Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post subject: Lucas Sweany - High School Baseball Log
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:39 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
So, I'm basically gonna update you on my high school stats in a log style topic.

I play for the Vacaville Christian Falcons, a Division VI team that plays in the Sierra Delta League. My freshman year, we got second in our league, and beat LaGrand High in the quarterfinals and beat Woodland Christian in a 3-game series to advance to the section championship against our rivals, the team that won the league, Bradshaw Christian.

We lost 5-2 in the section championship, I did not play in the game unfortunately, as I mostly just filled a relief role the whol season being a slow throwing left handed pitcher.

In my freshman season, I went 6-11, batting .545, with a double and 9 RBI's over the season. Pitching-wise, I threw 14.1 innings and allowed 6 earned runs, all in one game. I got a 2.93 ERA the whole season.

Heading into my sophomore year, I had the starting first base spot locked up, and another relief role. We went 16-14, getting 2nd in the league once again and for the first time in like 20 years, we beat our rivals Bradshaw Christian in a regular season game, 1-0. We went to the playoffs once again and beat Ripon Christian in the quarterfinals, 5-3, and advanced to a 3-game series against our rivals, Bradshaw. We got beat 2-0 in the series, but I played well in the series and pitched 2 innings and struck out the league MVP, Grant Dragmire, who batted .593 with 6 home runs and now pitches at UC Santa Barbara.

Over the season, I batted .262, going 16-71, with 7 RBI's. I went 1-0 with a 2.55 ERA and got 1 save. I received all-league honorable mention for the Sierra Delta League.

Now, it's my junior season, and we have a new coach, and our team is not looking as good as the last two years. I was starting at first base, but was moved to right field because of my arm strength (it's a waste at first base) and I have a spot in the starting rotation. We lost our first game to Berean Christian, 17-5, lost our second game to Forest Lake Christian, 6-1, lost our third game, against American Canyon, 12-4 (I was sick and not at the game). Then we played two league games, against Rio Vista and San Juan and won 6-3 and 6-1 respectively. I started the game against San Juan, and pitched 5 innings allowing 1 run and striking out 10 getting the win.

My current stats are 2-7, .286 1 RBI. Pitching-wise, I'm 1-0 with a 1.40 ERA and 10 K in 5 IP. We play against Woodland Christian today and are looking to extend our winning streak to 3 games.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

Post subject: Re: Lucas Sweany - High School Baseball Log
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Nice, this looks cool. Good luck this season :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

As we got off the bus, arriving in Woodland, at Woodland Christian High School, there were tons of underclassmen all over the place as school had just ended for these kiddos. The first thing I heard when I got off the bus was, "YOU GUYS ARE GONNA WIN! OUR BASEBALL TEAM SUCKS!" It was nice to see that the Woodland Christian fans had no support for their team.

After the long walk to the baseball field, we warmed up and stretched and such. I threw with my fellow lefty, sophomore, Justin Neace, who is 6'5" and plays 1B/P/OF like myself. After warm ups, we got a nice infield outfield in, and I was set to play RF, and bat fourth.

In the top of the first inning, I got up with 2 outs, and our pitcher, Jeremy Wager-Smith on second base. The pitcher we were facing is a senior, Brendan Rodegerdts, who I remembered from last year was a good breaking ball pitcher with not a lot of velocity throwing his fastball around 73-75 MPH. I took the first pitch for a strike, and took 2 balls after that. I looked down the third baseline and my coach gave me the bunt sign with two outs. I was upset and didn't really understand why I was given the bunt sign. So I showed bunt and fouled the ball off, 2-2 count. Coach still gave me the bunt sign with two strikes but I refused to bunt with two strikes for obvious reasons. After I took ball three, I fouled a couple of pitches off and ultimately drew a walk. Jeremy came around to score in the inning and we took a 1-0 lead.

I came up to bat again in the third inning, with a 1-0, lead, 1 out, and Jeremy at first base. Jeremy stole second, and I got down to 0-1. Once again, coach gave me the bunt sign. I took a couple balls, fouled off a bunt, and I was down 2-2 having to use my defensive swing with a breaking ball pitcher, Rodegerdts, on the mound. Ultimately, I grounded out to first, advancing Jeremy to third, the play was ruled as a sacrifice by our scorekeeper, so I was not charged an at bat for it, even though I should have been. Jeremy came around to score after our LF, Hunter Peixoto, grounded to third and reached on an error. 2-0.

In my third at bat, I led off the fifth inning with a 3-1 lead. Woodland Christian had just put in a new pitcher who threw about 66 MPH (exceedingly slow). I didn't look down the third base line this time, and swung at the first pitch, an inside fastball and pulled a deep flyball down the right field line, but it was caught. I was somewhat satisfied with the at bat since I made solid contact but I wish I could have gotten more on top of it.

Jeremy was pulled after 4 innings pitched and we put in a reliever, Brett Huntley. Brett pitched well in the fifth, shutting down the Cardinals, allowing no runs. In the sixth, however, the Cardinals got a couple guys on on walks, and then a little guy did a sexy drag bunt so the bases were juiced and they ended up scoring another run, 3-2.

When we came into the dugout for the top of the seventh, I came in yelling, "GUYS, LETS GO, INSURANCE RUNS, WE NEED SOME RUNS HERE, GET PUMPED UP." I tried to pump out the dugout but they kinda just stayed flat. I told my fellow junior, Damian Cortez, and senior, Joseph Siciliani, to try to pump the dugout up but they didn't really do anything sadly.

I came up to the plate in that inning after Jeremy reached on error with one out. First pitch I got I took for a ball, and Jeremy stole second. I had a 2-1 count, and coach was once again telling me to bunt. I probably could have gotten a bunt single down the third base line, because the 3B was playing so far back, but I'm really slow. Anyway, to my pleasure, the pitcher payed too much attention to Jeremy at second, and balked, so Jeremy moved over to third. The next pitch, I got a meatball and smashed a flyball to right once again, and it was caught, but Jeremy scored and I got a sacrifice fly, 4-2.

In the bottom of the seventh, Brett sure enough allowed another run, but thank goodness I got that sacrifice fly, and we won 4-3. We advanced to a three game winning streak, improving to 3-3.

Now my stats are:

2-8, .250, 2RBI

I am currently on a 4-game walking streak. :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:34 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

On Wednesday, our annual Easter tournament began. This was the only fundraiser we do all year for our team, so we always have big expectations for this tournament. This year, our athletic director, did not set the tournament up very well. The first game of the tournament was supposed to be between Esparto and Brookside Christian, but Brookside did not show up, so Esparto won by forfeit sending them to the next round.

Our game was the next game, and we were scheduled to play against Victory Christian, a team we beat 15-0 last season. In this game, I was batting 7th and playing RF. Our pitcher, Jeremy Wager-Smith, gave up a run in the top of the first and we were down 1-0. We struck back in the first, scoring 4 runs, and I contritubed with a two run single to right field. I don't remember much about the game, since it was 4 days ago, but we were victorious, 12-1, and I went 2-4.

In the next game, Kings Academy, was supposed to play Stellar Prep, but Stellar Prep also did not show up, but we found a last minute substitute team in De Anza High, and Kings Academy got the W, 3-2. The next morning, Buckingham Charter Magnet played Esparto's JV team, and won by a large margin. The next game was us against Esparto Varsity, and I was getting the start, batting 6th. I was ready to pitch, and the opposing pitcher was a player that is currently being recruited by Corban University, an NAIA school.

In my first inning pitched, I struck out the side. And in my first at bat, I smoked a single up the middle. The second inning I pitched, I also struck out the side. 6 K's in 2 innings. My next at bat, I lined an RBI single to center field after Justin Neace tripled before me. In the third inning, with a 4-0 lead, I walked the first batter, a left-hander. He was thrown out stealing though, and I struck out the next two batters, still going for the perfect 21, with 8 K's through 3 innings. The next inning though, the lead off batter hit a single, but I got out of the inning, striking out another 2. 10 K's through 4 innings. In the 5th, I struggled a bit, walking the first guy, allowing a single, striking out another 2, and walking another guy. Bases loaded, 2 outs, and the leadoff hitter singles up the middle to score one, but we get the guy rounding 3rd base in a pickle and get him out. I was the one who tagged him out, and right after I tagged him I spiked the ball out of relief, allowing only 1 run. 12 K's through 5 innings. My pitch count got up there quick, over 80 pitches, so my coach decided to take me out in favor of lefty, Justin Neace. We had a 4-1 lead, but Justin could not throw strikes walking quite a few batters and driving the score up to 4-3. We did indeed hold on for the win though, and I ended up 2-3 with an RBI.

The next game was Buckingham vs. Kings Academy, and Kings destroyed them, 11-1, so we would be facing them in the championship the next night. However, Victory Christian had a game to play that night against Brookside, but Brookside did not show up, so we filled in for them. We decided to screw around in the game, pitching a senior who had never pitched before, Hunter Peixoto. We dropped down to a 9-0 deficit, but we decided to start trying, and we came back and won 10-9 on a walk-off three run inside the park home run by Jeremy Wager-Smith. I went 1-3 in that game.

The next morning, we had to fill in for Brookside again, and play Esparto's JV team, which was a joke. Long story short, we won 18-8, screwing around the whole game, I got to play second base, which was really fun to do as a lefty. I also went 1-2 with a double.

Later that night, we played the championship game against Kings Academy, a team we lost to twice in the tournament last year. My first at bat, I grounded out to first on an 0-1 curve with runners on second and third. In my second at bat, I singled to left in the fourth inning to break up the no-hitter. In the fifth inning on defense, the game fell apart. Our pitcher, Brett Huntley walked the bases loaded, and an error by our third baseman gave them a 1-0 lead. Then a single to right plated two runs and advanced the lead to 3-0. My brother, Quinlan, came in to pitch and walked 2 runs in, we were down 5-0. I got an AB in the sixth but fouled out to the third baseman and we lost 5-0, I continued my tournament hit streak, going 1-3.

My season stats:

7-21, .333 5RBI
2-0 1.40 ERA 10IP 22K

And hey, I'm back in the top five in my league in strikeouts, in 5th place with 22.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:44 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Today, we played our first game of the week against the Highlands Scots. It was a home game, at 4:00, and we got out of school early at 2:30 to set up the field. I was not in the lineup today, getting the day off, because Highlands is horrible. The last two years, we've beat them 27-0, 27-1, and 11-1.

Watching the game from the bench however, was very boring. We put up 9 runs in the first inning, but then did not score until the 4th. Coach put me in to pinch hit for Damian Cortez in the 4th. I took the first pitch for a strike, then fouled a ball off. Then I took ball one, and evaded a pitch hitting me for ball 2. The score was 9-2, and I was hitting with one out. 2-2 count, and the next pitch was a cookie, right on the inside corner, and I smashed it. Deep, deep, deep, down the right field line, about 280 feet, and it bounced around into foul territory, I kept looking at the ball as I was sprinting to first because I thought it was going to hook foul. However, it landed in fair territory and I legged out a triple, my first extra base hit of the season, and my first triple of my High School career. I came around to score on a single by Joseph Siciliani, and it was 10-2. We scored one more that inning, making 11-2, and we pulled the string in the fifth, scoring one more run, mercy ruling the Scots, 12-2.

With the win, we jumped to 7-4 on the season with a 3-0 league record. Our next game is another league game against the weakly Encina Bulldogs.

My Stats
8-22 3B 5RBI, .364
2-0 10.0IP 1.40 ERA 22K

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:36 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

On Friday, we went to Sacramento for our first away league game against Encina Prep. Encina is another school with a pretty bad baseball team. In this game, I was batting 5th starting at first base.

In my first at bat, I got to two strikes, and then flared a single to left field. In my next at bat, I got down to two strikes again and hit a soft grounder between short and third, and the shortstop made a bad throw to first, so I reached on error. In my third at bat, I hit a fly ball to left that bounced in front of the left fielder and got past him so I got to second base but it was ruled a single and an error. In my fourth and final at bat, in the bottom of the sixth, I hit a popup right down the left field line that dropped and I slid in safely at second base for a double. We ended up winning 13-3 in the game, nothing special really happened. I did end up going 3-4 with a double though, so a nice day for my stats.

My Stats
11-26 2B 3B 5RBI .423
10IP 2-0 1.40 ERA 22K

After that game, I am now on the league leaderboard in batting average, in fifth place!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~