Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Alternate Universe Detroit Tigers - an OOTP18 Real-Time
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
ooo solid draft haul

love me some Keegan Baar, I end up drafting him almost every time I play

also word to Traver (TCU) and a bunch of guys I've drafted in the past -- Abel, Sanders, Labosky, Antchak, Montgomery (?), Lee, and of course Sherrod

interesting to see Hiura drafted as a LF since he's been battling shoulder issues IRL and probably gonna be a 2B/DH type (tho he's a terrific athlete)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:27 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
I highly doubt it, but can you search Lucas Sweany to see if I was in the draft lol?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:36 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
I highly doubt it, but can you search Lucas Sweany to see if I was in the draft lol?

Nope. Nothing, Mr. Sweany. Ball out in college, then maybe...

June 7, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Diamondbacks trade MiLB SP Braden Shipley to the Orioles for MiLB SP Keegan Akin and MiLB SP Max Knutson.

The Game

Tigers (36-22, 1st in AL Central) vs. Angels (30-31, 3rd in AL West)

Matchup: Greene (4-3, 3.80) vs. Skaggs (3-3, 5.30)

LAA - 2 | 4 | 0
DET - 4 | 11 | 1
(10 innings)

W - Rodriguez (2-1)
L - Bedrosian (1-4)

PoTG: Shane Greene (DET)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Justin Upton delivered heroics again for the Tigers today in the 10th inning, hitting a walk-off 2-run homer almost out of the ballpark to center field. He's the first player in the AL, and the second in MLB (Kris Bryant) to reach the 20 homer milestone this season. Shane Greene was cruising along until the 7th, when Kole Calhoun took him deep for a 2-run shot to right-center to tie the game at 2 at that point, and it would stay that way until Upton's moonshot in the 10th.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Box Score

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

dishnet34 wrote:
ZeroGibson13 wrote:

heck just ball, period, in college. I've found a lot of guys who don't really play that much in draft classes, two prime examples being Chris Lowe (Indiana, mostly a pinch hitter and only got 5 AB this year) and Jesse Wilkening (Nebraska's backup catcher, though he was picked in 2015), so there's a very real chance you could be in the game in a few years

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

AgentP wrote:
dishnet34 wrote:
ZeroGibson13 wrote:

heck just ball, period, in college. I've found a lot of guys who don't really play that much in draft classes, two prime examples being Chris Lowe (Indiana, mostly a pinch hitter and only got 5 AB this year) and Jesse Wilkening (Nebraska's backup catcher, though he was picked in 2015), so there's a very real chance you could be in the game in a few years

That'd be super cool lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 7, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (37-22, 1st in AL Central) vs. Angels (30-32, 3rd in AL West)

Matchup: Verlander (6-2, 2.51) vs. Chavez (4-3, 3.62)

LAA - 2 | 9 | 1
DET - 3 | 8 | 1
(15 innings)

W - Sanchez (4-1)
L - Street (1-2)

PoTG: Jesse Chavez (LAA)
Ian Kinsler hit a walk-off single to score Nick Castellanos in the 15th inning to end a wild game in Detroit. The Tigers offense couldn't solve Jesse Chavez all night, but managed to hit when it counted, with Victor Martinez hitting a clutch solo shot in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game at 2. Justin Verlander had a meh outing, and Anibal Sanchez made a case for the starting rotation with four solid innings of relief.
Box Score

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:25 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 9, 2017

Pre-game
-The Tigers sent RP Blaine Hardy to Toledo and called up RP Paco Rodriguez.
-AAA RP Mike Zagurski was released from his contract, while AA RP Jared Miller was called up to AAA.
-Tigers first round selection Jordon Adell and 16th round selection Keith Weisenberg cut off signing negotiations with the team, and will re-enter the draft next year.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (38-22, 1st in AL Central) @ Red Sox (28-32, 3rd in AL East)

Matchup: Farmer (0-1, 13.50) vs. Pomeranz (5-2, 5.31)

DET - 5 | 9 | 0
BOS - 3 | 8 | 0

W - Rondon (4-2)
L - Thornburg (1-1)
S - Rodriguez (14)

PoTG: Buck Farmer (DET)
Buck Farmer had a markedly better start than his first outing, going six innings, striking out three, and only giving up one run while getting 10 groundball outs. It got a little dicy in the late innings with solo homers from Mitch Moreland and Hanley Ramirez, but K-Rod struck out the side in the bottom of the ninth to seal the deal.
Box Score

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

ooo that 1st round comp pick's gonna be Nice

also, [cue angry article from Blaine Hardy's wife about him getting sent down]

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:06 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 10, 2017

Pre-game
Nothing to report.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Nothing to report.

The Game

Tigers (39-22, 1st in AL Central) @ Red Sox (28-33, 3rd in AL East)

Matchup: Zimmermann (5-2, 3.32) vs. Kelly (2-1, 4.50)

DET - 4 | 13 | 0
BOS - 5 | 9 | 0

W - Pelfrey (5-1)
L - VerHagen (1-1)
S - Kimbrel (8)

PoTG: Jackie Bradley, Jr. (BOS)
The Tigers let some golden opportunities pass them by as they left eight men on base in their loss to the Red Sox. Miguel Cabrera almost gave the Tigers the lead in the top of the ninth with a deep fly ball to center off Craig Kimbrel with two outs and a runner on, but Jackie Bradley, Jr. made the catch at the base of the wall to end the game.

Steven Moya homered for the Tigers, while JBJ had a key 3-run shot in the first inning to set the tone for Boston.
Box Score

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:45 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 11, 2017

Pre-game
-In the latest ASG update, nothing changed in terms of where Tigers players are. Miguel Cabrera is still first at 1B, Justin Upton is still second in LF behind Matt Holliday, and J.D. Martinez is still second at DH to Andrew Benintendi. Justin Verlander is still in first place at SP, and Steven Moya is still getting no love from ASG voters.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
-Mariners 2B Robinson Cano and Cubs 3B Kris Bryant still hold respective vote leads in ASG voting.

The Game

Tigers (39-23, 1st in AL Central) @ Red Sox (29-33, 3rd in AL East)

Matchup: Norris (5-1, 3.94) vs. Wright (2-5, 4.56)

DET - 0 | 1 | 1
BOS - 2 | 8 | 0

W - Wright (3-5)
L - Norris (5-2)

PoTG: Steven Wright (BOS)
The Tigers could not figure out Steven Wright at all, as the knuckleballer struck out seven Tigers tonight en route to a shutout. The only blemishes on his record were a fifth inning Nick Castellanos double and walks to Steven Moya (twice!!) and Castellanos. Josh Donaldson and Chris Young both had RBI for the Red Sox in the first inning off Daniel Norris (who had a good start otherwise) to score the only runs of the game.
Box Score

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:07 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

So, I had a bit of a snafu this morning with a lot of things, after trying to shut down my computer during yet another failed install of updates (which usually works fine with no damage done), and this time a fair amount of damage was done in terms of my computer. First Chrome, then my e-mail program, Thunderbird, and unfortunately, the game file I use for this log. I tried all I could to recover the game files, but to no avail.

With a heavy heart, I have to declare this log officially dead, due to corrupted league files and corrupted world file.

I had a lot of fun with this log; it was very challenging to just go one day at a time, but I'll admit I cheated and did a couple games a day as backlog, just because it was just plain fun to follow along with my team's progress! I'm not a fan of making restore points in OOTP, and admittedly, this is what cost me (along with my own stupidity and my computer's stupidity, but I digress).

I really hope you enjoyed this look at what how the Tigers did in this alternate universe of sorts, and you bet I'm going to try this again in 2018. Same format, same concept, same methods, more restore points. Go Tigers.

P.S. I'm also suuuuuuuper-pissed that I'm losing the best season I've ever had from Steven Moya! *(censored)* SHIT!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:10 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Dang, that's super unfortunate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9