Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
duke776 wrote:
ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
Okay, here is my new batting order for the 2011 season. Let me know if I should change it around:

1. Jose Reyes (SS)
2. Grady Sizemore (CF)
3. Matt Holliday (LF)
4. Alex Rios (RF)
5. Aramis Ramirez (3B)
6. Joe Mauer (C)
7. Mark DeRosa (2B)
8. Ty Wiggington (1B)
9. PITCHER (P)

It looks like you have a dominant line-up, is your pitching staff still the same?

No, I traded Barry Zito and Roy Halladay because they were costing way too much. Halladay was costing me about 14,000 points, and Zito was 17,000 points. Way too much. So here's my new starting rotation:

1. Carlos Zambrano (R)
2. Johan Santana (L)
3. Brandon Webb (R)
4. Dontrelle Willis (L)
5. Ted Lilly (L)

Pretty dominant pitching staff too, I love using Lilly because of his Drop Curve, I get so many K's that way...that also goes for anyone else that has a Drop Curve, but he's the only one in my rotation that has a Drop Curve. I'm pretty sure you're going to win a lot of games again because you have a rotation that will be hard to score off of and you can definitely score some runs with your offense.

Post subject: Re: What's your Roster?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I also Got Zach Duke in the off season, but I don't know what to do with him. He was really cheap so I might as well keep him. But I don't know if I should make him a 6th starter, a reliever, or I can use him as both? I don't know, I'll figure it out in spring training when I see how he pitches.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:38 pm 
Ace
Ace

ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
I also Got Zach Duke in the off season, but I don't know what to do with him. He was really cheap so I might as well keep him. But I don't know if I should make him a 6th starter, a reliever, or I can use him as both? I don't know, I'll figure it out in spring training when I see how he pitches.

Yeah, I would start him at least once in spring training since he's not guaranteed a rotation spot and see how he does.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

duke776 wrote:
ChiCubsFan4 wrote:

Yeah, I would start him at least once in spring training since he's not guaranteed a rotation spot and see how he does.

Good idea. I only get 4 spring training games, so I'll try out my 3 new pitchers first. Webb, Willis, and Duke.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
* My Success Player
** Draft Player
*** Edited Player
**** Other Users Success Players
The Devils with a Grim Reaper Icon
They have an actually nice uniform with blue and orange on the road and orange and red at home. They play on Panapaka park.
Hitters:
1.* Road Runner SS
2.Crawford (traded) Left Field
3.*** Zero Right Field
4.* Grim Reaper DH
5.* Barden 3B
6.* Marvin CF
7.* Rousby WoofC/**Draft Player whose name I don't remember C
8.* Lou Gherig
9. Cairo/Carrol
Starters:
1. ****Whitey Ford
2. *Phil Hughes
3. Wang
4. ****Nolan Ryan
5. *Escobar
6. * Lion Forest (previous long reliever)
Relievers:
I don't remember the whole staff since it has changed so much throughout the season
Seventh inning guy: Lugo/**Barzilla
Eight inning guy: (I forgot his name) ***
Ninth inning guy: Flame Thrower
Long Reliever: Camillo (traded from the other expansion team)

I'm going to give an explanation of the players I made/edited
1. Road Runner is maxed out in run speed, fielding, error resistance although he has d arm strength. He has D contact and 2 trajectory but unfourtenetly has F power (his handicap that stops him from being a star). He still leads the game in steals by a large margin and is the perfect pinch runner.
2. Zero is basically an older, all-star version of Zero. He is definetly one of my favorite players with A (not maxed) running, A (low) power, Three trajectory, A fielding and B for the other fielding stats. He has B contact and a variety of negative and good stats including free swinger. He also has walk-off hitter and 5 clutch. He already has 5 walk off home runs in June (including a walk-off, come-from-behind, pinch hit grandslam). He is very fun to play with and was practically made for Panapaka park.
3. Adorned with brown headlocks and the big eyes that your success player has, Grim Reaper is my greatest accomplishment. Named cheasily off my teams icon Grim Reaper is the ultimate slugger and hitter. He has B (now A from training) contact, mid As in power, 4 trajectory, power hitter, D running to start (both now B), and G fielding for all types. He has power hitter (of course), intimidator, Clutch Hitter 5, and a variety of other hitter abilities that I don't remember. He is in June and has hit 56 homers in mid June.
4. Barden is my first real sucess at a success player. He has B+(1 away from A, now A with practice)) contact, E power, B+ running, B fielding, B error restiance, A throwing arm, cannon arm (didn't realize it did nothing for infielders), accruate throwing arm, clutch 4, slap hitter, and push hitter. He has a 23 hitting streak and has a 364 batting average in June (behind Grim Reaper who has 503)
5. Marvin is a slick fielder with B contact, power, running speed, and error resistance but A fielding and throwing arm. He has cannon arm and 5 arm acurracy, throws out half the runners trying to go home who start around third when he throws, and has a 333 average with 30 homeruns in June (most in June when he has got fire).
6. Skipping Rousby woof, bad 250-260 hitter but good fielding who is named after Rowsby Woof in Water Ship Down.
7. My first sucess player, Lou Gherig is actually semi realistic (I mean the average/slightly above major leauger. He's a pretty good fielder due to golden glover but has f in all fielding ( I didn't think it mattered at the time. He has F power but the way he hits and with his hot spots he can still get a lot of hits and 15-20 homeruns. He hits 295-320 going back and forth with C contact. He has a lot of abilities of which I couldn't remember for my life.

I'm going to skip the pitchers I didn't make, but I just want to thank whoever made Whitey Ford because he is awesome and his 3.3 era is do to my mistakes from being tired or not paying attention. Nolan Ryan is brilliant too with an average of 9/10 strike outs and a 3 ERA and 7 wins.

8.Phil Hughes is a pitcher who besides his looks pitches nothing like phill hughes. He is briiliant despite not having any underwhelming abitlities and pitches. They just comblimant each other nicely as he has a 5 change up, a 6 knuckleball (a lot like hughes, eh?), and I believe a 3 slider. He also has a mid-high eighties fast ball and B control.
9. Escobar is probably my best starter that I've made despite a 5 ERA. He has 3 maxed out pitches. The first moves to the right ( I don't remember what it was), the second is a change up, and the third moves to the right and is probably a slider. He has a 85 fastball and a few abilties.
10. Lion Forest has a 80 mile fast ball and C control/Stamina, but also has a 6 fork, 5 screwball and some other level 1 pitches. He had a 2 era as a long reliver and with 6 starts a 4 era due to one terrible start. Despite that he has a 3 era as a starter and a 3.5 average. He has a few abilties I belive but I can't remember.
11. My eighth inning guy is brilliant and looks as strange as possible. He looks like a snorkeler with green hair, orange goggles with blue rims, pink eirings, and other strange looks. He has every pitch which is a 2-4. He has no good abitlies and several red ones and I make sure not to overuse him because of his power. He has a .8 era.
12. Flame Thrower is the Grim Reaper of my pitching staff thanks to shawdow pitching. He has a 98-mile fastball, a maxed out knuckle-ball and a maxed out pitch that I stupidly don't remember. He is red headed and has dice-k's pitching style who looks like fire and plays like it with an itimidator ability. He has A control and D stamina as well as a great finisher (or whatevr it's called), 5 movement on fastball, and a few other abilties. He has a 1.4 era and 17/19 save oppurtunties (he blew his first two saves). He's the type of guy who when he is feeling bad is terrible. You don't want a guy with a 98 mile fast ball and a 70 mile knuckleball to have no movement on anything.. I have to walk every player that can hit homers when he feels bad and that's where all the runs come in. He previously had a .6 era untill he almost blew a game twice with a 3 and 4 run lead. The problem is, if I don't use him, he gets even worse. But when hes average or better hes unbeatable.
12. My Clo

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Your team sounds cool cownip!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

lanceberkman wrote:
Your team sounds cool cownip!

Haha thanks. If only I could raise the difficulty up a notch to powerful instead of all-star then the season would be a blast. It's way too easy and I win 95+% of the games.

- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:07 pm 
Ace
Ace

Nice write up about your players this one had me laughing:
Quote:
11. My eighth inning guy is brilliant and looks as strange as possible. He looks like a snorkeler with green hair, orange goggles with blue rims, pink eirings, and other strange looks. He has every pitch which is a 2-4. He has no good abitlies and several red ones and I make sure not to overuse him because of his power. He has a .8 era.

Quote:
Haha thanks. If only I could raise the difficulty up a notch to powerful instead of all-star then the season would be a blast. It's way too easy and I win 95+% of the games.

I agree, I wish we could change the difficulty, I'm not winning as much as you but I have a winning percent of 77...and I'm starting to pull ahead, I hope the Cardinals can keep winning to make it interesting, they're only 3 games back but we were tied and now they've lost 3 straight and almost everytime I play them I'm going to gain a couple games on them.

Last edited by duke776 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

duke776 wrote:
Nice write up about your players this one had me laughing:
[quote=cownip]11. My eighth inning guy is brilliant and looks as strange as possible. He looks like a snorkeler with green hair, orange goggles with blue rims, pink eirings, and other strange looks. He has every pitch which is a 2-4. He has no good abitlies and several red ones and I make sure not to overuse him because of his power. He has a .8 era.

[quote=cownip]Haha thanks. If only I could raise the difficulty up a notch to powerful instead of all-star then the season would be a blast. It's way too easy and I win 95+% of the games.[/quote]

I agree, I wish we could change the difficulty, I'm not winning as much as you but I have a winning percent of 77...and I'm starting to pull ahead, I hope the Cardinals can keep winning to make it interesting, they're only 3 games back but we were tied and now they've lost 3 straight and almost everytime I play them I'm going to gain a couple games on them.[/quote]
That's much better then me. I've just mastered the game at this level and know exactly how to hit fastballs perfectly depending on my hitter whenever it's a single or a homer. I know how to reconize almost every pitch and how to follow it. I look at each pitchers movement before I start and move my bat the distance I predict it will go and am close enough to hit it hard. I have at least 3 or 4 strategies for a pitcher to strike out/get someone out that I rotate between. With too much playing, you just need to play powerful. For me, the closest team in my division of Yankees, Red Sox, the other new expansion team (grooms, don't ask, I wanted to make a team with tuxedos), Mets, Cubs, and Braves.
Here is the order of our League:
1. The Devils (Me)
2. Yankees 13 games behind
3. Mets 18 games behind
4. Cubs 28 games behind
5. Braves 39 games behind
6. Red Sox 47 games behind
7. Grooms 59 games behind
I'm in first in the game with 69 wins and 8 losses and a 896 WPC. Not quite 950 haha, but 900 is close enough to round up.
The Yankees are second with 56 wins and 21 lossing and a 727 WPC
The twins (NL) are next with 52 wins and 25 losses
The Mets are next with 51 wins and 26 losses and 662 winning percentage.
The other teams are much further behind, but that gives you a general idea of how good I'm doing. The second place team is in the same division and is guranteed to make it in to the play off. By the 2/3 mark I might clinch the wild-card.
I really wish I could raise the level, but I like my team too much to start over. Thanks for the compliment on my eighth inning guy haha. I did my best to make him as bizare as possible. He's definetly one of my favorite guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:33 pm 
Ace
Ace

Quote:
That's much better then me. I've just mastered the game at this level and know exactly how to hit fastballs perfectly depending on my hitter whenever it's a single or a homer. I know how to reconize almost every pitch and how to follow it. I look at each pitchers movement before I start and move my bat the distance I predict it will go and am close enough to hit it hard. I have at least 3 or 4 strategies for a pitcher to strike out/get someone out that I rotate between. With too much playing, you just need to play powerful. For me, the closest team in my division of Yankees, Red Sox, the other new expansion team (grooms, don't ask, I wanted to make a team with tuxedos), Mets, Cubs, and Braves.
1. The Devils (Me)
3. Mets 18 games behind
4. Cubs 28 games behind
I'm in first in the game with 69 wins and 8 losses and a 896 WPC. Not quite 950 haha, but 900 is close enough to round up.
The other teams are much further behind, but that gives you a general idea of how good I'm doing. The second place team is in the same division and is guranteed to make it in to the play off. By the 2/3 mark I might clinch the wild-card.
I really wish I could raise the level, but I like my team too much to start over. Thanks for the compliment on my eighth inning guy haha. I did my best to make him as bizare as possible. He's definetly one of my favorite guys.

