MLB Power Pros Forum
http://mlbppworld.com/

Why?
http://mlbppworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10535
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Marvinisking [ Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Why?

Why is it all in Japanese text at least make an option that allows you to make the text boxes translate the words in English. I have never played the game before

Author:  AgentP [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why?

The game was manufactured solely for a Japanese audience, there really wasn't any reason for them to put any English at all since they probably didn't realize a decent amount of English-speaking people would import the game.

Author:  Marvinisking [ Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why?

AgentP wrote:
The game was manufactured solely for a Japanese audience, there really wasn't any reason for them to put any English at all since they probably didn't realize a decent amount of English-speaking people would import the game.

that makes the most sense anyone has ever said on this forum

Author:  AgentP [ Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why?

Marvinisking wrote:
AgentP wrote:
The game was manufactured solely for a Japanese audience, there really wasn't any reason for them to put any English at all since they probably didn't realize a decent amount of English-speaking people would import the game.

that makes the most sense anyone has ever said on this forum

that's what I'm here for, positive contributions only

Author:  Comfortably Lomb [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why?

I don't think it would be hard/costly to add English translations but I just can't believe there is much of a market for this game in the west. I would buy it but how many others? Dozens? Hundreds? I think the MLB version in 2007/08 only sold like 30k copies.

Author:  Powerprosfan31 [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why?

It would be incredibly tedious for them to add, also there's really no point. The western audience is very small, unfortunately...

I feel as if this forum is really the last bastion of Western Pawapuro support

Author:  Comfortably Lomb [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why?

Powerprosfan31 wrote:
It would be incredibly tedious for them to add, also there's really no point. The western audience is very small, unfortunately...

I feel as if this forum is really the last bastion of Western Pawapuro support


Right, at this point it's a decade old game on a system that is 2 generations removed from current gen. It's like being really into Ken Griffey's SNES game when the rest of the world is playing MVP 2005. I do still love it though... it plays a good game of baseball.

Author:  Powerprosfan31 [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why?

It's a crazy solid game. It's a shame it got shafted by 2K

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/