Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Davis Kelton: Riding High
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Davis Kelton was a puzzling case to many of the coaches recruiting him. He had come over from his native Ireland just twelve months prior, before his junior year, and he had attended Bellevue (WA) High, a school he would barely play at, throwing only four passes and carrying the ball zero times. Kelton was an intriguing baseball player, as a pitcher, but he claimed that his only desire was to play football collegiately. Going into his senior year, Kelton tweeted out his top 3: Washington State, Oregon State, and San Jose State. "I want to stay on the West Coast," he explained, "and I don't care about my status initially on the depth chart." Bellevue had a weak schedule with the exception of two state powerhouses: the Covington Titans and the Sea-Tac Rams. Every other opponent was hilariously weak and Bellevue would easily go 8-2 if not better than that. Kelton would start this year, but he was not recognized by any D-1 teams and would have to play very well against Covington and Sea-Tac to even think about getting any offers, at least in his mind. Kelton was thinking about other schools such as FCS team Eastern Washington and even some Division II and III colleges that were showing interest. Little did he know how much would change...

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: Davis Kelton: Riding High
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:07 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Week 1, Senior Year, Bellevue (WA)

I woke up pumped for game day. Football season was finally about to start and I was the starting quarterback for the Bellevue Eagles. We had our first game against Lynnwood. They were a bunch of scrubs. I was only in for seven possessions before they pulled me so we looked “sportsmanlike” or some BS like that. I threw six touchdowns and the other possession ended at halftime when we were in the red zone. I threw each TD to a different receiver: Thien Nguyen, Craig Ostrander, Geo Sarria, Chris Husein, Maurice Bennett and Michael Weisbecker in that order. I finished the game 31 for 38 for 392 yards and the 6 TDs. I also ran for 45 yards on 8 carries. We won 45 to 0.
After the game, our biggest fan, Bell Thompson, invited everyone to a party at his house, because his parents weren’t home. His best friend, Timothy Looper, showed up with a bunch of weed and beer and everyone got high and/or drunk and crashed at Bell’s house. I woke up groggy (I had two beers and smoked a bit too) but no one got busted for anything. Timothy said his parents would be gone next weekend and we would have a similarly awesome party at his house.
On Monday I went to school and my position coach said two coaches were at practice: Washington State and Idaho. Mike Leach, the WSU coach, was there to offer me a full ride for football. I thanked him and said I would need some time to decide, obviously, since I still had the whole rest of the season to go. The Idaho coach was there to say that he was interested in me but not enough to offer a scholarship yet. I said I would be sure to look into them but I ended up not doing it because I fell asleep in study hall. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were boring other than practice, we were preparing to play another sucky team in Ellensburg who had won their first game. I managed to get some hot chick’s number after school on Wednesday, she kept checking me out in forensics class and I finally made my move - smooth as always. I called her on Thursday and we hung out. I drove her to McDonald’s, and then Francis Howard came over. He had the least suspicious name ever but he was actually a drug dealer. We all got high and then Francis drove Yolanda home.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:49 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Week 2, Senior Year, Bellevue (WA)

I got really high yesterday but it wore off and I forgot to take my ADD meds and so I was really hyper yesterday and couldn’t think straight. The game went horribly, as we lost 27-6 to one of the worst teams in the state. I threw for 88 yards, going 10 for 24, and two interceptions. I also ran the ball 28 times, 7 of which were from sacks, for 61 yards and lost a fumble. At the end of the game I got hit hard on a helmet-to-helmet hit that should have obviously resulted in a penalty, and coach said I might not get to play next week if I didn’t pass my concussion tests, but I aced the tests and got right back to practicing on Monday. For some reason Idaho offered me a scholarship after the game despite it being the worst game of my (albeit brief) career thus far. I didn’t go to Timothy’s party this weekend because I was trying to rest from my head injury.
I couldn’t focus all week in school and I thought it was because of Yolanda, so I dumped her. It ain’t nothing to cut that chick off, you know? That didn’t fix anything but I was already over her. However, being the chick magnet that I am, I landed another girl the next day by pretending to cry about it in the library during study hall. Her name was Amanda and she was really nice and tried to help me get over it even though I wasn’t depressed at all. We exchanged numbers and texted all night. On Thursday night, the pain in my head was too much so I called up Tim and he brought by just enough pot to relieve the injury for the game the next day.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I'm so confused. Is this like NCAA '14 or something? Or are you just making this up?

I'd add more drugs if I were you.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:47 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this like NCAA '14 or something? Or are you just making this up?

I'm playing NCAA Football 14 Road to Glory on Varsity difficulty, sorry for not explaining that

There's a reason this log is called "Riding High"...

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:48 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

AgentP wrote:
BrewersFuzz wrote:

I'm playing NCAA Football 14 Road to Glory on Varsity difficulty, sorry for not explaining that

There's a reason this log is called "Riding High"...

:lol: Yeah, I got that part after these last 2 updates.

And yeah, you probably should've clarified that. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:00 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Week 3, Senior Year, Bellevue (WA)

It was an odd game for me. I couldn’t throw well all game, going 15 for 32 for 239 yards and 4 picks (one in the red zone, one on a 2-point conversion, and one on a Hail Mary). However, I ran 16 times (5 on sacks) for 20 yards, and three rushing touchdowns. We managed to win the game 22 to 10 on those three TDs. On Saturday, I went to check my Rivals profile as I always did and they had me as a two-star recruit for some reason. They also only had 3 interceptions listed for me, I guess the 2-point one doesn’t technically count but whatever. I went on ESPN and they had updated my stats and slightly moved me up in the rankings, but I was still considered a one-star prospect, which I felt was more accurate since I, well, sucked the last two games and hadn’t played more than a few snaps before this season. In addition, San Jose State’s coach called me and said they would give me a full scholarship for football. They were my #3 school behind Washington State and Oregon State, who understandably hadn’t sent anyone to watch me yet, but had said they would for the week 5 showdown with Covington.
The week was pretty uneventful, for some reason there was a freakin’ crap-ton of homework assigned. I had to write this long thing for English, it was a "free writing" assignment but it still had to be that long. I decided I would write about my senior football season. It wouldn’t be due until the end of the second six-week grading period, so football would be over by then and I could squeeze in a couple weeks of the offseason if I wanted to. I decided that smoking wasn’t doing me any good. I called Amanda and we hung out on Wednesday. I poured out my heart to her, and she said the best thing to do was to follow my instincts, no matter how bad I thought they were. I thought about it all day Thursday, and decided I would try going the rest of this week and all of next week without weed to see if I played better. Timothy had caught some virus and missed school all week, so there hadn’t been a party on Friday evening. He got back on Thursday but said we weren’t on for “turning up” this weekend as he was still feeling bad and couldn’t hook us up with anything. I offered to open up my house and said people could bring their own stuff if they wanted, that I didn’t care but that I wouldn’t have anything at the house.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:17 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Week 4, Senior Year, Bellevue (WA)

We had another odd game against Lakeland North, winning 14-0. I threw for 382 yards and 2 touchdowns, but was only 20 for 42 and threw four interceptions. I was sacked six times and had 13 rushing attempts for 23 yards. Two of my four picks came in the red zone, and both of my touchdowns went to my “ginger bro” Craig Ostrander. Washington said they were interested in me after the game and would be sending someone down for the big game against undefeated Covington.
I hosted the party as I said I would after the game. No one brought anything but it was still pretty cool, I would say. I got out my MacBook and started DJ’ing, playing some of my favorite songs. I of course mixed some of the popular stuff like “Fancy” with my stuff, which included a lot of rap as well as a little bit of everything else. My favorite songs were “Tom Ford” by Jay-Z, even though it was a little old, and the new Maroon 5 song “Maps”, which got a few people dancing even though there wasn’t a dance floor or even like an empty room or anything. They were just jamming to the songs wherever they could find the space.
I had been writing for English all week, but on Wednesday we got another big paper, from history class. Seniors took government class, so we had to write a ten-page paper comparing four different forms of government. Everyone groaned as soon as our teacher, Mr. Cavishter, assigned the paper, but he said we would have all of Thursday, Friday, and the next two weeks to work on it, without anything else in class, which lightened everyone’s mood, albeit just slightly. Amanda and I went out on Wednesday to an Irish pub. I told her I was Irish, and she said she actually was too, though she had moved to the U.S. after all of four days after being born, and then lived in a new state every single year. She had lived in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Nevada, California, and Washington. Amanda had also studied in Mexico for her junior year, since she was really interested in the Hispanic culture and Spanish language. Thursday and Friday flew by, and before I knew it, we were getting on the bus to head over to Covington to face a team that had won all four of their games by an average of 36 points. They got us this week and followed that with the other good team, Sea-Tac (short for Seattle-Tacoma) the next week, but then got a bunch more scrub teams to end the regular season before the state playoffs.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:54 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Week 5, Senior Year, Bellevue (WA)

I got really hype on the bus on the way to Covington. Almost too hype. On the first possession I completed all four of my passes and then Alex Howell ran for a short touchdown. I then threw an interception the next time out. We punted after that, then I threw another pick. Having held them scoreless, I then extended the lead with a 17 yard touchdown pass to Geo Sarria. I fumbled on the possession but one of our linemen recovered it. Following that with a field goal and 9-yard TD pass to Michael Weisbecker, we extended the lead to 24-0 before I fumbled, and they scored six points on the next drive, somehow missing the extra point. I then threw an interception on the second play of the next drive, and they made a field goal to pull it to 24-9, which was the final score despite me throwing two more interceptions, bringing my total to five on the game in addition to two fumbles, one of which was a turnover. I was, however, 23 for 35 for 331 yards and two touchdowns, and I ran 15 times, including 6 sacks and 2 kneeldowns, for a total loss of four yards. For obvious reasons, I did not talk to any college coaches after the game as they did not wish to talk to a guy who had just committed six turnovers.
I made the decision that drugs, whether I took them or not, were not contributing to my quality of play or whether we won or lost. At Timothy’s party (he had recovered from his stomach bug), I didn’t have anything to smoke or drink, but the next day, on Saturday, I invited Alex over, and we had a couple beers each and watched some good college football. The next week just kinda whizzed by as everyone was still pumped from our big win, so we really had zero homework and only one quiz in English that was an incredibly easy vocabulary matching quiz. I hoped that against Pasco, we could really put up some points and hopefully I wouldn’t turn the ball over a billion times like I had most other games. On Friday afternoon right before the game, Timothy offered me some cocaine, but I told him I wanted to be more relaxed for the game this week. He said unfortunately he was out of marijuana and so I would have to get myself relaxed for this game.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:31 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Favorite Team: White Sox
Riding "high" lol blaze it bruh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Thekidwithmittens wrote:
Riding "high" lol blaze it bruh

1:18 blaze it 8)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:20 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Long story short: 8,000 turnovers later, Bellevue wins the state championship after Kelton magically gets injured, and he has to quit football. I don't even know why I started this log in the first place.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

AgentP wrote:
Long story short: 8,000 turnovers later, Bellevue wins the state championship after Kelton magically gets injured, and he has to quit football. I don't even know why I started this log in the first place.

Wait so this is over?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AgentP wrote:

Wait so this is over?

yep. sorry to disappoint. Unfortunately this did seem to be a fairly popular log but I don't have the motivation to do it or any other logs at the moment.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: