Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Vicente Valtieri - P (My Life Log)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:10 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
This is a log that I'll be doing a bit differently than I usually play the game, as soon as I can get a starting pitcher role I'm going to simulate all my starts to get more realistic stats, (since you can't adjust the difficulty after you start, and it's way too low) and focus my time on events and hobbies (which we know surprisingly little about for how long this has been out).

Vicente is 20 years old, and was drafted by Oakland from an independent league (1st round)

Pitches: SIFB, SINK, CHG.

I signed a $390,000 contract with my agent, Matthew, then worked on my Sinker in the spring training practices.

Spring training stats:

Game 1 vs Giants: 3 innings pitched, 1 hit allowed, no runs, no walks.

Game 2 vs Giants: 2.1 innings pitched, 2 strikeouts, no runs, no hits, no walks.

Game 3 vs Cubs: 1.2 innings pitched, 2 strikeouts, 3 runs allowed (2 being the fault of terrible defense, one from an actual scored error), 3 hits, 1 error, no walks.

Because of my mediocre performance in spring training I have to start the year in AAA, not that I mind, I could definitely do better with a little seasoning.

End of March results (AAA):
1 game pitched, 14.7 ERA, 5 Ks, 0-1 record, 3 walks, 3.2 innings pitched, 6 runs allowed.

Stats upon April 22nd call up to MLB: 5-2 record, 2.68 ERA, 39 strikeouts, 8 walks.

Most of my time was spent uneventfully playing uninteresting video games.

First MLB game stats: 3.2 innings pitched, 3 strikeouts, recorded win, no runs allowed, 3 hits allowed, no walks.

First MLB start stats: 6.1 innings pitched, got the win, no runs allowed, 5 strikeouts, 6 hits allowed.

End of April MLB stats: 2-0 record, 0.00 ERA, 8 Ks.

The whole month of April I was pretty much just playing around with new video games, trying out the multiplayer modes with friends as well.

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

Post subject: Re: Vicente Valtieri - P (My Life Log)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Does anyone have advice on how to get injured on purpose? I never use the rest command but it's still impossible to get fatigue up, I got injured once for 5 days, but that was a simulated game which I now know doesn't count for meeting the doctor, anyway, next update:

After 3 starts, they finally decided I was good enough to earn an actual spot in the starting rotation, I’m hoping not to disappoint them.

End of May stats: 3.19 ERA, 5-2 record, 37 strikeouts.

I did pretty good in my first full month in the majors, for a rookie, at least, I think I did. I have started practicing a lot more while at home to avoid embarrassing the team and its fans, on the road I relaxed and played video games, usually.

End of June stats: 5.43 ERA, 6-5 record, 58 strikeouts.

After a mediocre June, I’ve lost my spot in the starting rotation, I don’t know what I’ve been doing differently lately, but I’ll definitely need to improve to get a spot back.

End of July stats: 4.21 ERA, 10-6 record, 88 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 46-61 (17.5 games behind)

After a good month of July I regained a spot in the rotation, all my practice equipment broke and I couldn’t afford anything else so I had nothing to do but play Video Games all month, as well as an occasional outing with a friend. I must remember how I “agreed” to donate $20,000 to charity for every win, and, as of now, I have no idea how I can come up with $200,000 cash. On another note, the A’s are playing hopelessly, with no chances of making the playoffs. On a higher note, I won Rookie of the Month.

End of August stats: 4.23 ERA, 12-8 record, 117 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 60-77, 3rd place, 19.5 games behind.

Literally nothing of interest happened this month.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:48 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Regular season ending stats: 3.95 ERA, 14-8 record, 151 strikeouts, 2 shutouts, 35 walks, 179 hits allowed.

I practiced a lot to this month, wasting no time to rest; it’s almost as if I can’t be injured. I won Rookie of the Month for September; needless to say, the A’s didn’t make the playoffs.

Postseason/Offseason:

The Braves won the World Series; I won Rookie of the Year. I worked on my Fastball speed during the postseason. I went to a Halloween party and gave out some candy for fun. After 3 days of negotiations, my agent Matthew got me an $840,700 contract for next year; I paid him $42,000 for his work. I donated $1000 to kids for Thanksgiving. I donated $10,000 for Christmas, despite already being in debt. In the offseason I mostly just kicked back and caught up with some old friends, like Hannahan, who was traded to the Reds shortly after I met him, and Oakley, who’s still in AAA.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Nice, I'm following this.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
Nice, I'm following this.

In that case, here's my 2009 year:

Spring Training:

I worked on my Sinker; I really want to have a great double play pitch just in case.

Game 1 vs. Giants: 3 innings pitched, 1 hit allowed, no runs, 3 strikeouts, won game.

Game 2 vs. Angels: 3 innings pitched, 3 runs allowed, 5 hits, 1 strikeout, lost game.

Game 3 vs. Brewers: 3 innings pitched, 3 runs allowed, 5 hits, lost game.

Game 4 vs. Mariners: 3 innings pitched, no runs allowed, no hits allowed, no decision.

I played a really inconsistent Spring Training; I’ll need to step it up if I hope to make a difference on this team.

End of April stats: 1.64 ERA, 3-1 record, 21 strikeouts.

I performed well in April, though I didn’t practice too much. I spent a lot of time with friends (who frequently rejected all of my invitations...). I won the Pitcher of the Month award.

End of May stats: 3.48 ERA, 5-5 record, 52 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 25-31, 6 games behind.

I didn’t do too well in May, as my ERA got quite a bit higher, but I practiced more, trying to learn how to perform consistently. In May, I also met a girl named Emma, we’ve went out a few times so far. Surprisingly the A’s still technically have a chance to make it to the playoffs.

End of June stats: 2.97 ERA, 8-5 record, 78 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 34-48, 9 games behind.

I did great in June, I think I now realize the key to this, baseball is just my job, it shouldn’t be my whole life, I need to go out, have fun, relax, then I can play better. I’ve been seeing Emma more lately, I think she might like me, and I think I might like her. It’s still a bit too early to tell for sure, I’ll see how things go, but it feels like when I pitch, I do it to impress her.

All Star Game stats: 1.1 innings pitched, 2 runs allowed, 2 strikeouts, lost the game.

End of July stats: 3.81 ERA, 11-6 record, 96 strikeouts
Oakland A’s record: 45-62, 11 games behind.

My ERA went up a little bit this month, but it didn’t hurt my record too much. Unfortunately, the A’s have been avoiding blockbuster trades like the plague (interesting note, the Blue Jays traded Roy Halladay to the Phillies), so I doubt we’ll be making playoff runs anytime soon. On a higher note (which is what I always like to end on), after a nice meal, Emma and I finally confessed our love. She understands that I have to focus on my career first and that I’m not ready to support a family yet, but we do have plans to get married that we haven’t told anybody about yet.

End of August stats: 3.44 ERA, 13-7 record, 125 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 57-77, 14 games behind.

In the month of August I have been focusing on all my baseball practices, trying to make sure I can earn a good contract for next year. Oakland A’s remain in last place in the AL West, I don’t expect to see that change.

End of 2009 Season stats: 3.90 ERA, 16-9 record, 144 strikeouts, 51 walks, 179 hits.
Oakland A’s final record: 70-92, 17 games behind.

Most of my final month this year was spent on practice, but I’m making sure to keep in touch with friends even though it seems they don’t like me.

Postseason/Offseason: All October, I practiced, and watched baseball. The Indians beat the Marlins in 5 games to win the World Series of 2009. I dressed up and gave candy for Halloween again. After a couple days of negotiations, I signed a $997,500 contract with the A’s for next year; I’m expecting to make a million next offer. In the offseason I donated $21,000 to various charities, I also took Emma out on Christmas, and practiced a lot.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:51 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

good stuff man.

I know playing My Life on the A's is tough work - I've written my OF log for months and months, and most of it is just pining to be traded to a winning team, or dreaming of when I hit FA and can pick a winning team.

As for the injury stuff - in My Life mode, I set a guy with Durability 2, and he misses 3-5 days all the time - I have to keep fatigue low, keep vitality high, and use those annoying items to stave off injury all the time. My other guy was randomly injured for a bit. Pitchers, I don't think mine has ever been injured yet. Must have more resistance - they tire out over the season,but I haven't seen an injury to pitchers. That's part of the reason this game isn't realistic - guys like Schilling, Pedro, Mike Hampton are out there pitching all year. Crazy.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Spring Training: I tried to learn a knuckleball.

Game 1 vs. White Sox stats: 3 innings pitched, 2 strikeouts, 1 hit allowed, no runs.

Game 2 vs. Royals: 3 innings pitched, 3 strikeouts, no hits, no runs.

Game 3 vs. Mariners: 3 innings pitched, 2 strikeouts, 1 run allowed, 4 hits allowed, lost the game.

Game 4 vs. Brewers: 3 innings pitched 1 strikeout, 1 hit allowed, no runs.

After a great spring, I’m optimistic about pitching some real games.

End of April stats: 2.93 ERA, 1-2 record, 27 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 17-10, tied for 1st place.

I didn’t pitch too terribly; I blame my current record on bad run support to start the games. I took a loan out from the bank, and bought a Luxury Condo, basically the deal we worked out means I have to pay them half my salary each month for the next 10 years, assuming my salary isn’t raised, which I hope it is. I think my new condo should be big enough for a family, but I’m not quite sure. I bought an engagement ring at the store, for when I’m ready; I noticed it was on sale for $10,000, so I took it considering just last month it was going for a ridiculous $80,000. I’ve been hanging around with Huston Street a bit more frequently this month, and he showed me a trick for practicing, now I feel like, with a lot more practice, I can pitch my fastball faster than ever before. The A’s have surprised me this month, starting out 4-0 and keeping a steady pace to wind up with a great record of 17-10, leaving us tied with the Angels for first place. I have to give credit where it’s due, to Joe Blanton, who went 6-0 with an ERA of 1.28 this month, leading the A’s pitchers to the best ERA in the division, and picking up the AL Pitcher of the Month award. Apart from my pitching, my life has been going pretty good lately. In other news, Oakley has been called up to the major league level, I’m happy for him, but he’s going to have to pitch at a higher level or he’ll just embarrass himself.

End of May stats: 3.38 ERA, 3-3 record, 54 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 36-19, 4 games ahead.

I feel great, why shouldn’t I? I bought a nice car, the Oakland A’s have continued their great play as a team, we’re now tied for best record in the majors, and I got engaged to Emma, we have a wedding scheduled for the second week of January, I can’t wait. I don’t think my life could get any better, words can’t describe it.

End of June stats: 3.57 ERA, 6-4 record, 81 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 49-32, 4 games ahead of the Angels.

The A’s fell apart a little bit in interleague play, but that’s ok, we still lead the AL West. I’ve been practicing most of this month, hoping not to become the weak link in a team that has turned great over the 2009 offseason. It’s a little weird how I’ve been consistently getting 27 strikeouts a month recently.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

All Star Game Stats: 2.1 innings pitched, 5 strikeouts, 1 hit allowed, no runs allowed.

End of July stats: 4.16 ERA, 7-7 record, 101 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 61-45, 3 games ahead of Angels.

It’s been a rough month, people have been hitting whatever I throw, and I’ve been losing several important games for my team. Then again, most of the month was on the road, so maybe it’ll get better from here, I mostly just read all month, aside from participating in the All Star Game, in which I dominated, helping the American League win. Normally I wouldn’t care but we could make the playoffs this year. I don’t know though, this isn’t how I imagined it, my team carrying me to the playoffs, I always hoped it would be more the other way around. Of course, that’s kind of egotistical, I know it’s a team sport, but I’ve pretty much been a non-factor and I don’t like it one bit. The A’s have avoided blockbuster trades this year as well, but that’s fine, if the puzzle pieces fit together, why mess around with them?

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

End of August stats: 3.99 ERA, 10-8 record, 133 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 75-58, 2 games ahead of the Angels.

One month left, we just have to hold on to that slim division lead and I can finally play my first playoff games, assuming we don’t get swept before my spot in the rotation comes up. I’ve been practicing a lot, I really want to do well...

End of 2010 regular season stats: 3.52 ERA, 14-10 record, 185 strikeouts.
MLB Career Stats to this point: 3.78 ERA, 564.2 innings pitched, 44-27 record, 92 games pitched in, 5 shutouts, 8 complete games, 480 strikeouts, 150 walks, .248 average against, 252 runs allowed, 237 earned runs, 90 games started, 555 hits allowed, 8662 pitches, 47 quality starts.

Oakland A’s record: 92-70, DIVISION WINNERS.

I pitched a dominating September, I won’t pretend I didn’t, nobody could hit off of me, they were lucky to manage contact off of my purely genius pitching. I lowered my ERA enough to win the AL ERA Title, and pitched great enough to win Pitcher of the Month as well. After a small scare we were able to fend off the Angels and win the division decisively, that may not be the last we see of them though, they won the Wild Card. Of course, we’ll have to get through the Yankees before thinking of facing them, or anyone else, this year.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Playoffs:

Game 1: Athletics win 8-6

Game 2: I got the start, I pitched 6.2 innings (73 pitches), allowed 3 hits, no runs, I struckout 13 Yankees hitters, getting credit for the 1-0 Athletics victory, setting us up for a sweep, although I’ll be more than happy with any kind of series win.
My opposing starter went 7.2 innings, giving up 2 hits, 1 run, and striking out 12. Our team spirit is high heading into game 3.

Game 3: Yankees win 8-5, we’ll be heading to Yankee Stadium for the rest of the Series, in other news, the Reds are advancing in the playoffs.

Game 4: Yankees win 15-7, forcing a decisive Game 5, in other news, the Cardinals are advancing in the playoffs.

Game 5: Yankees win 18-5, pulling off an upset and crushing our hopes of a World Series victory, in other news, The Twins won 2-0 against The Angels in their Game 5.

The LCS winners are the Cincinnati Reds and the New York Yankees, who will head to the World Series, both expecting to win.

The winners of the 2010 World Series are the New York Yankees.

Offseason:
I won the American League Pitcher of the Year Award.
An agent named Darryl King gave me his card the day before contract signings, it was a tough decision which person I would let negotiate my contract, somebody I’ve known and trusted for years, or somebody who’s never said a word to me? I decided to go with Matthew, as it made more sense, on the second day of negotiations, he got me a contract for $3,393,000 for the year, an amazing increase from last year, I’m more than pleased, I paid him $169,600 for his good work, looking back on it, it seems a bit much, oh well...
On January 8th, it was finally time for my wedding with Emma, it was a success, plenty of people came along, including my manager and my friends Oakley, Hannahan, and Street.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Spring Training:

Game 1 vs Rangers: 3 innings pitched, 4 strikeouts, 2 hits, 1 run allowed. Lost.

Game 2 vs Angels: 3 innings pitched, 3 strikeouts, 4 hits, 1 run allowed. Lost.

Game 3 vs Angels: 3 innings pitched, 1 strikeout, no hits, no runs allowed.

Game 4 vs Rockies: 3 innings pitched, 2 strikeouts, 2 hits, no runs allowed.

Worked on Sinker. Only had 2 practices for some reason.

April stats: 5.21 ERA, 3-0 record, 39 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 13-15, 6 games behind.

After a miraculous run to make the playoffs last year, we appear to not have any hope for making the playoffs this year, finishing April in last place in the AL West. After our playoff run in 2010, it seems scouts are finally preparing a report on me, it hasn’t been finished yet.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

End of May stats: 3.93 ERA, 5-0 record, 63 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 26-30, 6 games behind.

Well, at this point I’d say we’re a lock for last place at the end of this year, being the only team in our division below .500. I’ve been practicing a lot lately, but I’ve also spent time reading and talking with Darryl, who still wants to be my agent. I’m still a bit sceptical about choosing him, maybe in a few years I’ll see if he can get me some good money with a winning team. I’m pitching with an undefeated record right now so I can’t be held responsible at all for our bad spot in the standings, which is a relief to me, maybe good teams will still want me when I hit the Free Agency.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

End of June stats: 4.01 ERA, 6-3 record, 89 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 39-43, 6 games behind.

June was a streaky month for the team, going on an 8 game losing streak, as well as a 10 game winning streak. Overall, I didn’t do so well, having a 1-3 record for the month, I wound up trying too hard, pulling something in one of my losses, I took it easy for 5 days and was healthy in time for my next start. The A’s were 13-13 for the month, advancing to third place in the league, one game ahead of the last place Mariners.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

End of June stats: 3.94 ERA, 6-6 record, 113 strikeouts.
Oakland A’s record: 48-59, 12 games behind.

This month the team just played horribly overall, I lowered my ERA, yet I didn’t pick up a win, and got stuck with 3 more losses? The offense needs to pick it up for the team to have a chance at going anywhere in my career. At least this year the Athletics are humoring me, making a trade instead of sitting by and doing nothing, they traded S.Duncan for Liriano, Slowey, and J.Smith of the Twins. I didn’t make it into the All Star game this year, the National League won. Our playoff run of 2010 is seeming more and more like it was just a strange, wonderful dream, the team is horrible, honestly, how could we have ever made the playoffs?

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Nice log, keep it going...I'm reading it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next