All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: William Stewart-RHP-Nationals; MyLife log
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Sony PS2
Ok, since reading both the Dave Willis log and Alloutwar's player logs, I'm starting my own. This will be using a standard MyLife mode pitcher with the base of "Workhouse" as my starting stats. More will come later. I plan to make this a little like the Willis log in the first person view of a journal, and that it will have interesting non-in the modes things as well.

"You know the key to running a convicing bluff? Its, every once in a while, you've got to be holding all the cards."
-Ian, to Ben, in National Treasure

"Not all leader are elected, Finn. Some just rise to the occassion."
-Wayne, to Finn, in the book Kingdom Keepers II by Ridley Pearson

LET'S GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: William Stewart-RHP-Nationals; MyLife log
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:13 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
LightningMan117 wrote:
Ok, since reading both the Dave Willis log and Alloutwar's player logs

Oh come on, does nobody read my logs?

Will most of the pitcher's starts be simulated or something? Otherwise you run into huge problems with lack of run support, like having an ERA under 1 and a losing record. I really don't understand how they screwed it up that badly, run support works fine in simmed games.

That being said, welcome to the abandoned forum, although now that there are 3 people who use it, it's slightly less abandoned.

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

Last edited by cooldude1045 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 am 
All-Star
All-Star

No, the starts won't be simulated, I will play manualy every appearence, though I already ran into that problem with run support in my second start.

"You know the key to running a convicing bluff? Its, every once in a while, you've got to be holding all the cards."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Hey, I'm William Stewart, a right handed pitcher for the Washington Nationals. This is my story.

I was drafted 6th overall by the Washington Nationals in the 2007 draft. I was a pitcher coming out of UNC Charlotte, I had been drafted by the Yankees in the 3rd round in 2006, but I completed my degree in Criminal Justice and declared for the draft. It turns out it paid off and I got a good chance to be on the opening day roster. My agent, Matthew, hooked my up with a 1yr $390k deal. Not bad for a guy just of college in this economy.

It's Feburary, and Spring Training is under way. Matthew and my Manager showed me my offical scouting report today, saying I was a "Workhouse" with a "Nasty Breaker" and "Good Control & Spin". It did say I was an "Ugly Dude", which I would agree with, never had much success with the Ladies in my life. It said I topped out at about 86mph on the gun, had average (D) control, above average (C) stamina, medicore (1/7) foshball and Dropbball, and Decent (2/7) Hard Sinker. It also rated my Spin as a 4. I also met this guy named Oakley, who's a pitcher like me. He just came out of college he said, but I don't recconize him from anywhere, maybe he's someone from Div II. He also doen't have a first name, which really creeps me out. He said whoever made it to the Majors first would pay for dinner, not sure what he ment but I'm up to some friendly compition.

I held the my oppoents scoreless in Spring Training, whcih landed me a bullpen spot on opening day, although the manager hinted I might be in the rotation soon. I also met this sportscaster named Mia. She seemed to take a liking to me which I liked, since I haven't been that succesful in the love life at all in my life. I'm looking forward to April and hopefully new oppertunitys in the Majors!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
LightningMan117 wrote:
[Oakley] doesn't have a first name, which really creeps me out.

:lol: I always find it funny when someone says the name-less players are freaky. Maybe we should make up a name for Oakley.

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

im going to follow this looks intresting
Oakley's name should be Greg or Robert

Also Play me on Sim Yard!! My Team is the BeanTown Bears

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:48 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I think you can find out Oakley's real name. I think it's either Adam or Andrew.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

In all of my games he's been called Ethan Oakley, he does have a first name.

(In any case this topic seems to confirm my logs suck)

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:02 am 
All-Star
All-Star

April 2008

I started off April in the bullpen, not that I was expecting to be in the rotation already. I pitched 3 innings of scoreless relief on opening day, but I ended up with a no decision. A few days later, a got my first major league victory! Pitching 3 innnings again of scoreless relief and a Ryan Zimmerman Homer got me the win, and a spot in the rotation. In my first carrer start I did ok, going 5.2 innings of scoreless work and picking up the W. Coach said I was to "ordinary" today and I need to step it up. Ok, I'm just a rookie here folks, pretty dang good first few appearences for me I think. My next three starts however, I got no desicions despite not allowing ANY runs! My offense can't produce. I've put in threee QS and get nothing back other than about 6-7 Ks and no ER! Grrr... Heck, I'm HITTING BETTER THAN THEY ARE!!!!

As far as my social life goes, I've been taking Mia out before all of my starts and by some "dumb luck" I figured out what her two favorite resturants are, Family and Chineese food. She seems to have fun and I've done well every time she's come so far. Oakley (who is named Ethan by the way, not quite AS creepy now) is stuck in AAA with a smogasboard Nameless nobodies as teammates. He paid me $1,000 for dinner, which I was wondering, does the price f everything radicly increase when you become a Major Leaguer? I paid $1,200 for Mia's dinner at the "Fancy" Chineese place. I've been getting in the habit of practicing alone the day before each of my starts in order to stay sharp, which has worked really well. I've been Fishing, playing darts, playing video games, and Golfing mostly, and along with Oakley and Mia, I've been hanging out with Aaron Boone and Lastings Millege mostly. Elijah Dukes is certinly the intresting fellow though. I asked Aaron about him and he said that Elijah has this Cattle ranch or something. Something about spoons too? Oh, and he hates Beef Jerky too.

My stats after my first month in the Majors: 2-0, 0.00 ERA, 31 K

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:30 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I never actualy realized how well I wrote this log, in my opinion at least. But I deleted this save file to make room for some stuff on my other games, so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&ob=av3e