Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: The New Knights | The Osaka Foxes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:14 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Whoahoho, what is this?

Welp, I've recently gotten back into Pawapuro and feel like its time to get back into the log business. Of course, there already was one of these, buuuut I wasn't a huge fan of it, heehee

SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, I PRESENT THE SECOND COMING OF THE ASUKA ARCHERS LOG (now new and improved)

There's gonna be some (read: a lot of) overlap in the beginning, so y'all are just gonna have to bear wit me for a lil while

ty ily enjoy

--

April 1, 2036

16:47

“They did a good job, huh?” Nomoto said to me as I stood staring out onto the field of Blue Stadium.
“Yeah, they really put up that stage quick.”
The Knights had just finished their 21st season, a third place finish at 80-62-2. To celebrate the completion of their second decade, the owner, Matsuo Kanegi, and the original GM, Jack Allen, are set to return.
I’ve been given the classified knowledge that they plan to retire the numbers that some of the “original Knights” wore.

Nomoto took a bite of his apple and adjusted his glasses, “How’d the first year go, kid?”
“Not bad at all, I’ve got a great bunch of kids down there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of them up with you next year. Ishikawa, Yoshimi and Kura are shining particularly bright."
Nomoto made a grunty noise, “you guys made the playoffs, right?”
“Yep. We got knocked out in the first round, but it was pretty exciting to be there, especially since it was my first season.”
“Hah! I would imagine.”

After a bit of silence, Nomoto put his hands on his knees and slowly stood up.
“Listen, kid, I’m gonna head back to the locker room and catch up with some of the guys.”
“Alright, I’ll see you in an hour or so.”
“See you.”

Nomoto disappeared into the hallway leading to the locker rooms. I grabbed the novel I had brought with me and opened it up.

17:50

I was enthralled by the travels of one Housuke Odoroki, rookie lawyer. It’s the masterful fourth installment of a novel series by Shu Takumi.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, “He’s here.” Nomoto said

I looked at my watch and noticed that an hour had flown by. “Jeesh… I need to keep better track of time.”

I walked out onto the field and grabbed the second seat in the second row of folding chairs. The first row was, naturally, reserved for the players that were going to be honored. Nomoto took a seat to the left of me.

Looking out at the stands made me feel uneasy. “The Archers’ stands are never this full....”
Nomoto let out a guttural laugh, “You get used to it, kid.”
I can’t imagine ever getting used to something like this...

The now completely full stadium erupted in cheers. I looked back at the home dugout to see the players flowing out of it.

Taiga Kura, Koyato Oda, Daisuke Fukuchi, Ataru Hiyama, Xiao Zenigata, Yoshiro Ushida, Kenta Maeda, Sakutarou Makida, Ryo Fujioka, Masato Kurihara, Takuya Kanazawa, Akitaka Shimozono and Yoshio Fujii walked out, in that order. Behind them, though, was…

Jack Allen.

Money can't buy life

Last edited by Powerprosfan31 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The (K)New(er) Knights | The Asuka Archers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:19 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Oh hell yea.

Always hype for a log from the creator of Jack Allen. 8)

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:33 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:06 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Wii and PS2
HYPE

If you need any new players for me to "scout" then give me a shout, I'm looking to get back into the game as well

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

PowerPro Jr wrote:
HYPE

If you need any new players for me to "scout" then give me a shout, I'm looking to get back into the game as well

OOH

please do, yes. I'm in desperate need for some pitchers C:

(And this time, I'll actually use them, heehee)

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:39 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
WHOAHOAHOA CHECK THIS OUT

Very excited ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Oh yes I will have me some of this. :D

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2036

18:00

Allen walked up to the stage that was quickly assembled this afternoon. Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.

He grabbed the mic, “Hello Kyoto! Been a long time since I’ve been here, huh?” The crowd roared.

“Hahaha, regardless… Tonight’s not about me. No, tonight’s about the players. The ‘original’ players. Tonight’s about the guys who made the Knights what they are today. The guys who made us a powerhouse. Tonight we’re going to be celebrating the incredible players that made up the Knights organization at the very beginning… Twenty-two long years ago.”

Laisei Matsubara, our current GM, walked up to the stage and handed Jack two large black bags.

“Thanks, Laisei.” Jack turned back to the microphone, “Of course, it’s an honor just to have all these guys back at Blue Stadium, but… That’s certainly not the only reason they’re here. No way.” Jack pulled a round… thing from the bag. “First off, I’d like to call someone up here.” He looked at what he was holding again. “I’d like to call up one of the more exciting players to watch on and off of the field. I’m proud to have been able to call this man a friend… Your shortstop of nineteen strong years, the ever suave number one, Taigaaaaa Kuraaaaa!”

Kura’s face lit up. He, along with everyone else in the stadium, had no idea what was happening.

“Why’re you calling me up here, Jack?” He asked as he took the stage.
“To give you this.” Allen handed him a round plaque with a grey “1” on it, I couldn’t help but smile.
Kura was dumbfounded.
“YEAAAAAHHHHHH” I could hear Satoshi, his son, cheering from behind me.
“Satoshi!” Nomoto yelled at him.
He quieted down.

“I… Jack… Man....” Kura wiped his eyes, “I… I don’t know what to say.”
“You don’t have to say anything, Taiga.” Jack patted him on the shoulder, “You’re a huge part of why the Knights are still around. This is the least we can do to repay you.”
“I… Thank you, Allen. Thank you so much.”

KURA
AGE, YEARS PRO, GAMES PLAYED, HITS, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI
37, 19 years, 2610 games, 3739 hits, .327, 682 doubles, 84 triples, 506 HR, 2053 RBI
(2nd most hits all time, 5th most doubles all time, 7th most triples)

(Note: Age is their age upon retirement)

Kura took his seat again.

“Next up is his middle infield partner, your second baseman of eighteen years with the impeccable flow, number three, Koyatooo Oooodaaaaaaa!”
Oda, significantly less shocked than Kura was, walked up and grabbed his “3” plaque.
“I’m not gonna cry like my man Kura did, hahaha, but damn, Jack. I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate this. You gave me a chance up here. You taught me how to play second base, and even though I was some punk kid, you had absolute faith in me. If it weren’t for you… I… I have no idea where I’d be right now. So… Thank you, and,” he turned to the crowd, “thank you, Kyoto! You’re really the best fans anyone could ask for!”

They, naturally, erupted in cheer.

ODA
37, 18 years, 2518 games, 3715 hits, .345, 744 doubles, 78 triples, 499 HR, 2083 RBI
(2nd best batting average of all time upon retiring, 10th most RBI all time, 3rd most hits all time, most doubles all time upon retiring)

Oda took his seat again, and Jack took up the mic, “next up is a very special man. He led a ragtag bunch of kids to a championship from inside the locker room. He was the bridge between the front office and the players. Of course, I’m talking about your second baseman, CAPTAIN, AND CURRENT MANAGER, number 4, HIDEOOOO NOMOTOOOO!”

NOMOTO
37, 21 years, 2442 games, 2014 hits, .251, 444 doubles, 27 triples, 107 HR, 522 RBI

Nomoto had no idea that he would be included in the ceremony. He only started for the Knights, so it’s natural that he was a bit confused.

“M-me…?”
“Come on up here, Nomoto!”

Jack pulled out a plaque with a “4” on it, but instead of the grey that Kura and Oda’s had, his was a royal blue.
Why is mine different?” He asked
“I figured that your number 4 should stick out among the rest, Hideo, for all that you’ve done for the team. We would be in a much different place had it not been for your guidance. Thank you.
Nomoto pushed up his glasses, “well…You sure know how to make an old man cry, Jack....”
“Hahahaha. It was an honor to work with you, Hideo.”
“You as well, Allen. Thank you. And I have to give a thank you to the fans as well. You all stood by us, through thick and thin. Through my first season as manager where we finished in 5th place, we still sold out every night. You all are here because you love the game. Simple as that. I… I really appreciate the support… Thank you.”

He took his seat again, tears still in his eyes. “Congrats, Nomoto.”
“Thanks, kid.”

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Awwww yeah, nice to see you jumping back in! The third installment will be just as good, I'm sure.

Takumi's series...ahem, yes I can vouch they're excellent novels. Good on Jack for getting into those Japanese lawyer dramas as an American. That Odoroki kid shines like the night moon, but he's no Ryuichi. Ah, that's sequels for ya.

how old is Jack at this point?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:40 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2036

18:21

“Up next is someone I thought about trading early on, honestly. But, behind his stone cold face is unmatchable grit. Though it took him a little while, he really hit his stride. I’m talking about none other than your third baseman of fourteen years, Daisukeeee Fukuchiiiii!”

Fukuchi walked up to the stage, his face unwavering, “Thank you Jack. Thank you fans. You’re great.”

He walked off the stage.

“Fukuchi, everyone!” Jack said as he was clapping. Fukuchi really hasn’t changed, heheh

FUKUCHI
32, 14 years, 1821 games, 2745 hits, .317, 450 doubles, 34 triples, 325 HR, 1541 RBI

“Ahem, right… After Fukuchi comes our first pitcher of tonight’s ceremony. This guy proved everyone wrong, and completely blew everyone away. Please join me in welcoming one of our aces, number eleven, Ataruuuu Hiyamaaaa!”

Hiyama walked up to the mic, “uh… I’ve never really been one for words, but… yeah. There isn’t really much else for me to say. Thank you so much, Allen. I… I don’t even know how to put it into words.”
Jack shook his hand, and the crowd erupted into cheer once again.

HIYAMA
AGE, YEARS PRO, ERA, INNINGS, STRIKEOUTS, WINS-LOSES, SAVES
37, 19 years, 3.68, 2891 IP, 2235 strikeouts, 253 wins-71 losses, 4 saves
(4th best win percentage of all time)

“After him is someone that I, unfortunately, never really had the chance of getting to know. His rookie season was my last one. But goooolly, did he ever prove to be productive. Soooo, here he is… Your thirteen year roamer of the outfield, number fourteen, the Chinese Menace, Xiaoooo Zenigataaaa!”

He handed him his “14” plaque, “thank you, Mr. Allen. I didn’t know you personally, but the other guys always sang your praises. So, I would assume you’re a swell guy. And this is a swell city. I spent 13 years of my life here, and they were some of the best. So, thank you.”

ZENIGATA
33, 13 years, 1651 games, 2363 hits, .341, 457 doubles, 65 triples, 386 HR, 1473 RBI

He walked off.

“Hunh… Swell, heh.” Jack chuckled, “Aaaanyways, up next we’ve got some lanky kid my draft advisor stumbled upon. Who would’ve thought he would’ve been one of the best to ever play? I’d love to welcome your center fielder of seventeen years, Yoshiroooo Ushidaaaaa!”

Jack handed Ushida his “15” plaque, and he took the mic. “Heh, Jack… You called me when I was in the middle of my homework. I was on the team the next day. I don’t think that that was very conventional, but, oh well. Screw conventional. Jack, you changed my life. You saved me from mind-numbing tedium as a salaryman, so I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, kiddo.”

USHIDA
37, 17, 2199 games, 3434 hits, .342, 656 doubles, 61 triples, 367 HR, 1614 RBI
(3rd most hits in a single season with 242 in 2021, 5th best career batting average all time, 6th most hits, 6th most doubles all time)

Ushida waved to the crowd as he took his seat.

“This guy, everyone knows well. It was an absolute honor that the Knights even were able to pick up someone of his immense talent. This man revolutionized pitching, and after twenty long, extremely effective years, I would like to call up our ace, number eighteen, Kenta Maedaaaaa!”

“Thank you Mr. Allen. The trade that I went through was one of the best things to ever happen to me. Kyoto changed me as a person and as a player. The fans expected so much of me, so I had to really bring up my game to make sure I didn’t disappoint. Of course, there were some times that I didn’t do what I was brought over to do, but everyone cheered regardless. In fact… I’m not sure if I ever really heard a ‘boo’ from the home crowd… Hm… Commendable. Thank you, Mr. Allen.”

He grabbed his “18” plaque and walked down the stairs on the left side of the stage to near-deafening cheers.

MAEDA
38, 20 years, 3.39, 3383.1 IP, 2869 strikeouts, 268 wins-89 loses, 1 save

Jack took the mic once again, “Maeda… You know, I think you’re right. I don’t ever recall any jeers from the crowd. Is this the best baseball city or what?!”

Maeda cracked a smile, breaking his usual stoic expression. I was shocked. Well, a little shocked. Just a bit.

---

philliesfan134 wrote:
Awwww yeah, nice to see you jumping back in! The third installment will be just as good, I'm sure.

Takumi's series...ahem, yes I can vouch they're excellent novels. Good on Jack for getting into those Japanese lawyer dramas as an American. That Odoroki kid shines like the night moon, but he's no Ryuichi. Ah, that's sequels for ya.

how old is Jack at this point?

heehee, they're pretty fantastic, if I do say so myself ;)

As of 2036, Jack's 48 going on 49... Dude's gettin up there, but he's livin that sweet retired life rn

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
So, I'm curious - did you sim 20 years from where you left off? I'm forgetful about the timeline, and I wanted to know how the stats got accrued i.e. they were generated or you based them off simulation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

So if I remember correctly, the Archers are a AAA team or something?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2036

18:34

“And now I would like to invite up here one of the most, er, ‘energetic’ players I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. One of the biggest presences both in and out of the clubhouse, the holder of the 2nd most appearances ever, your bullpen bud, number nineteen, Sakutarooooouuu Makidaaaaaa!”

Makida walked much faster than did the others, but, of course, that was to be expected, since he’s never not bursting with energy. It’s pretty amazing, really. He grabbed the mic hard.

“Hello Kyoto! Hello Jack! It’s great to be back, you know? It’s an honor to receive this honor, Jack…. I am honored! I hope that my sheer number of appearances balances out my kind of high ERA, everyone! I did whatever it was that I needed to do. Leaving the closer role was a hard, but necessary thing put on me. Fujioka was the much better choice, you know? ...Well, I shall cherish this treasure forever, Jack! Nineteen is my favorite number after allllll!”

MAKIDA
38, 20 years, 3.96, 1709.2 IP, 1358 strikeouts, 120 wins-48 loses, 117 saves
(2nd most appearances all time with 951)

Makida probably didn’t even need the mic. Hell, I think they turned it off halfway through… He walked off the stage and took his seat next to Maeda.

It’s funny to think that they’re friends, despite being so drastically different.

“Hey, thanks for mentioning Fujioka, Makida. Because, if it isn’t obvious, up next is the kid. Now, he was planned to just be an eighth inning guy, but he was moved to the closer role out of sheer necessity. And that certainly seems like it was the right decision, since Fujioka ended up being one of the best closers to ever play the game. So, if you could, please help me in welcoming to the stage, your closer, number twenty three, Ryoooo Fujiokaaaaa!”

“I didn’t play as much or as long as I had thought that I would, but I retired when it was time to retire. Despite having the 4th most saves of all time, I wouldn’t like you to think me any better than any of the other bullpen guys. Without them, I would never have this. Without the batters, I would never have this. My record is indicative of a team rather than an individual. Without my brothers in arms, there’s no way that I would be standing up here in front of you all. Thank you. I can’t truly express my gratitude enough…”

He pushed up his glasses, and wiped his eyes. “Lots of crying tonight, heheh.” Nomoto said under his breath.

“...Thank you everyone…” Fujioka said as he took his “23” plaque and headed back to his seat.

FUJIOKA
37, 17 years, 2.81, 833 IP, 682 strikeouts, 59 wins-27 loses, 314 saves
(4th most saves all time)

“Fujioka, everyone!” Jack said, clapping his way back over to the microphone.

“Okay, everyone. You all know who’s next, don’t you?” There was a very loud ‘YEAH’ from the crowd as one collective voice.

Up next was, of course, ‘Kami-sama,’ Masato Kurihara.

---

philliesfan134 wrote:
So, I'm curious - did you sim 20 years from where you left off? I'm forgetful about the timeline, and I wanted to know how the stats got accrued i.e. they were generated or you based them off simulation.

Ye, with the Knights franchise I had in 2011, I ended up simming to the end of the 20 year campaign I'm allowed, so all those stats are what they actually ended up with in game :}

This log is going to use JPPY 2013

BrewersFuzz wrote:

Yee, the Archers are the Knights' 2nd string team (the Japanese version of AAA)

I'll go more into it l8r tho, dun worry none

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Powerprosfan31 wrote:
BrewersFuzz wrote:

Yee, the Archers are the Knights' 2nd string team (the Japanese version of AAA)

Gosh, that's an awesome idea. :bigok:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:24 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2036

18:42

“Well then, I don’t think he needs an introduction, does he…? ...Nah, you know what, he does. Up next is the current all time hits leader, the all time WORLD homerun leader, the all time RBI leader, the holder of the single season homerun record. And although he only left us a year ago, his presence is already missed. Up next is, in my humble opinion, the best player to ever step foot on the ballfield, your first baseman of twenty years, number thirty four, Masatooooo Kuriharaaaa!”

Kurihara, standing at 188 centimeters [6’2”] and weighing 97 kilograms [215 lbs], is one of the biggest guys of Japanese descent I’ve ever seen. His strategically unkempt hair and goatee combo really seal the deal. He went up to the stage with his 7 year old daughter, Manami, whom he is unbelievably proud of, never shying away from flaunting the pictures he has of her in his wallet. He held her in his arms while he stepped to the mic.

“Hello Kyoto, long time no see, huh?” The crowd erupted. “Hahaha, to be honest, it’s been pretty tough to adjust to life without baseball. It’s… jarring. But, now I’ve finally got more time for my family. Manami here has been nagging me for a while now, and I can finally make up for all the time that I missed, haha,” he ruffled his daughter’s hair, “God… I can’t even begin… I was a backup catcher until my senior year of high school, and that was something that I was totally alright with. My coach just happened to see me swinging around in a park down the street from my house one day, and he told me that I had talent. Something that I’d never heard before… I… And then, Jack… You took me in without hesitation despite my incredibly small sample size. I… Thank you, Jack. Really.”

“No, Kuri, thank you for all you’ve done. You’ve proven yourself to be a tremendous player. Not only that, you've also proved to be one of the kindest, most humble men I’ve ever met. And that, folks, is something that you don’t usually see. Kurihara, you deserve this. You’re the greatest to ever live.”

Kurihara’s daughter, Manami took his “34” plaque from Jack’s hands and held it tight. Kurihara just stood, tears in his eyes, with a goofy smile plastered onto his face. “Why’re you crying, daddy?”

“I’m just… I’m… I love you, Manami. I love you, Kyoto. I love you…”

Instead of the usual yelling and cheering, the fans instead started clapping. There were some whistles in there too, of course, but this sounded much more reserved and respectful. Kurihara was the backbone of the team for twenty years. Everyone relied on him to come through. And he never complained, instead embracing his role, and doing all in his power to psych up the people around him to play at the top of their game, wherever that may lie. Kurihara is a great man, and an even greater player. I’m a bit jealous, if I’m being completely honest, heheh.

KURIHARA
38, 20 years, 2804 games, 3819 hits, .342, 676 doubles, 47 triples, 1008 HR, 3166 RBI
(Most career hits all time, most single season homeruns with 63, most homeruns all time, 4th best career batting average all time, most career RBI all time [younger Kurihara has 2nd most :} ], most runs scored all time, 6th most doubles all time)

Money can't buy life

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next