Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about basketball. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NBA. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Re: The Story of Simon Young | NBA 2K14 | Part 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:44 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
October 30, 2013

Pete, Brett, Benjamin, and I went to the first game together. I whispered an alternate plan to Pete, and he agreed. The Mavs won, so he had to follow through on his end of the bet.

After the game, Brett and I went down to talk to the players. “Hi guys, good game, even though we lost. Brett here, and myself, are the new general managers of this team. If anyone has any problems with anything or anyone, feel free to arrange a meeting with us through our assistant, Rick Best. We’re looking to keep this team in a contending position, while also bringing in a youth movement of sorts. I like to call it ‘semi-rebuilding’.”

Brett whispered a joke to me. "Obviously, the first step in the youth movement is to bring in a bunch of teenagers to run the team,” he said.

After that was over, we went down to our office, making calls around the league, not only to introduce ourselves, but also to talk potential trades and build trust with the other GMs. After that, we all went back to campus via bus.

The next morning, we had a basketball practice. As part of our plan, Pete had to wear the Phineas and Ferb shirt and boxers to practice, and carry the stuffed animal around in his bag. Everyone got a good kick out of it, but we still had a good practice.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

November 1, 2013

Dallas Mavericks 55
Houston Rockets 67

MVP: Kyle Lowry

KEY PLAYERS

Lowry: 15 points, 7 assists
J.R. Smith: 20 points

STATS

Vucevic (11) 4 pts, 5 reb
Aldridge (14) 5 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast
Brewer (15) 5 pts, 1 ast
Stephenson (13) 10 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast
Bradley (15) 12 pts, 1 reb

Harris (11) 3 pts, 1 reb, 4 ast
Johnson (11) 6 pts, 3 reb
Oden (7) 2 reb
Jackson (2) 7 pts, 2 stl
Lewis (2) 3 pts
Evans (2)
Rice Jr. (2)

TEAM STATS

3-Pointers: 11-22 (50%)
Free Throws: 2-4 (50%)
Points in Paint: 12 (HOU 50)
Rebounds: 14 (HOU 15)
Turnovers: 10 (HOU 3)

NOTES

Dallas traded disgruntled rookie guard Glen Rice Jr. and veteran forward Reggie Evans to the 76ers for forward Tayshaun Prince. Prince represents a talent upgrade for the Mavericks, but will cost Dallas in excess of $7 million the next two years. The Mavericks still have over $21 million of cap room, so this does not pose a problem.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:38 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

November 2, 2013

Memphis Grizzlies 51
Dallas Mavericks 68

MVP: Lance Stephenson

KEY PLAYERS

Al Jefferson: 12 points, 8 rebounds
Pau Gasol: 10 points, 4 rebounds

STATS

Vucevic (11) 2 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast
Aldridge (11) 8 pts, 3 reb, 1 ast, 1 blk
Brewer (11) 6 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl
Stephenson (11) 16 pts, 1 reb, 1 stl
Bradley (11) 8 pts, 5 ast, 1 stl

Harris (6) 7 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast
Prince (7) 3 pts, 2 ast
Johnson (10) 3 pts, 1 reb
Oden (8) 2 pts, 3 reb, 1 blk
Jackson (10) 7 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast
Lewis (6) 3 pts, 2 reb, 1 blk
Roberson (4) 3 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast

TEAM STATS

3-Pointers: 12-19 (63%)
Free Throws: 6-8 (75%)
Points in Paint: 22 (MEM 30)
Rebounds: 17 (MEM 19)
Turnovers: 5 (MEM 6)

NOTES

Starting guard Avery Bradley was ejected from the game and suspended 1 additional game for his role in a minor fight in the third period after Bradley picked up his third foul of the game. The Mavericks signed center Jason Collins to a league-minimum contract to replace him on the active roster.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

November 3, 2013

I woke up on Sunday, and as always, Benjamin was already hanging out in our dorm room, wearing a white button-up shirt with rolled-up sleeves and khaki shorts. I stumbled out of bed, and Benjamin handed me something. My eyes took a few seconds to adjust, then I saw that it was a bowl of cereal - Frosted Flakes, my favorite. “Thanks!” I said quietly. After I ate, I took off my pajama pants and changed into a gray long-sleeve shirt and jeans. Pete got out of the bottom bunk, threw on some basketball shorts, and took his cereal from Benjamin - his were Lucky Charms. This was our Sunday morning ritual. Unlike most dorm rooms, there were three boys in our room. Conor Neal, our third roommate, had defected from across the hall. He hadn’t come to church with us once, but we always waited for him to tell us he wasn’t going, just in case. Conor lay sleeping on the floor in a slightly beaten-up brown sleeping bag. He mumbled as he slowly got up. Conor always slept in his boxer briefs, and last night had been no different. He shook his head and looked towards us. “Coming?” Benjamin asked as always. “Nope,” was Conor’s response. He stretched, then yawned. Throwing on his usual skinny jeans and tattered T-shirt, he left the room before us, carrying his skateboard, two earbuds in as always.

Benjamin led us down Cooper Street, across Interstate 30, and into church as usual. After church, we went out to lunch like always, and today’s stop was at Burger King. After we ate, we headed back to campus, where I had to take a call. That was the first unusual event of the day. The call was from Mark Cuban. He told me that he had scheduled a press conference at 4:30, and that Brett Jones, my co-general manager, and I needed to be down at the AAC by four o’clock. I relayed this to my friends, and Benjamin took us down to the parking lot outside our dorm. He pointed to a car in the distance, and we started walking towards it. “This is my new car,” he said proudly as we stood in front of the black BMW sedan.

We went back up to the dorm, and Benjamin and I went to his room. Phillip, his roommate, was there, as was Brett. “Why are you two in here together?” I asked. “Uh…because we’re brothers?” Phillip replied. I knew they both had the last name Jones, but had never thought about them being brothers, since they looked and acted so different - Phillip was a dark-haired country boy, while Brett had lighter hair and skin and was much more outgoing than his brother. But on the other hand, they were both from Texas, and they had ended up at the same college in the same year. I figured they were fraternal twins or whatever you call it. I told Brett that Benjamin would probably take us to the press conference, if we asked him. I asked, and sure enough, Benjamin agreed to give us a ride. We got there with plenty of time, and the three of us went down to the practice courts to shoot around. The Mavs’ practice was going on in one of the courts, but we took a separate court, where we could both get in our game, while watching the practice.

At about 4, Mr. Cuban came down and got us, taking us up to a special room. He threw us all towels. Briefing us on the situation, he told us what to address and gave us some tips on what to say and what not to say. We went out and sat down with a few minutes to spare. Reporters started filing into the room, sitting down wherever they felt like it. I started the conference at 4:30 on the dot. “As you may know, the commissioner’s office has handed down a one-game suspension to starting guard Avery Bradley for his role in an altercation on the court in last night’s game. We are disappointed in Avery’s actions, but we understand the need for punishment, and hope to get him back on the court, refocused on basketball.” Reporters began raising their hands. Rick Best, our assistant, knew everyone somehow, and he told everyone when they could talk. The first question was from Larry Jones, of the Dallas Morning News. “Will there be any internal consequences for Bradley?” “Well, at this point, we see this as a first offense. If he does anything like this again, we will probably have to look into further punishment, possibly via fine or team suspension.” The next question was from Brad Millwood, from the Star-Telegram. “What kind of adjustments are being made to the team’s lineup and strategy, with such an instrumental part of the team out?” “Devin Harris will step into the starting lineup, and other than that, Reggie Jackson will have to play a bigger role off the bench, as our second point guard. This is a good time to bring up our second item on the agenda. To replace Avery on the active roster, we have signed center Jason Collins to a free-agent contract.” Collins came out, and Brett handed him a number 98 jersey. We both shook hands with him as he held the jersey up. He took a seat to the right of Brett, still smiling. The room was abuzz with camera flashes and reporters anxious to get a question in. “What spurred this decision to bring Jason in?” asked Harold Walter, of ESPN Dallas. Brett took this question. “Several reasons, really. We didn’t want to play with only eleven guys, and with Greg Oden struggling to build up his stamina, we thought maybe Jason could take some pressure off of him. In addition, he will be a good veteran clubhouse leader, and can help mentor some of our younger players. Plus, he was willing to sign for the league minimum, allowing us to keep as much cap room as possible.” “But don’t you think his…being gay…will affect the team at all?” asked another reporter. “No, we believe that Jason is a good basketball player who will not cause trouble in the clubhouse, for his sexual preferences or for other reasons,” Brett said. “Thank you, and that is all,” Rick Best told everyone as the four of us left the interview room. “Good job, guys,” Mr. Cuban told us. “You handled that pretty well, especially the last question, both of you,” he continued.

After that, we led Jason down to the practice court, where he introduced himself to the team. No one seemed to have much of an issue with his sexuality or anything, and as practice had finished, they were all just hanging around. Brett, Benjamin, and I went back to UTA. Benjamin and Brett split off from the group, and I went into my room. Conor was in there, headphones in, jamming to something. I quietly entered the room, looking for something to distract myself. Carter, our dorm-neighbor, invited me to come over into their room. He and Jaxon, his roommate, were playing a video game. I told them I would take a quick shower, then come into the room. I got out some clothes from my drawers in the dresser, and went into our shared bathroom. After showering, I threw on the green T-shirt and shorts, and went into Jaxon and Carter’s room. They were playing NBA 2K13, but we decided to just hang out on the couch. Their room had an interesting setup, instead of a bed, they had put in a long couch, and slept in sleeping bags. There was a big desk in the nook where a bed might have gone, and papers and books were scattered all over it. “So, how’s football going?” I asked Jaxon, who was playing on an intramural team. “It’s going fine, I’m not starting but I am playing some off the bench,” he said. Carter said that his quest to make the basketball team wasn’t going so well. Benjamin, Brett, Phillip, and Pete all came into our actual room together. We gathered in Jaxon and Carter’s room, and decided to go out to eat. Conor even joined us for that, and we all went down to Blaze’s, where they had the Mavs game on.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: