Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Requests:
These rules are subject to change at any time. Remember, custom players take time to make just right.

* One player request per person at a time. No exceptions. Post ALL of the required information (name, position, appearance) and as much desired info as possible (desired abilities, stat levels).
* When your request is fulfilled, edit the title of the first post to say so. Make a link to the post if the completion post is deep in the thread.
* Wait a week before bumping an un-answered request. The few of us who are kind enough to offer our services are more than likely busy with other requests or our own players.
-->

Post subject: Success mode characters (early start on 08')
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:33 am 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
When Mlbpp 08' comes out, I would like to make a full arrange team of success mode characters that are in the game.
Only the ones that you can make exact duplicates of in the player edit menu though. Like people with normal size heads. Unless of course there are different head options. (That would be cool)
I know it's still gonna be a while before it comes out, and it's gonna take some time getting used to the new success mode, but if anyone has similar plans, or were planning on making any characters like that,
or if you just want to be nice and help me out :D , please "claim" your character here so maybe I don't have to make a dozen characters myself.
Your help would be much appreciated!

(I was afraid to put this in 08' requests, but maybe it's more suitable)

Post subject: Re: Success mode characters (early start on 08')
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:12 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Yeah, it needs to be in 2008. I'll make a character for you, but of course will need some time to get the hang of the system. What are you looking for? Typically I make above average major league players, but don't shoot for maxed out stats. Just not my thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Same here i was never really good at sucess mode the best i went with were average to below average players/prospects

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:23 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

I just don't have time to spend making maxed out guys. My fiancee likes to run me off the Wii so she can play her games. Having a GF that likes to play video games is awesome, but also a big pain at times.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:23 pm 
Ace
Ace

I like unique looking players, like Spider from the Champion Rings, that you can duplicate in edit mode. Ones that stand out, like they're wearing sunglasses or has blue hair or something like that. Once 08' comes out I will have a better idea. I mainly want average players. Like one or two from each success mode team. Not necessarily the best player from each team but maybe the third or fourth. Hopefully in 08' there are more options to make some of the crazier looking characters. I would like the stats to be fairly accurate and the batting stances to match.

So just pick a character you like, post here that your going to make him, and then we'll start a success mode characters topic in Password exchange to post the password when you're done.

Don't worry if it takes a while to get the hang of it to make them properly. I'll be spending a lot of time in success mode, so it'll probably be a while before I want to get into season mode anyway.

If everyone just posts their success mode characters here (or in password exchange rather) then it doesn't even have to be about who I like, we'll just collect them all!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:40 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Sounds good. I make just whatever and then put it up in the password exchange when I am done. Probably either an outfielder or starting pitcher.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:04 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
Since we won't know until the game comes out and we've played it, have you guys thought about who you're going to do on your first play through? I know I won't try anyone too good because of the obvious learning curve I'll have to go through. I suppose I'll do a fictional player of some kind, just not sure who yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:23 pm 
Ace
Ace

I am definitely going to start off slow making guys that have easy to get abilities.

Is there a way to see the actual stats of some of the players (not on your team) in success mode? Like when you play them? I've never tried.

If we can get some of the stats of some of the characters, we could start a thread somewhere posting each player's abilities so that we know approximately what we're shooting for. We can also discuss the stats so that everyone agrees.

I'm pretty sure your teammates' stats are random, but I think they are always relatively the same each time you play.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I'll probably make someone that can be lopsided as far as stats go, a DH, a LF, maybe a 2nd baseman. Something along those lines to start with. I can only dream that the PS2 and Wii will use the same passwords!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:14 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

MrWelz wrote:
I am definitely going to start off slow making guys that have easy to get abilities.

Is there a way to see the actual stats of some of the players (not on your team) in success mode? Like when you play them? I've never tried.

If we can get some of the stats of some of the characters, we could start a thread somewhere posting each player's abilities so that we know approximately what we're shooting for. We can also discuss the stats so that everyone agrees.

I'm pretty sure your teammates' stats are random, but I think they are always relatively the same each time you play.

For 2007, if you pause a game and click the Score button, you can see the stats for the characters on the other team. You can see them for your team as well, and when you use Willy you will see his stats.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I can only hope to help you out. I'm not good at Success Mode but I can make you something that's average (or below average). Hopefully, passwords will be compatible this year b/w PS2 and Wii.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 pm 
Ace
Ace

I previously stated that I want the third or fourth best player on each team. Well, after further research, it seems as though every team only has one unique "permanent" player, other than the C-Rings. So I guess just making them look as close as possible is going to have to work. Regardless of head shape as long as they don't have a REALLY deformed head like Toby.

Here's one example...

Hank ? from the Stones. #18
B/T L/R
Power Hitter, BL Hitter, Durability
Negative abilities: Stealing2, Baserunning2
Other: Slugger, Agr Hitter
Con:8, Pwr:81, Trj:4, Runspd:3, Arm Str:2, Fld:2, ERes:3
Batting Stance: Standard 20
Face:119, Hair:7, Color:7
Red bat with black end. Dark brown glove(?)

That's about as close as I can get him to look.
I didn't realize that these players were so bad. So maybe we should bump the stats up a little. These are first year stats so they are probably better in the third year. Maybe like a grade higher in everything would be good. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:58 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

I think that after three years on the team Marvin's stats never improve, and that puzzles me because everyone else does.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
Actually, Marvins contact and run speed improve (slightly)
Best I ever got out of him was E contact, F power, E run, E field, E arm, E error, 1trj.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:40 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

MrWelz,

So the characters you want, what exactly are you looking for? Say I wanted to make a RF for you.