It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2008 questions.....Career Mode
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:39 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Any idea on how Career Life is going to play out? Do we play the games like in Season mode, controlling everything, or will it be like Success mode, only your at bats or when you're pitching? The reason I ask is that I can't possibly see ANYONE playing every game for a 20yr career without simming games and other events. If you only play games like we do in the College World Series, those only take a few minutes, that would make more sense and simming would happen less often.

I'm looking forward to the Career mode, probally spend most of my time playing it, and hope that it works smoothly.

Something else to think about. You put yourself on the KC, trying to trun them around, but after a couple of seasons you figure it's a lost cause....could you ask for a trade? You would lose a bunch of fans but if you could go to NY with a larger market....

What was the color of dirt BEFORE it got dirty?

Post subject: Re: 2008 questions.....Career Mode
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
from what I know about the past versions in the Japanese games, it's pretty much an extended success mode. You control only your player but I can't be sure how many games you play per season.

FoxTrump wrote:
could you ask for a trade? You would lose a bunch of fans but if you could go to NY with a larger market....

That's a question I have myself. I want to make a player people don't like, like a Barry Bonds type of guy or a Gary Sheffield. One of the weakness you can give your characters is "crybaby" so I'm hoping it will translate to something like demanding trades.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:06 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Having to pick weaknesses for your players is going to add a nice touch, harder to make that uber player.

I know they have done this Career mode in Japan but I remeber playing it on Madden, won't buy one again, and the idea was there but it was a waste. I truely hope this mode works smoothly. It is going to add mega replay value and be a major timesuck!

What was the color of dirt BEFORE it got dirty?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:40 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
FoxTrump wrote:
Having to pick weaknesses for your players is going to add a nice touch, harder to make that uber player.

I know they have done this Career mode in Japan but I remeber playing it on Madden, won't buy one again, and the idea was there but it was a waste. I truely hope this mode works smoothly. It is going to add mega replay value and be a major timesuck!

I really enjoyed the weakness part of the career, I am almost certain you can't ask for a trade. I think the crybaby weakness is that if you are a pitcher for example and you give up 2 runs, you will want to be taken out. In other words if something doesn't go your way you want out or you throw a fit.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:13 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Check the My Life forum. We get into all of this and then some. This topic is from before the game game out.