Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stats Are in black
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:28 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Why do my season mode stats show up in black for some players and they dont seem to win awards, etc. And for instance when Im view stats for highest batting avg in major leagues they dont show up. They have played same amount of games as other players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "showing up in black"...can you clarify what it means?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:13 am 
Rookie
Rookie

they are in bold / black lettering as compared to other palyers in white

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Near as I can figure, you are looking for season leader stats. If you are looking in Season Records you will not find all you want. Some of those stats are only given at the end of the year.

Check these for stats:

Player Records are the best of the best that have done something (like a no hitter). These stats give about 2 names of the current person who achieved the goal. The word RELIEF next to someone means they are in between games with the streak continuing.

Individual Titles wll tell you who the current leaders are in BA, RBIs, SB, etc.

Player info takes you to important stats. You can see all of what the players are doing on the player list. You can check progress on players experience, and use the player search to get the definitions of what special skills do.

Transactions show you the injury lists and players who were traded or sent to the minors.

You can also check the schedule and select the yearly schedule (- button on Wii) to see the special events like the college draft and all star voting schedule.

Certain colors in the stats mean they are a leader in that department for the team or league. You may notice the different colors on some stats here and there. Certain stats on the leader boards require a minimum (ABs, Inns Pitched, etc) B4 the stat is shown, or not till the end of the season. Awards are based on how the player does for the WEEK. The best performance for the week or month will give you an award. You can still get a SEASON award however if you lead a particular catagory at the end of the year. Check Trophies case to see what catagories there are.

If this doesnt answer give me more info and I will help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:27 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Like he has 2 grand slams that doesnt show up on player records (most is 1) he is leading the league in batting avg and third in home runs with enough at bats but that doesnt show up either. Whe aI sort stats ther usually two groups one in a lighter color then one in a darker / bold color he always come up in bold. And hes had really good weeks with no wards or even rookie awards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:37 am 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
it is a possibility that the grand slams would be put under RBI's or it is counting how many games he has hit grand slams in

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:42 am 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I would have said he possibly doesn't have enough PAs or ABs to qualify for the leaderboard, but I doubt that...

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Ok....lets dissect this.

Grand Slams...just another HR in the stats. The player records will only show the most recent 2 players that hit one on the leader boards. If 3 hit it in one day and you are the first, you probably wont show up. Just the most recent 2 players that did it. But a GS is recorded as a HR in the regular stats. AND its HOW MANY YOU HIT IN ONE GAME! If you hit 2 grannys in 2 games only the number one will be there cuz u hit only one in the game.

Individual Titles: will show who is leading the league in BA, HRs, RBIs, etc. If you arent listed you dont have the ABs to qualify. It could be calculated by the number of ABs the leaders have as opposed to a set number of ABs to qualify. Only the leader is shown.

The season records: are done by the SEASON for some stats and some are updated regularly. Dont know why.

In 'season stats' for players: Blue indicates they lead the team in that stat and white is regular.

In the player list check who is qualified for ROTY, rookie of the year, if they say NO then they cant get a rookie award. Only a few awards go out so you have to have great stats for the WEEK or MONTH to get one.

I have had awards but you gotta be good. Hit over .400 for the week wth 5-6 HRs and 20 RBIs and you may get it. Pitching is harder you need to have a great ERA and wins for the timeperiod (week/mth) to get it. I have had none so far with only one loss on my starters! My first week mvp was Wright with a .519 avg, 4 hrs, and 13 rbis. The last pitching award went to Buchholz for 2 wins .69era and 15ks for the week (not my team). If you have those type of numbers you will get an award.

Hope that clears it up. More info if it dosent help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:07 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

thanks for all the help