It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: David DeJesus
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:11 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Royals
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
I just bought this game a few days ago, it was $20, and looked fun, and I was one of my favorite teams, Kansas City (Cincinnati is my other), and noticed how good Dejesus was. B for power and speed and Arm, C for everything else. I think Dejesus is alright, but not this good! Anyone else notice?

Post subject: Re: David DeJesus
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Well there are more like that-
Crawford and Daisuke as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Yep, there are always going to be players that are under or overrated in sports games like this.

In my opinion Gary Matthews Jr. is another guy that is overrated, he had one good year to be pretty much B overall in this game. Along those lines Garrett Anderson is highly underrated, we're talking about a guy who was up there with Jeter in the late 90s-00s leading all players in hits when he had 2000 hits in about ten years.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Diamondbacks
Well all i got to say is you cant make everything perfect

Super Smash Bros. - 1934-1639-6185

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:30 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Maybe some of this will get fleshed out in the new installment. I think that there were some players on the Astros that were way under rated, and others way over rated. One thing that kinda got me was that Brandon Backe used to be an outfielder in the TB system early in his career, and isn't too bad of a hitter. None of this is reflected in his stats. I would think the same for Dontrell and C. Zambrano. Both can hit really well, but is that part of their characters?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:43 pm 
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Favorite Team: Red Sox
tgjason wrote:
In my opinion Gary Matthews Jr. is another guy that is overrated, he had one good year to be pretty much B overall in this game. Along those lines Garrett Anderson is highly underrated, we're talking about a guy who was up there with Jeter in the late 90s-00s leading all players in hits when he had 2000 hits in about ten years.

Player evaluation seems to be based on what the player did in the previous year. Stats go up and down every year in this series. I guess their focus is on accurately describing how a certain season went. Injured players get the benefit of doubt if they've been good in the past, but will see their stats go down (like Sheffield and Matsui).

Marvin Card wrote:
I would think the same for Dontrell and C. Zambrano. Both can hit really well, but is that part of their characters?

Didn't Zambrano have D power?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:30 am 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Favorite Team: Dodgers
And emergency callups don't even appear on the roster... I'm pretty sure that Dodger's 3B Blake Dewitt doesn't appear on either roster (he's from AA-Jacksonville)...

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:35 am 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
I was surprised that the Astros didn't have Hunter Pence on their roster in '07, even in the minors. he spent most of the season playing center field and did fairly well for a rookie. I think he finished 3rd in the ROY voting. Of course, I saw no Ian Kennedy or Joba, or other top prospects like that.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:21 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
Not sure which site I read it on, but somewhere I had read that Konami only had like one person involved in determining rosters and player abilities. That's a mistake to me unless that one person is a Matthew Berry type hardcore fantasy nut that spends tons of time being familiar with even fringe players and minor league prospects. This game doesn't reflect that, so Konami would be better off getting more people involved in grading players. I understand that when you have multiple people they won't agree on all grades, but there are any number of ways to deal with that.

I think pretty much any fan who knows his team at more than a casual level would be disappointed in the AAA "rosters" in this game. With some teams Konami got more wrong than right on the AAA side, even if was opening day 2007.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:40 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
All I'm gonna say is the Reds better have Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce on the AAA list

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:44 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Wyl wrote:
Not sure which site I read it on, but somewhere I had read that Konami only had like one person involved in determining rosters and player abilities. That's a mistake to me unless that one person is a Matthew Berry type hardcore fantasy nut that spends tons of time being familiar with even fringe players and minor league prospects. This game doesn't reflect that, so Konami would be better off getting more people involved in grading players. I understand that when you have multiple people they won't agree on all grades, but there are any number of ways to deal with that.

I think pretty much any fan who knows his team at more than a casual level would be disappointed in the AAA "rosters" in this game. With some teams Konami got more wrong than right on the AAA side, even if was opening day 2007.

Amen brother. IMO, each team should have at least their top 5 overall prospects from their entire farm system. I think it should be done regardless of their level in the minors (A, AA, AAA) considering you can play season mode for 10 years (hopefully longer with the new game). If they would give each team their top 5 and then fill out the rest of the roster with decent AAA players it would be a huge improvement.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:47 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

DarkShade wrote:
All I'm gonna say is the Reds better have Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce on the AAA list

The way the Reds are treating them they'll be AAA players for life. It's alright, Corey Patterson's got it under control.... :P

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:51 am 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
mrsims31 wrote:
DarkShade wrote:

The way the Reds are treating them they'll be AAA players for life. It's alright, Corey Patterson's got it under control.... :P

Yeah, can't figure out what they're doing with Bailey. It's like they rushed him through the system, let him get crushed at the MLB level last year, sent him back down, brought him back up, sent him back down, and last I looked he was struggling at AAA. Gotta question where his head is at this point.

Then again, Cincy reaped the benefits of Texas doing the exact same thing with Edinson Volquez. They rushed Volquez to the majors and let him get hammered and his confidence beaten up, then bounced him between AAA, the MLB starting rotation, and the MLB bullpen, then had him so screwed up they finally sent him all the way down to A ball to get a "fresh start" and work his way back up.

MrSims, that's an excellent idea about how Konami should approach the AAA rosters - they should take the organization's top X prospects, using any of the national rating guides that provide that info. Even though reality is even top prospects don't always pan out, but that would be much better than what they did in 2007.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:08 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
mrsims31 wrote:
It's alright, Corey Patterson's got it under control.... :P

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Reds have already fired their GM and replaced him because they were tired of losing. CHANEG IS GUD

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:44 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Yankees
DarkShade wrote:

I agree