All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hyper Recovery & Arrange/Season Question
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I've run into the hyper recovery a couple times but does anyone get it to trigger about 90% of the time? I apologize in advanced if someone has already addressed this.

Oh, one last question. I've only created one success mode player (b/f I discovered this awesome site :) ) and then started a season. Do you think it's more of a challenge to create an arrange team of created players instead of using a regular team in season mode?

Post subject: Re: Hyper Recovery & Arrange/Season Question
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:55 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I think it would be more of a challenge to take on a team like KC, add a Success player, and try to win. Your standard Success player should be roughly good enough to come in and start at a given position, or at least be worth a good backup role.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Yeah, I made my character and started playing with the Braves. Even playing on normal settings, it seems pretty easy (though some games were quite challenging). I'll try that. Are there any other suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
A good strategy to get hyper recovery is to study your first few turns until you reach Level 1 Bookworm and try to get the "Mind Training Necklace". A graduate's charm will help too. If you get Annie's exercises you can study even if your vitality is in the red without passing out. If you've got Annie your bookworm will get to level 2 in no time. When you reach Bookworm Level 2, you will be able to see the Hyper Recovery Gauge.

Make sure you also either have many "Powerin DXs" normal "Powerins," a Tourmaline Ring"nd a "Recovery Necklace" though the necklace isn't all that necessary. Keep your vitality up enough so that the injury risk is low. I like to equip an "Injury Necklace" for that reason.

Practice many times without rest to fill the recovery gauge into the yellow area. To get the biggest bonus, try and get the gauge as close to the back end of the yellow area as possible. If you go beyond the yellow area, you can use the "Hyper Recovery Supplement" to extend the area. I would hold of until you are ready to rest before you do that. Stick to strength and speed training to get the most out of it.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:50 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
We have proven time and again that doing
strength training 5 times without resting nets you 99 strength points in the hyper recovery
and 4 times will get you 72 strength points

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:52 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
i will try to that

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:56 pm 
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Favorite Team: Red Sox
calislim wrote:
Practice many times without rest to fill the recovery gauge into the yellow area. To get the biggest bonus, try and get the gauge as close to the back end of the yellow area as possible. If you go beyond the yellow area, you can use the "Hyper Recovery Supplement" to extend the area. I would hold of until you are ready to rest before you do that. Stick to strength and speed training to get the most out of it.

That's true for the early parts of the game, but the H-Rec Gauge doesn't determine the amount of the bonus, just the availability. After training upgrades (pressurized training and Star upgrades), you can hit the lower end of the sweet spot and still get a +99 bonus.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
I'd suggest that you don't get too far in your season in normal mode. Give it about 30-40 games and you'll be able to win 19/20 games and everything will be way too easy. Maybe you should start a season losing most of the games at expert or even All-Star(my mode, still too easy so far) and get over the learning curve without restarting the season.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Just giving an update. I started another Success mode character and got the Hyper Rec. I just have to say that I was shocked that I'm doing really well. I also managed somehow to make the roster on the first year. I'm almost done and once I finish I'll upload pics of the player.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

cownip wrote:
I'd suggest that you don't get too far in your season in normal mode. Give it about 30-40 games and you'll be able to win 19/20 games and everything will be way too easy. Maybe you should start a season losing most of the games at expert or even All-Star(my mode, still too easy so far) and get over the learning curve without restarting the season.

Should I set my controls to expert/all-star or are you referring to the AI? Or both?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:46 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Swashbuckla wrote:
cownip wrote:

Should I set my controls to expert/all-star or are you referring to the AI? Or both?

He's Saying change the AI there is no reason to change your own unless you wanna make pitching harder for yourself

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

So, I did what you peeps said. I have actually 4 success mode players playing on the Royals roster (one pitcher and 3 fielders) and playing with the AI on expert. I am getting rocked lol! I still don't have a win and that's with 5 games into the season. Thanks for the help. It seems like someone shouldn't be cool with an 0-5 record but it's fun and challenging for me. I can only hope to get better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:14 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
You'll get the hang of it. Plus you're playing with the Royals. Soon enough, it'll be too easy and you'll want to bump it up a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '08: Don't Own
Just wait till the draft. since your the royals you will have a top 5 pic. so make sure you make the best out of it. oh yeah, if you want to know about the draft, there's a thread called "the draft" :D

Ride him like a rented mule!

They were on you like a bunch of spider monkeys

Wear um like a cheap suit

When life gives you a crap sandwich you gotta say pass the mayonaise i'm takin it.