Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Something seems "off" about this log. What is it?
It is dead. 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
All of the above. 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: Nagoya Aliens ~ Invading the NPB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Okay, goody. :D I was worried we wouldn't get to pick.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
January 25, 2011

It was time to formally meet the players and I was admittedly a bit giddy. I'm excited to work with these guys. I woke up at 5:30, showered, got dressed, and ate breakfast and was out the door at 6:00. I arrived at the stadium around 6:30, and like I expected, nobody was there. I didn't think any of the players would show up till around 8:30, but I had to get my practice planned out and make sure everything was organized. I was in the weight room, because it's important to stay healthy during your 50s, when the first player showed up around 7:45.

"Hey there!" I called out to him. "What's your name?"

"Adam, sir," he boomed authoritatively. I could tell he was the son of a military officer.

"Hello, Adam. I'm your manager, John Huitt." I crossed his name off the checklist. "I heard a lot about you, mainly about your speed. That's part of the reason why I expected you to be the first one here. Before you get everything ready, I'm going to need the number you want for your uniform."

"Number 35, sir. Rickey Henderson, who I am unfortunately not related to, used to wear it, and he was my idol." I then directed him to his locker.

I waited about 10 minutes before the next player showed up.

"LOL first," he shouted while running in. He was wrong, of course, and I made fun of him for that.

"Oops. Anyways, I'm Geoff Taylor. I'm kinda an internet geek, if my outburst didn't already tip you off."

"No problem. What number would you like?"

"56, please." He went to his locker and started gluing paper cutouts on it that he calls "rage faces." Whatever...

Ricardo Diaz was the next guy to show up. I could only ask his number, as he only spoke Spanish. "Sesenta y seis, por favor," he said. I was at least able to understand that he wanted #66.

Andrew Nelson showed up next. After telling me he wanted #33, he told me that if I needed any help speaking to the Spanish players, he would be happy to help. He said he was fluent in Spanish. That's very nice of him, and I'll be using his services quite a lot.

Ethan Mason showed up after 20 minutes of waiting. He was even more energetic than Taylor was when arriving, and when I peeked in his gear bag, there was a whole stash of Japanese energy drinks in there! I was able to get him to calm down just enough to tell me that he wanted number 14.

Gomez and Lopez showed up together right after Mason did. Nelson was talking to them and they told him that they were very excited to play for this ballclub, and were in awe of the fact that I played alongside some of their favorite ballplayers. I felt very flattered, to say the least. Gomez chose #6, Lopez #30.

James Robinson was the next player to arrive. He was a pretty depressing guy, saying that "Uncle Jackie would be disappointed in me if he were still around. He'd want me to be in the MLB." He solemnly chose number 42.

James and Emerson arrived together. They were arguing with each other about which form of art was superior. James argued for cinema, Emerson for poetry. After we settled that, Emerson chose 2 because Derek Jeter is his favorite player, and James chose 4 because, well, he liked it.

Zheng Ma arrived. Nobody in the room could speak Chinese except him, but he brought his dad, a language professor, along with him. I told his dad that he can't be around every day, but he assured me that Zheng's English was getting better every day. "Fauruty," he blurted out. I assumed that's what he wanted his number to be. Zheng's dad left after an hour and a half-long lecture to him, which had gone on half an hour after all the players arrived.

I focused on the two new players that showed up, catcher Rex Morgan, who wanted #12 and third baseman Alex Weiss, who wanted #29. Morgan was your typical good ol' boy from the South, and as you might imagine, he had some colorful words to say about the Japanese culture. Weiss, meanwhile, kept showing off his biceps. That is, until outfielder Arthur Collins slammed open the doors and yelled out "Bro, do you even lift?!" Everyone gasped. It was truly on now. Weiss responded by shouting, "Of course I *(censored)* lift! Have you seen my goddamn muscles?" I had to restrain the two players, and Collins made a face that was similar to one of those "rage faces" Taylor had on his locker. He called it the "troll face." I had to discipline both players, and talk to Collins a bit more. He apologized to me, making what Taylor called the "okay face," and told me he wanted #45 before going to apologize to Weiss.

First baseman John Simpson and pitcher Wally Burton arrived. Burton chose #98, Simpson #48. They were pretty big dudes, also from the South. I made sure that Simpson, Burton, and Morgan all had lockers near each other in order to keep them happy.

A very sinister-looking young man came in next, and greeted me. "Greetings, Mr. Huitt, I am Hans Gruber, future robbe-um, second baseman. You shall give me number 46. I must tell you that I am a highly intelligent man, and I will rarely commit errors. So keep that in mind." I was very suspicious of the guy, but he should be a good player.

Cho and Chen were the next players to arrive. I noticed that Chen and Cho were very opposite personalities when they walked in, as Chen spoke way more than Cho did. Chen could speak English, Cho couldn't. Chen told me about how he likely couldn't have made it to pro ball because he throws so slow, and the expansion teams saved his career. He said that he will hit his spots more than any other pitcher in the world, and I certainly hoped as such. Chen wanted #15, and he told me Cho wanted #1. I was happy to oblige.

Blanco came in next. He wanted #54. He kept bragging to everyone about how he was going to strike out his brother Tony, who played first base for the Dragons.

Max Jones was the next player to arrive. He was dressed like Eminem from 8 Mile, and Eminem was who he was listening to on his iPod. I also noticed the tons of tattoos he had and I told him he had to cover them up with sleeves.

"@$^&@%^*()^T$&(*%$^@&(*%$@^*(&%~!!!" was the gist of Jones' reaction to it. I told him it was league rules, and he replied with a "Whatever," then chose #57.

Martinez, Rodriguez, and Perez showed up with each other. Martinez was sweating profusely, as he is not exactly the skinniest guy on the team. I saw some food stains on his shirt, and it wasn't the best first impression you want to make on the guy who'll be coaching you. Rodriguez and Perez looked exactly alike, luckily Perez has some very distinguishable dreadlocks. I hope to God he doesn't get a haircut... Martinez chose #9, Rodriguez #11, and Perez #16.

Wade and Sarfate showed up afterwards. They said nothing, except that they wanted numbers 28 and 25, respectively.

I had crossed off all but 2 names on the list. After 5 minutes, I heard some booming techno music. Two women in bikinis opened the door and two bodyguards were holding a golden chair. Situated on that chair was a guy who was dressed like he was in a video for that LMFAO band. He had green hair, and some sort of glass thing on his left eye. He then stood on the chair, turned around, and did a backflip off the chair. Luckily, he landed perfectly.

"...You must be Johnny Swagger," I said.

"The one and only, bruh. You guys like that backflip? Hashtag SWAG-GER~!" The kid certainly had charisma.

"Now I know why Greene didn't want to tell me about this kid. He's a complete basket case," I thought to myself.

"Y'all better watch out. I can throw harder than anyone in the league. I'll break Kroon's record, brehz! I know what you're all thinking. "How can anyone so filled to the max with SWAG be in my presence?" Well, I can't tell you guys my story. C'mon now. Focus on the now anyways. Hashtag YOLO~!"

"If you're done with....whatever it is you're doing, I need to get your uniform number," I said, frustrated.

"Bro, SWAG isn't defined by a number. But I'll take 99, because it's the number with the most SWA-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP~!" everyone shouted.

"Whatevs, bruh. Haterz gonna hate." Johnny proceeded to get the 2 bodyguards to carry his assigned locker away and replace it with a customized solid-gold locker with "#SWAG" spray-painted from top to bottom. I already hated the kid, but if he throws as hard as he says, and if my perception of Japanese modern culture is right, than he could be the best marketing opportunity the Aliens have.

With that.........event, we were waiting on one player, Erick Robertson. He was making the team lag behind, to say the least. He finally arrived half an hour after Johnny did.

"Sorry guys," Erick said. "I promised myself I'd be one of the first ones here, but as you can see, I'm not so great with promises." Robertson seemed genuinely remorseful. I knew he was a smart man, and I was hopeful he'd serve as a good mentor. He seemed kinda lazy though.

"Erick!" I said. "How are you doing?" "Very well," he told me. "So, I'd like the number 2.0, erm, 20. Is that fine?" "It is yours," I said. "Welcome to the squad."

Now that the whole squad was here, I called the team together for a meeting. I told them we'd be scrimmaging the Lightning and the FreeAgents on the 29th and February 2nd. I told them to give 'em hell, and after the meeting was done, we went out onto the field for our first practice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suggest that this is the time when those who want agents choose them.

Last edited by PowerPro Jr on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I call Erick and Taylor.

Also,

PowerPro Jr wrote:
He was making the team lag behind, to say the least.
PowerPro Jr wrote:
"So, I'd like the number 2.0, erm, 20. Is that fine?"

I see what you did there. ;)

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I'd like Adam Henderson and Andrew Nelson, please.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
I suppose I'll have to take Mr. Swagger.

Oh, and James Robinson too

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I know I am a little late but Walter James please

Best JPPY '11 Player
First JPPY '12 Player

Checkout my Honolulu Greats log also

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:04 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
I think I'm gonna sit out agents for this log.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:31 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
I'll take Mason and Chen.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
I shall represent Alex Weiss. He haz teh gunz. Pew pew.

Also, Rolman Perez. Because he has dat hair.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I'll have Arthur Collins and Zhang Ma.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The roster list has been updated with the agents. It's sad that no-one wants Gruber, though.

ZeroGibson13 wrote:
I think I'm gonna sit out agents for this log.

...okay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Ooh, I'll take Gruber. I wish I wasn't so late. I would have picked up Swagger.

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

February 3rd, 2011

We won both of our scrimmage games. We beat the Lightning easily 10-1, which was a game that saw Johnny Swagger break the 160 barrier, an honor which few have done before him. We beat the FreeAgents 4-3 with all our backups in, thanks to a walk-off single by Justin Emerson and 4 hits by Hans Gruber.

Today, we focused the entire practice on defense. After we were done, I called for a team meeting in the clubhouse. As soon as the players walked in, they saw the sheet of paper posted on the bulletin board which showed our Opening Day lineup and starting rotation. It went as such:

1. Henderson 8
2. Collins 9
3. Perez 6
4. Martinez 3
5. Sarfate 7
6. Weiss 5
7. James 4
8. Mason 2
9. Pitcher 1

Gomez DHs in interleague play. He hits 7th.

1. Ma
2. Nelson
3. Blanco
4. Burton
5. Taylor
6. Chen
Closer - Johnny Swagger

I didn't see anyone who looked angry besides Morgan and Taylor. Morgan thought his arm was good enough to put him into the starting catcher slot, while Taylor yelled out "5th? That's it? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

I told the players that the first game of the season was on the beginning of next month. I also added that "a lot could change in a month, so practice your hardest."

As the players left, one stayed behind to talk with me. It was Rodriguez.

"Mr. Huitt?" he said to me in broken English, "What exactly is my role with the team?"

"You're the 8th inning setup man. And if Johnny stumbles even a bit, the closer job is yours. I know you can handle it."

"Gracias, sir. I will not let you down." He ran out of the clubhouse with a smile on his face. I like to think his motivation increased, as he had a much different face than before we talked.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

PowerPro Jr wrote:
I like to think his motivation increased, as he had a much different face than before we talked.

I see what you did there...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Mr. Swagger is very pleased with his role as closer.

Money can't buy life

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next