Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Stormy Davis: Taking Football By Storm
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:13 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
The hours before the do or die game passed slowly. My team, the Vanderbilt Commodores, were 5-6. With a loss, we would be ineligible for a bowl game. I studied the new plays added to the playbook to make sure I was fresh. Our opponent was the almost impossible to beat Alabama. They were 11-0, and a victory would send them to the BCS National Championship Game. So both teams had something to play their hardest for. This would be no walk in the park. Alabama had the best defense in the NCAA. As a quarterback, I had to worry about their shutdown corners. Also, their linemen were a quarterback's nightmare. On the season, I passed for 1,243 yards and 16 touchdowns. I encouraged our team to not lose hope, we still had a chance, a small chance, but we had a chance. We needed to believe in ourselves and what we have worked for all season. This was the closest I had ever been to a bowl game. In my last year, I wanted my last game to be a bowl. Alabama was a -35 favorite, an overwhelming number. But, their #1 weakness was my #1 strength, short passes. The linebackers were dominant run stoppers, but couldn't cover a receiver to save their lives. I knew I had to take advantage of this weakness. Most of the day was spent watching film, but it seemed to take forever. I saw how much the linebackers missed tackles on the receivers. This would be their Achilles Heel, or so I thought. At night, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get some sleep. To my surprise (sarcastic) I woke up at 5:30 AM. The game was at 11. "Ah, *(censored)* it!" I thought, "I'm going to the stadium now!! I arrived at the stadium at 6:30 to watch some film (surprisingly). My coach was freaked when he saw me already there at 8:00.
"Stormy, what happened to getting some mother *(censored)* sleep? (Coach swore a ton) How are you gonna focus? I thought I told you to arrive at 8:30 AM sharp!!! What time did you arrive?"
"5:30, sir."
"What??? You're benched!! I can't have you out there drowsy and unfocused! Kiss goodbye your last NCAA game!!"
"Coach, please. Give me a chance, I..."
"That's enough, SHUT YOUR MOUTH NOW!!"
"Sorry, sir."
"You better be!"

The team struggled in the first, going behind 13-0. The backup was 2-7 with 2 interceptions. I expected to be put in, but the third string was brought in.

In the second, 'Bama took a commanding 23-0 lead. The tird string was 1-9 with 1 interception. At halftime, coach told us to have fun and that the season was lost. He brought the fourth string in to start the third.

The fourth string did well, throwing for 98 yards on 8 completions. But Bama still led 23-14.

In the fourth, we scored on the first drive to cut the lead to 23-21. Things were looking great, but then the fourth string got injured. I was our last QB. Bama kicked a 45 yarder to make it 26-21. There was 2:45 left when Bama missed a 25 yard field goal. It was a miracle!! But they played tight D. We slowly moved the ball until the clock reached :45. We had it at the Bama 20. I audibled to a quick pass. The pass was intercepted and returned for a touchdown, We lost 33-21. My coach shoved me into my locker and screamed at me for minutes upon minutes. I was glad my college career was finished.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Post subject: Re: Stormy Davis: Taking Football By Storm
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Star QB gets benched for arriving too early to a game? :?

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:01 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Coach should be fired on the spot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:22 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

It was an extremely depressing Sunday. I was afraid to show my face on campus. To my surprise, people actually showed sympathy towards me. I was asked to do an interview.
"Stormy, how does it feel to lose like you did yesterday?"

"It sucks. We came so close to victory, we could almost taste it. Johnson played really well, and our defense shocked the nation. It was my fault because I changed the pick 6 play to a slant route. I thought that slants were Bama's weakness. Apparently, their weakness was deep posts. These are things that you learn when you grow in football knowledge. I'm upset that I never played in a bowl game, but I'm happy that I played for a great squad.

"Why were you benched?"

"What happened was... UMM... I don't want to say this, but an altercation at practice. I said some things about coach's plan of running up the middle. He snapped at me at the beginning of the game, so I was benched. It's my fault, and I let my team down.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:26 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

January 2, 2013
When I got back to campus, things were awfully quiet. No one spoke of the game. My teammates ignored me when I talked to them. Luckily, I was on pace to graduate, otherwise I would be screwed.

"Hey Stormy, it's Hannah. I was calling to see if you were free Friday night? Call back, bye

I couldn't believe it, Hannah, my dream girl was calling ME to ask me if I was free Friday. I had to call back.

"Hey Hannah! I heard you asked if I was free Friday night.
"Yes Stormy! My boyfriend loves cars, and I know you love photography, so can you take pictures of his new car?
"Oh yeah, uhh let me take a look at the old uh the old schedule," I said in misery.

"FUUUUUUCKK!!!!" I YELLED. She was using me again. Oh well, 3 months to go.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:28 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Favorite Team: White Sox
Lol, this reminds me of you and a girl with the same name LOL!! Stop with the Amazing Spiderman references