Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disabling pitching cursor? completely?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:07 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Don't Own
Hi all,

My first post here. I can't believe I didn't know about this forum, when MLBPP is one of my all time favourite console games. Anyway, got a question here.

Is it possible to completely disable the pitching cursor so that you don't ever see any kind of cursor other than the ball itself? I play this game with my roommates quite a bit, and we noticed that because of the pitching cursor, neither of us would bite on balls that are somewhat far from the strike zone. For example, if I'm trying to hit a high fastball out of the strike zone, I don't want to be able to tell that it's going to be a ball the moment it leaves the pitcher's hand. We turned off the cursor for deciding where to pitch, but once the ball leaves the pitcher's hand, the cursor still shows up during its flight to the catcher.

I'm pretty sure we can't turn it completely off (at least not on the ps2 version), but it would be great if we could. And if not, does anyone know if we have that option on the 2008 version?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Disabling pitching cursor? completely?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the cursor you use to decide where to pitch, but rather the ball location mark that shows up over the plate after the ball leaves the pitcher's hand.

I purchased the 2008 version today hoping that there would be an option to turn it off, but that wasn't the case. I think the problem is that my roommate and I have been playing to WAY too much and probably got too good at reading each other's pitches.. (We've been playing ~2 games almost everyday for the past 2+ yrs.... yes, we have no life.). We even tried covering up the strike zone and try to read the pitches based on how it looks when it leaves the pitcher's hand, but then the batter couldn't see the bat. So, that didn't work.

Thanks again guys, and here's a bump.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:49 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
First of all, welcome to the forum!

And no, I don't believe it's possible to completely get rid of it. The best you can do is to make it invisible until it leaves the pitchers hand. If you're trying to make it more challenging, I recommend changing the pitching cursor from 'Ball' to 'Point'. Changing it to point makes it a flashing cursor that can make it hard to tell where the pitch is and which direction it is going.

EDIT: Another thing you can do is change the pitch speed level to fast. That also can make batting more challenging.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:10 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks. I'll try the faster pitching speed and see how it goes. Maybe they'll give us the option of turning it completely off for the 2009 version, if it comes here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:12 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
kha wrote:
Thanks. I'll try the faster pitching speed and see how it goes. Maybe they'll give us the option of turning it completely off for the 2009 version, if it comes here.

Unlikely, but we still have hope.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals