All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ? about Practice
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Im rather new to MLB PP but I believe it to be the best baseball game of all time...

I have a question maybe someone with more exp. can awnser though...

I was well into my first season and only a few days away from the playoffs and I noticed that throughout my season alot of my players were becoming very good and were drastically improved "GRADE WISE" compared to what they had started out at. I did have a few practice equipment pieces which im sure boosted the speed they improved their skills at but anyways here is the ?

Lets assume Kenny Lofton a very fast player who starts with the GRADE of B in SPD.

Now lets take someone like Albert Pujols who of course is much slower...

Now heres the question...

Lets say I take Kenny Lofton and get his SPD all the way up to an A... now... With enough practice is it possible to make a slow player like Albert Pujols just as fast as Kenny Lofton or even faster?

Please anyone with a straight awnser respond ASAP.

Thanks...

Post subject: Re: ? about Practice
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Dodgers
i'm thinking this is possible. in mlbpp 2007, pujols initial run speed is D. through several seasons, power pros practice capabilities and obtainable equipment pieces can be exaggerated and i'm sure you could bring his speed up to a B or A in this time frame especially by routing teams every game playing with cpu levels at novice/normal and sweetspot cursors at lock on 2-5.

We're still waiting 2K!! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:45 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Rangers
critical12 wrote:
i'm thinking this is possible. in mlbpp 2007, pujols initial run speed is D. through several seasons, power pros practice capabilities and obtainable equipment pieces can be exaggerated and i'm sure you could bring his speed up to a B or A in this time frame especially by routing teams every game playing with cpu levels at novice/normal and sweetspot cursors at lock on 2-5.

hmm. Thats quite silly. I was hoping there was some kind of grade cap or something...

So later on down the road in season mode the majority of the players are gonna be a grade A-C in everything? A bunch of super players that are all really fast? This is silly...

I guess turning Player Improvement off is more realistic...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Player improvement keeps it realistic. It lets you build up prospects to replace older retired guys. Practice, at least for me, doesnt get all my guys to A-C in grades either. If you have a superstar, you can get him to that level, but the average player will probably be like B's with C's and D's, or A's with C's D's and an E or 2. plus, your guys wont have many abilities, so even if they have high grades, they wont be able to post super incredible stats.

"Almost dying changes nothing, dying changes everything." - Gregory House M.D.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 pm 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
In addition, once a player reaches his 'peak' the stats start declining, and you'll be raising stats to simply slow the effects of age.

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

iLeeT_PeeP wrote:

hmm. Thats quite silly. I was hoping there was some kind of grade cap or something...

So later on down the road in season mode the majority of the players are gonna be a grade A-C in everything? A bunch of super players that are all really fast? This is silly...

I guess turning Player Improvement off is more realistic...

again, i'm thinking this could be possible over several seasons with the cpu and sweet spot cursor on novice levels. it all depends on your game settings. this game can be as realistic or silly arcade style as you want it to be.

We're still waiting 2K!! :roll: