Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Finn Talley and the Worcester Pirates ~ Proving Them Wrong
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:24 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
2015 MSC FOOTBALL PREVIEW

BOSTON BEARCATS

KEY PLAYERS
#1 Nate Gray (WR/CB) — Sophomore, 6-1, 150 — Gray is the team’s best deep threat and top cover corner.
#3 Marcus Williams (RB) — Junior, 5-9, 130 — Williams is a tough, quick runner who is adept at catching passes.
#11 Trey Gordon (QB/LB) — Junior, 6-5, 190 — Gordon hasn’t received any D-I offers yet, but he is certainly on his way. He was the team’s leading tackler last year.
#55 A.J. Williams (C/DT) — Sophomore, 6-2, 260 — Marcus’s younger brother is an athletic freak who is adept at stopping the run (and blocking for it).

The Bearcats return nearly all of their starters. If they can stay on the field, their studs will put this team in position to have a big season.

CAMBRIDGE LIONS

KEY PLAYERS
#1 Cody Cook (QB) — Freshman, 5-11, 130 — Freshman QB Cook will lead the team’s triple-option offense with his tough running style and good arm strength.
#7 Tommy Baker (QB/S) — Freshman, 5-10, 150 — Baker is a terrific safety who also serves as the team’s backup QB.
#15 Jason Gilbert (TE/DT) — Freshman, 6-7, 205 — If Gilbert figures out how to use his length properly, he could be a key player for this Lions team.
#21 Grant Goodley (TE/LB) — Junior, 6-3, 220 — One of the leaders of this team, Goodley will be a big contributor on both sides of the ball, serving as a safety net in the pass game.

Cambridge will confuse opponents with its triple-option attack, but the Lions are merely looking to gain some experience in their first MSC season.

FOXBOROUGH FALCONS

KEY PLAYERS
#1 Calvin Hunter (WR/S) — Sophomore, 6-2, 190 — Hunter is the team’s top receiver and a hard-hitting safety with a nose for the ball.
#4 Brett Bell (RB) — Sophomore, 5-6, 120 — Bell makes up for his small stature with his toughness and speed.
#7 Simon Young (QB) — Freshman, 6-1, 140 — Young is just now entering high school, but he has led this offense for three years and has great chemistry with his teammates.
#48 Carlos Santiago (TE/LB) — Sophomore, 6-4, 225 — Santiago is the team’s best linebacker. He will transition to a reserve role at tight end in order to save more of his energy for defense.

The Falcons are the tightest-knit group in the conference, and they’re not a bad football team either.

LOWELL DRAGONS

KEY PLAYERS
#3 Carson Harris (RB/DE) — Sophomore, 5-11, 140 — A team captain, Harris is a powerful runner determined to play at the next level.
#4 Reese Anderson (ATH) — Freshman, 6-2, 140 — Anderson is a playmaker who lines up all over the field for the Dragons. He boasts a 44-inch vertical leap.
#9 Tucker Davis (QB) — Freshman, 5-11, 150 — Davis uses his elite arm strength and toughness to helm this pro-style offense.
#13 Jayson McDougal (WR/CB) — Junior, 6-3, 160 — McDougal is a terrific cover corner and pass-catcher who already holds offers from a couple D-II programs.

The Dragons’ pass defense is stellar, and its offense has enough firepower to win a few close games.

PLYMOUTH WOLVES

KEY PLAYERS
#3 Connor Adams (QB/RB/CB) — Junior, 5-11, 140 — The junior will compete with Dylan Brown for the starting QB role. He is an accurate passer and an athletic runner.
#14 Dylan Brown (QB/RB/NB) — Junior, 6-4, 170 — The junior will compete with Connor Adams for the starting QB role. He boasts good arm strength and a powerful frame.
#15 Tanner Hill (ATH) — Freshman, 6-0, 140 — Hill is the biggest impact player in the conference, starring as a multi-positional offensive weapon, safety, and punter.
#71 Patrick Allen (LG/DT) — Junior, 6-7, 300 — Allen has received interest from big programs including Ohio State and Ole Miss.

If the Wolves can solve their quarterbacking questions, they should be able to win a handful of ballgames.

WORCESTER PIRATES

KEY PLAYERS
#1 Isaiah Hightower (RB/LB) — Junior, 6-1, 170 — Hightower will look to rebound from a sophomore season in which he struggled mightily, averaging just 2.2 yards per carry and eventually losing his starting job.
#5 Scott Peterson (QB/LB) — Junior, 6-3, 190 — Peterson is a leader on and off the field.
#23 Grant Lawrence (LG/DE) — Senior, 6-4, 170 — One of two seniors on the team, Lawrence is key to the Pirates’ run game and run defense.
#45 Finn Talley (TE/LB) — Freshman, 5-11, 140 — The youngster has impressed coaches with his play at H-back and middle linebacker over the summer.

The Pirates’ success depends on the play of Hightower and Peterson, both of whom are trying to bounce back from poor 2014-15 seasons.

POWER RANKINGS

1. Boston
2. Foxborough
3. Lowell
4. Plymouth
5. Worcester
6. Cambridge

PRESEASON AWARD PICKS

MVP: Trey Gordon, QB/LB, Boston
Newcomer: Grant Goodley, TE/LB, Cambridge
Most Improved: Stephen Cooper, FB/LB/K, Boston
Coach of the Year: Peter Polk, Boston

———————————————————————————————————

Hmm…it looks like they picked us second-to-last in the conference. Looks like we’ll have to prove them wrong…

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: Finn Talley and the Worcester Pirates ~ Proving Them Wro
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:35 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Nice! AgentP log!

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 17, 2015

“Finn, look at it.”

I turned to look out the window at the sunrise, and before I know it, I’ve been pantsed by my little sister Kelsey, who’s now laughing at my exposed Phineas and Ferb brief underwear. I flip her off, then pull my black shorts back up to where I like them — low enough to flash some underwear if I want to, but high enough that they’ll stay in their place usually — and head down for breakfast. Pouring myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes (they’re grrrrreat!) and a glass of chocolate milk, I sit down at the table and listen as Kelsey tells my dad about some art contest she’s entered. After I eat, I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and spike up my blonde hair, and after I’ve done that, I grab my backpack, lunch box, and football bag and walk down to the bus stop at the corner, where I’m met by Hayden and Hunter Eastman, twin brothers who live down the street. They’re both 13 years old, like me, but they’re a grade below me ‘cause I skipped second grade.

The bus pulls up, and we get on. I sit next to Maddie Chester, my best friend, and Hayden and Hunter sit across from us, and we talk about how excited we are the whole way there. Hayden tells us that he’s excited for everyone to see his mohawk and the skull-and-crossbones boxers he’s wearing, and Maddie tells us that her little brother loves showing his pirate boxers off (even though he’s super shy), and we end up talking about underwear for the rest of the bus ride. “My mom still makes me wear cartoon undies,” I say, “but she said she’d take me to the mall sometime this week for some late back-to-school shopping, so maybe I’ll get to buy some new underwear.”

Finally, we arrive at the school, and I immediately go to room 103, Mrs. Gregory’s room. Being such a small school, all of the freshmen—all seven of us—are in one room. And guess what? This is the biggest class on campus. The smallest are the two-student seventh and eighth grade classes, which got combined to form a whopping four-person class.

Anyways, Mrs. Gregory’s gonna start telling us important stuff soon, so I guess I gotta go. Bye!

Okay, I’m back now. We had a big assembly this morning to welcome us back to school, and I sat with Hayden and Hunter and Maddie. We tried to pay attention to what the principal was saying, but some middle-school boys behind us were throwing paper airplanes and making a bunch of noise. We then had a long gym class, and did a bunch of benchmark tests; then it was time for lunch, and we proceeded to the cafeteria after showering and changing in the locker room.

“Mmm, lasagna,” I said as I got into the line for the hot lunch; Maddie went to get the cold lunch (a turkey sandwich), and Hayden and Hunter were nowhere to be found ‘cause middle school had an earlier lunch period. The whole freshman class—all seven of us—sat at one table, and I got to know some of the other kids in our grade.

That afternoon, we had our first football practice; our first game was that Friday, and with no real preparation, I was worried that we would do poorly. But we had a lot of talent, and we didn’t install a bunch of plays. I was quickly inserted as a starter on both sides of the ball—as the middle linebacker on defense, and as an H-back (kind of a hybrid tight end/fullback) on offense. After practice, I showered again and went home, and that’s where I am now, so I’m gonna start talking in present tense again.

It’s only 4:16, and I don’t have any homework, so I’m gonna play some video games. I’m also gonna take my shirt off, ‘cause it feels good and also ‘cause it pisses my mom off for several reasons. Sure enough, she came in and scolded me for a) not wearing a shirt and b) sagging my pants and showing my underwear. But she never does anything about it, she’s cool like that I guess.

I play Call of Duty for a couple hours, then it’s dinnertime and I turn the Xbox off and go wash my hands. Putting my red tank top back on, I set everyone’s place at the table, then sit down in my usual seat, across from Kelsey, at the round table. My dad comes home and changes into a T-shirt and jeans, and we all sit down at the table, plates loaded with hot dogs, mac-n-cheese, and strawberries, to say grace and eat.

After we eat, my dad and I sit down to watch the Red Sox play the Indians—they lose 8 to 2, and it’s off to bed for me; Kelsey goes to bed at 8 o’clock, so she’s already fast asleep. I take another quick shower and put on my pajamas for bed; my parents come in to say prayers and kiss me goodnight shortly thereafter, and I fall asleep almost immediately.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:53 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 18, 2015

I wake up bright and early the next morning, early enough that I get to flip my own pancakes for breakfast — and I do it all in my Spider-Man briefs, ‘cause no one can stop me.

After I eat, I put on a pair of black basketball shorts and a matching tank top and go in my room to read for a little while. The whole day is pretty boring — we have tests in math and history to see what we do and don’t know, but that’s it — and even football practice bores me. I get re-energized, though, when my mom picks me up and tells me we’re going to the mall. “Hey, Mom,” I ask, “can I get some new underwear too, while we’re at the mall?” “Sure,” she nods, “get whatever you want.”

Like I said, my mom’s awesome.

I ended up getting a bunch of underwear at several different stores, deciding to try out as many different brands and styles as possible — I think I ended up spending well over four hundred bucks just on underwear, and then I bought a bunch of other clothes on top of that, bringing our total to “about half of a month’s salary”, according to my mom. And my mom’s job pays well.

Next, we eat dinner at the food court — I decide to have a ham sandwich at Subway — and go home, where I spend most of the evening rearranging my dresser to make room for everything. I get really tired after that, and fall asleep without even showering or changing.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 19, 2015

I wake up early again, and I take a nice, long shower and put on some of my new clothes. Inspired by Hayden and Chad (Maddie’s brother), I put on a pair of skull-patterned boxers that I got at Gap yesterday. I put on a pair of normal-cut jeans (also from Gap) and a blue Sonic T-shirt that I got at JCPenney, and adjust my jeans so that a bunch of my boxers are showing. I then go down to breakfast, and I eat a bowl of Frosted Flakes again, pairing it with a glass of strawberry milk this time. I then go up to the bathroom to brush my teeth and spike my hair, and from there it’s on to the bus stop, where I get a compliment from Hayden on my outfit — he likes my boxers — although a couple other kids get on me for sagging. Whatever.

For football practice, I change into a pair of Adidas performance boxer briefs. They’re black, like the “Worcester Football” shorts I put on over them; I slip on my knee pads and head out to the practice field. After another two hours of hard work, our defensive assistant, Larry Lamb, comes up to me and tells me that he thinks I can be his “star” defensive player based on what he’s seen in practice this week. I look him in the eyes. “You really think so?” I say excitedly. “Yeah. You’re a natural playmaker — you read the quarterback like no one else I’ve ever seen — and you’ve got enough athletic ability to make it all work,” Coach Lamb says, and I beam wide. “So…what do I need to do to really become that star that you think I can be?” I ask. “Well, if you really want to be a star player, you’ve gotta work extra hard in practices. I’ll push you even harder if you truly want this, but the results will be incredible, if you follow my coaching.” I tell him that I’m all in. Then I go home and play video games for three hours, as my sister watches on and talks to me about school and boys and clothes. It sounds boring, but it’s really not; I quite enjoy spending time with her, ‘cause I know that one day I’ll be off at some university and we won’t be able to talk to each other like this.

What did she have to say about school? Well, she likes learning, so naturally she likes school, but she’s a bit disappointed ‘cause her class has only four kids in it. Luckily for her, though, the other three are all boys — thus, she has her pick, should she want to get into the dating world. She knows Hayden and Hunter pretty well ‘cause they’re my friends too, but she’s not sure if she’d want to date either of them. Ryan Robinson, on the other hand, is a total question mark; Kelsey says she thinks his little brother, Jack, is really cute, though, but she doesn’t know much about Ryan himself other than that he’s the only other seventh grader at the school. As for clothes, she’s not all that much into girls’ fashion (she almost always just wears a tank top and some shorts), but she’s really interested in boys’ fashion and all the psychology behind it — i.e., why boys are inclined to like certain styles and brands of clothing, and stuff like that. I decide to turn off my game and talk to her more about this, but of course my mom comes in and tells us that dinner’s ready right then, and we have to save the conversation for later.

After we eat, of course, my dad wants to watch the Sox game, and of course I agree. Kelsey ends up going to bed even earlier than usual, but I promise her that I’ll talk with her tomorrow afternoon; the Sox win 6-4, so I guess it’s not all bad.

Every night, I take what I call a “speed shower” — I try to get in and out (while still getting everything done) in less than a minute. This night is no different; I fall just short of my goal, timing myself at one minute and five seconds. I mark this down on a chart that I have set up — times in green are good, times in red are bad, times in blue are “neutral”, like this one (because I was so close to the goal). I dress myself in my pajamas; the waistband of my boxer briefs pokes out above that of my pajama pants, reading “GAP” all the way around. It takes me a while to fall asleep, but I finally doze off around eleven o’clock.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 20, 2015

Today was pretty boring. Even football practice was a little dull as we only had a short walkthrough practice. I walked home as usual, and immediately showered and changed. When I got done, Kelsey was sitting on the couch waiting for me, and I tell her to fire away with any questions she has. It’s almost like I’m being interviewed.

“Question one. What are you wearing right now?” I tell her — I’m wearing a white tank top, a pair of relaxed-fit jeans, and a pair of American Eagle trunks — in pink, no less. “Okay, I’ll start with the shirt. Why a tank top?” I tell her that I think tank tops are more comfortable than T-shirts, or any other kind of shirt, for that matter. And I add that I chose a white tank top because I’m just hanging out at home — there’s no need to get dressed up if you’re just chilling with the fam. Kelsey laughs when I say fam. “Okay,” she laughs again, “what about the jeans? Why relaxed fit? Why jeans instead of shorts? It is August, after all.” I don’t really know why I decided to wear jeans, so I make up some BS explanation, and Kelsey doesn’t buy one bit of it. I decide to go change into some shorts, and when I get back, Kelsey grills me on those too. I’m ready this time. “I’m wearing these shorts—these exact shorts—because I want to be ready to beat you in one-on-one at a moment’s notice,” I fire back, and she cracks up again. Then she asks me about the underwear. She thinks that the underwear is the most important part of fashion, for boys and girls; this is something the two of us have in common. She asks me first why I decided to go with the low-rise trunks, rather than a more athletic trunk, or just regular boxers or briefs. “I like that they’re longer than briefs, but not too long; although, I think I prefer the athletic trunks to these,” I tell her. She then asks why I decided to wear pink underwear. “What color underwear are you wearing?” I ask, turning the question around. “Pink,” she says. “DOUBLE STANDARDS!” I cry sarcastically, and it’s on to the next question; she asks me why I decided to go with American Eagle underwear. I tell her, plain and simple, that I find their underwear to be more comfortable than most of the other brands I’ve tried so far.

Our topic of conversation then slowly transitions from simply fashion to other trends, though we start with the pants-sagging trend that’s become so popular with kids our age. Admittedly, I sag a little bit, but I usually just have my waistband exposed, and maybe a little bit of the pattern; I’ve seen people whose pants hang so low that they’re always tripping or having to hold them up, and it just seems ridiculous to me. We then talk about drugs, and I tell her that I think drugs are awful. “I’m sure my opinion will change, but I just don’t think it’s necessary. We’re having a good time, and we’re not on drugs. So it’s not necessary.” We then talk about tattoos. I say that I think getting a tattoo would be cool, and Kelsey says that she’s wanted one since she was seven years old. Our final topic of conversation is piercings — Kelsey says she likes ear piercings on both boys and girls, but nothing else; I share this feeling, although I’m not sure that I’d ever want to get my own ears pierced.

After we eat, I go into my room and read for a while until I decide to go to bed early; it’s only about 8:55 when I doze off.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:35 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 21, 2015

“GAME DAY!” I excitedly yell as I eat my french toast. I’m fired up for this game, but the day seems to just drag on; finally, though, it’s 2:30, and the final bell rings. I dash over to the locker room and change out of my jeans and T-shirt and into a white Under Armour tank top and my white football pants. My mom comes up to the school and meets me out in the quad, where she gives me a bag with my pre-game meal — a 12-pack of nuggets from Chick-Fil-A and a bottle of water — and a big hug. I take my time eating, and eventually some other kids start coming in to hang out before the game, which isn’t until five o’clock. At 3:30, we all put on our jerseys and go out to the field to stretch and warm up. At 4:30, we finish our warm-ups, and at 4:40, head coach Michael Lawrence leads us in a prayer. Tyler Richardson and Grant Lawrence, our two seniors, go out for the coin toss; we win the toss and choose to receive first.

Our first play of the game is a run for 32 yards by our junior tailback Isaiah Hightower; but we can’t get anything else going, and we have to kick a field goal…which we miss. From there, we trade punts back-and-forth for three possessions, and then Isaiah busts another 32-yard run, this one for a touchdown. Their first play of the next drive is, of course, a fifty yard touchdown run; in the second quarter, we strike again on a 23-yard pass to Tyler. I finally get my first tackle on the next possession, and my first catch (for 16 yards) on the first play after we force a three-and-out. Isaiah scores again, this time from 29 yards out, to put us up 21-7. They put in their backup quarterback, a lefty, and he tosses a twenty-yard touchdown pass to cut the lead to seven. Our QB throws an interception on the next possession…and they give it right back, but we can’t do anything with it; we punt, and after one last Hail Mary attempt, we go into halftime with a 21-14 lead.

At halftime, Coach Lamb lights into me. “You call that being a star player?” he yells. “N-no sir,” I hesitate, and he pats my shoulder. “Well, if you want to be a star, you better start playing like one.” He leaves it at that, and I come out with a vengeance in the second half, picking up two tackles on the first possession, helping pave the way for two more touchdown runs by Isaiah, and adding a pass breakup and another solo tackle on their final possession. We take a 35-20 lead into the fourth quarter, and the score is 42-28 when I pick off a pass that I think should seal the game for us. Coach Lawrence pulls our starting QB and puts in his backup, Zach Lawrence; Zach is a lot more athletic than our starter, Scott Peterson, but he’s not as accurate a passer or as good a decision-maker — this shows when he loses a fumble (which is returned for a touchdown) and then throws an interception (also returned for a touchdown), tying the game. We bring Scott back in for the final possession, and he manages to get us in field-goal range. Our kicker doesn’t miss this one, and we win the ballgame, 45-42.

After the game, Isaiah is a popular target for the local reporters; they nearly all flock to him in the locker room, trying to get an interview. “He did have 209 yards and 4 touchdowns, after all,” Ryan Robinson says from a locker across from me. “Good game, by the way,” he adds, and he slips out the back door of the locker room. “Thanks,” I say as I take off my football uniform. I shower, change, and walk out to the school parking lot, where my mom and my sister are waiting for me. “Where’s Dad?” I ask, but I get rudely ignored. I move my hand over to change the radio station—and my mom slaps it away violently. “What the f***?” I yell. She slaps me again, this time in the face. Kelsey unbuckles her seatbelt and moves between us, but I’m already out of the car. I sulk back into the locker room, where I sit down at my locker and start crying.

Then the door swings open, and three little kids come darting into the room. I try to hide my head in my hands, but the smallest of them — a young boy with his light hair in a mohawk — notices me crying and asks “what’s wrong?” I look into his shimmering blue eyes. What the heck, he seems trustworthy. I explain everything to him — starting with right after the game, ‘cause he quickly told me “I was there” when I started to tell him about that — and when I’m done, he climbs onto and sits in my lap and starts tickling me on the chin. Finally, he introduces himself. “My name’s Evan Hill,” he says, “and I’m seven years old. This is my sister Carly—“ he points to a girl standing behind him “—and this—“ he points to the other boy “—is my friend Alex. His brother is the quarterback.”

It turns out that Scott and his parents are still hanging around, and they end up taking me, along with the other three kids, home with them. Mr. Peterson insists on calling my mom to tell her I’m okay, but she refuses to talk to me. After we all watch an episode of SportsCenter, Mrs. Peterson sends Alex, Evan, and Carly to bed, and Scott and I decide to go out to the backyard and hang out for a while. As soon as he shuts the back door, he starts to thank me. “Wait a minute. What are you thanking me for?” I ask, and he says that he’s thanking me for taking his spot at middle linebacker, ‘cause it allowed him to focus more on being a quarterback. “God knows we don’t need Zach back there trying to be Johnny Manziel 2.0,” he laughs. I frown. “Wait. Are you saying you don’t trust Zach at QB?” He brushes it off. “No, no, no, it’s not that. He’s got the talent — he’s got more talent than me, in my opinion. But he tries to do too much out there, and it shows. He wants to be the star player. I’ve come to realize that it’s not all about that. You have to be a great leader and a great decision-maker to play QB. And that’s where I think he falls short.” I nod and pick up a baseball that had been lying at my feet. “You play?” I ask him. “Yeah. Third base,” he says. “Cool. I’m a pitcher myself. Wanna throw?”

We then play catch for a long time, well past my regular bedtime of 9:30, and we talk the whole time, getting to know each other more and more with every toss back and forth. “Alright, it’s getting late, maybe we should head inside,” he finally says, and once we get back inside, I take a shower and quickly fall asleep in the Petersons’ guest bedroom, a spacious room on the second story.

August 22, 2015

I wake up feeling very refreshed after a good night of sleep. Man, I needed that. I put on my clothes from the night before and walk downstairs for breakfast. “Take your pick,” Mrs. Peterson says as she points to a row of cabinets full of different breakfast foods — most of them cereals. I decide to have a bowl of Apple Jacks and a glass of orange juice. Alex comes down next and sits next to me, whispering in my ear that it’s Scott’s eighteenth birthday today. As I eat, I read the sports section of the paper, paying special attention to the high school section, where the results of the three games from last night are listed.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

WEEK 1

It was an exciting first week of MSC football with three games separated by a total of eleven points. Isaiah Hightower had a huge game for Worcester, running for 209 yards and 4 touchdowns on just 15 attempts in the Pirates’ 45-42 win over Foxborough, which was won on a 43-yard field goal by Matthew McQueen as time expired. Wide receiver Jack Robinson also played a big role in the Worcester victory, catching 12 passes for 60 yards (both team highs). The fifth-grader may be physically overmatched on the field, but he doesn’t let it get to his head. “I’m just out there having fun, dude,” he told reporters after the game.

Cambridge 31, Boston 30

Cambridge…7-0-14-10
Boston……..3-0-18-9

SCORING SUMMARY
(1) Cody Cook 23 pass to Grant Goodley (Kevin Jackson kick)
(1) Stephen Cooper 37 FG
(3) Tommy Baker 5 pass to Colton Crowley (Jackson kick)
(3) S.Cooper 39 FG
(3) Baker 6 run (Jackson kick)
(3) Josh Blunt 58 kickoff return (S.Cooper kick)
(3) Marcus Williams 14 run (Trey Gordon pass to Deon Wesley)
(4) S.Cooper 2 run (kick failed)
(4) Cook 2 run (Jackson kick)
(4) S.Cooper 35 FG
(4) Jackson 52 FG

RUSHING: Cambridge: Cook 7-48, Andy Grove 8-44, Baker 4-30, Zack Smith 5-20, Crowley 1-0. Boston: M.Williams 9-32, Blunt 3-16, Gordon 7-12, S.Cooper 4-5.
PASSING: Cambridge: Cook 3-11-0-40, Baker 2-3-0-22. Boston: Gordon 13-22-1-121.
RECEIVING: Cambridge: Goodley 3-47, Jason Gilbert 1-10, Crowley 1-5. Boston: Josh Cooper 4-56, Wesley 1-46, Nate Gray 5-15, M.Williams 2-9, Blunt 1-(-5).

PLAYER OF THE GAME: Tommy Baker (2 total touchdowns, 5 tackles, 2 pass breakups, 1 interception)

Lowell 28, Plymouth 21

Plymouth…0-7-0-14
Lowell……14-6-0-8

SCORING SUMMARY
(1) Tucker Davis 1 run (Matthew Harris kick)
(1) Carson Harris 2 run (M.Harris kick)
(2) M.Harris 42 FG
(2) Connor Adams 42 pass to Ryan Brown (Will Wiggins kick)
(2) M.Harris 31 FG
(4) Con.Adams 1 pass to Cody Adams (Tanner Hill run)
(4) Dylan Brown 2 run (pass failed)
(4) Clay Gomes 0 blocked punt return (Davis pass to Will Griffin)

RUSHING: Plymouth: Con.Adams 5-29, D.Brown 6-4. Lowell: Reese Anderson 4-22, C.Harris 10-17, Shane Gomes 6-17, Cody Thompson 2-5, Davis 1-1.
PASSING: Plymouth: Con.Adams 8-14-0-110, D.Brown 5-15-1-28. Lowell: Davis 12-21-1-78.
RECEIVING: Plymouth: Cod.Adams 4-69, R.Brown 3-35, Brandon Wheeler 2-17, T.Hill 2-15, Tom Wheeler 2-2. Lowell: Reese Anderson 4-60, Jayson McDougal 4-19, Griffin 1-4, S.Gomes 3-3.

PLAYER OF THE GAME: Reese Anderson (98 all-purpose yards, 3 tackles, 1 pass breakup, 1 fumble recovery)

Worcester 45, Foxborough 42

Foxborough…7-7-6-22
Worcester…..7-14-14-10

SCORING SUMMARY
(1) Isaiah Hightower 31 run (Matthew McQueen kick)
(1) Simon Young 50 run (Sean Brown kick)
(2) Scott Peterson 23 pass to Tyler Richardson (McQueen kick)
(2) Hightower 29 run (McQueen kick)
(2) Jake Jones 20 pass to Jackson Berry (Brown kick)
(3) Hightower 20 run (McQueen kick)
(3) Young 25 pass to Berry (kick failed)
(3) Hightower 29 run (McQueen kick)
(4) Brett Bell 49 run (Jak.Jones run)
(4) Peterson 32 pass to Eli James (McQueen kick)
(4) Ian Lewis 41 fumble return (Brown kick)
(4) Berry 40 interception return (Brown kick)
(4) McQueen 43 FG

RUSHING: Foxborough: Young 7-86, Bell 6-78, Jak.Jones 5-25. Worcester: Hightower 15-209, Chris Turner 4-7, Zach Lawrence 2-3.
PASSING: Foxborough: Jak.Jones 7-11-2-56, Young 3-7-0-34. Worcester: Peterson 18-24-1-151, Z.Lawrence 2-3-1-11.
RECEIVING: Foxborough: Berry 4-52, Calvin Hunter 4-30, Jeff Lowe 2-8. Worcester: Jack Robinson 12-60, Richardson 4-43, James 1-32, Finn Talley 2-21, Kellen Lawrence 1-6.

PLAYER OF THE GAME: Isaiah Hightower (15 attempts, 209 yards, 4 touchdowns)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:09 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

When Scott finally comes downstairs, we all shout “Happy Birthday!” He blushes and walks into the kitchen, where he sees the special batch of chocolate-chip pancakes his mom had made for him and starts to tear up. “Aww, you didn’t have to,” he says as he hugs her. After he eats, we gather in the living room and Scott opens his presents, which include a new laptop, a wood baseball bat, and a pack of Marlboros. Scott looks at his dad, who nods and hands him a lighter.

Scott drives me home in his Jeep, puffing on a cigarette from the second we pull out of the driveway until he turns onto my street, at which point he takes the cigarette out of his mouth and looks into my eyes. “This sucks,” he says. “What?” I ask. “The cigarette. It tastes awful.” He flicks the cigarette onto the street below. Then we’re in front of my house. I take a deep breath. “Well, see you Monday,” I say as I open the car door and jump out. I walk up the driveway and in the back door, where my dad intercepts me and guides me upstairs. “You might want to stay away from your mother right now,” he whispers, “she’s been a bit on edge lately, for some reason.”

I’m just kidding, I made all of that up. It was Scott’s birthday, but my dad came to pick me up before he opened his gifts. I’m a good writer, aren’t I, for convincing you that that was real…

Anyhow, when we get home, I say hi to everyone and go up to my room. After I shower and change into clean clothes, I play Call of Duty in my room the whole rest of the day, only stopping to eat lunch (pizza) and dinner (also pizza) and go to the bathroom (once). I finally turn off the Xbox and go to bed at about one o’clock the next morning…

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 23, 2015

I wake up just before noon, cursing myself for staying up so late. We always go to the 11:00 church service, but I guess my parents decided to let me sleep in. In any case, I have the house all to myself for a while. I’m gonna take advantage of it by listening to music real loud while I do my Spanish and math homework. Needless to say, it’s pretty lit.

When my family gets home, we go out to lunch together at Which Wich. I decide to get a corned beef sandwich and a chocolate milkshake, and they’re both delicious. At lunch, my mom apologizes for what happened Friday night, and I forgive her. After we eat, we go home, and we spend the afternoon playing Monopoly. Dad wins both games, then we eat dinner (pizza once again), then we play another game, which—surprise, surprise—Dad wins. After that, we all go upstairs. After putting Kelsey to bed, my parents go back downstairs, and I go into my room. I decide to read a little bit of a book I’ve been working on, the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid novel, and after reading about a chapter, I begin to grow tired. I shower and brush my teeth, put on a fresh pair of boxers, and fall asleep just as the clock on my wall strikes 9:00.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 24, 2015

I wake up the next morning at six o’clock sharp, energized and ready for the day. Then I remember that it’s Monday. Ugh.

Kelsey barges into my room not a moment after I finish undressing, and I quickly pull on a random pair of underpants—a pair of my old Superman briefs that I accidentally put on backwards—just as she finishes turning my doorknob.

“Nice undies, dweeb,” she teases as she steps into my room. I flip her off and groan. “Gimme a second,” I plead, and she steps back out into the hallway and closes the door. I fling the tattered undies to the side and put on a pair of American Eagle trunks, then tell her it’s okay to come back in. I finish dressing as she re-enters my room, putting on a gray tank top, gray basketball shorts, and gray ankle socks to match my gray low-rise trunks.

We hang out for a while, eventually making our way into the kitchen, where I pour both of us bowls of Frosted Flakes and glasses of milk—mine chocolate, hers strawberry. After we eat and get ready, we say good-bye to Mom and Dad and head down to the bus stop, where Hayden and Hunter are (as always) already waiting for us. We talk about our weekends and stuff, and Hayden says he’s really excited for their cross-country meet tomorrow.

The day goes by pretty quickly…until Kellen tells me that we have a bio test 7th hour, and I start to panic. The time really flies by then, giving me no time to study, and suddenly it’s time. I decide to turn to my last resort.

I cheat on the test.

I feel guilty the whole time, and after I turn it in and go back to sit down, I can’t seem to get it off my mind. As a result, I have an awful football practice and an even worse afternoon, and it’s not until dinner that I finally realize what I have to do.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:22 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 25, 2015

“Mrs. Gregory, I have something to confess,” I say the next morning, shortly after I walk into class. “I cheated on the test yesterday.”

Mrs. Gregory scowls at me. “I’m surprised, Finn,” she says.

“I know,” I say, hanging my head. “I’m prepared to accept the punishment.”

The punishment is a zero on the test and two days of ISS (in-school suspension).

My day sucks, and I can’t even go to football practice because of the suspension. I talk to Kelsey about everything when I get home, and she advises me to tell Mom and Dad as soon as possible, because “better they find out from you now than from your teacher a month later,” she says. I agree, and we decide to go out to the driveway and play a game of H-O-R-S-E.

My first shot is a hook shot from the free-throw line, and it swishes through perfectly. Kelsey laughs and drains the shot.

My second shot is a fadeaway from the baseline. Kelsey watches as I miss the shot, then drains it herself. I miss again. H.

Kelsey walks out to the end of the driveway and underhands the ball. Swish again. My attempt falls five yards short of the rim. H-O.

Kelsey spots up and drills home a three-pointer from the left wing. I fling my attempt over the backboard. H-O-R.

She takes the same shot from the right wing. I fling my attempt over the backboard. H-O-R-S.

Finally, she misses a shot, and so do I, and so does she, and I finally make one, a left-handed reverse layup. She lays her attempt in perfectly off the glass. I air-ball a stepback from the wing. She drains a three from the mailbox. I flip her off, then air-ball that shot. H-O-R-S-E.

I take off my shoes and shirt and flop down on the grass. Kelsey joins me (although she doesn’t take off her shirt, for obvious reasons), and we lay there, making shapes out of the clouds and talking about life, for two hours before my dad finally comes home. Mom’s at some women’s ministry thing at church, so it’s just the three of us for dinner, which means we get to go to McDonald’s.

Dad parks his truck in the driveway and gets out. He doesn’t even notice us laying there in the grass until Kelsey speaks up. “Hi, Dad,” she shouts. “How was your day?”

I lay motionless, my shirt still hanging from a tree branch and my shorts still sagging below my hips, as Dad responds. “Pretty good, pretty good,” he says as he turns to look at her. “How about yours?”

“Oh, it was nothing special,” she says, and she gets up, leaving me still laying there.
“Nice undies, Finn,” my dad comments as he takes his briefcase out of the trunk and walks toward the front door.

I wait until he looks away, then extend my middle finger in his direction. I finally get up and put my shirt and shoes back on, but I’m so muddy from the wet ground (it rained on both Sunday and Monday) that I have to take a shower anyways. I do so, then change into clean clothes, putting on a green Pokemon T-shirt and some skinny jeans. We go to McDonald’s, splitting a 20-piece box of McNuggets and a large order of fries, then back home, where Mom is waiting for us. Once we’ve all settled in, I take a deep breath and start talking.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: