All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Triple HR's
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Hi, this is my first post and I just have a question for you all....in regards to HR's in Season Mode. I'm playing as Detroit, started my first series against Colorado (Switched KC and Cleveland for Reds and Roxs).

I just hit back-to-back-to-back HR's.....have any of you done it yet, I'm guessing yes but just out of being curious I wanted to bring this up.

Thanks for answering and have a fine Thursday!

EA

P.S. to the mods on the forums, change Detroit Lions to the Tigers. Just a mistake I noticed. Thanks!

Lions are our sucky football team, Tigers actually win.

Post subject: Re: Triple HR's
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Yeah, with Lock-On 5, I've done it 6 in a row with guys like Gaia, Ryan Howard, Ultimate, and other high-power sluggers. All of them had 200+ power and 15 contact (from practice and/or Success Mode).

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:39 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Yeah, I've done it. If you want more of a challenge, I would suggest switching to normal batting instead of lock on. If you keep that up, at the end of your season, HR totals, averages, RBIs, etc. will be through the roof and your players will be asking for a lot of cash.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:49 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Yea I was able to do 5 in a row without lock on anything

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:35 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
SUPACLIPA wrote:
Yea I was able to do 5 in a row without lock on anything

Lock on will get too easy pretty soon too. when that happens, just bump up the pitching skill. If you can crush Powerful without the pitching cursor, then you've either got too much time on your hands or you have freakish reaction time and should be studied.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:45 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

If that is possible than you have the reflex skills of the Flash or God

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:00 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I've gotten seven or eight in one game with manual controls, I think two of them were back to back but I don't think I've ever done three in a row. My rotation isn't setup for a power hitting core, it's basically contact, contact, slugger, contact, slugger, contact, slugger, contact, contact. This way I'm never too far away from a potential home run if I need one.

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:57 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Now thinking of Lock On 5, I beat the Brewers 27-0 with that and pitched a one-hitter at the time....lol I have no life.... :lol:

But, all aside I did the Triple HR with like Lock-On 1....or was it off? I forgot by now...I haven't owned this for long, I got 2-3 days ago.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:58 am 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
Months ago I played a game with an arrange team loaded with Success Mode players, where for fun I used the easiest lock-on and CPU pitching/fielding levels. I ended up winning 78-0.

With my Hall of Famer arrange team I imagine if I played on the easiest settings I could fairly easily have players 1-8 in the lineup homer consecutively. It'd be sketchy as to whether Ozzie Smith and his E power batting 9th could get one out :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:55 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Wyl wrote:
Months ago I played a game with an arrange team loaded with Success Mode players, where for fun I used the easiest lock-on and CPU pitching/fielding levels. I ended up winning 78-0.

With my Hall of Famer arrange team I imagine if I played on the easiest settings I could fairly easily have players 1-8 in the lineup homer consecutively. It'd be sketchy as to whether Ozzie Smith and his E power batting 9th could get one out :)

No, I bet Ozzie would homer too. Just a hunch.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Ive used his Ozzie and it takes both a really good hit and a very small outfield to hit a home run with Ozzie when he was simmed he only hit about 4 HR's in 90 games

– Ozzie Smith

-Willie Mays

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:21 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

SUPACLIPA wrote:
Ive used his Ozzie and it takes both a really good hit and a very small outfield to hit a home run with Ozzie when he was simmed he only hit about 4 HR's in 90 games

4 homers in 90 games means I either got him about right or I gave him a bit too much power :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:47 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Marvin Card wrote:
No, I bet Ozzie would homer too. Just a hunch.

For grins I tried, didn't work out - warning track power 2 times and routine fly outs a couple of more times before I benched Ozzie for Mantle in the 8th :mrgreen:

Gave up a clean bloop single to Michael Young in the 7th to lose the perfect game. The bottom graphic below is pretty typical of my pitching approach with Power Pros - mixing up my pitch selection, working the top and bottom of the strike zone, and staying out of the middle.

How do you like my custom road unis? :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:35 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

I see Mr. Smith didn't jack nuthin

– Ozzie Smith

-Willie Mays

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:48 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

SUPACLIPA wrote:
I see Mr. Smith didn't jack nuthin

Nope, came up empty in this game. I *have* hit homers with Ozzie before, but it certainly isn't his strength :)

FWIW, in the 4th inning I accomplished the 8 consecutive homers thing where Ozzie broke up the string. Oh well, he's still my all-time favorite player.