All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tony Pena (SP) - Yankees
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:51 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Tony Pena (born December 25, 1988 in New York City, New York) is a multiple Cy Young Award-winning starting pitcher who broke into the majors in 2008 and retired at the age of 35 in 2024. He played for the New York Yankees his entire career and is considered to be one of the best pitchers to ever pitch for them. He holds all time records in ERA and Strikeouts and many more. He is eligible for the Hall of Fame in 2029 and is expected to get in.

Childhood
Pena grew up in Washington Heights, New York City, New York, and attended George Washington High School, New York, the same school slugger Manny Ramirez went to, graduating at the age of 19 years old. He was a 4-time All-City selection in baseball and as a high school freshmen till senior was named New York City Public School Player of the Year, compiling 30-0 record with an ERA of 0.29 and 250 strikeouts. He was inducted into the New York City Public School Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012, following his 5 straight Cy Young Award.

New York Yankees

Rookie Year

Drafted in the first round of the 2008 draft by the New York Yankees, he was immediately said to be the greatest player ever drafted by the New York Yankees. He did not pitch in winter ball as he had an injury on his left shoulder. He was invited to spring training to compete for a spot in the starting rotation. He easily won a spot and was put on the 25 man roster. In the first game of the season, he was called on to replace sinkerballer Chien-Ming Wang in the 9th inning in a tied game. He pitched 4 strong innings for the win as the Yankees eventually walked off. He struck out the side in the 9th inning and finished the game with 7 strikeouts. Following strong displays in the season, he was chosen to start the All-Star game for the 1st time. On September 3rd, Pena pitched a perfect for the New York Yankees, the first of many to come. He finished the season strong with a 24-2 Win/Loss record, a 1.79 ERA and had 348 strikeouts. He pitched the Yankees into the world series against the Braves where in game 1, he dueled John Smoltz for 13 innings, which the Yankees finally won. But they lost the next 4 games in a row and lost the world series. Pena was awarded the Cy Young Award and Rookie of the Year.

Following Years

Pena had dominating seasons during 2009-2012, and won the Cy Young all 4 years. In 2013, he went 25-3 with a 0.81 ERA with 384 punch outs for his 1st ever MVP. Following his MVP year, from 2014 to 2015, he won the Cy Young during the 2 years. However, in 2016, he became the 1st ever pitcher to crack the 400 strikeout mark with 432 strikeouts and is the all time record. His seasoned finished with a 0.72 ERA with 29 wins and 432 strikeouts.

In 2018, Tony Pena did the unthinkable. In the 2018 All-Star Game he pitched the 1st ever no-hitter. He finished the season with a miniscule 0.32 ERA with 28 wins and 381 Strikeouts, 23 shutouts and 30 complete games. He held opponents to a .081 batting average, giving up 98 total bases and had 32 quality starts for a 100% for quality starts. This was arguably his best ever pitching year. He won the Cy Young Award but mysteriously did not win the MVP.

Rest of Career
From 2019-2024, Tony Pena started the All-Star games, won the Cy Young each year and the MVP once in 2022. In 2022, he had 31 wins with a 0.59 ERA. In his last ever game against the Tampa Bay Rays, Tony Pena pitched 13.1 innings of 2-hit ball with 23 strikeouts but was removed due to an arm injury which was minor. He had a perfect game going through the 9th, but in the 10th he gave up a bloop single. He struck out his final batter ever on a 104 mph fastball which he whiffed at. After the game, he was given a standing ovation with 1 walk around the stadium. Many analysts figured Tony Pena would make the Hall of Fame in 2029 as one of the best starting pitchers to ever play the game.

Career Stats:
Win-Loss: 463-36 (.928)
ERA: 0.95
Strikeout: 6523
BB: 732
IP: 4610.1

Career highlights and awards
16x All-Star selection (2008-2024)
16x Cy Young Award winner (2008-2024)
Won AL Triple crown from 2008-2024
Led AL in wins from 2008-2024
Led AL in ERA from 2008-2024
Led AL in strikeouts from 2008-2024
All-Star Game MVP in 2022
2x MVP (2013, 2022)
Rookie of the Year in 2008
11x Humanitarian of the Year (2011-2013, 2016-2023)
23x No-Hitter
14x Perfect Game
79x Pitcher of the Moth
Second all-time in regular season wins (462)
First all-time in regular season W/L % (.928)
First all-time in regular season ERA (0.95)
First all-time in regular season Strikeouts (6523)
First all-time in regular season WHIP (.5484)
First all-time in regular season Quality Starts (529)
First all-time in regular season Quality Starts% (.962)
First all-time in regular season Shutout (267)
Holds MLB record for most Strikeouts in a season (432)
Holds MLB record for lowest ERA in a season (0.30)
Holds MLB record for W/L % in a season (1.000)

This is the first ever player I finished in MLB Life and I hope you read this and if you guys want, I have his password at his peak and its pretty good. Have fun reading, hope you guys enjoy it. I'll add a bit more soon.

Success Players

Tony Pena (SP)
Stetter (CP)
Kevin Frandsen (3B)
O'Flaherty (1B)

Post subject: Re: Tony Pena (SP) - Yankees
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Very nice. It's fun to see created players dominating like that. :)

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:13 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Mets
You could never pitch a no hitter in the all star game in real life because you can only pitch 3 innings. Too bad this couldn't be real, it would be awesome.

And what is Humanitarian of the Year? I've never heard of that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:02 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Yankees
Bobby Baseball wrote:
You could never pitch a no hitter in the all star game in real life because you can only pitch 3 innings. Too bad this couldn't be real, it would be awesome.

And what is Humanitarian of the Year? I've never heard of that.

Nope this is real. I can take a picture for you. Who said I ptiched it? I simmed it and that is probably a glitch in the game. I didn't know pitchers could win MVPs too.

Success Players

Tony Pena (SP)
Stetter (CP)
Kevin Frandsen (3B)
O'Flaherty (1B)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Mets
I'm not denying that you pitched a no hitter in the all star game. I meant too bad this couldn't really happen in real life.