Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specifically for talking about baseball, and isn't specifically about Power Pros. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Favorite Stadium?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:43 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Twins
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I like Target Field, but I would say Miller Field. I have no idea why. It's just cool to me.

Paul Molitor, welcome to town!

Post subject: Re: Favorite Stadium?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
If I were to rank the stadiums I've been to, from worst to best, it would go like this:
7. Olympic Stadium: Went there for the 2 exhibition games between the Mets and Blue Jays last Spring, and it was a living hellhole. Beer cans filled the rows and whenever the fans would stomp, the whole stadium shook. The only good part of the trip was meeting the whole Mets team!!! :D
6. Yankee Stadium: A whiffle-ball field inside a shopping mall. Also, F*** the Yankees.
5. Turner Field: Actually not bad, but some seats are old and rusty. Also happens to be the home of a Mets' divison rival, so always a hostile place.
4. Fenway Park: Had the pleasure of going to 2013 World Series Game 6. Awesome stadium, feels rythmic when fans start to cheer.
3. AT&T Park: Love the brick wall in right field and the fans rowing for homers in the McCovey cove.
2. Citi Field: Thought this would be #1, eh? Great ballpark, but it would be nice if the owners could pay for a decent shortstop instead of a bigger scoreboard. But looking on the brighter side, at least now we can fit all the other team's runs on the board!
1. Petco Park: Love the Sand/Beach area in Center Field, got to go there in August with a friend who lives out there and we shagged some BP, really nice ball park.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:23 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
I'll do what LGM did and rate the MLB stadiums that I've personally been to, of which there are 5, all but two I've been to only once.

5. U.S. Cellular Field - Sat in the upper deck in the stadium. It was a decent experience, but nothing to write home about (then again, I DID get beer accidentally spilled on me at one point). Looked uber-boring, even though it was a Tigers game against them I went to back in 09.
4. Miller Park - Because of the camp I was in that went there, sat in the upper deck. Took two escalators just to get up there. At least it was behind home plate. Overall, wasn't a terrible experience (Prince Fielder dinger off the scoreboard), but I had to have a #4 stadium on here.
3. Wrigley Field - Sat in the bleachers for a game a few years ago, and it was a good experience. Only stadium in which I've acquired a batting practice baseball (technically two, I'll tell the story if you want). Only downside - couldn't go to the main part of the ballpark to look around there.
2. Comerica Park - Been here to root on the Tigers at least 10 times in my life. Good sightlines looking past the park, good ballpark experience overall.
1. Marlins Park - Been here twice on a father-son trip a couple years ago in the inaugural season for the ballpark. Great atmosphere (then again, it could've just been the Red Sox fans that inhabited 75% of the attendance), got to walk around the ballpark, see the bobblehead museum, wonderful sightlines of Miami past the outfield, just an awesome ballpark overall that I recommend you go to at least once. Only downside - I didn't see a Giancarlo dinger. :( Did see Felix Doubront have 6 no-hit innings in one of the games.

Future stadiums I'd like to visit, in order of priority:
-Kauffman Stadium
-Progressive Field
-Turner Field (wish I would've thought about a game there during the Miami trip; we had a driving layover in Atlanta)
-PNC Park

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:46 am 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Wii and PS2
I went to Marlins Park and saw Stanton hit an absolute moonshot to center. It was 466 ft. This alone makes it my favorite stadium.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Miller Park 'cuz it's the only MLB stadium I've been to. :lol:

EDIT: Scratch that, I went to Busch Stadium when I was like 6 but I don't really remember it.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:10 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Okay here we go:

Oakland Coliseum - sad stadium in a sad part of town. you may see the outfield all dug up to crap because of recent football activity, you may hear gunshots on your way in, and you will be able to walk up and buy front row second-level seats day of game. Sad on many levels. Oakland does very little to draw you in or entertain you between innings, too - the stuff kids and women thrive on.

Dolphin Stadium - I went to 1 or 2 Marlins series back when they played here. The outfield walls are a mishmash of folded up seats from the football field. The stadium is incredibly large, making Marlins' actual fan draw seem all the more insignificant. Still, I got one of the cumfy executive boxes one day, which meant AC and a waitress, so that was OK. Without AC this park was deadly in summer - heck even in April. Some intra-inning activities, the Mermaids and the Manatees, hot latin chick reporter, and of course Marlins "fans"

The Trop (Tropicana Field) - yes its indoor, but holy heck in summer in Florida that can help you out. Never too crowded, but the Rays fans became super annoying once they got cowbells (yes, cowbells). I visited pretty often when I lived in Florida, and even after when I'd have Bachelor Fest weeks in the state.

Marlins Stadium - went here when it opened, thank god for AC. The Marlins have a huge whirry buzzy thing that goes off when they homer - its like something out of Willy Wonka, with a big lit-up fish. Seriously go look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZch2jIMVtk They also have an adults-only left field "club" with a pool, bar, and naked girls as entertainment. While this was cool for our bachelor fest, when combined with the Marlins "fans" that don't really know how to deal with baseball, and are always looking for opportunities to party and dance and look anywhere other than the field, it kind of makes the Marlins least like a baseball team in MLB. I like the stadium, but just grew more dislike for the fans.

Turner Field - nice ballpark, good views, and tickets always available. Ive only been once, to see Strasburg start for the Nats and implode in the 1st inning (throwing at and behind batters, etc). turned into an extra inning affair.

Fenway - can't get over the magic or the history here. Yes, some nails will stick up and get your toes if you go barefoot or wear sandals. Yes you will be uncomfortable all game and occasionally may have a pillar in front of your face. Still, to even get into the constantly-sold-out park and feel the Fenway magic is exhilarating.

I've also been to several minor league fields:
AAA Charlotte Knights (Fort Mill SC, old stadium)
AAA Charlotte Knights (new uptown 2014 stadium)
AAA Indianapolis Indians
AA Greenville Drive (Red Sox)

I hope to take a West Coast 2-week trip with guy friends some time and hit all 5 California stadiums, or maybe skip Oakland and add Seattle. Petco is definitely top of the list for me.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:41 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Cardinals
Well my favorite stadium is Busch Stadium (not bias). I really like how the field favors no batters or pitchers. Plus the arch view is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I've been to three stadiums:

Rogers Centre - Pretty nice. The roof was cool, and I'm partial to the Blue Jays.
Citi Field - Game got delayed heavily and we left after like an hour and a half because it was teams we didn't care about. It was nice enough, though.
Comerica Park - I think it's underrated. It's got character, a great view, an awesome fountain with ivy, and a very nice atmosphere. Obviously I'm biased, I've had some great memories in this ballpark.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '08: Wii and PS2
1. Tropicana Field: It's not as bad as people say. Also, seats are cheap and there are barely any Rays fans (like AOW said, the less cowbells the better). So that's nice.

That's all of them.

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

the Trop used to be so empty, when I first started going for Red Sox games in 2006, Sox fans outnumbered Rays fans like 3-1 easily. It was a sea of red. Fenway South. Still wasn't a bad time. They have a tank full of Manta Rays up above CF!

That started to be more like 50/50 around 2009. Good for the Rays to have finally built up a fan base. It was sad tho to walk by the big artwork featuring Rocco Baldelli, Scott Kazmir and Carl Crawford, and be like 'They're all gone!!!'

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:12 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah, when I went to Marlins Park for a couple games against the Red Sox in 2012, I could tell you that it was easily 5-1 or 6-1 Red Sox fans to Marlins fans. Loudest it got was when Papi got a pinch-hitting appearance. Even met a couple at the public transport stop.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:17 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Alright, so I'll give a bit of a rundown of the stadiums I've been to:

Minor League:

Memorial Stadium (Fort Wayne Wizards)
Parkview Field, several times (Fort Wayne TinCaps)
PGE Park (Portland Beavers)
Dell Diamond (Round Rock Express)
Northeast Delta Dental Stadium (New Hampshire FisherCats)

Major League:

Camden Yards - I was reallllllly young and I don't remember this at all but my parents insist that it happened so ok ???/10

Ameriquest Field/Rangers Ballpark in Arlington/Globe Life Park - I mean, duh. The ballpark experience can get a little corny and/or overdone at times. The new video scoreboard is nice, but you can only see it from about 80% of the park and my dad and I usually sit in that 20% where you cannot see it. 6.8/10

Fenway Park - Fenway is the bestest ever. Only drawback is that there's nothing to do inside the ballpark other than watch the game, which isn't a problem unless there's a rain delay or you get there super early. Tremendous experience during the game, though. The scoreboard offers a great amount of stats also, which is a major plus. Also, there's a lot of stores around the park so you shouldn't have to worry about not getting that Brandon Snyder jersey you've always wanted. 9.7/10

Wrigley Field - Wrigley is also great, has the same problem of limited options before the game. Lots of places around the ballpark to eat, a decent gift shop across the street (although the selection can be questionable), great atmosphere, maybe some good baseball will come through in the future??? Very cool history, a tour is well worth it. 9.2/10

Safeco Field - Seattle's stadium is pretty nice. We went on a tour and got to go in the press box (same at Wrigley and Fenway) which was very, very nice. The ballpark itself is nice as well. It's been a few years though, so I don't remember it as well. 8.1/10

Miller Park - Another nice stadium. The glass window in center field offers a great view. A lot of different but good food options (e.g. meat sundae, bratwurst). The gift shop has a T-shirt for almost every player. Yes, even Jeff Bianchi and Wei-Chung Wang. 8.2/10

That's all I can think of. As you can tell, my favorite is Fenway.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
AgentP wrote:
Fenway Park - Fenway is the bestest ever. Only drawback is that there's nothing to do inside the ballpark other than watch the game, which isn't a problem unless there's a rain delay or you get there super early. Tremendous experience during the game, though. The scoreboard offers a great amount of stats also, which is a major plus. Also, there's a lot of stores around the park so you shouldn't have to worry about not getting that Brandon Snyder jersey you've always wanted. 9.7/10

Miller Park - Another nice stadium. The glass window in center field offers a great view. A lot of different but good food options (e.g. meat sundae, bratwurst). The gift shop has a T-shirt for almost every player. Yes, even Jeff Bianchi and Wei-Chung Wang. 8.2/10

That's all I can think of. As you can tell, my favorite is Fenway.

Lol, I love purchasing random obscure player t-shirts. I got a Colin Cowgill t-shirt after his Opening-Day Grand Slam in 2013, then they traded him a month later. Ah, the memories. My dad always an Eric Young Jr. Mets t-shirt after his breakout 40-SB season on 2013, the Mets store told him they'd have it in 2014. He never got it, lol, he sucks now anyways. At least they still have Dice-K and Chris Young t-shirts to burn! The best store is one down the street from Petco, they sold Trea Turner jerseys before they had signed him to a minor league contract after the draft, now he's on the Nats. At least you can still get Rymer Liriano and Tim Federowicz jerseys for 2015!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
stadiums i been to
Tiger Stadium was really young when they beat the O's like 6-3
Comerica Park last game I went to was sometime before moving down south and they came back to win in extras.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:28 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I've been to Comerica Park, AT&T Park,Fenway, PNC and Tiger Stadium (For games). Also, had the chance of going to Great American Ballpark down in Cincinatti but that fell through and wished I still took the chance anyways. I've been inside of PETCO Park as well in San Diego, but that was during the off-season for a tour.

All of them special in their own ways. :)