Post subject: Re: David DeJesus
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:53 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
DarkShade wrote:
All I'm gonna say is the Reds better have Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce on the AAA list

I'm not sure if this game also has to follow the rules that a player had to play in the big leagues the year before, but if so Bruce won't be in the game, but Bailey will. This is what The Show and 2k8 go by.

here's a quote from one of the developers of the show on operation sports

Chris_SCEA_Sports wrote:
Hey gang. We've been reading a lot of discussion about just who is and who is not available to use in the game, so we wanted to take a second to fill you guys on on how things work between us and the MLBPA. So, here's the deal....

According to the MLBPA's new approval policy, any player who has 2007 Major League service is approved, as well as any player that is currently on any team's 40-man roster that ALSO had Major League service time in 2006. The good news is that we now have the rights for guys like Daisuke Matsuzaka, Josh Hamilton and Akinori Iwamura, but, we do lose the rights to anyone who doesn't fit under the two guidelines above. That's the tradeoff we have to live by.

So, we just wanted to clear things up so you don't think we're being lazy or trying to narrow your available options for some reason. (Come on....you know us better than that!) Believe me, we kick and scream and fight to get as many guys in the game as we possibly can. We're baseball fans and gamers too, so if you guys want certain players in the game, you can bet that we'd love to have 'em too.

Hope that explains things...

- The MLB 07 Dev Team

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Very interesting; I never considered that.

Nice post!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:55 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Braves
It should lead to some good teams available, and certainly more accurate ratings. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:12 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
So, if I read this correctly, Bruce would be on "The Show" since he's on the 40 man roster. I imagine that the MLBPA would negotiate the same deals with all developers in this regard. I guess there's a chance then he'll be on the new Power Pros.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:20 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
gatorguin wrote:
So, if I read this correctly, Bruce would be on "The Show" since he's on the 40 man roster. I imagine that the MLBPA would negotiate the same deals with all developers in this regard. I guess there's a chance then he'll be on the new Power Pros.

Well now he would be on the show in a roster update, and the only reason I don't think he'll e on power pros when it comes out is because Ryan Braun made his debut may 25th last year, and he wasn't on the game, and Bruce made his debut May 27th this year. Also, he didn't play in the MLB last season so he might not be on because of that. All we can do right now is guess...or hope.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:09 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
duke776 wrote:
gatorguin wrote:

Well now he would be on the show in a roster update, and the only reason I don't think he'll e on power pros when it comes out is because Ryan Braun made his debut may 25th last year, and he wasn't on the game, and Bruce made his debut May 27th this year. Also, he didn't play in the MLB last season so he might not be on because of that. All we can do right now is guess...or hope.

And if he is not there then 20 different incarnations of him will show up here on the boards within 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:31 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
duke776 wrote:
gatorguin wrote:

Depends on when Konami/2K sets the rosters. The current Power Pros has opening day 2007 rosters, so none of the rookies who got called up after the start of the 2007 season are in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:23 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Guess we'll have to MAKE Jay Bruce :)

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:06 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Yes their are many compleatly-over powered players. Giambi is the most of which who had 110+ home runs one season! True, it may have been normal mode, but the second-highest I had was 64 homers with A-Rod.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:08 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Rangers
I am a Rangers fan so... I am playing out the season.

I did some strange stuff like dropped a few pitchers back into AAA and brought some up.
You know the Rangers, they gotta outscore their opponents through hitting so I thought I might just give some of my rookies some experience.

First game out Rheinecker threw 7 perfect innings and ended with a complete game 2 hitter shut out.
He has been my star pitcher.

The game even let me traid Millwood for Ichiro straight up.

Laird is a better catcher than the game gives him credit for.
Michael Young should have better raitings as well.

I agree, there is no way to make it perfect, but I think they should have put a bit more resources into that aspect of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
ericcbarr wrote:
I agree, there is no way to make it perfect, but I think they should have put a bit more resources into that aspect of the game.

No matter how much research you do, you can't account for a guy like Milton Bradley to have the kind of year he's having. Sometimes things just click and a guy will go on a hitting spree. Can't measure that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:40 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Rangers
Actually Milton Bradley was pretty good in the past, he just couldn't keep his head in the game all the time.

For some reason, he has been paying attention to Washington and the other coaches.

Maybe having upstanding guys like Young and Kinsler around have helped him understand the benefits of playing along with others.
Also Hamilton's story may have helped straighten him out a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:41 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Bradley had potential that never was never really fulfilled until now. He never hit 20 HRs in his career. He's on pace for more than 35. I'm sure it does have something to do with his surroundings(that includes the hot air int Texas).