Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Marry Me Mariota - (A Madden 16 Titans Log)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Tennessee Titans (0-0) 27 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0) 16

Sept. 13 - The Titans held off the Buccaneers, scoring early and efficiently in their 27-16 victory. In a battle of rookie quarterbacks, Marcus Mariota, the second overall selection, out dueled Jameis Winston, the first overall selection.

Mariota passed for three touchdowns in the first half, each to a different receiver, as he was able to find a rhythm and connect with his top targets. Mariota had an overall solid NFL debut, completing nearly 2/3 of his passes for over 250 yards and a nice 3 touchdown to 0 INT ratio. Fellow rookie Dorial Green-Beckham caught 9 passes, and veteran RB Chris Johnson led the rushing attack with 16 carries. While the Titans offense struggled in the second half, they were able to put the game way with two late field goals.

The Buccaneers attempted a comeback, but Winston could not convert a two-point conversion in the fourth quarter, then later threw an interception in the final 2 minutes, and their defense folded late, allowing the two game-sealing kicks by Ryan Succop.

The Titans continue their road trip to start the season, as they play the Cleveland Browns next week.

Attachments:
Titans Week One.png
Titans Week One.png [ 281.05 KiB | Viewed 7722 times ]

Post subject: Re: Marry Me Mariota - (A Madden 16 Titans Log)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
This is what I say to marry my son, Marcus Mariota:
The awnser is no. So why ya gotta be so rude. My son ain't gay at all. Now go to *(censored)*.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:26 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Kungfupandacam wrote:
This is what I say to marry my son, Marcus Mariota:
The awnser is no. So why ya gotta be so rude. My son ain't gay at all. Now go to *(censored)*.

i highly doubt that Marcus Mariota is your son given that he's 22 and you're like 11

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:39 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

You have the wrong age Agent P, I is twelve. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:42 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Kungfupandacam wrote:
I is twelve!
So you shouldn't be on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

But Rangers get by and my dad said it is ok for me to be on the forum because he said I could.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:09 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Tennessee Titans (1-0) 34 @ Cleveland Browns (1-0) 14

Sept. 20 - The Titans crushed the Browns in Cleveland, as Marcus Mariota had another big day and Johnny Manziel's production was limited by the Titans defense in a 34-14 Titans win. With the win, the Titans improve to 2-0 to start the season, but their biggest challenge awaits with a home matchup against the Indianapolis Colts.

Star Of The Game: Kendall Wright came out of nowhere to score three touchdowns and catch seven passes for 130 yards after just one 36 yard catch in Week One. Another star was Marcus Mariota, who had another 3 touchdown, 0 INT game to start his NFL career. The Titans hope he can remain hot next week at home.

Disappointment Of The Game: The Titans running game, which disappointed for the second straight week. Chris Johnson has yet to break for 60 yards in a game and rookie Antonio Andrews hasn't been good either. They both need to start getting things going soon, especially with the Colts matchup next week.

The Titans return home next week to take on their rival Indianapolis Colts.

Attachments:
Titans Week Two.png
Titans Week Two.png [ 295.39 KiB | Viewed 7682 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Hey is there agents because I want my son Mariota.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Indianapolis Colts (0-2)13 @ Tennessee Titans (2-0) 16

Sept. 27 - The Titans made a statement and won a huge game over their divisional rivals, 16-13 on a last second field goal by Ryan Succop. Both quarterbacks had lackluster games, but Mariota came alive in the 4th quarter, making clutch throws and huge gains to win the game for Tennessee.

That was not the case early on, as down 7-0, with the Titans inside the Colts 10, and facing 3rd and goal, Mariota was picked off in the end zone. After two three and outs, the colts fumbled at their own 45. The Titans inside 10 again, but their offense stalled, and they took a field goal. The Colts then drove and picked up their own field goal, and again, the Titans got in the red zone before halftime, but could only muster a field goal.

The first drive of second half was 3 and out by Tennessee, and after colts 3 and out, Mariota was intercepted, giving Indy good field position, which they took advantage of, drilling a field goal. 3 and outs were traded after that, but then the 4th quarter came.

The Titans' opening possession in the fourth quarter was a big one, as it ended with a touchdown run by Chris Johnson to tie the score. After they traded three and outs again, the Colts got it back with 2 minutes to go. Just after the two-minute warning, Da'Norris Searcy intercepted an errant Andrew Luck pass and returned it to the Colts' 20. It looked like the game was won for Tennessee, but Chris Johnson fumbled on 3rd and 1, giving Indy the ball back. However, the Titans defense forced a three and out, and the offense got the ball back. Facing 3rd and 10 in his own territory, Mariota heaved a prayer to Kendall Wright. Wright caught it and ran to the Colts 23. On the next play, Ryan Succop nailed the game winning field goal, and the Titans were 3-0.

The undefeated Titans have their early bye week this week, then take on the Bills at home.

Attachments:
Titans Week Three.png
Titans Week Three.png [ 277.23 KiB | Viewed 7669 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:13 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Buffalo Bills (2-2) 21 @ Tennessee Titans (3-0) 24

Oct. 11 - The Titans came off their early bye week and beat the upstart Bills at home. It was a back-and-forth game in the first half, as both teams dueled it out offensively. The game switched to a defensive matchup in the second half, and Tennessee ultimately came out on top.

E.J. Manuel, starting for Buffalo in place of an injured Tyrod Taylor, filled in amicably in the first half, throwing for two touchdowns and no interceptions, but the Titans would not go away. Rookie running back Antonio Andrews scored twice for the Titans in the second quarter, and Marcus Mariota also tossed a long touchdown to Dorial Green-Beckham in the first half to give the Titans a 21-14 lead into the third quarter.

The Titans picked off Manuel three times in the second half, the final pick by Marqueston Huff, which lead to a game-sealing Ryan Succop field goal. The Bills scored again late, but could not recover an onside kick, and Mariota knelt the rest of the way to close out the Titans victory, moving them to 4-0 on the season.

DISCLAIMER - This log may or may not be back. I discovered that I had this write up on my laptop, but never posted it. I'll playing some Madden later today, so we'll see...

Attachments:
Titans Week 5.png
Titans Week 5.png [ 241.96 KiB | Viewed 7606 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Miami Dolphins (4-0) 21 @ Tennessee Titans (4-0) 24

Oct. 18 - The Titans, rolling with a four game win streak to start the season, met the equally hot Miami Dolphins, who entered Tennessee with a 4-0 record as well. After taking an early 7-0 lead in the first quarter on one of RB Chris Johnson's three scores on the day. Johnson caught a Marcus Mariota pass for a 20 yard score to open the scoring.

The Dolphins rolled off 21 straight points in the second quarter. Rishard Matthews caught a Ryan Tannehill pass to tie the score, and Miami took the lead when Brice McCain picked off Marcus Mariota on a slant route, and returned it 58 yards to increase the lead to 14-7. Miami's defense forces another 3 and out on the Titans' next drive, and quickly put the ball in the end zone again, as RB Lamar Miller ran one in from two yards out to give the Dolphins a 21-7 lead.

Right before the half, Mariota led the Titans down the field, and capped off a scoring drive with a Chris Johnson four yard touchdown carry. Johnson, taking on the full-time RB duties in the game after Antonio Andrews was sidelined before the game after injuring his ankle during warmups, scored again in the third quarter, this time on a 10 yard run, to tie the game at 21.

The Titans and Dolphins went back and forth with three and outs in the fourth quarter, until Mariota led Tennessee down the field again, and got the Titans in position for Ryan Succop to drill a game-winning 44 yard field goal as time expired to give Tennessee an outstanding and unbelievable 5-0 start on the season.

Attachments:
TitansWeek6.png
TitansWeek6.png [ 224.5 KiB | Viewed 7278 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Atlanta Falcons (3-3) 14 @ Tennessee Titans (5-0) 17

Oct. 25 - The Titans, trying to keep their win streak rolling at home, faced a 3-3 Atlanta Falcons team that gave them a hard fight early on. After taking an early 7-0 lead in the first quarter on a Matt Ryan touchdown pass to Eric Weems, the Falcons defense held Atlanta to only 3 points in the entire first half, shutting down Chris Johnson the entire game, most notably a goal line stand to end the first half.

With the ball on the Atlanta 3 yard line following an exciting drive downfield led by Marcus Mariota, the Titans handed off three times to Johnson, who could only gain one yard as Atlanta's tough front defensive line came through with a huge stop. Tennessee had to settle for a Ryan Succop chip shot field goal to get on the board before the end of the half.

The Falcons then scored quickly in the third quarter. Devonta Freeman ran a touchdown in, and Atlanta's defense continued to stop the Titans' offense, and entering the fourth quarter, things looked bleak for Tennessee. But Mariota led the Titans on a scoring drive to begin the final quarter, as he found Henry Douglas in the end zone from 9 yards out to but the Titans down by four.

After getting the ball back off a punt, the Titans were down at their own 8 yard line with just over two minutes to play. However, you can never count the Titans out, and with 22 seconds remaining, Mariota found the struggling Johnson in the end zone for an 8 yard strike to give the Titans their first lead of the game. The Titans defense held on, and Tennessee continues their miracle stretch to start the season with a perfect 6-0 record.

Attachments:
TitansWeek7.png
TitansWeek7.png [ 200.04 KiB | Viewed 7271 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Tennessee Titans (6-0) 14 @ Houston Texans (3-4)10

Nov. 1 - The Titans tried to keep their perfect season going on the road, but faced challenges early. On the first drive of the game, the Titans faced third and ten after two incompletions by Mariota. On third and long, Mariota tried to run with the pocket collapsing, but he was sacked by J.J. Watt to force fourth down. However, things would get worse for Tennessee after trainers evaluated Mariota on the sidelines after he took the hit from Watt. They determined that he could no longer play in the game. Further tests in the locker room determined that he had bruised his sternum, an injury that would require 2-3 weeks to fully heal.

However, Tennessee could only worry about this game for now, and their only choice at quarterback would be backup Zach Mettenberger. Mettenberger, a second year QB, had yet to win a game in the NFL, and faced a 7-0 defecit after Texans QB Brian Hoyer tossed a long strike to DeAndre Hopkins in the end zone. Mettenberger struggled to lead the offense in the first half, tossing an interception, and the Titans were shutout at the half.

Trailing by a score, the Titans finally found the end zone late in the third quarter, as TE Craig Stevens grabbed a touchdown pass thrown by Mettenberger to tie the game. The Texans would regain the lead after the two-minute warning in the fourth quarter, as Hoyer led the Houston offense in position for a 29 yard field goal by Nick Novak.

After a touchback on the ensuing kickoff, Mettenberger threw three quick deep passes that fell incomplete. The Titans now needed ten yards for a first down to keep their perfect season alive. On fourth and long, Mettenberger hit Antonio Andrews on a screen play that wound up resulting in a huge 48 yard catch and run to get the Titans into field goal range. But Tennessee wasn't down there. A few passes later, the Titans had the ball at the Texans' two yard line. With eleven seconds left, Mettenberger found TE Delanie Walker in the corner of the end zone for the go-ahead touchdown. The Titans defense held on, and Tennessee continued an unbelievable start the season with a perfect 7-0 record.

Attachments:
TitansWeek8.png
TitansWeek8.png [ 200.2 KiB | Viewed 7262 times ]