Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Ruben Tejada - SS - Mets (Wii)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:06 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Next up for me is Ruben Tejada, the Mets terrible, bad, no-good shortstop. He's been on the team since 2010, their starting Shortstop since 2012, after the departure of Jose Reyes. There was once a part of the 2012 season, late April I think, where Tejada was roping the ball and Reyes was struggling, and we thought we did the right thing by letting Reyes walk away. How wrong can someone be? Anyway, here are my thoughts on Ruben: He has litterally no power. Before this past fluke season, it was a challenge for him to hit the ball out of the infield. He really think he was on the juice last season, much like Marlon Byrd for us in 2013. He is much slower than he looks, and his fielding is horrible. He's basically Rey Ordonez but worse. He constantly misses easy grounders, and I'll never forget one September 2012 game I went to where he threw the ball into the Mets dugout in the top of the 9th to let Miami tie the game, then win it with a single in the bottom frame.
Here is what EricDavis had:
2011:
Ruben Tejada 22 NYM > > 2 3 53 11 10 7 6 > 4 6 a > > > > > > > > > > vs_Lefty_5 ...
2013:
Ruben Tejada , x , 2 , 8 , 61 , 25 , 6 , , vL4
Here's what I'm thinking:
TRJ: 1
CON: 5-7
PWR: 50-85 (Not going over F here, last year was a fluke)
SPD: 6-8
FLD: 5-7
ARM: 10-11
E-RES: 5-7
Abilities:
Spray Hitter (He hits to all fields)
Contact hitter
Error Prone
Vs LH 4
Throwing 2 (Has terrible accuracy)

Any others? Let me know. Did you make a version robhallett? Anything to add, AOW and others? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Ruben Tejada - SS - Mets (Wii)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
SS main position, 2B secondary position

TRJ 1-2
CON 7 (.254 career avg) - can do CON 6 with Vs Lefty 4, that works
POW 65-70
SPD 8, can throw in stealing 2 or baserunning 2, CS% is terrible
ARM 11 is my best guess, a few highlights and reports on it being good to great
FLD 10-11 (B-R and sabrmetric look good, Total Zone has him as a positive. He's no Daniel Murphy :) BIS has him slightly negative, but it's still 9 minimum, 10 easily. It's up to you which to follow, but taking them all into account is best)
E RES 9-10 ( he's 2 points up on league avg fldg pctg)

specials:
Might want to consider patient hitter, he adds walks to really push up the OBP, even when he carries a terrible avg like last year
already mentioned Vs Lefty 4, stealing 2. If you've seen arm accuracy issues throwing 2, but it can be tough to get.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Ok, I'll follow your guide, AOW. I think his fielding could be a bit lower, we'll see... Just one question, how do you get Stealing 2? It doesn't say how to on the wiki...
http://youtu.be/ghuRxQ0kHK4
The link above is just one of his many missed routine throws from short to first, he never has enough arm strength to reach the first baseman.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:12 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Yeah my bad, you can only get base running 2. Darn

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I have gotten throwing 2 and stealing 2. Throwing 2 is possible with the TV thief, you need to guess the right place he will be but you need to hope the throw misses the thief. It takes quite a bit of S\L. Your chances are higher if your arm strength is lower at the time so better to do thief early. BUT stealing 2 is received from the doctor thief. Same thing though guess right and hope your guy doesn't run him down. The problem. If you're doing an arc the other girls can interpret you as cheating (don't know why but Patty has never worked out well). This thief you need to do after any arcs but some arcs go almost for the entirety of the success mode hence why I only have one player with it. If speed is low your chances of getting it on S/L is higher but better off to get base running 2 an easy to get ability in comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:10 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Sorry this guy is taking forever, I had a ton of trouble starting him (see the Hunter Strickland page for a whole list of what went wrong). But now I got him without any toothaces or Laziness or anything and I'm in Triple-A. Here's what I have so far, off the top of my head:
TRJ 2
CON 7
PWR 55
FLD 5
E-RES 4
ARM 7
SPD 4

I'm just going to bump up the fielding stats in AAA, anything else before I finish him?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:16 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Well, he's finally finished. I got so pissed when I got a Succesful Goodjob right before the Sittch game! I got Durability 4, Gd Small Ball and Error Prone was cured! :evil: ! Whatever, he still came out accurate. Since I didn't get error prone, I gave him 6 E-Res and 8 fielding. Also, since I didn't get Throwing 2, I gave him 9 arm strength. Believe me, his fielding in horrible. I don't care what websites say, watch him play in real life. Also, gave him some more power at the end, because I had a ton of strength points left over and I wanted to make his power a bit higher just in case last year wasn't a fluke... Enjoy!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 225.08 KiB | Viewed 3185 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 239.18 KiB | Viewed 3185 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 225.84 KiB | Viewed 3185 times ]