Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Pawapuro 2012 Coming Out in July
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4PWiq6n7mk

Here is the opening movie. The official release date is July 19, 2012. It's for the PS3, PSP, and PSVita. Anyone here thinking of getting it?

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

Post subject: Re: Pawapuro 2012 Coming Out in July
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:19 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Definitely!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '08: Wii and DS
I wish. That game will be sick.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I will be getting it!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:36 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I don't know if you know this, but I like to search the actual players in the intro videos to these games. Here's who I came up with:

-Chiba Lotte Marines: Yuki Karakawa (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=karaka001yuk) at only 21, he is their staff ace, posting a 12-6 record for the Marines in 2011, with a 2.41 ERA.

-Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles: Masahiro Tanaka (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=tanaka003mas) Another youngster/staff ace, he has been in these intros (I know he was also in the intro for 14 (?)) for the longest time. Went 19-5 last season with a microscopic 1.27 ERA. Think of him as a right-handed Cliff Lee (when he's ON, of course.)

-ORIX Buffaloes: Takahiro Okada (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=okada-001tak) The first batter in the intro. From the stats, he's like a Ryan Howard: hits for power, not for average, except not as many HRs as Howard. Hit .260 with 16 HRs and 85 RBIs last season, after hitting .280 with 33 HRs and 96 RBIs in 2010.

-Seibu Lions: Hideaki Wakui (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=wakui-001hid) Based on last year's stats, the only MLB equivalent I can think of is Felix Hernandez: Good pitcher on a .500 team at best. Maybe not the best example, seeing his stats prior to 2011, but the staff ace of the Lions went 9-12 last year with a 2.93 ERA.

-Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters: Toss-up between Yuki Saito (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=saito-000yuk) and Ryo Sakakibara (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=sakaki001ryo). Both pitchers look like relievers to me, based on their stats, though I do give the edge in this battle to Saito, but you be the judge.

-Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks: Absolutely no clue.

-Yokohama DeNa BayStars: Takehiro Ishikawa (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=ishika001tak) When you see this player's stats, think of a younger version of Omar Vizquel. Tons of glove, but a career batting average of .256.

-Hiroshima Toyo Carp: Kenta Maeda (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=maeda-001ken) Forget what I said about Wakui being Felix Hernandez. THIS guy is THE Felix Hernandez of NPB. Had a 10-12 season in 2011, but a sparkling 2.46 ERA. Also averaged 8.0 K/9 last season.

-Hanshin Tigers: Takashi Toritani (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=torita001tak) Solid .280-.300 hitter year-in and year-out. Doesn't get you much in terms of power (though those 20 HRs in 09 look appealing), but can steal you a few bases. Think of an infield version of Austin Jackson, only with much, much, less in terms of strikeouts (his K/BB ratio was 0.92 in 2011, or 72/78).

-Yomiuri Giants: Hayato Sakamoto (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=sakamo001hay) VERY similar in statistics to Okada last year (.262/16/59), but strikes out a lot.

-Tokyo Yakult Swallows: Yoshinori Sato (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=sato--002yos) Holy frijoles, just how many young people can they put in this intro? At 21, went 7-6 last year with a 2.86 ERA. Hasn't pitched yet in 2012, which makes me think he may be injured, but don't quote me on that.

-Chunichi Dragons: Takuya Asao (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=asao--001tak) Wow. Just...wow. Finished 52 games last year for Chunichi, and gave up only 5 runs ALL YEAR. That equates to a 0.41 ERA. Can you say Eric Gagne during "the streak"? (OK, yeah, he had only 10 saves last year, but that ERA is stinkin' incredible.)

That's what my research came up with. Errors, omissions, let me know.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

You're spot on for all of them, and for the Fighters, it's Yuki Saito, who went 6-6 with an ERA of 2.69 last season, he's a starter.

And for the Hawks, I would guess it to be Yuichi Honda, a speedy infielder who had 60 stolen bases last year.

I use this site: http://www.npb.or.jp/eng/ for all my Japanese baseball stuff

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Tanaka is beastly... What I will never get though is why they always use the company names their owned by instead of the city, the Yokohama DeNa baystars? Why not just the Yokohama Baystars? It would be awfully weird if we did the same thing here.. The Atlanta Turner Brodcasting Service Braves? lol

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:31 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Because in Japanese baseball, the teams are owned by corporations, because the league has had money problems for a while.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:07 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Mariners
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Go Wladimir Balentien!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Alright, the Official Site has released a bunch of information, so I'm going to try to translate as much as I can. At the home page, there are three main options to choose (the 3rd is grayed out). The first seems to be...

Overall Rundown of the Game
Not sure what the first set of screenshots is, but the second set seems to say that there will be roster updates through wi-fi. The next set down seems to be talking about customizable camera angles, especially in replay mode, and just below that it shows off the close-up camera for big plays. Next, there's a little bit about online mode. Seems like there are player profiles that display before the game that show your and your opponent's online stats.
Next, it talks about some more of the modes. First is Pennant, but I'll go into that more in a separate section. Scrolling down, we have good old Success Mode. The story this time around is in college, and your 3 playable teams are Powerful University, Mantsuman University of Education, and Saikyo University. Just below the pictures of the teams, we can see that both the Sucsuccess board game and the Power Farm feature from 2011 are back. After Success is My Life, which seems to be completely revamped, especially with interactions between other players and characters (they now act more like Success Mode and seem to have more personality). Finally, there's a new one called "PowerStar," which will get its own section in this report.

Back to those 3 links from the beginning, the 2nd one brings us to A List of Modes with links to each one with more information. There are only 4 available now, so I'll go over each of them individually.

Versus Mode
The first screenshot we see of Versus Mode is the main menu, with the 1-Player, 2-Player, and Watch options. In the screen right next to that, it seems to be talking about a new kind of straight pitch, but I can't make out the name or effect of it. Below that, it talks about the Close-Up System. The screenshots only show the dramatic camera angles whenever there's a Turning Point, Attack Point, or Defense Point. I don't remember what these features do, but I think they were added in 2009. Can anyone here who played the Japanese games help explain please? The third and final set of screens is kind of hard to decipher, but it's talking about an option called "Oat"(?). It has something to do with the batting cursor locking onto the pitch, but I don't know if it would do this automatically, making it easier, or forces you to be more accurate, making it harder.

Pennant Mode
We know this as Season Mode in America. The first things we see are the newly revamped (and awesome-looking) menu, as well as a reminder that we can import Success players into Season Mode. Scrolling down, I honestly can't read any of the text or figure out what that screenshot on the left means. However, the other screenshot looks like some kind of international scouting system where you can scout from other leagues around the world. It looks like you can unlock the ability to scout from Europe, Africa, China, Korea, Australia, America, Mexico, the Dominican, and some mystery league (or maybe just a random league). Below, there seems to be some information on various functions in Season Mode. You can use the schedule to skip straight to a Climax Series (likely against a rival team or a team you're fighting with for a playoff spot), and you can also have the computer determine the best lineup and rotation for you automatically. Next is information about the offseason. The first screenshot seems to be scouting a prospect, and it seems to give more information than in the American games. Then there's a screenshot of free agent signing. I think the symbols listed under the teams' logos and next to the players' names show the interest level that each player has in each team. Scrolling down, the next block of information looks like it's telling how fan happiness will factor into the amount of money you make. It may also be talking about setting up promotions, but I'm not sure. Finally, there's the Album, which will display a little award for every significant event that you accomplish.

PowerStar
Alright, this new mode is a big one. This is a new online mode that allows you to create a DREAM TEAM OF SUCCESS PLAYERS FROM EVERY POWER PROS GAME. These are not created players, but the players from the story. You can see a lot of them in the opening movies for Pawapuro 8-14 or in PPFan31's playthroughs of 2011 on YouTube. It seems you can recruit players either by earning credits by playing PowerStar games online, linking between the PSVita and PS3, or entering a serial code (probably means you would buy cards in a store). Once you have your team, you can go online and face other players' dream teams head-to-head. However, I'm not sure if these would be actual versus-mode-style games or just a simulation. Playing games will make your players stronger by leveling them up like an RPG. Scrolling down, we see screenshots of a new menu with robot characters called "Power Getters." The first option looks like a system that can get you a random card/cards or other rewards. The second looks like it gives you tickets to purchase cards and items with in the shop. Unfortunately, I have no idea how these systems work. The next set of screenshots seems to be a weird feature. You can "feed" one card into another in order to level it up. At least that's what it looks like to me. Next, we have something called "Link Items." Link Items are gained by playing through PowerStar mode. Once you get them, they can be transferred into Success, Pennant, or My Life to use. The 3 screenshots below show how they appear in each mode. Pennant and My Life simply add the items to your inventory, but it seems Success Mode will only let you bring in a Link Item at the start of a game.

Practice Mode
Finally, there's practice mode. Instead of going through each block of information one-by-one, I'll just give a quick rundown. Other than the old features that have always been there, the pitching and batting scout tests from Success Mode are now available in Practice Mode to play whenever you want. Also, there's a new feature that lets you set up a specific situation and run a simulation of it.

Okay, that's just about everything that I can interpret. I'll try to bring you guys more information as the site updates.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Wow. PowerStar sounds cool. I wish this was in the US... :(

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:02 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I can't wait for this game!

Oh, and about the Attack Point, Turning Point and Defense Point things are certain situations, where, if you are successful, everyone on your team gets the pink, bouncy face, which is a step up from the normal pink face, and greatly increases everyone's stats. It only occurs when your team is up at bat though.

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:20 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Sorry about the double post, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hNjm1WYBU&feature=youtu.be

Just a promotional video for it, and it looks great!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:33 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Official Site has some new info up on Data and Arrange Mode. Doesn't look like much new. I think there's something new in Data that lets you listen to BGM, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:38 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Don't Own
I should have it Monday for the Vita. First time playing and I'll need some help with translations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next