Post subject: Kasohito Ikeikena - A Japanese Import's Life In The MLB
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:48 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
(Alright, this is another attempt at a MyLife log. This is the story of a 23-year old CF from Japan named Kasohito Ikeikena, who just recently signed with the Diamondbacks. I will make posts in Japanese, with english translation, just to have a bit more...diversity with the log. Enjoy!

His stats are:
2 TRJ
D CON
E PWR
C RUN
D ARM
D FLD
D E-RES)

春季トレーニング

まあ、私はそれを信じることができません。 私はメジャーリーグ野球のアリゾナ・ダイアモンドバックスとの契約にサインしました。 私は私の生活がどのようにここ、州にあるか見るのを待つことができません。 私が言わなくてはなりません、それは生活より阪神タイガース、私の年がいったチームをずっと取り扱うのがもっとうまいです。

今日私は、彼のグレーの眉と髪を考慮に入れて、本当に年がいっているように見えたマネージャーに会いました。 彼は彼が何をしているか知っているすてきな人のように思われます。

導入の後に(私が本当に好きである、私がそれについていつかもしかすると記者会見にするであろう)実行に私はオークリーという名前の乱暴な男に会いました。 彼は気味が悪いです、我々にそれをそれに置かせました。 彼は、誰が最初に大きいクラブに達することができたかについて、彼が私に80,790円を賭けることを望むと言います。 私は彼に誰が上司であるか示すでしょう。

練習の後に2日目に、パワー Pros スポーツからの Mia という名前のこの少女がいました。 彼女はホットです、私にあなたにそれを話させました。.. そしてちょっと不器用な少女のようなもの。

メジャーリーグで私の最初の春季トレーニングがのようであったどのようにかである Anyway 。 ゲームはまもなく来ます。

(Spring Training

Well, I cannot believe it. I have signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks of Major League Baseball. I cannot wait to see how my life is here in the states. I must say, it is much better than life with the Hanshin Tigers, my old team.

Today I met the manager, who looked really old, considering his gray eyebrows and hair. He seems like a nice person who knows what he's doing.

After the introduction to practice (which I really like, I'll possibly make a press conference about it sometime) I met a wild dude named Oakley. He is weird, let us put it at that. He says he would like to bet me 80,790 yen on who could make it to the big club first. I will show him who is boss.

After practice on the second day, there was this girl named Mia from Power Pros sports. She is hot, let me tell you that ... and a bit of a clumsy girl.

Anyway, that's how my first spring training in the major leagues was like. The games are coming soon.)

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

Post subject: Re: Kasohito Ikeikena - A Japanese Import's Life In The MLB
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:56 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
This looks really cool. I'll follow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:44 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '08: Wii and DS
I will also follow.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '07: Don't Own
I was actually doing the same thing, I am trying to make a pitcher Akio Tokushima who throws a gyro ball and is from Japan, I made it so the Nationals are trying to get everyone, so they paid 100 million to be able to negotiate with Akio :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I'll follow a fellow Japanese log :)

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:40 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

春季トレーニングゲーム

私のサボテンリーグでシカゴ・カブスに対する第1ゲームで、私は先発として仮り予定されました。 マネージャーは大きいクラブを作るために、私が4つのオープン戦のそれぞれに2本のヒットを得なければならないと言います。 それは本当に堅いです。

私は今日オーダーで第6番目の場所にいました。 私の最初の打席は、ランナーが一塁とワンアウトの上に、ジェイソン侯爵と対立するという状態で、2回の裏にありました。 彼が私に打撃を与えるべき何かを与える前に、私は2-0にカウントをもたらしました、そして私は LF の中に下方に少し悪くそれを打ちました。 次の投球は私の足から離れてファウルにされました、しかし次の投球は…でしたスライダー、私は考えます、そして私は安打のために外野の中にあれを停止させました。 1ダウン、行くべき1。

私の次の打席は、1(人・つ)なしで実行されて、そしてあまりにも終わりで、カーメン Pignatiello と対面して、4回の裏にありました。 それはなんという名前であることでしょう。 見たところでは我々はワンアウトでコナー・ジャクソンによって1時間で得点しました、それでそれはクールでした。 私がベースのために中央を上にのぼって停止させた最初の投球は起きました。 その後、私は二塁に盗塁しようとすることに決めます。 良くない考え。 私はイニングを終わらせるために挟殺に巻き込まれました、しかし私が得た最少において私の必要とされる2は起きます。

私の打席で7回の裏に、私が私がレフトに、しかし悲しげにつり上げたカルロス・マルモルからそれを見たという最初のピッチは壁からありました。 シングルがそれほどホームランと私がしたすべてに近かったです。 ちぇっ。 私は、ベースを盗塁することで、再び試みることに決めます、しかしジャスティン・アップトンはライトにそれを打ちました。 少なくとも彼はほんの少し私を後押ししました。 私は意図的でないヒットエンドランが害になるはずがないと思います。 我々はその演劇で2を得点しました。

私がダブルプレーを打ち負かした後、私が8回に乗った後、私は、ベースを盗塁することについて、3回目試みます。 ただ私がもう盗塁しようとすることについて考えさえするために点スピードで私がBであるまで待つべきである、しかし私がそのベースを盗塁する寸前であったと言いましょう。 それで、私は3つのシングルで日3-4を終わらせました。 春季トレーニングデビューに良くなくはありません。 我々のチームは4 - 1.

ゲームの後に、私は私のエージェント、マシューと一緒にチェスのほんの少し、私の大好きな趣味、をプレーすることに決めます。 彼は本当に良いです、そして私は彼に負けました。 ちぇっ。

次の日、私のコーチは私のところに来て、そして私が社会に寄付したいかどうか尋ねました。 私はもちろんですと言って、そして私が打ったそれぞれの時間40,395円を寄付することを頼みました。 かなり合理的な、私の31,508,322円の、そして銀行でたった2,342,926円を持っている給料を与えられた。 あなたは何か知っています、私がいくぶんアメリカにいますから、今、私はほかの皆のようなドルを使い始めるべきです。..

私の次の春季トレーニングゲームで、私は、実際の盗塁された基地で、1-4で行きました! オーケー、それは高く投げられました、そしてそれはセンターに入りました、しかしあなたはこの辺りの盗塁された基地を欲しなかったとして私を非難することができません! とにかく、私は2008年のシーズンを始めるためにマイナーリーグにいます。 おおまあ、私は私が仕事を必要とすると思います。

2日後に、チームのミーティングで、私は寄付リストを見て、そして私がホームラン毎に5000ドルを寄付しているであろうと言いました。 がらくたがそうであるものそれ ? コーチは彼が偶然に契約にもう1つの何も入れなかったと言いました。 なんというばか者であることでしょう。 少なくとも私は年、私が私がそれを打つつもりではないことを知っているから1年に多くのホームランの初めにメジャーリーグにいなくてもよいです。

春の残りの間に、私は私の競技スピードを実践して、そして Cincinatti …に対する我々の最初のAAAゲームの前にそれをぐっと近づいてBにもっていきました

(Spring Training Games

In my first game against the Chicago Cubs in the Cactus League, I got penciled in as a starter. The manager says that in order to make the big club, I have to get 2 hits in each of the 4 exhibition games. That is really tough.

I was in the 6th spot in the order today. My first at-bat was in the bottom of the 2nd, with a runner on first base and one out, facing off against Jason Marquis. I worked the count to 2-0 before he gave me something to hit, and I hit it a bit foul down into LF. The next pitch was fouled off my foot, but the next pitch was a…slider, I think, and I grounded that one into the outfield for a base hit. One down, one to go.

My next at-bat was in the bottom of the 4th, with no one on and 2 out, facing Carmen Pignatiello. What a name that is. We apparently scored on a HR by Connor Jackson with one out, so that was cool. The first pitch I grounded up the middle for a base hit. Afterwards, I decide to try to steal second base. Bad idea. I got caught in a rundown to end the inning, but at least I got my required 2 hits.

In my at-bat in the bottom of the 7th, the first pitch I saw from Carlos Marmol I jacked to left, but sadly it was off the wall. So close to a home run, and all I got was a single. Darn. I decide to try again with stealing a base, but Justin Upton hit it to right field. At least he advanced me a little bit. I guess an unintentional hit-and-run couldn’t hurt. We scored 2 on that play.

After I got on in the 8th after I beat out a double play, I try for a third time on stealing a base. Let’s just say I should wait until I’m a B at run speed to even think about trying to steal anymore, but I was close to stealing that base. So, I ended the day 3-4 with 3 singles. Not bad for a Spring Training debut. Our team won 4-1.

After the game, I decide to play a little bit of chess, my favorite hobby, with my agent, Matthew. He’s really good, and I lost to him. Darn.

The next day, my coach came to me and asked if I’d like to contribute to society. I said sure, and asked to donate 40,395 yen for each HR I hit. Pretty reasonable, given my 31,508,322 yen salary and having only 2,342,926 yen in the bank. You know what, since I’m somewhat in America now, I should start using the dollar, like everyone else...

In my next Spring Training game, I went 1-4, with an actual stolen base! Ok, it was thrown high, and it went into center field, but you can’t blame me for not wanting a stolen base in these parts! Anyway, I’m in the minor leagues to start the 2008 season. Oh well, I guess I need the work.

A couple days later, at a team meeting, I saw the donation list, and said that I would be donating $5000 per home run. What the crap is that? The coach said that he accidentally put another rzero in the contract. What an idiot. At least I don’t have to be in the majors at the beginning of the year, because I know I’m not gonna hit that many homers per year.

Over the course of the remainder of Spring, I practiced my run speed, and got it up a smidge close to a B before our first AAA game against Cincinatti…)

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:10 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
Uh... dish? The "ikeike" in "ikeikena" means "bitch"

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:11 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry...blame the translation site I use.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:22 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

2008年3月 / 4月

2008年のシーズンのスタートはダイアモンドバックスのためにAAAで私を持っています、なぜなら私は2本のヒットをそれだけで困難な仕事であったすべてのゲームに入れることができたわけではありませんから。

私の Cincinatti に対する第1ゲームで、私は私がAAAにいるはずではありません、そして私がメジャーリーグにいるべきであることを証明しようとしました。 私は私の第1ゲームのために第3番目のスロットで打者になります、しかし私はそれがすぐに周りに乗り換えるであろうことを知っています。

私は0-0のタイで終わった我々の第1ゲームで2-4で行きました。 オークリーはそれから私のところにやって来て、そして私が我々の賭けを覚えていたかどうか尋ねました。 もちろん、私は、彼が忘れるであろうことを希望して、48時間の規則を試みました、しかし、嘆かわしいことに、彼はそうしませんでした。 そして、それで、私はオークリーに1000ドルを断念しなければなりませんでした。 ため息をついてください。

私の我々の第2番目のゲームの前の最後の練習で、私は最終的に私の点スピードをBまでもっていきました! 今私は希望を抱いて若干のベースを盗塁することができます。

私の第2番目のゲームの私の最初の打席で、私はすぐにフィールドを真中に置くために1時間に打撃を与えました! チェンジアップ、イェィ! 舞踏会は390フィート進みました。 私の次の打席で、私はシングルを続けて、それから2番目と3番目を盗むことを次に行ないました! 私はそれほど熟達しているように感じます! 我々は、4-0でそのゲームで勝ちました、そして我々のチームは結合されたノーヒットをしました!! 私はゲームで3-5で行きました。

ちょうど今、そのゲームの後に、大きいクラブは0-2です、そしてAAAは1-0の - です1.私は私がそこに来ることができることを希望します、そしてこのチームに火花を与えてください(そして公園時間多分内側? それはアリゾナ…で可能です)

とにかく、4月の月はまだAAA、バッティングで私で終わりました。3時間を使っての327、8つのRBIと7 SB 。 どうか私はまもなく召集を受けとることができますか?

(March/April 2008

The start of the 2008 season has me in AAA for the Diamondbacks, because I couldn’t get 2 hits in every game, which in itself was a daunting task.

In my first game against Cincinatti, I was out to prove that I’m not supposed to be in AAA, and that I should be in the major leagues. I bat in the 3rd slot for my first game, but I know that it’ll switch around soon enough.

I went 2-4 in our first game, which ended in a 0-0 tie. Oakley then came up to me and asked if I remembered our bet. Of course, I tried the 48 hour rule, hoping he’d forget, but, sadly, he didn’t. And, so, I had to give up $1000 to Oakley. Sigh.

In my last practice before our 2nd game, I finally got my run speed up to a B! Now I can hopefully steal some bases.

In my first at-bat of my 2nd game, I hit a HR to straightaway center field! Yay for changeups! The ball traveled 390 feet. In my next at-bat, I got on with a single, then proceeded to steal second AND third! I feel so accomplished! We won that game, 4-0, and our team had a combined no-hitter!! I went 3-5 in the game.

