Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:08 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Raijin67 wrote:

From what I could gather, the aging superstar teammate is trying to get noticed. So it seems like he's attempting to make the team around him "stars". How it works or what that means, I'm not sure of.

As far as the terrible player goes... The screenshot showed a pitcher, 118 kpm, G/G stamina and control and literally every red ability. So, yeah...

I wonder if each of the success mode types will feature a different Exp system, as if to say that the aging superstar won't get as much Exp, but the terrible player will gain it in greater amounts. There has to be advantages and drawbacks to each mode I would assume? Otherwise I would pick the normal one so when I take that player to My Life, I can play the longest career I think? (assuming the terrible player has lower attributes when you finish Success Mode successfully, thereby making the "downward" trend of that players career more greatly felt than a player with higher attributes to start. Also of course, the aging superstar would probably be set at a higher age, which would force him to retire at some point I would think.)

There's some very interesting info on http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/eve/1/index.html

Using google translate, the six links on the page are "Pawafesu Edition, Success Guide, game hen, pennant Edition, My Life Guide, and Success Special Edition."

Why there would be two FAQ type things for Success I can't figure out. "Game hen" seems to be overall discussion of the game mechanics and how they are different from past games. It seems like all the discussions end up referring back to something from success mode, which could mean Success plays a bigger role in the entire game than we would normally anticipate.

Maybe you can piece the various pages of info together better than I can.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:31 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PSP) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Just 6 more days...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:59 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Got my copy downloaded, unlocks tomorrow at 11 am est :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:08 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: White Sox
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
FedEx claims my copy will be coming in tomorrow =P If anyone is interested I'll be streaming some Season Mode on Twitch for most of the day - https://www.twitch.tv/acwallace/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:24 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

I played a bit today... Need to get better at hitting. I modified a hard sinker that looks pretty sick, just need to figure out how to gain access to it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:50 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Mets
Would you say the hitting mechanics feel different in terms of the sensitivity of moving the analog stick in JPPY 2016 vs MLB PP? Or is it the timing of swing based on the pitch speed?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:06 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

HunterFox wrote:
Would you say the hitting mechanics feel different in terms of the sensitivity of moving the analog stick in JPPY 2016 vs MLB PP? Or is it the timing of swing based on the pitch speed?

Personally, I feel like the sensitivity is definitely higher. But yeah, it's also that my timing is off. I'm slowly getting re-assimilated.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Cubs
Just curious, how are you guys playing power pros 2016? Do you just make the mlb teams or just play as the Japanese teams? This game doesn't have any mlb teams right?

Also I know there are translations on YouTube but is there a way you can change all of the options and wording to English?

Btw what forum on here do I go to to talk about this game? Not sure if I should import it or not

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:57 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
First off, welcome to the forums, Tongue! Glad to have you!

Tongue38 wrote:
Just curious, how are you guys playing power pros 2016? Do you just make the mlb teams or just play as the Japanese teams? This game doesn't have any mlb teams right?

Also I know there are translations on YouTube but is there a way you can change all of the options and wording to English?

Btw what forum on here do I go to to talk about this game? Not sure if I should import it or not

1. I don't know how many users here are playing 2016, but I don't think it's many, if at all. The game doesn't have any MLB teams in it, just the Japanese teams. However, that's pretty fascinating for us Americans, if you ask me.

2. If the Power Pros 09 game is any indication, there is not an option to change everything to English. The only things that would be English are the main menu options, as subtitles under the Japanese characters.

3. You're in the right place, actually! It'd probably cost you a decent amount to buy it, though.

Hope this helps!

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:13 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
2016 is a Japan exclusive, but the PS4 isn't region locked, so you can import it using play-asia.com or a similar site.

They usually run around $80 or so, but the longer it's been out, the cheaper it gets.

And unfortunately, no--there is no option to translate to English.

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:30 pm 
Ace
Ace

You can order it on Amazon, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Tongue38 wrote:

I tend to create my own teams (which takes forever because I'm never satisfied...) because I only have a very small knowledge base of the NPB. The game only allows up to 16 teams in season mode, though there's enough spots for teams and players to create all 30 MLB teams with their 40 man rosters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:07 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Giants
When you create an MLB team and players do you do it in the arrange section or during pennant mode? Also can you create a players stats and ratings or are you stuck with what ever NPB player you change into an MLB player? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:25 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

sask3m wrote:
When you create an MLB team and players do you do it in the arrange section or during pennant mode? Also can you create a players stats and ratings or are you stuck with what ever NPB player you change into an MLB player? Thanks.

You'd create the teams in arrange mode, then add them to pennant mode. As far as the players, you have two options...

A) Pick an NPB player closest to the MLB player and add them to the team. Any changes you make will be cosmetic; name, appearance, gear, ect... You can't edit their attributes or birthdays.

B) Make the players in success mode and add them when done. This would take a lot longer, but the players would be a lot more accurate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm 
Ace
Ace

Raijin67 wrote:
sask3m wrote:

You'd create the teams in arrange mode, then add them to pennant mode. As far as the players, you have two options...

A) Pick an NPB player closest to the MLB player and add them to the team. Any changes you make will be cosmetic; name, appearance, gear, ect... You can't edit their attributes or birthdays.

B) Make the players in success mode and add them when done. This would take a lot longer, but the players would be a lot more accurate.

You can also edit the manager.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next