Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Requests:
These rules are subject to change at any time. Remember, custom players take time to make just right.

* One player request per person at a time. No exceptions. Post ALL of the required information (name, position, appearance) and as much desired info as possible (desired abilities, stat levels).
* When your request is fulfilled, edit the title of the first post to say so. Make a link to the post if the completion post is deep in the thread.
* Wait a week before bumping an un-answered request. The few of us who are kind enough to offer our services are more than likely busy with other requests or our own players.
-->

Post subject: Sandy Koufax, SP - Los Angeles Dodgers - PS2 - FULFILLED
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I want to make my arrange teams as accurate as possible, but after seeing robhallet's passwords for Nolan Ryan and Carl Ripken Jr. I am very tempted to add a legendary player to the team I'm going to control.

Here's how I want him:
- Name: Sandy Koufax
- Saved Name: Koufax
- Appearance: Make him realistic (there's a headshot of him at Baseball Reference website
- Team: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Number: 32
- Years in majors: 11
- Bats/Throws: R/L (he batted right-handed in real life but I'm not sure if it can be configured this way in Power Pros for a pitcher, if not make him L/L)
- Pitching style: Over-the-top motion (read the two paragraphs in his wikipedia page)
- Stats and Abilities: Use the stats of his 1965 season determine them (I have no idea how to translate real life stats to Power Pros numbers and abilities)
- Pitching repertoire: 105 mph 4SFB (his real life fastball was usually between 97-99 and sometimes 100 mph), drop curveball (some say he was the greatest curveball pitcher of all time and describe it as awesome and filthy), changeup and forkball (the last two he threw only occasionally)
- Age: 30 (he was born on December 30, so he was already 30 at the start of the 1966 season).
- Accessories: None
- Wristbands: None

If you need more information there's a picture of a scouting report when he was still 18-years old and in his Wikipedia page they describe a bit more his pitching style.

Thanks and I hope he doesn't prove to be a though challenge.

EDIT: Two abilities that he needs to have: Fastball life (it had very good movement) and Strong Finisher (he pitched extremely well in the last two innings). Also, curveball was changed to drop curve (see posts bellow).

EDIT 2: Was taking a look at the blue abilities and found a few more that are obvious: Recovery 4 (he started 41 games that season), DO NOT acquire Gd Delivery (he had a problem of tipping his pitches), Dr. K, Durability 4 (he was diagnosed with arthritis in his left elbow before the 1957 season and with traumatic arthritis during the 1964 season) and Consistency 4 (he was in pain due to the arthritis during the 1965 and 1966 seasons and still was awesome) and Intimidator.

"What the $#@& am I supposed to do, go out there and let my $#@& players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the $#@& nickel-dime people who turn up? The $#@& don't even work. That's why they're out at the $#@& game. They oughta go out and get a $#@& job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a $#@& living. 85 percent of the $#@& world is working. The other 15 percent come out here. A $#@& playground for the $#@&. Rip them $#@&. Rip them $#@& $#@& like the $#@& players."

Cubs Mngr Lee Elia, April 29, 1983

Last edited by Sandy Koufax on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sandy Koufax, SP - Los Angeles Dodgers - PS2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I can't do him because I am on Wii and am not good enough to do it, but I think his curve was more like a PP style drop curve.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:28 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

You're right, Clayon Kershaw's curve has been compared to Koufax's and if I recall correctly, Rob created him a drop curve.

I'm going to edit my original post to change it and add extra information (he needs to have Fastball Life and Strong Finisher).

"What the $#@& am I supposed to do, go out there and let my $#@& players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the $#@& nickel-dime people who turn up? The $#@& don't even work. That's why they're out at the $#@& game. They oughta go out and get a $#@& job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a $#@& living. 85 percent of the $#@& world is working. The other 15 percent come out here. A $#@& playground for the $#@&. Rip them $#@&. Rip them $#@& $#@& like the $#@& players."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:17 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
I'm confused you said he had an arthritic condition but to give him durability 4? Or you want me to avoid durability 4, in that case would you like it to be durability 2?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:07 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I guess it's kind of confusing. Yes, please give him Durability 4.

The whole arthritis thing was to justify my choice. He played 9 seasons with the disease (the last two and a half in a lot of pain) and IMHO that is a strong indication that he was very durable (or had a very high threshold for pain).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Sandy Koufax is complete and I will post him in 9 hours time as I've got a busy day on. His top speed is 105 control is 189(during his career the strike zone was enlarged so his control numbers became better with that implementation). Stamina is 215-225. Abilities; fastball life 4, W/RISP 4, battler, durability 4, poise 4, consistency 4, dr k, intimidator, star, STR finisher, GF low pitch there's a few more but can't remember.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Did he turn out alright, or as you wanted???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Did you S/L on the ghost to get Star?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

For this character yes. Any character if you want intimidator from either Lucy or patty you will need to s/l ghost at the fountain to get star

Post subject: Re: Sandy Koufax, SP - Los Angeles Dodgers - PS2 - FULFILLED
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:17 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Yes, he is exactly how I wanted him. Can't wait to finish setting up the arrange teams and use him in simulation to see how his career would have continued if he hadn't been forced to retire at age 30. Thanks Rob!!!

By the way, sorry for not replying earlier. I was out of town and had very little internet access until today (I took my laptop with me, but grabbed the wrong AC adapter :roll: ).