Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Phillippe Aumont - RP - Phillies (Wii)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Next up before Wilmer Flores, I'll go into enemy territory and make a Phillies player :lol: . Phillippe Aumont is a flame-thrower who has no control. I watched some video that MLB.com had of him so I could see him in action and there were a ton of videos showing his wild pitches. The G in control I'm going to get him will help get a high top speed. Here's what robhallett had:
Quote:
top speed 98
control 93
Stamina 65
SIFB 5
Slurve 2
Split 1
Fastball life 4
VS LH hitter 4
Dr K
Walk
Hot head

And here's what WBC Power Pros 2013 had on him, actually somewhat lifelike:

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 33.38 KiB | Viewed 4629 times ]

Post subject: Re: Phillippe Aumont - RP - Phillies (Wii)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

So here's what I'm thinking:
Top Speed 96-98 (The highest I saw him reach in the videos was 96, and he hits 93-94 consistently, so maybe 96 is more life-like here, also, that's what I'll probably only be able to reach anyway)
Control: G (Anywhere from like 80-95 or so)
Stam: High E (has been converted into a reliever)
Pitches:
SIFB 3-4 (maybe 5)
Slurve 2
Split 1
Abilities:
???

I'm looking at you for help, phillies :lol: . Anyone else? I'll most likely start him tommorow if I get the chance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:45 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Seems accurate, he's pretty frustrating to watch. Good fastball but he dishes out walks and homers, still hasn't harnessed his control or command. Terribly disappointing return for Cliff and a momentous screw up by RAJ.

FB/SL/CB; FB hits 93 on avg in 2014.

wikipedia wrote:
Aumont is a typical "power" pitcher: a pitcher with a hard fastball and sharp breaking ball whose goal is to strike out as many batters as possible. Aumont throws a fastball in the mid 90s, reaching the upper 90s on occasion, with late movement. His breaking pitch is a "power slurve" which moves more like a curveball and has been clocked in the high 70s to low 80s. He has also thrown a changeup on occasion.

"This offseason I was looking around a little bit. What I've heard and what you can see [from the stats] is that he didn't really get through his wild stage until he was [almost 30]. So that's why when I go to bed at night I'm like, 'You know what? I still might be struggling with mechanics. I still might not be able to consistently get the corner I want or get the result of the pitch that I want. But if I keep working it will come to me and eventually I'll get it. Some guys get it really early. Some guys get it later. That's just how it works."
Quote:
touching 96 mph from a low three-quarters arm slot that can be devastating for righthanded hitters. Aumont flashes an occasionally plus slider at 80-82, though his arm slot makes it difficult for him to stay on top of the pitch. His velocity has vacillated during the spring, and his mechanics are raw, but he’s athletic..
Quote:
Aumont’s raw arm strength is still plus, even with his inconsistency, but if he gets back to where he was mechanically, his 93-96 mph fastball with heavy sink would make the pitch well above average. His control and command are both below average now because of the inconsistency of his overall stuff. His mechanics were a mess in 2010, and its unclear which direction he’s going. With his height and the moving parts in his delivery, it will be something he will always have to work hard at. He’s dealt with a number of injuries since turning pro, though he remained healthy in 2010. His curveball is above average, his changeup is below average, hence the average rating overall.
Quote:
92-95 MPH sinking fastball, Aumont has an imposing mound presence that endears him to scouts and coaches alike. While he's barely 22, he's already raising eyebrows with a precocious ability to pound the lower part of the zone and work both sides of the plate. While he has a slider and changeup, neither is a plus pitch, which means he'll rise or fall on his sinker.

Last edited by philliesfan134 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Top Speed: He hit 97.9 in 2012, and 96.9 in 2013, so I would say either 97 or 98 mph.
Control: Definitely a G, just don't upgrade whatever you start as. I would even consider reloading if you get an F or higher to start.
Stamina: I would give him a low D, like robhallett did, somewhere in the 65-75 range.

Curveball - (CB or SLV) - 3/4
Sinker - (SIFB) - 3/4

Dr. K for sure, his K/9 and K% stats are off-the-charts, he's one of those that can be "effectively wild" sometimes.
Fastball Life 4 is a no - his "FA" and "FT" get hit pretty hard.
Spin 4, though, is a possibility; his curve has a 47.5 K%, and opponents hit only .171 against it.
Try to avoid VS LH Batter 4, that platoon split is horrendous

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:47 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Quote:
His breaking pitch is a "power slurve" which moves more like a curveball
So slurve 2-3? And then changeup? What should his pitches be?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Quote:
Aumont's fastball averaged 96 m.p.h. in 2012. He threw it at 94 m.p.h. in 2013. The pitching coach lamented the lack of groundball outs, too.
Quote:
Aumont is an intimidating power pitcher. He stands at 6’7” and hurls a 94mph fastball (that can touch 96) with some serious sink on it. His secondary pitch is a slider with great movement that he needs to improve his control on. In order for him to be a successful starter, he needs to work on his change-up, which right now is an average pitch at best. Beacuse of his lack of a third pitch (right now), many scouts see him as a closer in the future.
You also can’t talk about Aumont without talking about his temper. He is ultra-competitive and can sometimes let his emotions get the best of him on the mound. He often tosses his glove after being removed from a poor start and has been known to glare at umpires. This kind of emotion can be good, but Aumont needs to learn when to rein it in..
Quote:
Phillippe Aumont seems like one of the more polarizing prospects among Phillies fans right now. On the plus side, you have the big arm strength and great sinker, which will play well in Citizens Bank Park, but on the downside, I’ve seen some criticisms of his mechanics, and he does throw across his body. How much should we worry about him breaking down, and will it be better for his arm to potentially be pitching 3 days in a row, or once every 5 days? With his fastball being as good as it is, can he be a mid rotation starter even if his curveball and changeup are just average big league pitches?
Quote:
Aumont, one of the three players acquired in the Cliff Lee trade with the Seattle Mariners, simply hasn’t been able to find the strike zone whatsoever. At the big league level, he has walked 24 of the 169 batters he has faced (14.2%). At Triple-A, he has walked 107 of 586 (18.3%), including 59 of 279 between 2013-14 (21.1%). It wouldn’t be shocking if the Phillies designated him for assignment. It would be less surprising to see Aumont latch on with a new team and turn things around. The Phillies have shown themselves over the years to be completely inept at developing pitchers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:10 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

What I got from that:
No Groundball P (Not that I planned on getting it anyway)
Hot Head (Is there any other way to get this than through Sittch? I can never mash the buttons enough on the water-walking practice)
Consistency 2?
Walk?
Pitches:
Sinker 3-4 (Maybe 5)
Silder 2-3
Curve/Slurve 2-3
Change 1-2

Anything else to add?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:47 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
On the water walk, if I can't succeed by mashing, sometimes I slow my button presses down to like 3 or 4 a second. Sometimes the game triggers better on a medium press than an all out mash. Might be worth a try!

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:56 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
The siitch even is by far the least agonising. The other way is when dating patty and you find Ben has collapsed choose the option go and check straight away. This will take some save loading as you can also get release 4 as well for quickness

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:06 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
LetsGoMets77 wrote:
What I got from that:
Hot Head (Is there any other way to get this than through Sittch? I can never mash the buttons enough on the water-walking practice)

I haven't done this event in a while. But I've always succeeded by mashing A as much as possible. I never put a rhythm into it, other than going as fast as I could.

My list of success players

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
SIFB instead of Sinker, make that a 3 or 4
Slurve 2-3, no slider or curve
I suppose you could give him a level 1 CHG or SPLT

Hot Head (or Battler?) might be good

I just try to slide my finger back and forth across the A Button as quickly as possible, and it always works

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Finished. Came out nicely, even got top speed to 97. Really meets everyone's inputs. I got VS LH 4, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I tried for Hot Head and Battler, but got to Frank too late and couldn't get past the Water Training. I got W/RISP 2 instead. Hope you all enjoy, and if you have time PLEASE take up my Jennry Mejia request. Please I beg of you! I would really like to have a full Mets 2015 team for my game...

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 226.42 KiB | Viewed 4537 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 262.19 KiB | Viewed 4537 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 291.02 KiB | Viewed 4537 times ]