Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alternate Universe Detroit Tigers - an OOTP18 Real-Time
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:41 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
May 29, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (33-18) @ Royals (20-31)

Matchup: Zimmermann (5-2, 3.48 ERA) vs. Duffy (3-6, 4.12)

DET - 4 | 11 | 0
KC - 5 | 16 | 1
(13 innings)

W - Young (1-1)
L - Rondon (3-2)

PoTG: Jorge Soler (KC)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jorge Soler hit a 2-run homer in the first inning, and Christian Colon hit a walk-off single to right field in the 13th to help beat the Tigers today, 5-4.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Box Score

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:24 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

May 30, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (33-19) @ Royals (21-31)

Matchup: Fulmer (1-3, 5.94 ERA) vs. Kennedy (2-7, 6.84)

DET - 2 | 6 | 2
KC - 8 | 10 | 0

W - Kennedy (3-7)
L - Sanchez (3-1)

PoTG: Ian Kennedy (KC)
Ian Kennedy struck out 10 in seven innings, while the Royals got four runs in the eighth to put away the game. Michael Fulmer left the game in the second with an elbow injury, and is getting it evaluated in the near future.
Box Score

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:37 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

May 31, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (33-20) @ Royals (22-31)

Matchup: Norris (3-1, 4.30 ERA) vs. Vargas (3-4, 4.11)

DET - 12 | 14 | 0
KC - 3 | 5 | 1

W - Norris (4-1)
L - Vargas (3-5)

PoTG: Steven Moya (DET)
Not to be outdone by yesterday's starter for the Royals, the Tigers' Daniel Norris struck out 11 with one walk in a complete game victory for Detroit. Steven Moya hit two homers (one of them off a lefty!) while Miguel Cabrera hit one in the Tigers' rout of Kansas City.
Box Score

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:13 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 1, 2017

Off-Day Jamboroo!

PLAYERS OF THE MONTH

American League
Hitter: Miguel Cabrera, Tigers (.330 AVG/8 HR/27 RBI in May)
Pitcher: Phil Hughes, Twins (5-0 W-L/2.01 ERA/31 K in May)
Rookie: Yoan Moncada, White Sox (.318/6/17)

National League
Hitter: Nolan Arenado, Rockies (.333/11/34)
Pitcher: Jacob deGrom, Mets (6-0/2.14/48)
Rookie: Dansby Swanson, Braves (.307/6/17)

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

MLB Standings

The Nationals have caught the fire that their divisional rival Mets had earlier in the year, rattling off 16 straight wins and counting.

AL + NL Stat Leaders

Image Image

Justin Verlander leads the Majors in ERA, is tied for first in wins, and has 69 strikeouts (nice, and not listed), which is sixth in the AL.

Not pictured: Byron Buxton is having one hell of a year (.313/.381/.659 with 17 HRs and 3.6 WAR). Robinson Cano also leads the AL in average in RBI. Jacob deGrom is owning the NL.

Bob Evans "Down on the Farm" Minor League Records+Top Prospects

Image Image

The SeaWolves and Flying Tigers are in first in their respective leagues, and pitchers are leading the way among the Tigers' top prospects.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:47 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Taking a page from Agent's book, I have made a survey (in practically the same vein as Agent's log) asking people's thoughts on the format of this log, and the log in general. Take a look, and tell me what you think about the log and if it can possibly be improved!

https://goo.gl/forms/T8AGOndewRvWkdGO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:43 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
dishnet34 wrote:
Taking a page from Agent's book, I have made a survey (in practically the same vein as Agent's log) asking people's thoughts on the format of this log, and the log in general. Take a look, and tell me what you think about the log and if it can possibly be improved!

https://goo.gl/forms/T8AGOndewRvWkdGO2

wow cool I'm a trendsetting #brand now

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:02 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 2, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (34-20) vs. White Sox (21-32)

Matchup: Verlander (6-2, 2.55 ERA) vs. Gonzalez (1-7, 6.55)

CHW - 2 | 9 | 0
DET - 3 | 5 | 0

W - J. Wilson (4-1)
L - Robertson (0-3)

PoTG: Justin Verlander (DET)
Steven Moya was the hero for the Tigers, hitting an 0-2 fastball from David Robertson deep to right field for a walk-off 2-run homer. Even though Justin Verlander didn't get the win, he went 8.1 IP and struck out 10 in a sparkling start for the veteran right-hander. Victor Martinez went deep for the fifth time to round out the scoring for the Tigers.

For the White Sox, Geovany Soto had a solo shot in the third inning.
Box Score

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:43 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 3, 2017

Pre-game
SP Michael Fulmer was diagnosed with radial nerve compression and will miss 7-8 months, ending his season. SP Buck Farmer (2-8, 4.45 ERA, 7.4 K/9 in AAA) was called up from AAA Toledo to take his place, and will start today.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (35-20) vs. White Sox (21-33)

Matchup: Farmer vs. Giolito (2-3, 4.62)

CHW - 6 | 11 | 0
DET - 3 | 9 | 1

W - Giolito (2-4)
L - Farmer (0-1)

PoTG: Jose Abreu (CHW)
Buck Farmer did not have a good season debut tonight, going only 3.1 IP and giving up 6 runs (5 earned). Anibal Sanchez, Justin Wilson, and K-Rod kept the White Sox at bay from there, but outside of a 3-spot in the fifth, the Tigers couldn't muster up enough offense. The Tigers did have a chance in the bottom of the ninth, with the bases loaded and 2 out, but David Robertson struck out Miguel Cabrera on a 3-2 pitch to end the game.

Melky Cabrera was removed from the game with a back injury in the eighth. He will be evaluated in the coming days.
Box Score

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:11 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 4, 2017

Pre-game
-In the latest All-Star Game voting update, Miguel Cabrera still leads the pack at 1B, with 844,676 votes. Justin Upton is still in second place for LF, 36,000 votes behind the Yankees' Matt Holliday, and J.D. Martinez is still in second at DH, 14,000 votes behind the Red Sox's Andrew Benintendi. (Also, Steven Moya has been doing better than Nelson Cruz has all season, and yet, Cruz is in second place in RF, while Moya isn't in top three? What?)

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Missed this a couple days ago, but Indians SP Corey Kluber threw a no-hitter against the Royals on 6/2. He had 12 strikeouts and no walks, while the only blemish on his record was a sixth inning error. Wow.
-The top vote-getter in the AL ASG voting is Mariners 2B Robinson Cano with 845,869 votes, while in the NL, Cubs 3B Kris Bryant has 931,393 votes.
-I regret to inform that the Washington Nationals lost a game, ending their 17-game winning streak.

The Game

Tigers (35-21, 1st in AL Central) vs. White Sox (22-33, 5th in AL Central)

Matchup: Zimmermann (5-2, 3.64) vs. Quintana (6-2, 3.84)

CHW - 3 | 5 | 0
DET - 2 | 9 | 2

W - Jones (2-1)
L - Rodriguez (0-1)
S - Lopez (1)

PoTG: Jordan Zimmermann (DET)
A ninth inning solo shot by Geovany Soto off Francisco Rodriguez gave the White Sox the win and the series today. Jordan Zimmermann had a good start, going seven and giving up only two runs. Justin Upton his his AL-leading 18th homer of the year as well, a 2-run shot in the 7th to tie the game at 2.

Nick Castellanos left the game in the ninth inning with a shoulder injury. He was diagnosed with shoulder tendinitis and is day-to-day for the next four days.
Box Score

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 1, 2017

Off-Day Jamboroo!

Tigers News
Scouting Director Tai Ban discovered 16-year-old Netherlands Antilles SP Ferrie Wassing. His potential is only .5*, so it's kinda inconsequential.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

MLB Standings

The Tigers officially have the best record in the AL at 35-22, a half-game ahead of the Mariners. Meanwhile, it's a safe bet that two teams from the NL East at the very least are going to the playoffs.

AL + NL Stat Leaders

Image Image

Justin Verlander is still steamrolling the AL, while Justin Upton co-leads the AL in dingers. In the NL, Kris Bryant is leading the entire MLB in homers and WAR, and Starling Marte has a 19-game hitting streak going.

Bob Evans "Down on the Farm" Minor League Records+Top Prospects

Image Image

The DSL season got underway yesterday with a 4-0 win over the Cubs' secondary DSL team. That means a whole lot more teams will be featured with the MiLB standings the rest of the way! (Also, disregard the second sighting of the Whitecaps. I have two "Your Minor League System" windows running to get this view, and that's the best I can do.)

NOTE: Tomorrow, in-game, is the 2017 MLB Draft. I'll give a run-down of every pick in the first round, and a run-down of who the Tigers pick in subsequent rounds. See you tomorrow!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

damn that's way more in-depth than my planned draft coverage

congrats on being 1st in the entire AL !!

(also holy shit that NL East race)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:43 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

AgentP wrote:

Yeah, it's moreso going to be a list of who picked whom in the draft. Nothing too special. (Already have it written out, actually, so there's that)

Thanks for the congrats on first place, and the NL East race is going to be something *(censored)* else. Hell, there could be *3* teams coming out of the NL East if things go correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

dishnet34 wrote:
AgentP wrote:

Yeah, it's moreso going to be a list of who picked whom in the draft. Nothing too special. (Already have it written out, actually, so there's that)

Thanks for the congrats on first place, and the NL East race is going to be something *(censored)* else. Hell, there could be *3* teams coming out of the NL East if things go correctly.

ooo ok, I did less picks but more expanded coverage if that makes sense (I, too, have it written out, though it'll be another 32 updates before we get to that lmfao)

peep that AL Central too, double wild cards there as well

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:35 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 6, 2017

MLB Draft Edition

Even though it's a week before the actual event IRL, the 2017 MLB Draft was conducted today from Studio 42 at the MLB Network Studios. There's a new crop of talented youngsters ready to take the baseball world by storm...in a few years, of course. Here now are the entire results of the first round, with the Tigers pick emphasized. (* indicates HS players)

1. Minnesota Twins: SP Hunter Greene*
2. Cincinnati Reds: CF Jeren Kendall
3. San Diego Padres: SS Royce Lewis*
4. Tampa Bay Rays: SP Kyle Wright
5. Atlanta Braves: CF Austin Beck*
6. Oakland Athletics: SP Alex Faedo
7. Arizona Diamondbacks: CF Quentin Holmes*
8. Philadelphia Phillies: SP Alex Lange
9. Milwaukee Brewers: SP J.B. Bukauskas
10. Los Angeles Angels: CF Cole Brannen*
11. Chicago White Sox: SS Brady McConnell*
12. Pittsburgh Pirates: SP Hans Crouse*
13. Miami Marlins: SP Alex Scherff*
14. Kansas City Royals: SP Blayne Enlow*
15. Houston Astros: 3B Mark Vientos*
16. New York Yankees: SP Tristan Beck
17. Seattle Mariners: SP Brendan McKay
18. Detroit Tigers: CF Jordon Adell*
19. San Francisco Giants: SP Jacob Heatherly*
20. New York Mets: SP D.L. Hall*
21. Baltimore Orioles: 1B Alejandro Toral*
22. Toronto Blue Jays: SP Tanner Houck
23. Los Angeles Dodgers: RP Zach Pop
24. Boston Red Sox: SP Trevor Rogers*
25. Washington Nationals: 1B Pavin Smith
26. Texas Rangers: CF Drew Waters*
27. Chicago Cubs: CF Michael Gigliotti
28. Toronto Blue Jays: SP Colton Hock
29. Texas Rangers: SP Clarke Schmidt
30. Chicago Cubs: SP MacKenzie Gore*
31. Tampa Bay Rays: SP Seth Romero
32. Cincinnati Reds: SP Hagen Danner*
33. Oakland Athletics: LF Keston Hiura
34. Milwaukee Brewers: C J.J. Schwarz
35. Minnesota Twins: SP Sam Carlson*
36. Miami Marlins: 1B Nick Pratto*

And now, the Tigers' picks from the rest of the draft:

Round 2: SP Mitchell Traver
Round 3: LF Calvin Mitchell*
Round 4: SP Kevin Abel*
Round 5: RF Trey Truitt
Round 6: SP Ricardo Salinas
Round 7: CF Aaron Bond*
Round 8: RF Kevin Bryant
Round 9: SP Keegan Baar
Round 10: RP Alec Byrd
Round 11: C Michael McCann
Round 12: SP Braeden Holub
Round 13: 2B Matt Sanders
Round 14: 1B Reynaldo Rivera*
Round 15: SP Michael Rodgers
Round 16: RP Keith Weisenberg
Round 17: RP/3B Jack Labosky
Round 18: CF Joseph Estrada
Round 19: LF Austin Bentley
Round 20: 2B Jacob Olson*
Round 21: SP Josh Nashed
Round 22: C Jeffery Scott
Round 23: SP Jake Danner
Round 24: 1B Elijah Christenson
Round 25: RF Dalton Filotei
Round 26: SS Brad Antchek
Round 27: SP Brandon Casas
Round 28: 3B Justin Thaxton
Round 29: SS Greg Saenz
Round 30: CF Derek Chapman
Round 31: SP Gavin Niquette
Round 32: RP Jarrett Montgomery*
Round 33: RP John Moynihan
Round 34: C Joey Thomas
Round 35: RP Matt Ellis
Round 36: RF Geoffrey Lee
Round 37: RP Aaron Soto
Round 38: 2B Tyler Brown
Round 39: RP Cason Sherrod (s/o to the Discord group)
Round 40: RP Austin Jones

Out of those picks, I'll have to negotiate with the 1st-5th round picks, the 16th round pick, and the 20th round pick. Here's hoping for some success.

Next post: the game for June 6.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:36 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 6, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (35-22, 1st in AL Central) vs. Angels (30-30, 3rd in AL West)

Matchup: Norris (4-1, 4.13) vs. Shoemaker (5-4, 3.74)

LAA - 2 | 7 | 1
DET - 4 | 9 | 1

W - Norris (5-1)
L - Shoemaker (5-5)
S - Rodriguez (13)

PoTG: Daniel Norris (DET)
Jonathan Papelbon Papelbon'd today for the Angels, giving up an eventual game-winning pinch-hit home run to J.D. Martinez in the 7th inning. It was the third homer hit by the Tigers in the game, preceding Miguel Cabrera's line drive solo shot in the fourth inning and Justin Upton's smash to left-center field in the sixth.

Daniel Norris struck out seven in eight innings of work, continuing his masterful run as of late. Francisco Rodriguez gave up a hit, but got all three outs in the ninth to close down the game.
Box Score

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next