Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alternate Universe Detroit Tigers - an OOTP18 Real-Time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:19 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
April 15, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Rays C Derek Norris out for season with a torn PCL.

The Game

Tigers (6-5) @ Indians (7-3)

Matchup: Zimmermann (1-0, 3.38 ERA) vs. Kluber (1-0, 7.94)

DET - 2 | 6 | 0
CLE - 8 | 10 | 1

W - Otero (1-0)
L - Zimmermann (1-1)

PoTG: Trevor Bauer (CLE)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kluber had to leave the game after the first inning with a shoulder problem, but a three-run homer from Tyler Naquin and a solo shot from Carlos Santana helped the Indians win the first two game of the series.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Box Score

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:52 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 16, 2017

Pre-game
-Oakland offered the Tigers a trade, which would send me CF Rajai Davis for RP Francisco Rodriguez and MiLB SP Nick Neidert. I'm leaning toward no. What do you think?

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Mariners trade CF Mitch Haniger to A's for RP Ryan Dull.
-White Sox trade RP Zach Putnam to Padres for RF Hunter Renfroe.

The Game

Tigers (6-6) @ Indians (8-3)

Matchup: Fulmer (0-1, 9.00 ERA) vs. Carrasco (1-1, 4.38)

DET - 5 | 9 | 0
CLE - 6 | 5 | 1

W - Shaw (1-1)
L - Rondon (1-1)
S - Miller (5)

PoTG: Trevor Bauer (CLE)
Despite two homers from Steven Moya, Cleveland's Ivan DeJesus Jr. hit a 2-run shot in the bottom of the 8th to complete a comeback from 4-0 down to sweep the series from the Tigers.

SP Michael Fulmer had to leave the game for the Tigers after the third with wrist soreness. He's listed as day-to-day for 5 days.
Box Score

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Why'd Fulmer come out so early? Did he get hurt?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

ZeroGibson13 wrote:
Why'd Fulmer come out so early? Did he get hurt?

I should probably mention that. Yes, he got injured; had to leave with wrist soreness. I'll edit that in. My bad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:28 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
I'd also lean toward no on the trade. You certainly do need a CF, but I don't think Davis is a significant upgrade, and taking K-Rod out (as well as losing a decent prospect in Neidert) doesn't seem worth it

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:38 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 17, 2017

Off-Day Jamboroo!

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Tigers RF/DH Steven Moya named AL Player of the Week!

MLB Standings

Might I also add that the Mets started out 9-0 and are 1-2 since? What a bunch of bums.

AL + NL Stat Leaders

Image Image

Bob Evans "Down on the Farm" Minor League Records+Top Prospects

Image Image

If there's anything else you want me to include in these updates, let me know! These will be updated on every Tigers scheduled off-day in-game (sans rain delays/rainouts). Next one will be on 4/24!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 18, 2017

Pre-game
-I rejected the trade from Oakland.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Orioles traded RF Mark Trumbo to the Yankees for SP Chad Green.

The Game

Tigers (6-7) @ Rays (7-7)

Matchup: Norris (0-0, 0.66 ERA) vs. Archer (0-2, 6.00)

DET - 8 | 11 | 0
TB - 4 | 7 | 1

W - Norris (1-0)
L - Archer (0-3)

PoTG: Justin Upton (DET)
A 5-run 6th and Justin Upton's 2-run homer in the 3-run 7th helped the Tigers get off the schnide and take a win in Tampa Bay.
Box Score

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 19, 2017

Pre-game
-RF J.D. Martinez sent on rehab assignment to AAA Toledo.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (7-7) @ Rays (7-8)

Matchup: Verlander (1-1, 4.12 ERA) vs. Cobb (1-1, 2.45)

DET - 3 | 8 | 0
TB - 6 | 9 | 1

W - Hunter (1-0)
L - Verlander (1-2)

PoTG: Matt Duffy (TB)
The Tigers were tied 2-2 going into the 7th on two solo shots from Justin Upton, but a solo shot from Colby Rasmus off Verlander and a 3-run shot for Matt Duffy off of Kyle Ryan sealed the victory for the Rays.
Box Score

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 20, 2017

Pre-game
-RP Kyle Ryan sent to AAA Toledo, RP Blaine Hardy called up

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (7-8) @ Rays (8-8)

Matchup: Boyd (0-1, 11.05 ERA) vs. Odorizzi (1-1, 4.50)

DET - 8 | 11 | 0
TB - 9 | 13 | 2

W - Odorizzi (2-1)
L - Boyd (0-2)
S - Colome (6)

PoTG: Tim Beckham (TB)
The Rays took two of three from Detroit in the series, but not before the Tigers tried to come back valiantly from a 7-2 deficit. Justin Upton had two homers, including a 3-run jack in the ninth, and Miguel Cabrera went yard in the loss, while Tim Beckham went 3-for-4 with a 3-run shot that proved to be the difference. Alex Avila struck out with a man on second to end the ballgame.
Box Score

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A DIFFERENT GAME BECAUSE I FORGOT TO SAVE THE LAST ONE DUE TO A FORCED RESTART FROM GOOD OL' WINDOWS 10

April 21, 2017

Pre-game
-RF J.D. Martinez called up from rehab assignment. CF JaCoby Jones sent down to Toledo

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (7-9) @ Twins (10-6)

Matchup: Zimmermann (1-1, 5.60 ERA) vs. Gibson (2-0, 4.05)

DET - 22 | 28 | 0
MIN - 2 | 4 | 0

W - Zimmermann (2-1)
L - Gibson (2-1)

PoTG: Jose Iglesias (DET)
The Tigers put on their hitting shoes big-time today, scoring 22 runs against the Twins. Ian Kinsler had two homers, Nick Castellanos homered, and Jose Iglesias got five hits. The Tigers also had an 11-run inning to boot in the third. Not a bad night.

Except for the fact that James McCann got injured running the bases and is now day-to-day with a hyperextended elbow.
Box Score

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:22 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

So...my computer accidentally restarted on me (shoutout to Windows 10) before I could save after the last game. I'll be re-doing the 4/21 post with the new game, and will also post the new 4/22 game today. My apologies.

(I have to restart a game in which both J.D. and Nick homered...booooo)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:49 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 22, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (8-9) @ Twins (10-7)

Matchup: Fulmer (0-1, 6.75 ERA) vs. Santana (2-2, 5.30)

DET - 14 | 15 | 0
MIN - 6 | 10 | 1

W - Fulmer (1-1)
L - Santana (2-3)

PoTG: Steven Moya (DET)
Steven Moya is having a phenomenal April, and today showed why. He hit two home runs in two innings, of the two-run and three-run variety, to help the Tigers to a 14-6 win. Justin Upton and Ian Kinsler also homered for the Tigers, who get back to .500 on the season. Michael Fulmer got the win, but the 2016 rookie of the year struggled through his five innings of work, giving up all six runs the Twins earned, pushing his ERA to a ghastly 7.94 early this season.

Jose Iglesias was ejected for arguing a called third strike and is suspended for the next two games by the league for his antics.
Box Score

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:16 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 23, 2017

Pre-game
-SS Jose Iglesias suspended for two games for his antics during an ejection yesterday.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (9-9) @ Twins (10-8)

Matchup: Norris (1-0, 1.83 ERA) vs. Berrios (1-1, 3.93)

DET - 4 | 9 | 0
MIN - 3 | 5 | 1

W - Rondon (2-1)
L - Kintzler (0-2)
S - Rodriguez (3)

PoTG: Daniel Norris (DET)
Despite throwing a quality start, Daniel Norris didn't get the win tonight. Dixon Machado was the hero for the Tigers, hitting a homer off Brandon Kintzler in the ninth inning to complete the sweep of the Twins, and a 4-5 road trip.

Their next game will be Tuesday, April 25, against the Mariners.
Box Score

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Is this a legit 2-game suspension, or have they still not fixed the bug where it counts the game the player got suspended in? (I.e. if Iglesias was suspended for 2 games in OOTP17, he would have only had to sit out 1 game)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

AgentP wrote:
Is this a legit 2-game suspension, or have they still not fixed the bug where it counts the game the player got suspended in? (I.e. if Iglesias was suspended for 2 games in OOTP17, he would have only had to sit out 1 game)
Yep, it's a legit 2-gamer. He was suspended for 4/23, and because of the off-day today (which I'll recap below), he is still at 1 game left in his suspension. I also simmed today (the off day), and he's still at 1 game, so after tomorrow's game, he'll be un-suspended.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 24, 2017

Off-Day Jamboroo!

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Tigers LF Justin Upton named AL Player of the Week!

MLB Standings

The Mets still have the best record in baseball, while the Mariners, the Tigers' next opponent, is leading the NL West.

AL + NL Stat Leaders

Image Image

Huh. Just like in real life, Eric Thames leads the NL in dingers with 8... *eyes emoji* *eyes emoji* *eyes emoji*

Bob Evans "Down on the Farm" Minor League Records+Top Prospects

Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next