Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Starting Pitchers - A Stamina? How?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Secrets Of Pitching.
A special book obtained during Random Events that, when used/read, can teach you a random ability.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:30 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '08: Don't Own
OHHHH. thank you. :D

Ride him like a rented mule!

They were on you like a bunch of spider monkeys

Wear um like a cheap suit

When life gives you a crap sandwich you gotta say pass the mayonaise i'm takin it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:28 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Angels
MrWelz wrote:
How many turns does it take to gain enough money man rating to be able to learn the abilities, or see them?

You need bookworm level 3 to "unlock" abilities in the glove. A couple runs ago i noticed that even if you complete a game with less then bookworm level 3 and an item with an ability equipped, you still gain a message that says you've gained some of the experience required to unlock the ability of the item. I'm curious to see, what happens if you fully unlock the ability of an item with less then level 3 bookworm, then gain level 3 bookworm.

I favor the FB Life/Dr K glove route, and always use the SoP's from the professors homeworks for Good Delivery, Safe Pitch, or Lucky. Taking one event method over the other doesn't seem like that huge of a decision.... getting them both is ideal :o

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:13 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Is it the Moneyman rating that gives you the ability to see what you can unlock in an item?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
rsoohoo wrote:
You need bookworm level 3 to "unlock" abilities in the glove. A couple runs ago i noticed that even if you complete a game with less then bookworm level 3 and an item with an ability equipped, you still gain a message that says you've gained some of the experience required to unlock the ability of the item. I'm curious to see, what happens if you fully unlock the ability of an item with less then level 3 bookworm, then gain level 3 bookworm.

I was never sure exactly what level 3 bookworm did because I have always been able to unlock abilities without it. I would assume it makes it easier to do.

Swashbuckla wrote:
Is it the Moneyman rating that gives you the ability to see what you can unlock in an item?

Yup that's the one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
I find that it seems easier to unlock an ability with lvl 3 bookworm or higher. it might take 2-3 games without it, but about 1-2 games with it.

"Almost dying changes nothing, dying changes everything." - Gregory House M.D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
I found getting A stamina easy whether you gamble or not. It is just strength training with recovery necklace and recovery pills to get the str points. I found the top speed is where you need to gamble.

If you want to make a good pitcher I suggest giving up on making betty happy because it is too much work for the gyroball. Go for annie and get the sop and the surprise bag. Reload the bag until you get sop or the legends of baseball. I did this and got fastball life from the legends and dr k from the sop.

Another thing that is good for pitchers is to use willie for the first season, and the beginning of the second. He will pitch great and score you some extra points. Then when you are good you can pitch.

I don't post characters but I have one with b ctrl, a stam, level 7 knuckle, level 3 2sfb level 4 sld and throws 103 with tons of abilities. I admit there was a gamblers ring involved. The key I found was doing well in the games- it makes a huge difference in the points after each game.

Vicsphttp://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo204/hockeyrama1/vic%20sp/
Ellisp, grandpaC,MadSP-no save /reload pitcher and Dylan CF/RF can be found through the main linkhttp://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo204/hockeyrama1/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:04 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

hockeyrama wrote:
The key I found was doing well in the games- it makes a huge difference in the points after each game.

Doing well in games realy does make a huge difference. Winning and doing well at the sam time is a major bonus because it seemed like I got an extra points in each category for winning and an additional number of points for doing well which made everything much easier to do. O and winning the Super-Star game at the end really, really helps out also.

Just using a s/l strategy w/o the gamblers ring, I was able to make a starter with:

C ctrl (low C), A stam (around 160), lvl 5 Sld, lvl 4 Crv, lvl 3 Chg, and a lvl 2 Snk with every pitching ability that you can get in the "boost abilities" section, got consistency and durability also as a fielder and throws around 83.

I had started out with the mentality of making a "crafty" right hander (yea, I know those don't exist but w/e) and I think I did a pretty good job.

I don't know how you guys can max out every single thing and still have points left over to boost up fielding abilities.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:33 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Favorite Team: Pirates
I think if you use lots of strength practice and spend it on Top Speed, Just use your leftover points for stamina. My best pitcher had a 88 top speed with A stamina.

LETS GO PENS!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!