Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The (K)New(er) Knights | The Asuka Archers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:06 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
April 1, 2036

18:50

“...Moving on, up next we’ve got someone that I, stupidly, got rid of after 3 years. Despite only spending 4 of his 20 years in Kyoto, his presence was undoubtedly strong. His incredible physical strength along with his incredible bat control landed this stud atop many leaderboards, and his move to the Hawks only made him better. Plus, even though he only played a handful of games at first base, he showed off his glove plenty. Join me in welcoming your DH of 4 very strong years, number forty nine, Takuyaaaa Kanaaazawaaaa!”

Kanazawa trudged up to the stage and took the mic reluctantly.

“W… Why am I getting one, Jack? Everyone else here has done so much more than I have for the team. I… What did I do to deserve this?” Kanazawa turned directly to Jack. It was true, though, Kanazawa wasn’t on the team for very long, though he definitely was a super important part of it, nonetheless. He and Kurihara were the most feared 3-4 combo in the league.

“Come on, now, Kanazawa. What’re you talking about? Even though you were only here for a short while, you deserve this just as much as everyone else. Your bat struck fear in the heart of the opposition, plus you were always so kind to the team and the city. Takuya… You deserve this.”

“I don… Thank you, Allen. Thank you for the opportunity to play, and thank you for giving me a chance.”

“Of course, Takuya.”

KANAZAWA
AGE, YEARS PRO, GAMES PLAYED, HITS, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI
38, 20 years, 2704 games, 3134 hits, .313, 522 doubles, 41 triples, 801 HR, 2328 RBI
(5th most career homeruns all time, 6th most career RBI all time)

Kanazawa walked back to his chair and was patted on the back by Shimozono who was sat to the right of him.

“Next up,” Jack reclaimed the mic, “I’d like to call someone who left us in his prime, opting to go to the Giants in 2024, this catcher/outfielder hybrid proved something fierce. He completely destroyed the scouting report of ‘maybe he’ll bat .250 with a half dozen homeruns, don’t expect much else.’ Akitaka Shimozono ended up batting above .300 in more than half of his playing years, and come 2018, he averaged about 35 homeruns a season. So, yeah, I would say we got that one wrong, hahaha. Even though he left us, let’s give a nice welcome back to your stonewall catcher of ten years, number fifty three, Akitakaaaa Shimooozonoooo!”

Shimozono walked up with a huge smile on his face and a jolly gait. He took the microphone, “It’s great to be back here in Kyoto. The fresh cut grass, the outside air… It’s just something you can’t get in a dome. I wish I didn’t have to leave, but…” He turned to Jack, “there were such promising catchers here. I didn’t want to take their chance of making it big! The Giants reached out to me, saying they were in dire need of help, and… And of course I obliged, I had to. The kids that we had here, they were truly incredible. I didn’t want to be selfish and steal their chance away… I hope that… I hope that you can forgive me for leaving.” The crowd broke out in cheer once again, “Thank you everyone.”

W/ KNIGHTS
YEARS, GAMES PLAYED, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI
10 years, 1335 games played, .318, 326 doubles, 32 triples, 254 HR, 1009 RBI

Shimozono took his “53” plaque from Jack and took his seat.

“Alright.” Jack took the mic, “Last and most certainly not least, we’ve got the strangely numbered relief man, Yoshio Fujii. He revolutionized the set-up role, making it his mission to hand the ball to our closer with the lead still in tact. Now, of course, that’s not all he did. He filled whatever role was asked of him, even ending up as a starter for a few seasons. Now, if you could please welcome to the stage, number ninety one, Yoshiooooo Fujiiiiiiii!”

Fujii walked up, taking proud steps.

He moved his mouth to the mic, “Thanks, Jack. I really appreciate all that you have done for me and for my family. We wouldn’t be anywhere good if it weren’t for you. You had faith in me when no one else did. I really hope I was able to prove all the neysayers wrong.”
Jack laughed heartily, “you definitely did.”

He handed him his “91” plaque and he walked back to his seat.

FUJII
AGE, YEARS PRO, ERA, INNINGS, STRIKEOUTS, WINS-LOSES, SAVES
38, 20 years, 3.15, 1719.1 IP, 1446 strikeouts, 147 wins-38 loses, 87 saves

Jack wiped his eyes, “What a beautiful thing…” He stepped away from the mic to take a breath. “I’d like to thank you all for the warm welcome back. It was really something… My travels in Japan. Had it not been for that murder charge… Who knows what would’ve happened. Kyoto, all you players, Mr. Kanegi… Hideo… Keep everyone in line… Make sure that Kyoto will be a baseball powerhouse for years to come. Make sure that baseball shall forever reign supreme! And most of all, make sure that you maintain your love for baseball. Always remember why you play, or why you manage, or why you watch. Baseball isn’t just some sport… No. It’s life. Baseball is life.
…Thank you for everything, Kyoto. You’ve been great to me. Thank you!” Jack gave a big wave, grabbed the black bags that were on the stage that held all the plaques, and walked off to an enormous cheer. The Knights’ fan song then started playing from our resident drummers set up in the right-center field patio. Balloons were launched. Fireworks were set off. It was all pretty surreal.

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:12 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
But we'll never know how good Shimozono did for San Fran!

Nah, just kidding. Well done again tweav, being able to visualize that ceremony is a sign that you've still got that great writing acumen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:16 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
1,008 home runs for Kurihara. Goddamn. Barry Bonds shrivels in comparison.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2036

19:18

“Ah! Mr. Allen!” I yelled to get Jack’s attention before he entered his old office, which was now Laisei’s. He turned around.

...And said nothing.

“Wait a second…” He rubbed his now slightly bearded chin, “I feel like I’ve seen you before.”
“We’ve met only once before, Mr. All-”
“Jack.”
“Er, right, Jack. Yeah, we’ve only met once before.”
“And when was that?”
“You greeted me personally at the first ballgame I ever went to.”
“Oh my god! Azuma?! Ryu Azuma?! Well, goddamn, you’re all grown up. Jesus, last time I saw you, you were what? 12?”
“Yeah.”
“Man. How the years have flew by. What’re you doing here, kiddo?”
“I’m the manager of the new second string Knights affiliate, the Asuka Archers.”
“Ho-ly crap, Laisei finally got that going? He’s been talking about that for years, haha. Seems you’re big time now, huh?”
“Heh, not yet. I’ve only managed for a year now, and I still haven’t reached my goal of making it to the pros.”
“How’d you guys do?”
“A first place finish. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.”
“Wow. That’s pretty impressive.” Jack checked his watch, “Listen, Ryu, it’s been awesome seeing you again, and all grown up, haha. I’m sure you’ll make an excellent manager someday. No, I know you will. Leading a team to a first place finish in your first year is no small feat, regardless of the level of play. I gotta say, I’m proud of you.”
“...Thanks, Jack… It means a lot, especially coming from one of the best.”
“Hahaha, I wouldn’t call myself that. Hey,” Jack outstretched his hand, “may we meet again.”

I shook his hand, “Absolutely.”

Jack checked out the (non-existent) changes Laisei made to his office, waved to me one more time, and rushed out the secret back door, avoiding all the press folks waiting out front.

My name is Ryu Azuma, and I’m the manager of the Kyoto Knight’s second string affiliate, the Asuka Archers.

After high school, I came to the tough realization that I wasn’t cut out to fulfill my dream of playing baseball professionally. But after some deep thinking, I changed my life’s mission. I will become an NPB manager, and I will guide my team to a Championship Banner. I may only be a greenhorn manager of a minor league team right now, but I’ve still got plenty of time. One must never lose sight of their dream, and I sure as hell won’t!

“...uh, Ryu? What are you doing?”

Laisei tapped my shoulder.
…It seemed that I was in a pose with my arm stretched upwards.
“Oh, uh, n-nothing, s-sir.”
He gave me a quizzical look, “...Rrrright, okay. Hey, the game’s starting soon, you’d better get to your seat if you don’t want to miss anything.”
“Oh, shoot!” I really need to keep better track of time...

The Knights are playing an absolute embarrassment of a team for their opener, the Osaka Foxes, who are fairly new, being instated 11 years ago after the big NPB overhaul. The one which completely removed the Fighters and the Swallows, while replacing the BayStars, Tigers, Buffaloes and Hawks with the Sendai Sakura, Niigata Toki, Osaka Foxes, and Fukushima Bears, respectively.

The Foxes haven’t fared so well… Burning through 5 managers in their 11 years. Plus, their star player Shinpei Sato severely injured his leg in a collision with their right fielder, Tadahiko Suzuki, otherwise known as “The Least Liked Player in the League,” in 2034. He still hasn’t recovered. On the plus side, though, they have a promising third baseman in his second year, Taiji Izumi, and an excellent shortstop in Tomochika Kobayashi. Maybe someday the Foxes will be able to turn things around…

Oh well, the Knights are back baby, and they’re as ready as ever!

---

philliesfan134 wrote:
But we'll never know how good Shimozono did for San Fran!

Nah, just kidding. Well done again tweav, being able to visualize that ceremony is a sign that you've still got that great writing acumen.

d'aww thank you, Nicky :}

and look at'chu using big boy words :}}}

Paul McCartney15 wrote:
1,008 home runs for Kurihara. Goddamn. Barry Bonds shrivels in comparison.

yeah, when I saw that, I was pretty astonished

Money can't buy life

Last edited by Powerprosfan31 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Hey don't push it, I've always been an intellectual with excellent vocabulary and hands that weave writing masterpieces.

jk, I love using big words and synonyms to make writing more interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:02 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2036

The Knights will be taking on the Osaka Foxes for their first game this season. They were one of the expansion teams put in place after the “NPB Overhaul” in 2026. They’re… not the best team in the Pacific League, to put it kindly. They had a couple solid years, but they’re usually down in the basement. They do have some promising youngblood, though. The Knigths should have no trouble.

0|0|0|0|0|0|0|1|0 1|09|2 Foxes (0-1-0)
1|0|0|0|0|0|8|0|x 9|18|0 Knights (1-0-0)

Foxes:

Lineup:
1. Yamato Hoshi - LF (0-4, 4 K)
2. Tabito Iijima - 2B (1-3, BB)
3. Tomochika Kobayashi - SS (2-3, 3B, 1 RBI [1])
4. Tadahiko Suzuki - DH (0-3, 2 K)
5. Masaya Nishizawa - CF (1-3)
6. Yoshi Imanami - C (0-3, K)
7. Meiya Tsukada - 1B (0-3, 2 K)
8. Kazuki Abe - RF (3-3, 2B)
9. Taiji Izumi - 3B (2-3, K)

Pitcher(s):
Junichi Mishima (6.1 IP, 8 R, 4 ER, 3 BB)
Ryo Iwasaki (0.2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER)
Shion Ohhara (1 IP, 0 R, 1 K)

Knights:

Lineup:
1. Jun-Seo Ji - 2B (1-6, ROE)
2. Takeshi Inoue - RF (1-4, 2 BB)
3. Hiroyuki Fujioka - LF (4-6, 2 HR [1, 2], 5 RBI [1, 2, 3, 4, 5])
4. Takuji Ootake - DH (1-6, HR [1], 4 RBI [1, 2, 3, 4])
5. Ken Saitoh - C (3-6, 3 2B)
6. Kinji Oka - 1B (1-6, ROE)
7. Saita Oyama - SS (2-5, BB)
8. Yuichiro Tajima - 3B (3-6, 2B, SB)
9. Tabito Chiba - CF (2-6, 2B, 3 SB)

Pitcher(s):
Hiroshi Kujikawa (CG, 1 R, 1 ER, 10 K, 1 BB)

WP: Hiroshi Kujikawa (1-0)
LP: Junichi Mishima (0-1)
S: --

MVP(s):
Takuji Ootake: His grand slam in the 7th began the Knights’ rally
Hiroshi Kujikawa: He pitched a gem to open the Knights’ season on a high note

As expected, the Knights routed the Foxes. Kujikawa turned in a fantastic performance, and Ootake really blew open the door in the 7th with his grand slam. They ended up batting around and Fujioka hit one of his own.

Kobayashi hit an RBI triple in the 6th for the Foxes only run.

What a game to watch!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:21 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Hm, maybe the Foxes will get some good draft picks. You could also send them some PPJ pet projects to help out?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:15 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Argh, so are you playing as the Knights or Archers? :lol:

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rangers
I think as the Archers, after reading this log.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:30 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 5, 2036

11:38

I looked at the Machiya home in front of me. I checked my phone one more time.
“This should be it.”
I knocked on the door.
“Who is it?” A voice responded from behind.
“Hey Kenma.”
“Ryu?!” The door creaked open and I was met with my brother’s smiling face and the smell of curry. “Come on in!”

It’s been about a year since I’ve seen my brother Kenma. He’s got eight years on me (making him 38), but we get along very well. I try my best to visit him whenever I’m in Kyoto.

I took off my shoes and dropped my travel bag in the entryway.

“Been a long time, brother.” He said
“Heh, it has.”
“How you been?”
We walked into his living room.
“Good, good. Yeah, it’s a real trip, you know? Managing, I mean.”
“I would imagine. You’ve been talking about this job for years! It’s pretty cool you finally got it.”
“Well… I’m not there yet.”
“Yeah, yeah, I know. ‘NPB is all that matters’ I know. Hahahaha” He motioned to his fridge, “you want anything to drink? I’ve got some Koshihikari left over from the weekend.”
“Huh? Oh, uh, no. I don’t drink anymore.”
“Oh jeez, that’s right. Sorry, man.”
I chuckled, “don’t worry about it.”

I sat on the couch. It was a pretty terrible one, actually. But, it was “only 5000 yen! How could I refuse?” as Kenma would always remind me.
I heard a woman’s voice bellow from the top of the stairs, “is there someone here, Kenma?”
“Yeah,” Kenma yelled from the kitchen, his head in the refrigerator, “Ryu’s here!”
The stairs creaked as she came down. “Ryu!” She said just before taking a fabulous tumble down the last two steps. I couldn’t help but laugh.

It was my sister, Miyuki, the oldest of the Azuma kids. God, she’s what, 39 now? “I see you’re just as graceful at 40, Yuki, hahahaha.” I snarked
She brushed herself off, “39, thank you very much. Besides, is that any way to greet your loving, beautiful sister?”
“Well, you are loving, at least.” Kenma interjected, still in the kitchen.
I let out a big “hah!” Miyuki pouted.
“Oh, shut up you two.”
“Yuki… Don’t make that face at me, you know how it hurts me so…” Kenma mocked
“Shut up! Jeez, it’s a wonder how mother dealt with you two.”
“With harsh words and even harsher lashings.” I said

“Hey, Yuki, you want anything while I’m in here?” Kenma asked
“You still have any of that watermelon?”
“Yeah, just a little bit.”
“I’ll take some of that.”
“Okay. You want some too, Ryu?”
“Sure.” I said, it's been a while since I last had some good watermelon.

He came back in with a small plate of watermelon and a Koshihikari beer can.
“I can’t believe you still like that swill, Kenma.”
“What can I say?” He took a sip, “I’m a man of habit.”

Miyuki took a bite of her watermelon, “so how’s the team doing, Ryu?” she asked, mouth filled
“We made it to the playoffs last year, so… pretty well.”
“Ooh! Congratulations!”
“Yeah, thanks, heh. It’s nice working with the guys, they’re all so motivated. It’s… great to see.”
“Don’t get all emotional on me, Ryu. I just had this cleaned.” Kenma said in between sips.
“Oh really? I legitimately hadn’t noticed.”
Miyuki laughed, but Kenma looked seriously hurt, “It was only 5000 yen, Ryu, how co-”
“Could you have passed it up, I know, hahahaha”

We chatted for a while and then went out lunch at one of the new restaurants in town. It was, oddly enough, called “Ryu’s.” Pretty good, too.

19:38

“Well, it’s been great seeing you guys again.” I said as I was putting my shoes back on
“Yeah, you too, bro. Come back soon.”
“Definitely. You take care too, Yuki.”
She smiled. “I’ll keep my eyes open for some potential husbands for you in Asuka, heehee.”
“Hardy har har” she hardy har har’d, but in her eyes I could tell that she was begging me to.

“See you guys, love you.”
“Love you too, bro.” Kenma waved
“Love you, Ryu. Take care.”
“See ya.”

I grabbed my bag and headed to the train station to catch my 20:00 train back to Asuka.

“Archers, here I come.”

---

philliesfan134 wrote:
Hm, maybe the Foxes will get some good draft picks. You could also send them some PPJ pet projects to help out?

I'll definitely try to help them out :}

BrewersFuzz wrote:
Argh, so are you playing as the Knights or Archers? :lol:

Archers bby, Ryu was just at the Knights' first game

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:11 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 7, 2036

13:37

So just who the hell are the Archers? Well, last year, the Knights finally had enough players in their employ to start up a second string team. They bought some land in Asuka, a small village that has around 9,000 citizens. It’s named after the Asuka dynasty’s palaces that are all around town (these). The construction laws are very strict, so it’s pretty surprising that they were allowed to build anything at all, let alone a baseball stadium. Considering all the money the Knights organization brought in for Kyoto, I’m sure that they have a lot of influence in Central Japan.

We only play 115 games down here, and last year saw us coming in first, going 73-42.

There’s some NPB-level talent down here in little Asuka, and I’m honored to have been chosen as the team’s inaugural manager. Before this, the highest managerial position I held was for my college team, heehee

“Gah, shoot!” I brought my inner monologue to a quick halt, “I’ve got to get down to the locker room…”

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:39 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 7, 2036

13:52

I walked through the royal blue and white hallway to the locker room door, and even though it was closed, I could hear some commotion.

“GAHHH, Ishikawaaaa!” One voice, Satoshi Kura’s, shone through all the rest.
I heard a rumpus laugh, Ishikawa’s I assumed.

I opened the doors.

Shaving cream.
Everywhere.
What in God’s name…
It seemed that no one noticed me walk in.
Well, no one but Saitoh. He stayed quiet though, legs crossed, and sipped his afternoon tea.

I watched as the chaos unfolded. Ishikawa was chasing Kura and Yoshimi with a can of shaving cream. Poor Shizumi was already covered in the stuff. It was an ugly scene.

Try as I might, though, I couldn’t help but let out a guttural laugh. It must’ve have been quite a loud one, since everyone immediately turned their attention to me. “Oh shi- Azuma! You’re, uh… You’re here early.” Ishikawa said sheepishly. He threw the shaving cream behind him and ended up hitting Saitoh square in the side of the head.

I laughed again, “actually, I’m about 20 minutes late.”
Saitoh took the can to the head in stride and gave me a nod, “Azuma.”
“Saitoh.” I nodded back, “glad to see there’s one sane guy down here.”
“Heh.”

I clapped my hands, “Alright, clean up everyone. Team meeting in five.”
“Yes sir!” Ishikawa saluted and ran into the bathroom. Kura, Yoshimi, and Shimizu weren’t far behind.

Man, I love these guys.

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
I saw you had posted in the Pawapuro forum and thought it was too good to be true. The return of the Knights(-ish, sort of)! :D

are you sure that was shaving cream? ohohoho...

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:17 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 7, 2035

19:43

“Oh, thank you.”
My waitress put the coffee I had ordered in front of my books.
I should look these over before I settle on a lineup.

Archers’ Roster - 2036

Catchers:

Ken Saitoh
AGE, 2ND POSITION, B/T, TRJ, CON, POW, RUN, ARM, FLD, E RES
24, 3B/1B, L/R, 3, D, B, D, B, C, B
He’s the only one with any NPB experience (3 years worth). He broke his arm late last season, so Laisei figured he should have some rehabilitation games down with us for at least a month or so. It’ll be good to have someone help lead.

Tsuyoshi Tsukada
18, OF, L/R, 2, B, G, C, A, D, F
He just got drafted. I don’t know much about the kid, but this is the report I got on him: “He gets on base a lot, but has never hit a homerun in his life.”

First Basemen:

Gingo Yokoi
21, N/A, L/L, 3, F, C, F, F, F, F
He’s purely a power hitter. Plus, he’s got a funny name, heheh

Shinshou Yoshii
28, 3B, R/R, 2, F, F, A, F, A, C
He’s getting up there in age. The only reason he’s still down with us is because he can’t hit for his life. Super nice guy, though.

Second Basemen:

Hironori Nakagawa
17, SS, S/R, 2, D, D, B, C, D, E
He’s the youngest on the team, but he’s also one of the most promising. I’m sensing a long career for this kid. He was just drafted, so we’ll have to see what he can do.

Saki Kawaguchi
25, SS/3B, R/R, 1, C, G, D, D, B, C
He’s our backup infielder.

Third Basemen:

Kaz Murata
22, SS, L/R, 3, B, C, B, C, D, C
He’ll be in the NPB next year, without a doubt. Maybe even midway through this year. I don’t know how the Knights will fit him in, though.

Moriaki Takamachi
AGE, 2ND POSTION, B/T, TRJ, CON, POW, RUN, ARM, FLD, E RES
20, 1B, R/R, 2, B, F, E, A, C, C
I can squeeze him in at first, thankfully. He's a valuable player to have in the lineup. I don't think I've ever heard him speak.

Shortstops

Satoshi Kura
17, 2B, R/R, 3, B, D, C, C, C, D
He’s Taiga Kura’s son. And by god, is he a spitting image of his father. If he didn’t wear glasses, you’d think they were the same person. He’ll definitely be called up sometime this year. He’s a great kid to have in the clubhouse and is as motivated as can be.

Outfielders:

Taiga Shimizu - LF
17, SS, L/R, 2, A, F, B, C, C, C
In yet another connection to Taiga Kura, he shares his namesake with the star shortstop. He’s a great player in his own right, though, and lead his team to a Koshien win when he was only a sophomore. He was drafted right then and there. He’s a little bratty, but underneath, he’s a kind kid.

Takamichi Ishikawa - CF
19, OF/3B, L/R, C, F, A, D, B, B
He’s one hell of a leadoff hitter. Gets fired up real easy. This’ll be his second, and probably last, year. He and I have actually become quite good friends, despite the age difference.

Kouhei Yoshimi - RF
20, OF, S/R, 2, B, E, B, A, C, B
He is the hardest throwing outfielder I have ever seen. Couple that with his ability to get on base and steal the rest, and you’ve got yourself a solid second batter. Like Ishikawa, he’ll probably be leaving us this year. He’s usually the butt of Ishikawa’s jokes.

Makoto Morimoto - CF
26, OF, L/L, 1, F, G, A, B, A, A
One of the worst hitters I’ve ever seen, but by god if he isn’t an amazing fielder. He’s our backup.

--

This is probably my best lineup option

W/ DH
1. Takamichi Ishikawa - CF
2. Kouhei Yoshimi - RF
3. Satoshi Kura - SS
4. Ken Saitoh - C
5. Kaz Murata - 3B
6. Gingo Yokoi - DH
7. Taiga Shimizu - LF
8. Hironori Nakagawa - 2B
9. Moriaki Takamachi - 1B

W/O DH
1. Takamichi Ishikawa - CF
2. Kouhei Yoshimi - RF
3. Satoshi Kura - SS
4. Ken Saitoh - C
5. Kaz Murata - 3B
6. Taiga Shimizu - LF
7. Hironori Nakagawa - 2B
8. Moriaki Takamachi - 1B
9. PITCHER

---

Zumikaku wrote:
I saw you had posted in the Pawapuro forum and thought it was too good to be true. The return of the Knights(-ish, sort of)! :D

are you sure that was shaving cream? ohohoho...

ayyy, Zumiii :}

it's back bby

;wink;

Money can't buy life

Last edited by Powerprosfan31 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 7, 2035

20:05

Pitchers

Starters:

Michinori Kondo
AGE, B/T, TOP SPD, CON, STAM, PITCHES
22, R/R, 150 km/h (93 mph), A, B, curveball - 3, forkball - 2
A virtuoso off the field, Kondo spends his off days practicing violin. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a mid-season call up.

Futoshi Oyokawa
20, L/L, 149 km/h (93 mph), F, B, slider - 4, cutter - 2
He decided in his junior year of college that he wanted to pursue a professional career. He’s an incredibly hard worker.

Genta Kojima
19, R/R, 157 km/h (98 mp), G, A, changeup - 2
He’s got an explosive fastball and… that’s about it. He’s a fan of being very verbose.

Tai Naga
18, L/R, 148 km/h (92 mph), A, C, curveball - 1, changeup - 1, forkball - 1, slider - 1, shuuto - 2
He throws an insane amount of pitches, but none of them are all that great. He’s a typical “Jack-of-all-trades, master of none.”

Iwato Oyanagi
19, R/R, 139 km/h (86 mph), B, C, slider - 3, knuckleball - 5
A rare knuckleballer. His is decent. He’s got a lot of time to work on it, though.

Relievers:

Masayuki Iwada
25, R/R, 140 km/h (87 mph), A, E, slurve - 3, knucklecurve - 2
He acts as the mentor, and also as one of our set-up guys. Wise beyond his years.

Minao Takei
23, L/L, 155 km/h (96 mph), D, F, slider - 4, forkball - 2
He’s our lefty-specialist.

Atsuto Mutou
19, R/R, 154 km/h (96 mph), F, F, knucklecurve - 3, palmball - 3
He doesn’t have great control, and can only pitch about an inning or so, but his stoic expression strikes fear into the opposing team.

Sachiya Yoshioka
18, R/R, 147 km/h (91 mph), C, E, forkball - 6
He can only throw a forkball, but his fastball’s decent. This kid’s got a lot of potential.

Genya Usui
24, L/R, 152 km/h (94 mph), B, F, changeup - 3, curveball - 4
He may be incredibly generic, but he’s a solid set-up man

Closer:

Kinichi Yamamoto
18, R/R, 162 km/h (101 mph), G, F, changeup - 1, slider - 2
He’s got one of the best fastball’s I’ve ever seen. It does this weird spin… A “gyroball,” I think. He’s wild, though. I can’t believe he’s coming straight out of highschool!

This’ll have to do....

Rotation:
1. Michinori Kondo
2. Futoshi Oyokawa
3. Genta Kojima
4. Tai Naga
5. Iwato Oyanagi

Money can't buy life

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next