Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about any sport that doesn't belong in the Baseball, Football or Basketball subforums. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Liverpool FC- If It Ain't About the Mané, Karius To Victory
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
In October 2015, John W. Henry and the rest of the Liverpool board decided that it was time for change. After losing world-class superstar Luis Suarez in 2014, Liverpool struggled mightily under manager Brendan Rodgers, with only a few flashes of positive performance. In the our universe, John Henry listened to the calls of many fans and hired former Borussia Dortmund manager, Jurgen Klopp. However, since you are unfortunately unable to control real managers in career mode, this hiring did not take place in this in-game universe. In our universe, they instead promoted then-assistant Samuel Darke to the position of interim-manager. Darke immidiately changed the squad's style of play from defensive to attacking. Darke was able to see massive improvements from players previously despised by Liverpool supporters, such as Dejan Lovren and Adam Lallana. Despite a disappointing EPL-campaign where Liverpool finished 8th, Darke was able to reach the League Cup and Europa League finals. Even though the squad lost both matches, it was clear that they would not be in those games in the first place without Darke. Due to this, the Liverpool FC board had no choice but to promote Darke to full-time manager. Immidiately, Darke signed numerous impact players, including defenders Joel Matip and Ragnar Klavan, midfielders Sadio Mane, Georgino Wijnaldum, and Marko Grujic, and goalkeeper Loris Karius, who was the second-best goalkeeper in the Bundesliga in Germany last season. Darke is expecting to lead Liverpool back to the Champions League. He will hold a preseason press conference shortly...

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Last edited by GoTwins24 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Liverpool FC- If It Ain't About the Mané, Karius To Vict
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 1, 2016: Samuel Darke's Preseason Press Conference

Reporter: Thank you for your time, Samuel. First off, what are you looking to expect in your first season as manager?
Samuel Darke wrote:
I think the board has made their expectations clear for me. I can't disclose these terms, but I will say that returning to the Champions League is an absolute necessity. We have more Champions League trophies than any other club in England, so I think that it is important for us to be in a position to increase that number. With our new signings along with our old squad members, I think this is definitely a possible goal. Anything less shall be looked upon as a failure.

Reporter: With the signing of Sadio Mane, you have now signed a 4th former Southampton player (Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, Mane). Some would say that Southampton are a farm club for you... Couldn't you have signed someone from another club that provided the same value for less than the $32 million transfer free?
Samuel Darke wrote:
I think that's a simple-minded viewpoint. Look what each of those players provided to the club last season. Just because they all came from the same club does not diminish their ability. Trust me, if Mane came from West Ham or Bournemouth, you guys would be praising the signing. Mane has so much potential due to his unbelievable pace. He will prove it to you this season.

Reporter: Your fierce rivals, Manchester United have certainly boosted their squad with the signings of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba, as well as the appointment of Jose Mourinho as manager. Are you worried about them being in the way of your top-4 aspirations?
Samuel Darke wrote:
Manchester United made some big moves. Liverpool made some under-the-radar moves. I only worry about two clubs at a time. Liverpool FC, and their next opponent. United can build whatever team they please using whatever strategy they choose. We cannot focus on them outside of when we are platying them.

Reporter: Last question. Is there an open goalkeeper competition between Loris Karius and Simon Mignolet?
Samuel Darke wrote:
As of right now, Karius was brought in to be the starter. Migs will still see chances to play, but we believe Karius is our strongest option at this particular time.

As you can see, the media seemed to be frustrated with the transfer policy of Liverpool after the club signed a fourth Southampton player in 3 consecutive years. However, Darke insists that each of these players will make a strong impact on the club this year. Darke's new signings and the rest of the squad will see action against Borussia Dortmund on July 3rd, kicking off the Asian Elite Cup. It will be interesting to see the strategy Darke decides to employ against a strong Dortmund side.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:26 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 3, 2016: Asian Elite Cup
Borussia Dortmund vs. Liverpool

It's been a long wait for Liverpool fans it seems, but the 2016 preseason is finally here as Liverpool will take on Borussia Dortmund in Japan. Liverpool will line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Karius in goal, James Milner at left defensive back, Dejan Lovren and Joel Matip at centre backs, and Nathaniel Clyne at right back. Jordan Henderson and Georginio Wijnaldum and Jordan Henderson (captain) were the defensive mids, while Adam Lallana, Coutinho, and Sadio Mane were positioned at attack-mids. Last but certainly not least, Daniel Sturridge lined up at forward.

I'll have full match recaps when the EPL matches start, but for now I'll just write stats.

Final Score:
Liverpool
Dortmund 1

23: Dortmund GOAL: Andre Schurrle
45: Liverpool subs: Matip-Sakho, Can-Wijnaldum, Firmino-Lallana
50: Liverpool RED CARD: Daniel Sturridge
56: Dortmund sub: Dembele-Reus, Rode-Castro
66: Dortmund sub: Aubameyang-Ramos
70: Liverpool GOAL: Sadio Mane

Overall, a tough match early on, but Sadio Mane used his pace to find his way into the box to net his first ever Liverpool goal. Liverpool picked up defensive pressure in the second half. Not too shabby for an opening match. Liverpool's next match will be against Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal. Liverpool enters as 3-goal favorites, so the pressure is on.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

Last edited by GoTwins24 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Another futbol log. I love these.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Kungfupandacam wrote:
Another futbol log. I love these.

Glad you're following!

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 6, 2016: Asian Elite Cup- Second Group Match
Al-Hilal vs. Liverpool

In the second group match of the preseason tourney, Liverpool focused on playing a mostly different lineup against Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal. Loris Karius was again given the starting nod at goalkeeper. Alberto Moreno was given the call to play left back, while Nathaniel Clyne played opposite him at right back. The centre back pairing consisted of new signing Ragnar Klavan and veteran Mamadou Sakho. Emre Can and Marko Grujic were positioned at defensive mids, while Lallana, Coutinho, and Mane were positioned as attack mids. Roberto Firmino lined up top as forward.

Final Score:
Liverpool 2
Al-Hilal 0

34: Liverpool GOAL: Sadio Mane
57: Al-Hilal Substitution: Al Shalboub-Eduardo
57: Liverpool Subs: Mane-Origi, Firmino-Henderson
63: Al-Hilal Substitution: Al Dawsari-Tiago
68: Al-Hilal Substitution: Al Buraik-Al Shahrani
78: Al-Hilal Substitution: Al Shamrani-Bonatini
90: Liverpool GOAL: Divock Origi

Liverpool grinded out a tough 2-0 victory, as Al-Hilal parked the bus and dared Liverpool to create chances. Sadio Mane answered the dare, using his superb pace to cut into the box and fire a perfect shot to make it 1-0. After being subbed on late, Divock Origi made a big impact, scoring a stoppage time goal to close out a 2-0 win. Liverpool took a total of 13 shots, while their opponents only took a total of 3. Liverpool will take on a tough opponent in Juventus in their final group stage match. Here is the table as it currently stands:
1. Liverpool- 4 pts (+2)
2. Juventus- 3 pts (+3)
3. Al-Hilal- 3 pts (-1)
4. Dortmund- 1 pt (-4)

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:23 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Liverpool Complete Signing of Sebastian Olivares

Liverpool have completed the signing of young Argentine centre back Sebastian Olivares. The move is not a high profile one, but Samuel Darke believes that Olivares can develop into a decent squad rotation player.

Samuel Darke wrote:
We saw so much potential in Sebastian during our exit trials in Argentina that we couldn't pass him up. We think Sebastian can develop into a very solid piece for us. Learning under Ragnar, Mamadou, Dejan, and others will certainly improve his growth. Sebastian is one of many youthful players we have targeted over the past couple of weeks. I won't give away the next young target on our list, but I will give away that he is a wonderkid with the potential to develop into a star that his native country has never seen before. His experience playing against some of the best South American teams really served him well. Hopefully we can strike a deal quickly as we did for Sebastian.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 10, 2016: Final Group Stage Match
Liverpool vs. Juventus

In the final group stage match of the preseason tourney, Liverpool took on Italian powers Juventus. A win/draw would guarantee advacement to the semifinals of the tourney. Loris Karius again started in goal. James Milner returned to his position as left back, while Clyne again was opposite him at the right. The centre back pairing consisted of Dejan Lovren and Mamadou Sakho. At defensive mids were the captain Jordan Henderson and former Newcastle man Georginio Wijnaldum. The attack mid combination again consisted of Lallana, Coutinho, and Mane. Daniel Sturridge was still suspended due to his red card against Dortmund, so goal scorer Divock Origi took his place up top.

Final Score:
Liverpool 2
Juventus 0

6: Liverpool GOAL: Neto (Own Goal)
45: Liverpool Subs: Wijnaldum-Can, Origi-Ings
65: Liverpool GOAL: Philippe Coutinho
65: Liverpool Subs: Henderson-Leiva, Firmino-Coutinho
82: Juventus Substitution: Asamoah-Pjanic

A great performance by the Reds, as they kept the pressure high on Juventus, who played most of their reserves. Neto, Juventus' goalkeeper had a pretty embarassing own goal on a very easy shot by Mane. Later, Coutinho rolled into the box and fired an excellent strike to give Liverpool a 2-0 lead. That scoreline would not change. Liverpool advanced to the semifinals against Bayer Leverkusen. I simmed the match, and Liverpool won 2-0 off of goals from Emre Can and Philoppe Coutinho. Liverpool faced Borussia Dortmund in a rematch of the first game of the tourney. Liverpool was no match this time, crashing out of the tourney after a 3-0 loss. The start of the Premier League season is right around the corner, and Liverpool are in great form! We'll see if the momentum can carry into the season.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Liverpool Captures American Wonderkid Christian Pulisic

Big news in the American soccer world as future USMNT star Christian Pulisic has been signed by Liverpool. An interesting signing, as Pulisic is only 17 years of age. Manager Samuel Darke has stated that Pulisic should expect to see plenty of playing time as a sub and a starter during League/FA Cup matches. It will be exciting to see how the transfer affects Pulisic's development, as according to Darke he will receive plenty of playing time. His potential is definitely there, as Pulisic was given a few appearances in the Copa America for the United States this summer, definitely not common for a teenager.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Dab

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 12, 2016: EPL Season Opening Press Conference
Each manager in the Premier League held a press conference on the day before the season. Samuel Darke was asked numerous questions- ranging from his preferred centre back pairings to the potential impact of Christian Pulisic.

Reporter: Greetings, Samuel. First off, Arsenal, your opponents on Sunday, have a world class striker in Alexis Sanchez. How will you try to limit his impact?
Samuel Darke wrote:
Obviously we are going to have to mark Alexis. We've all seen the wonders he's been able to pull off with a relatively weak squad around him. If we can mark him well, we take away Arsenal's go-to option up top, thwarting all chances they have to get past our defence. It's going to take high pressure, the same kind of pressure we applied to Leverkusen and Juventus.

Reporter: You have many centre back pairings available to you. Which will you go with Sunday?
Samuel Darke wrote:
You'll find out on Sunday, but I think I have an idea of what the pairing will be. I will say that both of them are strong leaders who made vast improvements last season, not just in terms of skill, but in terms of leadership ability. In order to be a good defender, you have to be a good leader. I think both of these defenders are strong leaders with a commanding presence.

Reporter: Will we see any Sebastian Olivares or Christian Pulisic?
Samuel Darke wrote:
Potentially. Both those players can provide energy off the bench for sure. I think Christian is more likely to play thn Sebastian, however. We shall see what the situation calls for.

Reporter: Last question. Will Daniel Sturridge start up top or will it be someone else?
Samuel Darke wrote:
As of right now, it's Studge. He has to show better judgement obviously. We can't have him being stupid and getting sent off. We discussed this, and I think he knows he was in the wrong and will try his hardest to make sure that never happens again.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:25 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

August 14, 2016: Premier League Opener
Liverpool 0-0-0 @ Arsenal 0-0-0

The day has finally arrived. Samuel Darke's new-look Liverpool side took on Arsene Wenger's traditional Arsenal side. You could practically feel the excitement in the air of the Emirates Stadium in London. Arsenal and Liverpool fans alike were buzzing to start the campaign on a good note. Liverpool started Loris Karius in goal (no surprise there). James Milner was at left back, while English national Nathaniel Clyne was the right back. After a long wait, Darke announced that the centre back pairing would be Dejan Lovren and Joel Matip. As usual, Henderson and Wijnaldum were the defensive mids. The attack mids were Lallana, Coutinho, and Mane. Daniel Sturridge lined up at forward.

In the first half, it was obvious that both teams were anxious, as neither could convert on good scoring opportunities. Liverpool had the first chance, but Petr Cech denied Daniel Sturridge. Despite this, he gave up a rebound. Wijnaldum could not put it in the back of the net. Arsenal had some pretty poor misses, as Mesut Ozil twice missed an open area of the net. Desperate for a chance, Samuel Darke brought in the youngster, Christian Pulisic, on for Adam Lallana. A surprising move, as Liverpool did not have a terrible first half. The second half was more of the same, as neither team was able to make an impact sub to carry the team to three points. Karius and Cech both made great saves, as these were the only real highlights of a boring 0-0 draw.

Final Score:
Arsenal 0
Liverpool 0

45: Arsenal Substitution: Coquelin-Ramsey
45: Liverpool Substitution: Pulisic-Lallana
65: Arsenal Substitution: Ozil-Cazorla
65: Liverpool Substitution: Wijnaldum-Can
81: Liverpool Substitution: Sturridge-Firmino

As you can see, this was a very frustrating, uneventful match. Liverpool will need to increase their goal scoring ability if they are going to achieve any sort of success this season. After one match, they sit in 10th in the EPL. Their next match will be against relegation favorites Burnley. They will need to score some goals past a weak Burnley defense in order to avoid another boring draw.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:48 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
ynwa !!!

imagine karius actually playing (he started last game i think but still)

also one question, how deep are the rosters in this game? like does lfc have guys like connor randall / danny ward / ryan fulton ?

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:39 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
ynwa !!!

imagine karius actually playing (he started last game i think but still)

also one question, how deep are the rosters in this game? like does lfc have guys like connor randall / danny ward / ryan fulton ?

The reason Karius didn't play the first couple irl games is because he suffered a hand injury in a preseason match against Barcelona. We should be seeing more of him, as he is in line to start tomorrow vs. Swansea.

The rosters are really deep. Each player you named is technically on the roster, but Ward and Fulton are both on loan. The one thing I keep begging them to add is the ability to play U-18/U-23 matches, but so far they haven't added that ability.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:50 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Chelsea Sign Rags-To-Riches Underdog Jamie Vardy

Shocking news in the football world as Chelsea have now signed a second Leicester City star. Jamie Vardy, who burst onto the Premier League goal scoring scene last season, will now be joining former Leicester star N'Golo Kante at Chelsea. Ironically, it was Chelsea's draw with Tottenham last season that clinched the Premiership for Leicester. Now they have taken away two of their stars. With two of the "big three" of the defending champions gone, it seems highly likely that the third star, Riyad Mahrez will be leaving Leicester as well. Clubs that have expressed interest are rumored to be Arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich. If Mahrez does indeed leave, it seems likely that the defending champions will be relegation favorites for the 2016-2017.

BrewersFuzz wrote: