Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

????
good!!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ok 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
frosted flakes 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Re: Pete Grossman: Mashing to the Majors | RTTS 17 Log
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
We returned to Akron for a three-game series against the Richmond Flying Squirrels, the Giants’ AA affiliate. I was in right field, batting third in the season opener against righty Samuel Coonrod.

I went 0 for 4 with an embarrassing misplay in right, but we managed to win the game, 5-3.

In the second game, I was still third and in right field. This time, I handled all of my chances cleanly (though I only got one), and I went 3 for 6 at the plate, including a solo home run in the first inning. We won the game 3-2 on a walk-off hit by Bobby Bradley in the twelfth inning.

In game three of the series, I was kept in the three-hole and in my new “home” of right field. I went 1 for 4, the one hit being the two-run homer that gave us the lead for good. We held on for a 5-2 win and the sweep of Richmond.

After an off day Thursday, we were back in action Friday in Hartford, facing off against the Yard Goats, Colorado’s Double-A team. I was moved into the cleanup spot for the series opener, still manning right field. I had my best game as a professional, going 4 for 5 with a double and four RBI.

I was moved back to the three-hole in our second game, switching spots with Bobby, our usual cleanup hitter. I went 1 for 4, doubling and driving in two runs while scoring one of my own. We took home another win, 11-8.

We went for the sweep Sunday with me once again hitting third and playing right field. I went 2 for 5 with a homer, two RBI, and two runs, but we took the 7-6 loss in extra innings, ending our winning streak at five.

SEASON STATS:

Akron (AA):
42 G (42 GS), 50-182 (.275), 7 2B, 10 HR, 35 RBI, 23 R, 1 SB, 3 BB/32 K, .283 OBP, .478 SLG, .962 FLD%
Games by position: DH (32), RF (10)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:35 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

After the game Sunday, I called Colt, hoping I could just catch up with him, see how school was going, all that good stuff.

He assured me that he was pulling straight As in his classes, and told me a bit about how baseball was going. The Lowell team was still going strong, finishing second in the conference, and Colt had even pulled some playing time off the bench, playing in 18 of the team’s 24 games — he had mostly been used as a pinch-runner and defensive sub, but he had also managed to go 3 for 10 at the plate.

Colt had taken on a big leadership role, founding an after-school Alliance Club that welcomed LGBTQ+ students from the entire area, including schools both in and out of the MSC (the six-team conference in which Lowell competed). Despite being just 12 years old and one of the youngest club members, Colt was named club president. He got really excited telling me about how well meetings had been going lately. “I kinda got a crush on this one boy, though,” he said a bit gloomily. “I dunno if that’s allowed, like, for me to date someone who’s in the club.”

I told him I highly doubted anyone would have a problem with it, save for our father, who had already displayed his disapproval after Colt came out to us as a family a year back.

“Speaking of which, how are things at home?” I asked.

Colt told me that things were generally okay, though Frank had been acting really weird lately. “He’s always in the bathroom or in his room,” he told me, “and I think I saw him smoking at school the other day.”

I called Frank later to check in on him, and he confirmed what Colt had told me. “Yeah, I started smoking. What’s the big idea, anyways?”

“Look, I’m on your side. I just want to make sure you’re okay, is all. I know things can be rough with Dad, but I want you to know that I’m behind you all the way. I’m still your brother, after all.”

Frank calmed down a bit. “Oh, okay. I thought you were gonna rat me out to Dad.”

“Never!” I exclaimed.

“Alright,” Frank laughed. “I mean, I’m not doing great, but I’m hanging in there. I appreciate you reaching out to me, though.”

“No prob. Love you!” I said as I hung up.

Nonetheless, something seemed odd about Frank’s tone in conversation, and I texted Colt telling him to keep an eye out for anything suspicious — “for his sake,” I said. Colt promised he would keep me up to date if anything developed.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:47 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

We matched up with Altoona for our next series. I was kept in the three-hole, starting in right field for the eleventh straight game.

I went 2 for 5 at the plate, including a grand slam in the fourth inning. I also made a diving catch in the seventh that elicited oohs and aahs from even the Curve fans. Colt texted me after the game, saying he had seen a video of my catch on ESPN’s Top 10 segment, and that kids around school were buzzing with excitement after my big start to the season.

I went 1 for 4 in our next game, striking out twice, though we won the game, meaning the best Altoona could do was manage a draw in the four-game series. We lost the next game, with me going 0 for 4 at the plate, but we rebounded to take an 8-2 win in the fourth game of the series. For my part, I went 3 for 5 with a double, two RBI, and a run scored.

After the game, the manager called me into his office. He said that the Indians had a real need in right field, and they liked what they had seen of me in that role so far. He asked if I would be willing to stick in right field going forward. I told him I would do whatever it took to win a championship, but also asked for some pointers to help me grow into that role. The bench coach came to talk to me, and I asked him about the prototype for right field, left field, and first base. From what he said, it sounded like I have a real shot at sticking in any of those positions, though I’m not sure I have quite enough of an arm to play right field regularly.

SEASON STATS:

Akron (AA): 46 G (46 GS), 56-200 (.280), 8 2B, 11 HR, 41 RBI, 25 R, 1 SB, 3 BB/37 K, .288 OBP, .485 SLG, .973 FLD%
Games by position: DH (32), RF (14)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aaaaaand that's it. I was playing this log on my roommate's PS4, this is as far as I got before the school year ended and he took The Show with him (it was his game) so yeah, I'm probably not going to continue this unless I suddenly decide to buy the game??? hope y'all enjoyed

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: