Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specifically for talking about baseball, and isn't specifically about Power Pros. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: My Personal Baseball Journey
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:23 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: White Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I was going to start a thread about the time I started my actually baseball career to where I am at now, this will include everything from little league to high school and such. This will take me a little bit of time to complete so tell me what you guys think and if you have doubts.. This will be my way back into the forums.

Post subject: Re: My Personal Baseball Journey
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:54 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Hm...I'm interested to see how this turns out. I'll follow.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Athletics
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I'll follow for the interesting headlines

.247 is better than .000 if I'm being honest.-BBMan9500

I will always love this place

When there is actually activity again I'll be there!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I'll follow

Panther Pride 2.0: The 2015 OKC Panthers

SkittleMonster
http://puu.sh/d9FzM/1ab44887a1.png dish, this isn't gonna get you laid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

First one will come soon!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:18 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Little League Part 1
I started playing ball when I was 11 years old, or the third to last year of little league. I started playing for my dad, he played at the University of Florida as a starting pitcher and loved baseball, but I didn't. So he wanted me to join and for him I did. Lets just say I was absolutely terrible... Like to say the least, I don't believe I got a single base hit the first year I started playing... Okay not that bad but I couldn't hit because I was actually scared of the ball, and I didn't know how to throw a baseball either. To give an example I actually thought the change-up grip was the way that everyone threw a baseball normally and didn't know that you can grip a baseball different ways to make it move different places. So I got put at second base and played as minimal as a little leaguer was allowed to play and of course batted last. I thought to myself multiply times that I don't know why I am playing because I suck and hate it. Only thing I liked was the recognition I got when I fielded a ball and threw it to first because at my age nobody could do that and my family would go crazy all the 3 times I did that year.. That made me feel awesome and put a smile on my face. I toughened it out my first year and thought that I would just get better as I play more. Next year I played I was on a totally different team, with none of the same faces and once again I was bad..But I was even worse.. I was at the age now where there was "Major A" for the better and experienced players, & "Major B", for the lets just say the opposite.. and I didn't make Major A of course.. But I still batted last, didn't play the field a lot, and hated it.. About this time was when my dad started playing catch with me and wanted me to work as a pitcher.. Him and I would regularly train but I didn't have enough nerves to tell the coach I wanted to try pitching. So I never did and told my dad I wanted to quit.. My dad being disappointing because he thought I developed a strong arm and his dream of having a son play ball was then over, was okay with it. Me seeing how down he was I decided to suck it up and play again..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:27 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Little League Part 2
Now I am in 6th grade and it's my last year of little league. I had to go to tryouts for Major A, even though I knew I was going to be told I didn't make it.. But I had the best freaken tryout ever.. I was still bad, but for some reason I hit every ball the coaches saw perfect, fielded and threw the balls perfect, ran the fastest, and got picked to the best team in Major A and batted third... For the first 3 games, or until they found out I sucked... Lol.. They put me at catcher though because I was a hockey goalie and they thought I had a good arm now (since I adjusted my grip) but wasn't what you would call a good hitter.. The whole year I struggled until about the second to last game when I hit my first home run.. Actually that game I hit two.. My confidence went 0 to 100 real quick.. Following game I went 3-3 with 3 double.. All the sudden I felt like my dad was actually really proud, and that made me feel amazing. My coach was very supportive and told me I should try out for the All Star Team, I thought he was just being nice because I had two good games, but my dad thought he was serious... So he signed me up for a tryout, except it wasn't a tryout.. You just signed up and if you were the best at the position you made it, it was the coaches decisions on who made it. Extremely surprised I made the team as the started catcher, looking back I was pretty good at defense compared to everyone else.. My team didn't make it very far but for the first time I felt really good about my baseball career, and that I was good, even though I wasn't, everyone else was just worse. That same coach who coached me my last year and in all stars took on a travel team and told me that they would find a place for me if I decided to continue my baseball career beyond little league.. He warned me that the competition would be a lot greater, the training would be a lot harder, more games, but it is a lot more fun overall. My dad and I talked about if this is what I really want to do and I thought I would give it a shot.. I knew that I would just catch, bat near the bottom, and thats what they expected out of me and I guess I was okay with that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:29 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
That's pretty cool that you got to make the All-Star team as the starting C. I guess confidence in what you do works wonders.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman