It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Change-up Family
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:50 am 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
After careful consideration I have decided to study the varying breaks of the several change-up variations

This expirement was used using the EXACT same Pitch Speed(95), Pitching Form(3-Quarters Standerd 1), Control Level(255), and Motivation Level(Best)

All breaking balls were Maxed-Out

Changeup (CHG): Moves Straight Down with about 20 mph lost clocking at 75mph,75mph,75mph
Splitter(SPLT): Moves Straight Down just like the change-up but much faster losing roughly 10-12 mph clocking at 83mph,83mph,85mph
Fork(FORK)Moves Straight Down just like the change-up but much faster losing roughly 15-16 mph clocking at 80mph,79mph,79mph
Fosh(FOSH)Moves Straight Down just like the change-up but much faster losing roughly 14-15 mph clocking at 80mph,81mph,81mph
Palm(PALM)Moves in the general direction of a slider but very little and droping a considrable amount and lost about 22-23 mph clocked at 72mph,72mph,73mph
Vertical Slider(V-SLD)Moves in the general direction of a slider much more than that of the Palmball but not enough to qualify as a curve pitch this pitch loses about 12-14 mph clocking at 81mph,82mph,83mph
Circle Change-upMoves in the general direction of a Sinking Fastball and is roughly the opposite of a Palmball loses about 17-19 mph clocking at 76mph,77mph,78mph
Knuckleball(KN)has a sharp break that drops considrably and either to the left or the right there is no controlling which way it goes this pitch loses about 23-24 mph clocking at 71mph,72mph,72mph

This is just the expiriment I did because I was bored and it was raining hopefully its good enough

If there is any other information you would like or if you would like me to compare other pitches feel free to ask

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

Post subject: Re: The Change-up Family
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 am 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
It was a good experiment. I just completed a closer with a custom splitter and it would come in about 8- 10 mph slower than the 4 seam. I had a wicked break on it, and I only had one person even make contact with it, and it was a weak foul. Most of the upgrades I did to it add to the initial speed and lowered to speed retention. So it was coming out of the hand as a fastball and dying at the last second drastically. A great pitch.

Post subject: Re: The Change-up Family
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:15 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Unfortunately due to the simplicity of the rest of the other pitching directions the only other pitch type would be the curveball family which I will begin soon

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson