Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I might have the spark again.
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:34 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PSP) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable 2
I am, errr was an avid videogame baseball fan from Championship Baseball on C64 way back in the day. I made the journey through several RBI baseballs, some games on Sega Genesis console, EA when it was Triple Play to now. I like sim ball better than Arcade but the recent offerings for my system (360) only MLB 2k# and the BIGS... :roll: I have kinda fallen out of it. MLB 2k series in my opinion has great potential but franchise/season Freezing bug and extensive slider edits required to make homerun numbers more realistic ruined it for me with their 06 and 07 versions. I have not tried 08 so i can't say too much about it. I do know I am not feeling it enough to make the 59.00 dollar plunge just yet.

After developing some weird thing for Japanese Pro baseball i found out about this Power Pro series. After that I just wondered to myself, why cant they have an option to have the menus in English? I stumbled upon MLB Power Pros accidental and now I want a Wii :lol: . So I am trying hard to get one and I hope I can get my hands on this game to hold me over till 08 drops... but I must get a Wii first.

I think this is a great site and just wanted to join up, i hope they have an online mode for 08 i think this would be a great community for some tourny action.

Well since I am posting I have one question for now, Does this game have actual minor Leagues? Or are they kinda like the Powerful University Tulips? If so are they playable? or only in success mode?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: I might have the spark again.
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 am 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Yes and no

In season mode there us a AAA roster but its basically just a holding area for prospects

and the college level stuff is only in success mode as a success player

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

Post subject: Re: I might have the spark again.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:22 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
I too was a big fan of baseball games. My favorites had always been Baseball Stars and Hardball. I haven't really played anything since those games and discovered Power Pros when it came to the Wii awhile ago. It is seriously a refreshing sim of baseball. My only major grievance is the rosters. Everything else is top notch. I actually ENJOY playing the games. I can't say that for the other baseball sims out there.