Right now, after that game, the big club is 0-2, and AAA is 1-0-1. I hope I can come up there and give this team a spark (and maybe an inside the park HR? It is possible in Arizona…)

Anyways, the month of April ended with me still in AAA, batting .327 with 3 HR, 8 RBI, and 7 SB. Can I get a call-up soon, please?)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Nice, sounds like he's doing well in AAA. I'm rooting for an inside the park homer. :razz:

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
If you want to boost speed quickly, just steal every time. Mash whatever the Wii steal button is over and over (water spider anyone?), and with a B speed, I highly doubt any AAA catchers will throw you out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
lanceberkman wrote:
If you want to boost speed quickly, just steal every time. Mash whatever the Wii steal button is over and over (water spider anyone?), and with a B speed, I highly doubt any AAA catchers will throw you out.

If you steal alot, also make sure to reduce fatigue a ton as well. Stealing adds to fatigue.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
dish, you're spelling "Cincinnati" wrong.

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Really? Huh...didn't know how that was spelled.

I'll make sure to spell it right next time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:35 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

2008年5月

私は5月の月まだマイナーリーグにいるようにスタートしました。 少しパワー実行をしました、しかし私は年末までに政権を握っているDに達するべきです。

その月の第1ゲームはメッツ AAA に対してでした。 私が見る最初のピッチは、私はキャッチャーにさっと取り出します。 Augh 。 私はゲームで0-3で行くことになります。 少なくとも大きいクラブは、記録を12の - に改善して、2-1で勝ちました17.けれどもまだ、それは、スプリントではなく、マラソンです。

私の5月の最初のヒットはセンター左寄りにシングルヒットで実際にメッツに対する第3ゲームまでではありませんでした。 私は大きい変動が私のものではないと思いますか? Eh は、私は知りません。 私が上にランナーとのゲームを終わらせる2番目に向かって内側を覆ったように、我々は(彼・それ)らとタイになることになりました。

我々の次のシリーズはフィリーズ AAA に対してでした。 我々は、その間じゅうずっとチェスでマシューを負かそうとすることに失敗して、最初のゲーム4から3、無得点の、そして最後のゲームのタイにされた第2と第3ゲームで勝ちました。

カブズ AAA に対しての次のシリーズで、私は私がシリーズの第1ゲームのために先頭場所にいることを知って驚きました。 もちろん、それは長い間ではないでしょう。 もちろん、(彼・それ)らが次のゲームのために私を第3番目に落とした(とき・から・につれて・ように)、私は正しかったです。

5月26日に、私が打者になるという状態で。306  5つの HRs で、私は最終的に大リーグに到着しました。 言うまでもなく、私は非常に瞬間に巻き込まれたので、私はまだ大リーグでヒットを持ちません。 けれども私は希望を抱いてまもなく若干のプレー時間を手に入れるでしょう。 チェースにおいて若干の就学・就職前の若者をぶつ時間!!!

ええ、メジャーチームは、28-28のレコードで、現在NLウエストでの第2番目の位置にいます第1番目の場所・ドジャースの後ろの2.5ゲーム。 私は我々が6月の…に率いるようにこの部門レースがどのように結末になるか見るのを待つことができません

(May 2008

I started out the month of May still in the minor leagues. Did a little power practice, but I should make it to a D in power by the end of the year.

First game of the month was against the Mets AAA. First pitch I see, I pop out to the catcher. Augh. I end up going 0-3 in the game. At least the big club won 2-1, improving the record to 12-17. But still, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.

My first hit of May actually wasn’t until the third game against the Mets with a single to left-center. I guess big swing isn’t my thing? Eh, I don’t know. We ended up tying them, as I lined out to second to end the game with a runner on.

Our next series was against the Phillies AAA. We won the first game 4 to 3, scoreless the 2nd AND 3rd game, and tied the last game, all the while failing at trying to beat Matthew in chess.

In the next series against the Cubs AAA, I was surprised to learn that I’m in the leadoff spot for the first game of the series. Of course, it won’t be for long. Of course, I was right, as they dropped me to 3rd for the next game.

On May 26th, with me batting .306 with 5 HRs, I finally got to the big leagues. Needless to say, I was so caught up in the moment, I still don’t have a hit in the big leagues. But I hopefully will get some playing time soon. Time to hit some gapers at Chase!!!

Oh yeah, the majors team is currently in 2nd place in the NL West, with a 28-28 record, 2.5 games behind the 1st place Dodgers. I can’t wait to see how this division race turns out as we head to June…)