Yeah, I'm 31-8 now, and it is very easy to hit home runs on all star with normal batting...I have a couple guys on pace to hit 60+, luckily they cooled off, most were on pace to hit 90+. I did trade away some of my power hitters, but I still have 3 solid power hitters. But, I can still hit home runs pretty easy with D power guys, Juice Williams(named after and looks like the Illinois QB, but nothing else is like him), my SS, can easily hit one out, but I mainly hit with contact with him since he's my lead off guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:24 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

duke776 wrote:
Quote:
1. The Devils (Me)
3. Mets 18 games behind
4. Cubs 28 games behind

Yeah, I'm 31-8 now, and it is very easy to hit home runs on all star with normal batting...I have a couple guys on pace to hit 60+, luckily they cooled off, most were on pace to hit 90+. I did trade away some of my power hitters, but I still have 3 solid power hitters. But, I can still hit home runs pretty easy with D power guys, Juice Williams(named after and looks like the Illinois QB, but nothing else is like him), my SS, can easily hit one out, but I mainly hit with contact with him since he's my lead off guy.

I lowered the contact level to normal and found great results so far. I played 2 games. The first I lost 6-4 due to over running and stealing (I'm used to going for records or extra-base hits for points since I'm basically certain to win most of the time) and a few mistakes pitching.Still I enjoyed the game. I was losing 6-2 in the ninth and had a 2 run come back and had a guy on 2nd. I got out on a very nice play by Reyes (I was playing the mets). I then won the next game 4-3 in the tenth. I got the three runs from coming back to a game an hour later where wang was in the 5th with a guy on second and 1 out because I didn't remember how I pitched and made the same exact pitches I did earliar. It was still a great game and I only homered once.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:07 pm 
Ace
Ace

cownip wrote:
duke776 wrote:
Quote:
1. The Devils (Me)
3. Mets 18 games behind
4. Cubs 28 games behind

I lowered the contact level to normal and found great results so far. I played 2 games. The first I lost 6-4 due to over running and stealing (I'm used to going for records or extra-base hits for points since I'm basically certain to win most of the time) and a few mistakes pitching.Still I enjoyed the game. I was losing 6-2 in the ninth and had a 2 run come back and had a guy on 2nd. I got out on a very nice play by Reyes (I was playing the mets). I then won the next game 4-3 in the tenth. I got the three runs from coming back to a game an hour later where wang was in the 5th with a guy on second and 1 out because I didn't remember how I pitched and made the same exact pitches I did earliar. It was still a great game and I only homered once.

Oh, you were playing with lock-on? That would explain it because that, at least for me, makes it very easy and that's why I have it set to normal for my batting.
I'm still dominating a lot of teams, and since there's no way to change the difficulty to powerful I either have to continue playing or sim till next season...I think I'm going to continue playing because of the time I've put into it(played every game). I'm now 39-10 and 5 games up on the Cardinals. I think most of my winning recently has been because of Aaron Stevenson, my RF(225 pwr 4 trj), who was just signed because I just made him a couple days ago. He has only played 14 games but already has 11 homeruns and he will probably have huge numbers at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:31 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Red Sox
2007 New England Biships
*Success Mode*
**Edited**

1) CF - Ellsbury*
2) 2B - Bishop**
3) 3B - Gaia*
4) SS - Shorty*
5) DH - Hamilton*
6) 1B - Milluzzo*
7) RF - Clemente*
8 ) C - Catchy*
9) LF - Guy*

SP - Sifu*
SP - Arteaga*
SP - Ryan*
SP - Snell*
SP - Masterson*

Swing - Buchholz*

Long Relief - Shaman*

Set Up - Bishop* (Pitcher)

Closer Hansen*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

YOUR 2008 KANSAS CITY ROYALS:

1. David DeJesus, CF
2. Esteban German, 2B
3. Emil Brown, DH
4. Mark Teahen, LF
5. John Buck, C
6. Alex Gordon, 3B
7. Ross Gload, RF
8. Ryan Shealy, 1B
9. Alberto Callaspo, SS

BENCH:
Tony Pena Jr.
Shane Costa
Joey Gathright
Miguel Olivo
Jose Guillen

Pitching Rotation:
1. Gil Meche
2. Scott Kazmir (:o)
3. Odalis Perez
4. Zack Grienke
5. Kyle Davies
6. Luke Hochevar (Success player)

Closers: Joakim Soria and Kyle Lohse (:o)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:01 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I don't believe I ever officially posted my new roster for the new season, so here it is:

** - Drafted player

2011 CHICAGO CUBS:

Batting Order:
1. Jose Reyes (SS)
2. Grady Sizemore (CF)
3. Matt Holliday (LF)
4. Alex Rios (RF)
5. Aramis Ramirez (3B)
6. Joe Mauer (C)
7. Mark DeRosa (2B)
8. Ty Wiggington (1B)
9. PITCHER (P)