Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ever thrown a perfect game?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I had one until the stupid screen said three outs to a no-hitters. I was so pissed. Maybe it's different in Japan, but you never say anything till it's broken or over. Maybe I was mentally affected by it because the next batter hit a homer. It was a 1-hitter with Phil Hughes (my pitcher who has the third best era (2.01) in the game and gaining on Sabathia and Santana. He used to be fourth but the third pitcher got traded away. I'm about .1 from Sabathia who is growing a little each game and .4 from Santana. I considered trading for Santana and trading him to the NL haha. But I decided not too. I'm playing him soon so I'll make sure to knock his era up a whole lot. I may cheat a little, but I'm close to clinching the play-offs in very late july and i'm focused on stats and awards now.)

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:38 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Mets
that's the same thing that happened to me. It said 3 outs until a perfect game. I was able to get to 2 outs til a perfect game, but then i gave up the bloop single.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:06 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Barry Zito threw his third perfect game as a Cub in the 2010 World Series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPrnN6fnHiE

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
I had my chance at a perface game. I was going into the 9th inning with 16 K's. I got the annoying 3 outs till perfect game. Of course I felt hexed. Pitching was still dynamite, though, and I am pretty good about not breaking down under pressure.

So, first batter, strike out, 17 K's, 2 outs till perfect game. Man that message is annoying, but I wasn't going to melt.

Next, second batter, strike out, 18 K's, 1 out till perfect game. Not the message again. Pressure actually was getting to me, expecially with the my wife trying to talk to me.

Finally, third batter, hit dribbler to 3rd base, fielded pretty cleanly, but I knew throw was going to be close. Threw the ball, well, thought I threw the ball, threw the ball, again, SAFE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! There goes the perfect game. Note to self: field the ball, then throw to first base.

Finally, again, fourth batter, strike out, 19 K's, 1 hitter. Of course, I blame the message. I was hexed. Of course, I knew in my head that it was 3 outs to go.

All my success mode players that I created can be found here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:02 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
That's rough SmilingFaces96. Valiant effort though. You know they put that message up just to mess with your head, much like the cycle message. It's like the game is saying, "oh by the way, you're a failure if you don't accomplish this near impossible feat. No pressure."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:43 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
calislim wrote:
That's rough SmilingFaces96. Valiant effort though. You know they put that message up just to mess with your head, much like the cycle message. It's like the game is saying, "oh by the way, you're a failure if you don't accomplish this near impossible feat. No pressure."

I know I get that all the time with players that are fast but just can't hit home runs so when I go for it its always pulled foul unless I get really lucky and get the pitcher to throw me a matress ball

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SUPACLIPA wrote:
calislim wrote:

I know I get that all the time with players that are fast but just can't hit home runs so when I go for it its always pulled foul unless I get really lucky and get the pitcher to throw me a matress ball

The cycle message doesn't affect me. I shamefully go for a cycle once anyone with decent power hits a triple.

- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Damnit! Two one-hitters in a week. My player A Escobar just threw an 11-inning game with 1 hit in the 5th after a 9 inning 1 hit game in the fourth. I can't believe I missed it and came so close two times in a row! He didn't even win the 12-inning game because he was too exhausted to pitch the 12th and I didn't want to risk injury after that tremndous performance. To think he had the highest ERA in the majors at the end of the fourth quarter. He now brought it down to a 3.8.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Darn Ty Wiggington broke up my Perfecto bid in the 9th with one out he hits a dinky balll that barely stays fair. The amazing thing is that I was using one of my friends success players (think Jeremy Accardo with less control.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:13 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and DS
I usually get 5 hits or under on most of my games. I've gotten a couple perfect games but I used a Success character.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:39 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I actually had a perfect game with El Duque in my first season (2007) with the Mets. He had 20 Ks in the game too. 2 games later I had a second perfect game, I think it was with Glavine. That season I went 160-2, losing the first game in extra innings and losing like the 77th game as my only loses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:52 pm 
Starter
Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
I threw a 21 K 2 hitter last night :? That was my only game all weekend, and I carried the no-no until the 7th with 2 out.
Pitching to contact is my usual style, so working on stiking out batters and going for the no hitter is fun and new to me.

I find the computer has a hard time getting contact on a lvl 7 drop curve or slow curve. I've been using the curve as my K pitch, or a change up high in the zone inside after hard stuff on the hands.

Someday I plan on getting a 27K perfect game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:57 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
The very first game I played as my Arrange Team in season mode, I threw a No-No with Danceparty Tom. Haven't done it since

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:30 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Haha I remember you saying that. I used a few of your guys and they were great by the way. If you ever get any time to really start playing again and make players for 08, I'll make sure to take a few of your players again. Making your own expansion team is hard and editing/stealing a few players can speed things exponentially (even though typing in codes takes very long and frusterating).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
same thing that happened to slimpickens happens to me a lot, except it broken up earlier. i sometimes press the c button for an aggressive throw, but i accidentally just do a fake throw :evil: .

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne