Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about basketball. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NBA. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: The Story of Simon Young | NBA 2K14 | Part 2
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
August 12, 2013

Time for orientation.

I packed my bags and got in my car, and drove to my new school. I had graduated from Foxborough High in Massachusetts in March, and I was headed to freshman orientation at...the University of Texas at Arlington. How did I end up here? Well, it's a long story, but I'll tell it to you.

I was always an athlete, dating back to my first day of basketball in first grade. I had worked hard, and my senior year I averaged 15 points, 6 assists, and 2.7 steals to lead our team to the conference finals, where we lost to Lowell by 1. Lowell was where my roommate, Pete Grossman, was from. He had averaged 22 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks per game. Both of us had attracted Division II offers from all over the place, but only UT Arlington wanted both of us, and it was Division I. Their coach, Scott Cross, had flown up to Boston for the final game and met with us both afterwards, and we became “preferred walk-ons” on the basketball team.

So, that was how I ended up here. I was going to do a "personalized major" in sports management, which was basically the Management major they offered with internships at sports programs. I was also planning on taking a few classes in sports-related science (kinesiology). I dreamed of one day either playing or working in the NBA, and the combination of being on the team and taking this particular major would benefit me greatly.

Our orientation was to start at 11, and it was 10:50, so I started to socialize with some of the other kids in my group. "Hey, are you in Vandergriff Hall too?" I asked one kid with brown hair, who was wearing a black tank top and matching basketball shorts. "Yeah, my name's Carter. What's yours?" "I'm Simon Young, and I'm from Massachusetts. I'm playing on the basketball team here," I said. "That's cool. I'm trying to walk on to the team," he said. "What position do you play?" I asked. Carter told me that he played forward in high school, but that he was only 6-foot-3 and probably would play guard if he made the team. He happened to mention that he was in the room next to mine, and I told him we would have to get together another time. Carter also introduced me to his roommate, Jaxon King. He was also wearing shorts, but with a T-shirt. We started talking, and I learned that Jaxon was from Oklahoma, and wanted to play football. "Looks like you made a mistake...They don't have football here," I pointed out. "I guess I'll play something else then," he decided quickly as he went to talk to someone else.

I walked around to find someone else, but our leader showed up and we started the orientation. Pete came and joined the group without our leader noticing. We split into two groups based on which dorm we were in; from this I learned that Jaxon and Carter were in Vandergriff Hall, like Pete and I. After our orientation, everyone started going to their rooms. Pete and I went out to his truck and started carrying stuff in like our bags as well as the TV, refrigerator, and microwave we had split the cost of. After we finished moving in, I walked down the hall. Each door had two names on it, the two people who were staying there. Pete and I were in room 201, and next to us in 203 were Carter and Jaxon. We helped them move in as well, and hung out for a while.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: The Story of Simon Young | NBA 2K14 | Part 2
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:03 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 13, 2013

I woke up and took a while to adjust to my surroundings. I figured out that I was not at home, then remembered that I had 6 days until my first day of college...We got our schedules today, and I had elected not to take any classes after 2 pm on any days, and I only had one Friday class. I glanced down and saw that my roommate, Pete, was still sleeping. I crept down the stairs of our bunk bed and started to get ready for the Tuesday ahead of us. I put on an all-white outfit: my T-shirt, basketball shorts, socks, and shoes were all white (I did have on black compression shorts, though). I made sure not to wake up Pete as I did all of this. He did wake up on his own pretty quickly, though. Pete got dressed and we headed down to the dining hall for breakfast. I had waffles, eggs, sausage, and orange juice, while Pete had pancakes, bacon, and milk.

After we ate, we went down to the campus recreational center to play some basketball. It was just us for a while, so we played one-on-one. I could make longer shots than Pete could, but he was stronger and bigger than me, so the advantages balanced out to an even game. I was winning when a few more people started to come into the gym. They all watched us finish our game. I was winning 17-14 when Pete got on a roll and blocked two of my shots, scoring each time to pull ahead by one. I immediately took the ball, faked a shot from 3, and drove for an easy layup. With a 19-18 lead, I let Pete drive me to the hoop and score. Again I took the ball at the 3-point line, but this time I let it fly. The shot bounced off the backboard perfectly, and looked like it was going in, but it rimmed out at the last second. Pete grabbed the rebound and cleared it by dribbling to the 3-point line. I hung back in the paint in case he drove, but Pete pulled up at the elbow for a jump shot, which he banked in. “Good game,” I told him. We both hung around to see who all had showed up. I recognized Carter, who was wearing a gray tank top and black shorts, and Jaxon, who was wearing a red T-shirt and shorts. One taller guy came in and started working, and I found out that he was the star player, Brandon Edwards. There were also a couple other guys that came in. One looked stuck-up and was wearing expensive-looking clothes and sunglasses. The other had tattoos from his shoulders to his elbows, and was in tattered workout clothes. I worked out with Pete and Carter for a while, as Jaxon practiced on a side basket, and Edwards noticed us and came over. “You guys are pretty good, who are you?” he asked. “I’m Simon Young, the tall one is Pete Grossman, and we’re both on the basketball team here,” I said. Carter introduced himself as well, but said he was not on the team yet. “Well, I think we should get a game going here. Should we do two-on-two or grab those guys and go three-on-three?” he asked as he pointed toward Jaxon and the tattooed dude. Carter went and talked to Jaxon, and I walked over to the tattoo guy to ask if he wanted to play. He was very quiet, and didn’t want to talk much, but he said his name was Conor Neal and that he “guessed he could play if we needed him”. I brought him over to the group and we divided into teams. “How about myself, Simon, and this guy-“ “-Conor-“ “okay, me, Simon, and Conor against you three,” Pete suggested. Everyone agreed that those teams were fair and we started playing. Conor got on a roll to start the game, making several three-pointers in a row. But Brandon dominated inside, and made a nice pass to Jaxon for an assist. We were playing to 21, and had to win by 2, with the current score at 15 to 14, our team in the lead. I got the ball, and passed to Conor. Everyone expected him to shoot, but I cut to the basket, he passed to me, and I scored on an easy layup. Carter and Jaxon hung out in the backcourt, passing back and forth aimlessly, and then suddenly fired a pass to Brandon, who leaped up, caught the ball, and slam-dunked it. We tried the same strategy, but I was covered, and Conor had to pass to Pete. I ran back outside and Pete passed to me, then went into the post. I lobbed a pass for him, and he tried to back Brandon down. He could not, and decided to try a spin move, which worked. Pete set his feet and put up a left-handed jump shot from about 12 feet, which sank through the net. In desperation, Carter “shot” a three, which had no chance of going in. I got the rebound and dribbled out to the perimeter. Pete came and set a screen for me, and as I went around him, Conor got open from the three-point line. I faked a pass to Pete, and dished the ball to Conor. He caught, set, and lobbed up a fake shot. Pete caught it in the air, and dunked it, winning the game for us.

Jaxon’s mouth hung open. “You did all of that on the spot?” he asked. “Yep,” I said excitedly as I went to congratulate my teammates. Brandon, Carter, and Jaxon all left, leaving just Pete, Conor, myself, and the snobby kid who was still just watching us. Pete mumbled to Conor something about going for a walk or going back to our room, and Conor pointed at the snobby guy and said that was his roommate. I walked over to try and talk to him. “I’m Simon, what’s your name?” I asked as I extended my hand for a shake. “I’m Rich, and I’m rich,” he said with a smirk. “Are you Conor’s roommate?” I asked. “Yeah, I guess, but you can take him if you want, or whatever,” he said. “Do you play basketball?” I asked him, wondering why else he would be in the gym. “Nah, not really, I was pretty good in middle school, but I had to stop playing.” “So why are you here?” I asked. He got defensive, and raised his voice, saying “Because I want to. You got a problem with that?” “N-No, I don’t, just wondering...” My voice trailed off and was replaced by Conor’s. “Well, if you don’t mind, Rich, I would like to go hang out with these two.” “I don’t care,” he said dismissively.

We left, and decided to just go on a walk around campus. By talking to him, I found out that Conor was studying music, with a business minor. “Oh, you like music?” I asked. “Yeah,” he said with a sheepish grin. “What kind?” “Well, I like rock, and some hip-hop.” “Really? Me too,” I said. “I love rock, what’s your favorite band?” Pete asked. “Well...I don’t know, I guess...” Conor got lost in thought. “Don’t have one?” “Yeah...yeah, sure, I don’t really have one.” “Well, that’s certainly okay. Mine’s the Beatles,” Pete replied. “So, are you just studying, like, music history or actually working on an instrument or voice?” I asked Conor. “Well, right now, I’m taking classes in voice and hip-hop - it’s kinda both, they teach you history and how to make hip-hop music,” he said. I changed the subject. “Cool. I noticed that you have a lot of tattoos,” I started. “Yeah, I like most forms of art, and tattoos were a way to express some of my personality visibly. Since I don’t really like talking much, my tattoos give people an idea of what I like before I say anything,” Conor said. “So, you like music, hockey, basketball, and skateboarding?” “Yeah,” Conor said, resuming his quiet tone. “I like to skateboard too, and obviously I play basketball. That’s cool that we have stuff in common like that. Want to come back to my room and chill?” I asked. “Sure,” he said.

We headed back to our room. “All we have right now is a bed, our bags, a TV, and a microwave,” Pete said. “That’s alright, I wasn’t expecting much. Rich brought a ton of stuff, though I almost don’t like it.” “What do you mean?” I asked. “Well, I don’t like that he just wants to show off and brag about how much money he has and stuff,” Conor said. “I got you,” I said. I turned on the TV, but couldn’t find anything good to watch. “Want to stay here with us, like for good?” “Sure, if our RA will let us,” Conor said. “I don’t think they’ll care, as long as we’re all in the dorm,” Pete told him. “I’ll go across the hall and grab my stuff, then, and leave a note,” Conor said.

A few minutes later, Conor walked back into the room with two bags. One, he said, was all his stuff, and the other had a sleeping bag and a pillow in it. “You don’t have to sleep on the floor,” I said. “No, I actually kinda like it,” he said. We got bored, and decided to go out again. I had brought my board, as had Conor, and we decided to go find a skate park and hang out there. Pete came with us, to keep us company, and we went down to find one. The closest spot was at Randol Mill Park, so we took the long walk up there. “We don’t have anything else to do, really, so why not?” I said.

We skated for almost five hours before heading back, just in time to hit Smiling Moose Deli for dinner. I got a hot ham sandwich, Pete got a turkey sandwich, and Conor got a vegetarian sub. After that, we all headed back to our one room to hang out. Nothing was going on, and we couldn’t even find anyone else, so we went ahead and took our showers in the bathroom we shared with Carter and Jaxon. I walked back in my yellow boxers, with cars on them, and put on red lounge pants. Pete came back in his plaid green boxers, and put on a white T-shirt to sleep in. Conor came back with his towel wrapped around him, and did a quick switch, slipping out of the towel and into his sleeping bag simultaneously. “What’s that about?” I asked him, not trying to offend him, just curiously wondering. “Well, I don’t have any clothes on,” he said. “What do you mean, like you sleep without anything on?” “Yeah, always have. I don’t really like it, but I just got so used to it...” We decided to send Pete to the store to get Conor a pair of underwear for the night. “Anything will be fine, whatever’s sold as just one, and whatever’s cheap,” he said. Pete came back 15 minutes later with a pair of white briefs for Conor, and a chocolate bar for us to all split. “By the way, are you vegetarian always or just didn’t want meat tonight?” I asked. “I’m vegetarian always,” he told us. We all fell asleep early, around 9:30.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:08 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 14, 2013

The next day, we all headed down together to eat breakfast. I got Frosted Flakes and milk, Pete got scrambled eggs and apple juice, and Conor got a bowl of fruit and a cup of water. Four other guys were already at the table that we sat down at. “I’m Zeke, that’s RJ, and we’re in 216,” two of them said. A muscular-looking guy introduced himself as Phillip Jones, from 204, and his roommate, Benjamin, shook our hands. After we ate, Benjamin asked if he could hang out with us, and we welcomed him. Benjamin was nice, and asked if we needed anything from the store, because he was going later. “Actually, we do, but we might just go with you,” Pete told him. “We’re in 201, come knock on the door when you’re about to go. If we’re not there, call me at 555-7271,” I said. “Okay,” Benjamin said as he went off to make another friend.

Zeke and RJ came up to us immediately after he left. “Follow us,” Zeke said. He had more tattoos than Conor, even, and Conor told us we could probably trust him. I didn’t really trust them, but followed anyways. Pete said he was going to go up to the room, and to text him if we got into trouble. Zeke led us into a shadowy alley, and I got scared. “Relax, we’re not going to beat you up,” he said. “We’re just going to...share a secret. You can’t tell anyone. ANYONE,” he said, repeating “anyone” for emphasis. We agreed, and Zeke held out his hand. RJ put something into it. Something that looked illegal. “Yes, this is marijuana,” Zeke said. “Want a puff?” he asked. We both declined, and I said we had somewhere to be. “I promise we won’t tell anyone, except my roommate. He won’t tell. You have my word,” I assured Zeke.

We left and headed up to our room, where we took a breath of air and let it all out to Pete. “You can’t tell anyone, though,” I said at the end. Pete promised he wouldn’t, and we waited for Benjamin. Someone came and knocked on our door. I expected it to be Benjamin, but it was someone else, who I didn’t even recognize, standing outside our door in nothing but tighty-whities. He had blonde hair, and had one earbud in his right ear. “Hi. I’m Kenny, from 213...213, in Arlington Hall. Anyways, I...don’t have any clothes, and I was staying with Rich across the hall last night, and I was wondering if you could lend me something to wear? I have clothes back in my dorm room, but I left them all in there,” he said. “Anything will do,” he told us. Conor rummaged around his bag, and gave Kenny a pair of skinny jeans, and a nice-looking dress shirt. “Keep it,” he said. “No way, really?” he asked. “Thanks. Can I sneak in here to put these on?” Kenny asked. “Sure,” I said. Kenny went into our bathroom, and came out with Conor’s nice clothes on. He left, thanking us again.

“That was a real nice thing to do,” I told Conor. “Well, a few years ago, I remember, my family was almost completely broke - we were living in an apartment, and I only had one outfit to wear. I remember that a friend of mine had given me some of his clothes to keep, and so that was just my way of ‘passing it on’,” Conor explained. “Besides, I have some clothes now,” he said. We hung out for a while, and then Benjamin knocked on our door. We followed him out the door, out of the dorm, and down the street. We went down Cooper a long way before reaching the corner of Cooper and Arbrook, where we stopped. “If we go right, and cross Cooper, we can go to Target. If we cross Arbrook, and turn left, we can go to the Parks Mall,” Benjamin said. “Let’s go to the mall,” we all said. Luckily, all of us had brought our wallets. Pete and I both had debit cards, Conor had fifty dollars of cash, and Benjamin had a credit card and a little cash.

We walked through a department store, which I found out was Macy’s, and sat down on a bench outside of the store. “Let’s find a map, and figure out where all we should go,” I said. “Well, I need some new shoes,” said Benjamin. “I need some underwear,” said Conor. “I’m getting a video game system for our room,” I said, “and some clothes.” “I’ll go with whoever,” said Pete. Benjamin headed off to find some sneakers. I told him to call me when he was done, and we would meet somewhere. “Let’s go get our clothes first,” I said. We went down to JCPenney for Conor’s underwear, and my clothes. “How do you like the briefs you wore last night?” I asked Conor. “I don’t really like them, they’re too tight,” he said. I led him to the underwear section, where he picked out two 5-packs of blue boxer briefs. I went and found some boardshorts. I bought four pairs of boardshorts, one blue, one red, one green, and one gray. I figured they served a double purpose, they were shorts, but you could also swim in them. We went to check out, and went to the GameStop for the video games. “Let’s get the PS4,” Pete said. We pre-ordered a PS4, with two games: NBA 2K14 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. It cost us a lot of money, but luckily, I had no spending limit on my card, and my parents had put quite a good bit of money on the card before I left. “We’ll have to wait three months to get it, but it’ll be worth it,” I told Pete and Conor. We left, and headed to Dick’s Sporting Goods, where I texted Benjamin: “Meet us at Dick’s.”

We all went through the store, glancing at things we might buy, but didn’t purchase anything upstairs. Benjamin found us downstairs, looking at basketball shorts, which I bought a couple pairs of. “It’ll be pretty warm here, so I need some shorts so I don’t overheat,” I told Pete. I bought the shorts and we left, going back upstairs to eat at the food court. Pete and I ate at Subway, Benjamin ate at Chick-fil-A, and Conor followed us to Subway, getting one of their salads. We ate, and then headed downstairs. “Let’s go skating,” I suggested. “Why not?” said the others, and we rented skates. “It’s actually hockey time,” the worker said, “so here are some pads and sticks.” Pete had played hockey back in Massachusetts, as a defenseman, so he knew the most about it. Conor said he was a big fan of hockey, and had played for a few years as a goalie. Benjamin and I learned from them, and we went out on the ice and skated around to get our footing before we started playing. We formed a team, and started playing against a real team. They all actually played hockey, for the same team, but they only had three players, and we had four. Conor played goalie, Pete was our defenseman, and Benjamin and I played the forward positions, alternating at center, with the other playing a wing position.

We started playing, and they were very good. Pete was quite strong, though, and he got a couple nice hits on their star player, not enough to hurt him, though. Pete stole the puck, and passed it to Benjamin, who passed to me. “Go!” he yelled, and I skated around their right wing, and took a slap shot. It hit the post of the goal, bouncing right to Pete, who took a “one-timer” that went in. Since the goalie had shifted to his left on my shot, he was unable to stop Pete’s shot, which hit the top right corner of the net (the goalie’s right). They got a few good chances, but never converted. Eventually, a few of us got tired, since hockey players usually only play one or two minutes at a time, and we took a break, ending the game. We all went off the court, and into the locker room to change back into our normal clothes. Pete went to talk to the other team, and we lined up to shake hands, like after a basketball game. Our opponents said they played for a hockey club in Dallas. “Cool, me and our goalie played in high school,” Pete said. “Our other two have never played, actually.”

We left after changing, and headed back to the college to hang out. By then, it was almost 4:30, and we all went into the lounge area in our dorm. The Rangers-Brewers game didn’t start until 7, so we had nothing to do, and just talked to pass the time. Benjamin said it had been nice hanging out with us, but he had to go to his room, and he left. Pete fell asleep, so for a while it was just Conor and I. We discussed our class schedules. Conor had a full slate of four classes Monday through Friday, while I only had morning classes Monday through Thursday, and one afternoon class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All we did for the rest of the evening was eat dinner, watch the baseball game, and go up to our room. It was exactly 11:11 when we got to our room, and I made a wish. We took our showers and got dressed, but this time we were the late ones, not Carter and Jaxon like last night.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 15, 2013

We decided to stay up past midnight, as did Carter and Jaxon, and we all came together in their room for a sort of mini-party. Jaxon had brought his Xbox 360 and a few games, and we were able to play for a long time. We had a tournament in NBA 2K13, which Pete won, and a five-player game in Halo, which Jaxon won. By the time we were done with Halo, it was almost five in the morning, and we figured we weren’t going to get any sleep at that point. At least, most of us didn’t think we could sleep. Pete dozed off on the couch in their room (instead of a bunk bed, Jaxon and Carter had a couch and sleeping bags), and Conor went back into our room and fell asleep. I stayed up and talked with Carter and Jaxon. “So, how’s everything going?” I asked. “Well, Jaxon found an intramural team to play football for, so he’s their quarterback, and I’m still training hard to try and get on the basketball team,” Carter said. “How about you?” “Well, Pete and I took in another kid, Conor, from 202-“ “He was with that snob Rich, right?” “Yeah, and we all went to the skatepark Tuesday, and the mall yesterday. We brought another kid from here and played hockey against some kids on a club team, and beat them.” “Sweet,” said Jaxon, who had on the same boxers as I did - black, with a pirate-themed pattern.

I dragged Pete over into our room, waved goodbye to Jaxon and Carter, and went to sleep in our room. I woke up around 3 in the afternoon, and snuck a glance into 203. I saw that Jaxon and Carter were both asleep on the floor. I looked around, didn’t see anyone, but did see a note on top of my phone. “We went out to the gym. Coming back around 4. - Pete” is what the note said. I tried to turn on my phone, but it was dead, as I hadn’t charged it overnight. “Crap,” I said to myself as I looked for my charger. I quickly plugged my phone in, and changed into the gray boardshorts that I had bought yesterday, and a white T-shirt. I went down to the Pie Five, where I ate a whole pizza, went for a little walk, and then went back into my room, where I turned on SportsCenter for a few minutes. Pete and Conor came back at 3:55, as they had said, and I announced my intentions to go swimming. I said this loudly, and it carried into the other room, where I heard Carter and Jaxon stirring. “Did someone say swimming?” I heard Jaxon ask. I opened the doors to the restroom between our room and theirs and told them what I was doing. “I definitely want to go, if anyone else is going,” said Jaxon. Carter said he would go, and after they changed, we all headed out to find a pool.

“I bet there’s a pool on campus,” said Carter. We found one, and luckily the swim team hadn’t started practice yet. There was a basketball hoop on each end of the pool, but we were not interested today. I was just trying to wake up a bit, and get out of the hot sun. Carter was doing laps around the pool, while Jaxon was running from one goal to the other, jumping to touch the top of the backboard each time. When we had swum around for a while, we decided to have a race, twice down and back. We all lined up in separate lanes, and took off. Jaxon struggled to build up any speed, and it was Carter and I down the final stretch. I tried to just maintain my pace, and Carter tried to speed up. I thought I would win, but Carter got just enough power off his last kick to propel forward and win. We all got out of the pool to dry off. None of us had brought towels, so we went out the door and into the warm sun to dry off. Jaxon screamed out the F-word. “What was that all about?” I asked him. “Well, I just realized that I had my boxers on under my swim trunks, and so I got those wet too,” he explained. “Alright,” I said with a raised eyebrow, unsure whether that was worth such a loud curse. We all dried off, and I put my T-shirt back on. I had only worn it because I thought the campus required shirts at all times.

We all went back to our rooms, and I pulled out my copy of the student handbook. It did not say anything about needing to have a shirt on always, just in class. Pete and Conor had left another note. This time, they had gone out to eat dinner. I changed out of my wet boardshorts and plain T-shirt and into boxers, jeans and a dark gray T-shirt. The boxers I had on were like the ones I had worn the night before, but not the same pair. I decided to head down and eat something. Carter joined me, but Jaxon said he wasn’t hungry. We went down to the sports bar, Blaze’s, and had nachos and wings, while watching some sports. I got to know Carter better, like the fact that he was from Los Angeles. “Can I ask you an honest question?” I asked Carter. “Yeah, go right ahead,” he said. “Does Jaxon not like me or something?” He never seems to say more than a word or two to me, and he ditched me before orientation,” I said. “No, he likes you, he’s very outgoing, but he’s also quite popular. Jaxon has a lot of friends to split his time between, and you’re actually one of his better friends, I would guess,” Carter answered. “I never thought about that, but I guess we have hung out a lot,” I said. We finished eating and parted ways. Carter said he was going back to his room, but I wanted to go lift some weights at the gym.

When I got into the weight room, I saw Brandon Williams, a fellow freshman and also a fellow basketball player. We lifted together, although at almost seven feet tall, his frame could handle more weight than mine. I squatted 170 pounds, while he was able to squat almost 300 pounds. I thanked him for lifting with me, and went back to the dorm room.

I got back into our room at 8:10, and went into Jaxon's room, where we played two hours' worth of Halo. After that, I took a shower and put on some red boxers, with pictures of sports cars on them, and my red pajama pants. I was the first to fall asleep out of the five of us.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 16, 2013

I had finally gotten to bed at a normal time last night, and was able to wake up just after seven. Pete and Conor rose shortly after, as I was checking last night's scores on the ESPN SportsCenter app. We all went down to breakfast together. I had Frosted Flakes again, Pete had pancakes and sausage, and Conor got Apple Jacks and a banana. We ate quickly, not wanting to miss a second of our last non-weekend free day before school started. After we finished, we all went down to the gym to play some basketball. No one else was there, and we had a 1-on-1 tournament between the three of us. Conor was only good at shooting threes, Pete could dunk and had a 15-inch advantage over me, and I was the best defensive player of the group. Pete won, though, because he was much bigger and stronger than me and Conor.

After our games, we went to the grassy area on campus. I leaned back against a tree, and we all relaxed for a while. I spotted Benjamin walking towards us, and we talked for a few minutes. We all went to Chipotle for lunch - me, Pete, Conor, and Benjamin - and then made plans to go swimming later. We all went back to our rooms, and I changed into green boardshorts and another white T-shirt. I called Benjamin, and he said he was ready. Pete and Conor were also coming this time, in place of Jaxon and Carter, who were nowhere to be found. Conor just wore his underwear down to the pool, with a towel wrapped around him. Pete wore basketball shorts, and brought two towels, one for himself and one for me. Benjamin met us at the pool in black shorts. We split up into teams - Benjamin and Pete were together against me and Conor, and played some water basketball. None of us had brought a ball, but luckily the pool kept a bin stocked with balls and other stuff like that.

We didn’t keep score, but instead focused on having fun, which we definitely did. Benjamin was a good passer, and Pete got several alley-oop passes from him. On our side, Conor and I weren’t much of a team, only passing when necessary, and shooting quickly. I got a little upset with him because he would only shoot from deep, but I let it go because we were trying to have some fun. After our game, everyone was tired, but we were all happy, except for Conor. He jumped out of the water and ran off, without even grabbing a towel, leaving him in his wet boxer briefs. None of us knew what to do. “Should we go after him?” asked Benjamin. I thought we should leave him alone, thinking that he would probably come back. Benjamin thought differently, and got out and ran after him. I followed, as did Pete, albeit hesitantly.

You would think it would be easy to find a guy with tattoos in his underwear, but we had no luck. Benjamin told a few people to look for “a guy, tattoos on his arms, in underwear” but no one found him. Pete and I went to our room, thinking maybe he had returned there, but no one was in the room. Conor’s bag was missing, though, and in its place a note had been left. “At about 2:30, I came here and changed into dry clothes. I was still unsure emotionally, and so I ran. If you really want to find me, come to the gym at 1 a.m. this morning.”

I called Benjamin. “I’m a little scared about this whole thing, and since I don’t know Conor very well, I have no idea what could be waiting for us. The worst case is that it’s a trap, but on the other hand, he could just not want to be seen. You can call off the search party, though,” I told him. A minute later, Benjamin knocked on our door, and came in. We talked for a long time about what to do. Finally we came up with a plan. I would go into the gym from the front, and Pete would come in from the back. Ideally, Conor would be in the middle, and we would surround him. Benjamin agreed that he and Phillip would serve as backup, and sneak in from one side. The plan was to frighten Conor into doing what we said. Since it was going to be dark, we were going to be anonymous, and just tell him to come with us. If he refused, Phillip would come in and help, and then Benjamin was our last resort.

We all went to the Subway down the street for dinner, and fell asleep in our room at 6:30, with an alarm set for 12:45 a.m. on my phone.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:55 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 17, 2013

At exactly 12:45, I woke up to the sound of a car horn. I turned off the alarm and went around the room to wake everyone up. “Remember the plan?” I asked. Everyone nodded, and we went out to execute it. Everyone brought their phone, so at exactly 12:59 we could all go in. It was risky, and when we walked in at 12:59, no one was there. I got scared, thinking Conor was going to come in from behind us, and hid behind a rack of basketballs. I motioned for Pete to do the same on the other side, and according to our plan, Benjamin and Phillip were to hide anyways.

A minute passed, and as soon as the clock hit 1, someone walked in. I assumed it was Conor, but didn’t move. He started walking toward my side, and I jumped out. He screamed and ran the other way, where Pete was waiting for him. Conor got trapped between us. He panicked and ran to the side, but Phillip stepped out to stop him. “Listen, just do what we tell you, and you’ll be fine. Nobody will get hurt.” Conor did not recognize Phillip’s voice, and so he felt threatened by it, and decided to follow orders. Pete and I stood behind Conor, whispering to Phillip what he should say. “Just calm down, and come with us,” Phillip said as he stuck out his hand. Conor took his hand, and Phillip led him out the door. Benjamin, Pete, and I followed closely behind. The door shut behind us, and we walked for a while. As we neared the dorm, I could feel some tension coming from Conor, and he turned and bolted. I turned and sprinted after him, reaching him as he got to the end of the walkway. I dove and tackled him into the grass. Conor unleashed a stream of bad words. “Hey, take it easy,” I said. He tried to get up, but stumbled and fell again. I talked to him, but Conor said he didn’t leave any note, and he didn’t have his bag. “Someone must have taken it, then, but why did you go to the gym at one in the morning?” I asked. “I wanted to work out,” he said, frustrated. “Well, let’s go try and find your bag-“ “No, forget it. I have all I need right here,” he said, patting his pockets. “Wallet, phone, that’s pretty much all I need,” he said. We went back to our room, Benjamin and Phillip splitting off and going to theirs, and slept in late.

We had gotten a few hours of sleep, but were still tired, and all of us slept until at least 11. Conor, the most tired of them all, didn’t wake up by the time we left for “lunch” at 12:30. It was lunchtime, but also our first meal of the day. When we finished, we all hung out for a while, and then went back to our dorm room. When we got in there, someone was on the floor, note in hand, and Conor was sitting on the bed, wide-eyed. “W...What are you guys doing here?” “Um, coming to our room?” “Oh. Well, that’s nothing, on the floor there, that wasn’t me,” Conor said defensively. I stared at him. Conor cracked. “-Okay, it was me. But there’s a good reason-“ “It better be a damn great reason,” Pete said. “Well, he knocked on the door, so I let him in. He looked around, but didn’t see what he was after. ‘What do you want?’ I asked. ‘The bag. Where is it?’ Then I realized he must have been with the guy that took my bag yesterday. So I asked his name, and when he wouldn’t tell me, I got up and raised my fists, and we fought. I knocked him out,” Conor said proudly. “I guess that’s a solid reason, now what does the note say?” “Note?” “In his hand,” Pete said. “I didn’t even notice that. It says, ‘Your bag has been enriched with new contents, and the old crap is somewhere you’ll never look.’ The ‘Rich’ is underlined,” Conor told us. “I wonder if that’s a clue...” “Of course it is. It could only mean two things, either Rich did it, or someone’s framing Rich.” “So...who is this?” I asked. Conor saw something, and reached into the guy’s pocket. “It’s a wallet, surely something in here will tell us.” “Oh. It’s that Zeke kid. And look- there’s a card in here with the name of someone, and their info. It says ‘for that good weed, call 555-5505’ on the card.” “We’re in deeper than we want to be,” I said, “and I definitely don’t want to get into some drug scandal.” Conor dragged Zeke out the door and into the hallway. “Now, about that bag...Somewhere we would never look, huh?” Conor looked everywhere in the room, not finding anything. We went into Jaxon and Carter’s room. Conor couldn’t find anything. “I give up,” he said, “I honestly don’t need any of that stuff. I can probably go down to the store and buy some clothes.” We all decided to go to the Target. On the way, Conor told us more about himself. “I don’t know if you noticed, but I’m...a little smaller than everyone else,” he said. “I’m actually only 4-foot-11 and maybe a hundred pounds, so I can actually fit into boys’ clothing still.” We entered the Target, and Conor went into the boys’ section. Pete went to buy some food for our refrigerator, but I stayed with Conor. All that Conor had left was the outfit he had on - another set of torn workout clothes, underwear, socks, and shoes. He bought a pack of 7 boxer briefs - two blue, two gray, and three with football patterns. Conor also got six T-shirts in assorted colors, a 4-pack of tank tops, 8 pairs of jeans, and 8 pairs of socks.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:09 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 18, 2013

All three of us slept extremely well, and we all got 12 hours of sleep. "I'm gonna need a few of those hours in a few weeks," I said as everyone woke up. Conor got up, ate, and left to go skateboarding. Pete and I got dressed, both of us in T-shirts and basketball shorts. "I hope this is a pretty welcoming church," I said to Pete. Benjamin came and got us and we left without eating. It was a fairly long walk, and we had to go on a bridge across the highway, but Benjamin led us to a Lutheran church. We felt welcomed there, and they had coffee and donuts out as we walked in. Pete and I both poured ourselves some decaf and got a donut, and after finishing that we headed into the sanctuary for worship.

Since we were at the 9:30 service, it was more relaxed and contemporary than the other services. I enjoyed my time there and told Benjamin that he should take us back next week. We went back across the highway and to a Chili's restaurant nearby, where we had lunch. Benjamin had a Triple Dipper of appetizers, I had ribs, and Pete had a Big Mouth burger. After we ate, we headed back to UTA, where we relaxed on our final day before classes started.

Overall, we had fun before school started, but I honestly was excited to get my first taste of a college class, with a specific Sports Management class at 7:45 am. Before that, though, I needed to get some sleep, so we all retired early again, nodding off around nine o'clock.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 19, 2013

I woke up early and went to breakfast, where I met Benjamin and a few other kids. “Are you guys in sports management too?” I asked a group of them. “Yeah,” said one. They introduced themselves: Brett was the one that spoke up first, Jonny was a skinny, blonde-haired kid, Collin was British, and Evan was a very relaxed guy. We figured out that all five of us had our first 3 classes together: sports management, chemistry, and English. The four of them were also in Vandergriff, in rooms 205 and 207, set up the same as our rooms, with only a bathroom separating the two. We went to class with no real expectations, but upon entering the room, I immediately spotted Mark Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks. "Holy crap!" I whispered to Brett. Collin and Evan took seats in the second row, and Brett, Jonny and I filled the first row in a classroom built for 6 students - a near-perfect match. "Is this all?" asked our teacher, who introduced himself as Dr. Stanley Lewis, with a degree in business and experience in the sports industry. We responded with a "yes", and Dr. Lewis continued. "As you can see, we have a very special guest here today. Please welcome the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban!" We all clapped to welcome Mr. Cuban. "This is a sports management class, right?" he asked. "Yes!" we all said. "So, don't answer aloud, but what are your goals? What are you looking to get out of this class? If you just thought 'become a general manager in the NBA', you may be in luck. The five of you have been specially selected to be groomed as NBA general managers. In two months exactly, on October 19th, you will be assessed on your skills, and I will personally interview each of you. The best candidate will be hired as the general manager of the Dallas Mavericks." My jaw dropped, as did everyone else's. What an opportunity, better not blow this one, I thought. Over the weeks, we managed fictional teams, pretending to be rival GMs in the NBA. I ended up with a solid roster, as did Brett. Collin went for the money-saving route, cutting his payroll to under 40 million dollars. Evan just sat back and accepted almost every offer we threw at him. Jonny was over-aggressive and ended up with a decent team, but his team was also $30 million over the salary cap. Brett had decided to keep most of his roster intact, trading away only expendable pieces and ending up with a solid, veteran-led squad. I went for the "semi-rebuilding" route, trading older and more expensive players, building around a couple stars, and being active in the trade market, as I would have done as a real GM. And then, finally, one day, I woke up, checked my phone, and saw the date: October 19.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

October 19, 2013

It was officially the day of our interviews. Pete and I had begun basketball practice, as our games started on November 8th, against Boise State. My only concern was that if I got the job, that I would not be able to focus completely on my studies or my basketball, playing or managing. I got dressed in a white shirt and black suit, pants, tie, and shoes. I headed over to our classroom, which was being set up as an interview room. We were scheduled in order by last name: Jonny Bird, Collin Fletcher, Brett Jones, Evan Thomas, then myself, Simon Young. Jonny and Collin came out with neutral expressions. Brett walked out of the room grinning. Evan came out in his typical fashion, neutral and without a care in the world. I wondered for a second why he was studying business and not, say, art- but then I was called into the room. Dr. Lewis was set up to the left of a desk, at which Mark Cuban sat. I took a seat upon request, in a comfortable-looking red chair. Cuban started off with personal questions, then asked about my strategy in building my team. "Well, I tried to rebuild the team but still maintain a competitive talent level, making the team a playoff contender not only now but in future years, where I hold several draft picks." He then asked what I would do as the Mavericks' GM. "Well, I would probably try to do this exact same thing," I told him. "That sounds like an interesting plan, and I would like to see how you plan to execute it. However, I am unable to make a decision at this time." I shook both of their hands and left to change before my next class. In chemistry, Brett said that he expected either himself or me to win the job. Collin nodded with a sad look on his face. Jonny started to say something, but didn't. And as for Evan, he had his earbuds in, and was listening to something. Just then, both Brett's and my phone rang. "Um, can we step out for a minute? This might be really important," I asked my chem teacher, Mr. Powell. He gave us the okay, and we headed out into the hallway. The caller was none other than Mark Cuban. "I don't want to bother you, but I have reached a decision. Come down to the AAC at your nearest convenience and I will inform you of my choice.

I went through the school day bursting with energy, and did about a month's worth of homework in all of my classes to get ahead. Brett and I met up at Pie Five for dinner, and a man overheard us and offered to give us a ride to Dallas. We thanked him and took him up on the offer.

And that's how we ended up in a stranger's car, dressed in T-shirts and shorts, on our way to meet one of the most important people in basketball. The man proved worthy of our trust, and even waited for us until we got done. We walked into Cuban's office and were greeted with a smile similar to those on our faces. "This may have been the toughest decision I've had to make in a long time," he said. "We actually want to continue to groom both of you, as we feel you will both be good fits for the role. Therefore, we are hiring not one, but both of you. Simon, you will be the general manager, and Brett will be your assistant. Rick Best was also hired, and he will serve as a help to both of you, reminding you to check the roster after trades and stuff like that. You will both report directly to me," he said. Cuban produced contracts for both of us to sign, and after a quick scan, I signed the contract. It stated that for each game, I would be paid $3500, with a $1000 bonus per win. We shook Mr. Cuban's hand and started to leave. "Wait!" Cuban yelled. "I've gotta tell you my goals for you. I want to trade for a first-round draft pick, and I don't mean the 30th pick, and I want us to win the division and get to the conference finals." "I'll take care of the first. The second and especially the third, I'm not so sure about..." We then left, heading back to campus, where I shared the news with Pete, Conor, Jaxon, and Carter.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

October 20, 2013

Pete had cousins who lived in Arlington, and we decided to meet them for lunch the next day, a Saturday. We met at Blaze's Sports Grill, and Pete and I got there first. "Hey, I have a bet for you," I said. "What?" "If I win my first game as a GM, you have to do it but if I lose, I'll do it." "What is it?" Pete asked. "Okay, you know that Disney show, Phineas and Ferb?" "Yeah..." "Well, I was thinking we could get a shirt and like a stuffed animal from the show, and whoever loses the bet has to wear it to a team meeting of the basketball team - that is, the one we're both on, here at UTA." "Sounds good. I'm in," he said, "but I think we should send my cousins to get the stuff. They have a car, and it would save us from any embarassment prior to the bet even taking place." "That makes sense, if they're willing to do it," I said. "Why don't we ask them while we're eating?"

A red SUV pulled up and parked in one of the parallel spots outside the restaurant. A man stepped out and waved to us before going around and opening a door. Two little boys jumped out, and immediately ran over to Pete, who gave them a big hug. The smaller of the two walked over to me. "I'm Mason, what's your name?" "My name is Simon. So, you like Batman?" I asked, noticing the Batman logo on his black T-shirt, and the temporary tattoos on his arms. "Yeah!" he yelled. "Cool, that's one of my favorite shows," I said. Mason ran over to a light post and ran circles around it. The other boy walked over to me. "My name's Timmy Walker," he said. "I'm Simon Young," I said. Timmy had on a red Superman shirt. "Do you like Superman?" I asked him. "Yeah!" he said excitedly, but not as loudly as Mason had. "So, do you and your brother ever fight over who is better, Batman or Superman?" "Yeah..." he said, ashamed that he had fought. "So, who usually wins?" "Well, I guess usually I win, 'cause I'm more bigger." We then went inside and sat at a booth. Pete and I sat on one side, Mr. Walker on the other, and Mason and Timmy were squirming back and forth between the two sides before their dad corraled them onto the bench on his side. We all ordered, the kids had PB&J, Pete and I had wings, and Mr. Walker had a flatbread pizza. Pete led the discussion, telling his uncle our plan and asking if he was down. "Yeah, we can do that. Where is the Disney store, though?" he asked. "Well, the only one close is at the Hulen Mall in Fort Worth," I said, having done my research. We decided to go - all five of us - immediately after we ate.

We finished eating, paid, and went out to the Walkers' car. Mason and Timmy climbed into booster seats in the back, one on either side of me. Pete got the front seat, and Mr. Walker, obviously, was driving. When we got there, my dad called. "Go ahead," I told them as I found a bench to sit down on. "I have good news," my dad started. "You're buying me a Corvette?" I said jokingly. "No, you're going to be a big brother finally!" he said. "Your mom and I have been secretly back together for a while, and we are going to have a baby boy in a week!" "Wow, I'll see if I can get a plane ticket up there," I said.

The others finished their shopping, and we went back to Arlington. As soon as we got back to our dorm, I got out my laptop and started looking for plane tickets. "Transferring already?" Pete asked. "No, my dad...he said my mom is having another boy, and I wanna be up there for that," I said. I was able to find a flight out of the Dallas/Fort Worth airport to Boston on Friday at 4:30 in the afternoon. I bought the ticket with my debit card (which luckily had a lot of money on it), and immediately started packing for my trip. I had enough clothing to pack, and later threw in deodorant, a toothbrush, and toothpaste that I bought at the Walgreens down the street.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:29 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

October 26, 2013

October 26 was the Friday that I was leaving for Massachusetts to see my brother’s birth. We were supposed to have our introductory press conference that day, but I couldn’t make it because of my flight. Mr. Walker, Pete’s uncle, offered to drive me to the airport. As soon as I finished my test in Spanish, I left to run by my dorm room and pick up my bag before meeting Mr. Walker at 11. Everything went smoothly, and I was able to make it to the airport and through security in plenty of time. I had brought my wallet, so I went to get something to eat. I basically killed time at the Chili's, eating but not rushing to choke anything down.

Our flight wasn't moved or anything, so I simply walked down to the gate and waited. There was a phone charging station, which I plugged my phone into since it was at 35 percent battery life. I had brought a drawstring bag with stuff for the flight: earbuds, iPod, notebook, pens, and a book, Hard Times, that I was supposed to read for English. After the flight took off, I put in my earbuds and listened to some music. I had created a lengthy playlist that consisted of calmer music at the beginning and end, sandwiching some hip-hop and rock in the middle. I opened the book. "Facts, teach these kids nothing but facts," read the first paragraph. "This'll be boring," I thought as I closed the book. I must have fallen asleep, because before I knew it, the plane had landed. My dad was coming to pick me up at the gate. I woke up, turned off the iPod, re-packed my bag, and got ready for landing. I put the earbuds in my pocket with my phone, so I could listen to some music while I was waiting after we landed and they let us use our phones. The landing went well, and I put one earbud in my left ear, but kept the right one out so I could hear the outside conversations. I walked up the jetbridge and into the terminal, where I saw my dad waiting for me. We went down to the baggage claim together, and went home after that. We relaxed and tried to stay calm before the big day ahead.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

October 27, 2013

I woke up at 4:30, with my dad yelling that my mom's...well, you know...and that we were going to the hospital. I threw on a white T-shirt, replaced my pajama pants with shorts, put on socks and shoes, and was ready to go in under five minutes. My dad drove to the hospital, and we waited for the announcement. My dad was called in, and after my mom had given birth, I was allowed to come in. "What should we name him?" asked the doctor, revealing the newborn baby's gender. My dad asked me, and I threw out a suggestion. "I've always wanted to know someone named Xander, why not my brother?" I said. My parents discussed, and decided to name him Xander Elliot Young. We weren't allowed to leave immediately, so we hung around and talked while we waited. My dad let me drive home to get my bag, since we would be there a while. I did just that and came back. I started trying to read Hard Times again, and actually got through a few chapters, somehow. I stayed with my parents until Sunday afternoon, when I flew back to Texas. I had a press conference on Monday, my official introduction, and I announced a couple trades that I had completed late Sunday.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:48 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Young GM hired by Mavs

The Dallas Mavericks officially introduced Simon Young as general manager today. Young, 17, is a freshman at the University of Texas at Arlington studying sports management and kinesiology. Young is the youngest NBA executive in history. Alongside him, Dallas hired fellow UTA freshman Brett Jones and 41-year-old Rick Best as assistants to the general manager.

It was also announced that the NBA would be undergoing a league-wide "rebranding", with the first step being a fantasy draft involving all 30 teams. Dallas will pick 15th in the first round. The first pick belongs to Golden State.

Step two of The Rebranding involves special drafts for the 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-17 seasons. The 2013-14 draft will feature international and college players, as usual. In 2014-15, all college players must declare or wait three years. In 2015-16, the draft will feature players from the independent S.A.G.S. collegiate basketball league. In 2016-17, the draft will include players from two high school districts: Arlington ISD (AISD) in Arlington, Texas, and the Massachusetts Sports Conference (MSC).

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:36 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

FANTASY DRAFT RECAP

With the 15th pick in the first round of the NBA Fantasy Draft, the Dallas Mavericks selected forward LaMarcus Aldridge.

The Mavs continued getting solid players through the first six rounds, drafting, in order: troubled guard Lance Stephenson, oft-injured guard Avery Bradley, young center Nikola Vucevic, veteran guard Devin Harris, and hard-working swingman Corey Brewer. Their seventh-round pick was used to select backup center Greg Oden. Dallas rounded out the draft by getting guards Reggie Jackson and Glen Rice Jr. and forwards Wesley Johnson, Rashard Lewis, and Reggie Evans.

Dallas also signed free-agent swingman Andre Roberson to a one-year, $510K contract with a team option for 2015-16.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:02 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

October 30, 2013

Atlanta Hawks 52
Dallas Mavericks 62

MVP: Corey Brewer

KEY PLAYERS

DeMarcus Cousins: 16 points, 5 rebounds

STATS

Vucevic (14) 5 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 2 blk
Aldridge (15) 8 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk
Brewer (14) 15 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast
Stephenson (15) 8 pts, 3 ast, 1 stl
Bradley (15) 5 pts, 4 ast, 1 stl

Harris (6) 3 pts, 2 ast, 1 blk
Johnson (5) 6 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast
Oden (6) 2 stl
Jackson (5) 6 pts, 1 ast
Lewis (4) 4 pts, 1 reb
Evans (5) 2 pts
Rice Jr. (1)

TEAM STATS

3-Pointers: 11-13 (85%)
Free Throws: 1-5 (20%)
Points in Paint: 18 (ATL 28)
Rebounds: 14 (ATL 13)
Turnovers: 11 (ATL 7)

NOTES

The Mavericks traded their 2015 first-round pick for Brooklyn's 2014 first- and second-round selections.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: