Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post subject: (insert title here), part 4 | an OOTP 17 log
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:37 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Parker Bernhart has taken over as the new general manager and field manager for the Texas Rangers. The 18-year-old native of Fort Worth, Texas will be tasked with getting his team in order with less than two weeks to go until Opening Day. He has already gotten to work and released the Opening Day rosters for all levels of the organization down to Low-A Spokane:

MLB — Texas Rangers
Pitchers:
Cole Hamels, Derek Holland, Colby Lewis, Martin Perez, Tony Barnette, Jake Diekman, Sam Dyson, Sam Freeman, Keone Kela, Phil Klein, Tom Wilhelmsen, Shawn Tolleson
Catchers: Robinson Chirinos, Chris Gimenez
Infielders: Prince Fielder, Mitch Moreland, Rougned Odor, Adrian Beltre, Hanser Alberto, Elvis Andrus
Outfielders: Ian Desmond, Justin Ruggiano, Delino DeShields Jr., Drew Stubbs, Shin-Soo Choo

AAA — Round Rock Express
Pitchers:
Chi Chi Gonzalez, A.J. Griffin, Jeremy Guthrie, Nick Martinez, Cesar Ramos, Anthony Ranaudo, Nick Tepesch, Anthomy Carter, Andrew Faulkner, Carlos Fisher, Luke Jackson, Donnie Veal, Alex Claudio
Catchers: Michael McKenry, Brett Nicholas, Bobby Wilson
Infielders: Ike Davis, Patrick Kivlehan, Pedro Ciriaco, Drew Robinson, Joey Gallo, Doug Bernier, Jurickson Profar
Outfielders: Jared Hoying, Ryan Rua, Jordan Danks, Ryan Strausborger, James Jones, Nomar Mazara

AA — Frisco RoughRiders
Pitchers:
Chad Bell, Myles Jaye, Ariel Jurado, Frank Lopez, Yohander Mendez, Matt Bush, Francisco Mendoza, Adam Parks, Jesus Pirela, Jimmy Reyes, Connor Sadzeck, Chad Smith
Catchers: Pat Cantwell, Carlos Maldonado
Infielders: Preston Beck, Edwin Garcia, Luis D. Marte, Garrett Weber, Andy Ibanez, Isiah Kiner-Falefa
Outfielders: Alex Burg, Lewis Brinson, Zach Cone, Ryan Cordell

A+ — High Desert Mavericks
Pitchers:
Reed Garrett, Victor Payano, Ryne Slack, Dillon Tate, Sam Wolff, John Fasola, Juan Grullon, Jefri Hernandez, Jose Monegro, Michael Roth, Jose Valdespina, Jose Leclerc
Catchers: Kellin Deglan, Joe Jackson, Kevin Torres
Infielders: Ronald Guzman, Travis Demeritte, Seth Spivey, Alberto Triunfel, Tripp Martin, Luis Mendez
Outfielders: Carlos Arroyo, Chris Garia, Royce Bolinger, Luke Tendler

A — Hickory Crawdads
Pitchers:
Cody Buckel, Nick Gardewine, David Ledbetter, Jake Lemoine, Michael Matuella, Trey Lambert, Ryan Ledbetter, Richelson Pena, David Perez, Sam Stafford, John Werner, Ricardo Rodriguez
Catchers: David Lyon, Ricardo Valencia
Infielders: Elio Castillo, Dylan Moore, Scott Heineman, Josh Morgan, Michael De Leon, Juremi Profar
Outfielders: Eduard Pinto, Jose Cardona, LeDarious Clark, Jairo Beras, Jamie Potts

A- — Spokane Indians
Pitchers:
Brett Martin, Sal Mendez, Luis Ortiz, Pedro Payano, Austin Pettibone, Collin Wiles, Felix Carvallo, Kevin Lenik, Shane McCain, Joe Palumbo, Adam Quintana, Jeff Springs, Scott WIlliams, Kelvin Vasquez
Catchers: Chuck Moorman, Jose Trevino
Infielders: Carlos Garay, Brallan Perez, Ti’Quan Forbes, Xavier Turner, Josh Altmann, Yeyson Yrizarri
Outfielders: Darius Day, London Lindley, Todd McDonald, Eric Jenkins, Leodys Taveras, Connor McKay

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: (insert title here), part 4 | an OOTP 17 log
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:45 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
What happened to Yu?

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:35 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I demand that you change the name of the Spokane Indians. It is racist and highly offensive to Native Americans.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
What happened to Yu?

he's hurt

LetsGoMets77 wrote:
I demand that you change the name of the Spokane Indians. It is racist and highly offensive to Native Americans.

ok I'll change it to the Redskins

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
LetsGoMets77 wrote:
ok I'll change it to the Redskins
Thank you. Finally, someone understands the difference between offensive terms that degrade Native Americans and respectful terms that honor the Native American heritage.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Opening Day is upon us, but before we get to that we have some other news to report.

A trade between San Diego and Milwaukee was finalized: San Diego received RHP Jeremy Jeffress, while Milwaukee received RF Jabari Blash. It appears Blash will play a platoon role for the Brewers, while Jeffress will jump right into the closer’s role for the Padres.
A trade between Pittsburgh and St. Louis was finalized: Pittsburgh received RF Brandon Moss and cash, while St. Louis received SS Jordy Mercer. Mercer will start at short for the Cardinals, while Moss will be redundant as heck for the Pirates, who already have Mike Morse and John Jaso and I think someone else.
A trade between New York (NL) and Chicago (AL) was finalized: the Mets received RHP Nate Jones and SS Ramon Beltre in exchange for 2B Neil Walker. It is unclear what roles these players will play on their new teams, but the Walker trade opens a hole in the Mets infield (although that won’t last long).
A trade between Toronto and Milwaukee was finalized: Toronto received RHP Wily Peralta for LF Ezequiel Carrera and C Danny Jansen.
A trade between Philadelphia and Washington was finalized: Philadelphia received LHP Sammy Solis, and Washington received SS Freddy Galvis and RF Cord Sandberg.

International free agents Frederich Cepeda and Yulieski Gurriel have attracted interest from MLB teams in the past few weeks. Cepeda, a 35-year-old first baseman who most recently played for the NPB’s Yomiuri Giants going 0 for 21 in 20 games, and Gurriel, a 31-year-old third baseman who most recently played in the Cuban National League where he hit .488 in 35 games in 2015, have drawn interest from a number of teams thus far.
Cepeda was signed by Kansas City for 2 years, $16.2 million, and is slated to start at designated hitter for the Royals.
Gurriel, meanwhile, signed with the Mets for 1 year, $7.95 million, and has supposedly overtaken David Wright for the starting job. Hopefully the Mets realize how stupid that would be and move Gurriel to second base, allowing Wright to start at third as he has done for the entirety of his career.

The top 100 prospects list has been published. Cleveland RHP Triston McKenzie, 18, is the top prospect listed, followed by Minnesota RHP Huascar Ynoa and Texas RHP Michael Matuella. Also in the rankings from the Rangers’ farm were pitchers DeMarcus Evans (27th) and Tyler Ferguson (64th) and infielders Yimmelvyn Alonzo (38th) and Andy Ibanez (47th).

Today’s Opening Day contests will include the following matchups:
Cardinals @ Pirates
Blue Jays @ Rays
Mets @ Royals

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:17 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

We open at home against Seattle in a three-game set.

4/4: Rangers 8, Mariners 4

W: Hamels (1-0)
L: Hernandez (0-1)

Desmond (TEX): 4-4, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
Lee (SEA): 2-2, HR, 2 RBI, R, 2 BB
Hamels (TEX): 6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 4 BB, 8 K

4/5: Mariners 7, Rangers 4

W: Iwakuma (1-0)
L: Perez (0-1)
S: Cishek (1)

Iannetta (SEA): 3-3, HR, RBI, 3 R
Iwakuma (SEA): 8 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 K

Desmond (TEX): 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI

4/6: Mariners 8, Rangers 2

W: Walker (1-0)
L: Lewis (0-1)

Walker (SEA): 7 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Cano (SEA): 2-5, HR, 4 RBI, R
Marte (SEA): 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R

In other news, some trades were announced, including one sending second baseman Kolten Wong to Arizona.

We will next face the Angels on the road in a four-game series. Right-hander A.J. Griffin will be selected from AAA to start the second game of the series opposite righty Tim Lincecum.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Our four-game set with the Angels begins today. After a good first game, we faltered a bit in that first series; let’s hope that pattern doesn’t carry over to this series.

4/7: Angels 6, Rangers 0

W: Shoemaker (1-0)
L: Holland (0-1)

Shoemaker (LAA): 9 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
Abreu (LAA): 3-4, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, 2 R

Choo (TEX): 3-4, 2 SB

4/8: Rangers 9, Angels 4

W: Wilhelmsen (1-0)
L: Lincecum (0-1)

Pujols (LAA): 2-3, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
Fielder (TEX): 2-3, HR, RBI, 2 R, 2 BB
Stubbs (TEX): 2-5, HR, RBI, R, SB, BB

4/9: Rangers 3, Angels 2 (10)

W: Dyson (1-0)
L: Street (0-1)
S: Tolleson (1)

Hamels (TEX): 8.2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Trout (LAA): 3-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
Desmond (TEX): 1-4, 2 RBI; hit go-ahead RBI single in 10th

4/10: Rangers 7, Angels 5

W: Perez (1-1)
L: Heaney (1-1)
S: Tolleson (2)

Stubbs (TEX): 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R, SB
Desmond (TEX): 2-4, RBI, 2 R, BB

Simmons (LAA): 3-4, 2B, RBI, 2 R

Also notable: Giants 3B Matt Duffy and Diamondbacks 1B Paul Goldschmidt both hit for the cycle this week! Duffy finished 4 for 4 with 2 RBI and 2 runs in a 9-3 win over the Dodgers on April 8, and Goldschmidt was 4 for 4 with 4 RBI in an 8-2 victory over the Cubs on April 10.

Our next series will be in Seattle as we look to avenge the season-opening series loss at our place.

Players of the Week were announced! Toronto 3B Josh Donaldson (.458, 3 HR, 6 RBI) and Arizona 1B Paul Goldschmidt (.414, 5 HR, 13 RBI) took home the hardware this week.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:42 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

We’re now 4-3 going into this next series with Seattle.

4/11: Mariners 6, Rangers 3

W: Scribner (1-0)
L: Lewis (0-2)
S: Cishek (4)

Cano (SEA): 3-5, R
Gutierrez (SEA): 2-3, 2 RBI, SB
Walker (SEA): left with injury in 1st

4/12: Rangers 3, Mariners 2

W: Holland (1-1)
L: Miley (0-1)
S: Tolleson (3)

Holland (TEX): 8 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Miley (SEA): 9 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
Beltre (TEX): 2-4, HR, RBI, 2 R

4/13: Mariners 2, Rangers 1 (12)

W: Wieland (1-0)
L: Diekman (0-1)

Griffin (TEX): 8.2 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Cano (SEA): 3-5, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, R, BB; hit walk-off double in 12th
Paxton (SEA): left with injury in 1st

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:21 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Buzz.

Buzz. Buzz.

Buzz. Buzz.

“What the—“

I tumble onto the floor and bring the bedsheets with me. Letting a couple curses fly under my breath, I push myself off the ground and stagger over to my desk, where my phone is waiting to greet me with two text messages and a calendar event. It’s April 14th, 2016 — my dad’s 57th birthday.

Even though I’m now the GM and manager of a Major League Baseball team, I still have to finish out my last few weeks of high school. Today is a special day, as us seniors are hosting the kindergarten class and their parents in our school’s annual “Walk to the Future” event and reception. Afterwards, we’ll go on a tour of the school’s old campuses and finally go to a local country club for a luncheon with the headmaster and his wife.

After I eat breakfast and brush my teeth, I start to get dressed, changing out of my pajamas and into the business attire we have to wear for this special day. I put on my navy blue baseball socks under my long pants — it’ll save me some time later — and complete the outfit with my favorite baseball-diamond tie, although since I haven’t yet learned how to tie my own tie, my mom has to help me with that part.

I zoom to school in my gold Scion, making it to class just a couple minutes late (better than yesterday, when I showed up 20 minutes after the bell) and taking my usual spot on the couches on the second floor of the library, where I hang out with my friends Caleb and Nicole during first period nearly every day. I pull out my laptop and my headphones and listen to some music on SoundCloud while I work on some roster moves. Due to an off-day, we’re going to option A.J. Griffin, as excellent as he’s been, to Round Rock today and call up Alex Claudio to give us an extra option out of the bullpen.

Between periods, I send a text to Griffin reassuring him that he’ll be right back up as soon as his turn rolls around again; he seems to be good with everything, and I proceed to my second-period forensic science class, where I continue working through some player data collected from our first couple of weeks, taking a careful look at our farm teams’ performance thus far.

The Express are doing very well at 6-1, and Nomar Mazara is absolutely tearing it up with a .478/.552/.913 slash line so far. Jurickson Profar is also hitting well with a .355 average, 1 homer, and 3 steals, and Nick Martinez has a 2-0 record and a 2.92 ERA through 2 starts.
At Frisco, the RoughRiders are 3-3. Catcher Pat Cantwell and super-utility man Ryan Cordell have driven the offense so far; Cantwell is hitting .455 and Cordell .389 with a combined 2 home runs and 3 stolen bases. The flame-throwing bullpen led by Matt Bush and Connor Sadzeck has been solid, with Bush allowing a .143 average and Sadzeck not far behind him with a .182 average against.
The High Desert Mavericks are 4-3. With a team average of .324 (with a .426 OBP and .512 SLG), High Desert is shaping up to be one of the most prolific offenses even in an offensively-charged league. First baseman Ronald Guzman has been on fire with a .519 average through 7 games, although infielders Travis Demeritte and Alberto Triunfel and catcher Kellin Deglan also have OPSes above 1.000.
The Hickory Crawdads are 5-2, led by center fielder LeDarious Clark with a .321 average and 3 home runs in 7 games. Cody Buckel looked great in his first start with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts in 7 shutout innings, and lefty Sam Stafford has been great out of the bullpen with a 1.04 ERA in five appearances.

After forensics, we have to go out to the school’s “quad” area in the middle of the school for the reception. I mostly try to stay out of the way while passing out water to a few parents. After that, we take a class picture and load up onto the buses for the tour and luncheon, the latter of which leads to me stuffing myself full.

Before we eat, our first-grade buddies (each senior is paired with a first-grader) sing “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” and play with us for a few minutes before they have to go back to school.

After we get back to school, I change into my baseball stuff and hang out in the commons area for a couple hours, trying to knock out a few tasks. My English teacher comes in and starts talking shit about a couple of my friends, so I take out my headphones and laugh with everyone else.

Once the school day ends, I go outside to put my backpack in my car, then I go to practice. Despite our coach’s claim that we would have the field today, there is a middle school game and we have to use the old field-hockey field for practice. We stretch and throw, then the infielders and outfielders split up for fielding practice. I take some grounders at third base, then go to the batting cages to hit with a couple of freshmen. I try to work on my bunting, but I seem to have gotten a lot worse at bunting than I remember.

After practice, I head home. Once I get home, I look at my phone and see that my mom has texted me to go to the store and get some iced cookies for my dad’s birthday. I turn around and drive back to the nearby Wal-Mart, where I pick up a package of cookies and head back home.

I shower and change into my green Stars T-shirt, as tonight is the first game of their playoff series with the Minnesota Wild. After I eat dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn), I head to my bedroom and fire up my laptop again to jot down some notes. My mom and I then watch the first two periods of the Stars game before we go to bed — why they started the game at 8:30 in the evening is beyond me, and I’m trying not to stay up too late on a school night.

The next morning, my dad tells me he got home from work around 11:30 the previous night…

Happy birthday…

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:30 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

a.j. griffin throws 8.2 innings, k's 5 and allows just 1 run

DEMOTED

and he's cool with it

also how is the general manager of a major league baseball team still going to high school, and goes to said school's baseball practice

this log is just like ben carson's campaign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:02 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

LetsGoMets77 wrote:

DEMOTED

and he's cool with it

also how is the general manager of a major league baseball team still going to high school, and goes to said school's baseball practice

i mean he's not missing any starts, we had an off-day so we were gonna skip him anyways, and we'll call him back up in time for his next turn

ALSO he's a team-first guy I guess?

also 90% of the stuff in that story update actually happened irl (dad working late on his birthday, me going to school, etc.). only stuff that didn't is the part about me being the rangers' GM and even then most of that time I was "making roster moves" was me playing OOTP so

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:12 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
LetsGoMets77 wrote:

DEMOTED

and he's cool with it

i mean he's not missing any starts, we had an off-day so we were gonna skip him anyways, and we'll call him back up in time for his next turn

also 90% of the stuff in that story update actually happened irl (dad working late on his birthday, me going to school, etc.). only stuff that didn't is the part about me being the rangers' GM and even then most of that time I was "making roster moves" was me playing OOTP so
ok, but you don't see the mets demoting syndergaard to make room for sean gilmartin on off days, do you?

also why is he going to school when he is the general manager of the *(censored)* team

this makes less sense than john kasich staying in the race

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:21 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

LetsGoMets77 wrote:
AgentP wrote:
LetsGoMets77 wrote:

DEMOTED

and he's cool with it

ok, but you don't see the mets demoting syndergaard to make room for sean gilmartin on off days, do you?

also why is he going to school when he is the general manager of the *(censored)* team

this makes less sense than john kasich staying in the race

well no, but he's noah *(censored)* syndergaard, not a dude coming off multiple serious injuries with 2 starts under his belt

because i gotta get an education just in case this doesn't work out

kanye for president 2020

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

but he's in your starting rotation, why not send a bench player down for a day off

but you're the *(censored)* general manager of a *(censored)* MLB team

no