PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:36 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
SUPACLIPA wrote:
duke776 wrote:
Maybe your players got very fatigued so they did worse.

Players lose all fatigue after the break

Okay, I didn't know that, I guess I can't wait till the All Star break because most of my players fatigue bar is filled up 3/4th of the way...and they're not losing any fatigue even though I've sat most of my starters for a week and I have rest during practice.

Post subject: Re: More difficult after All-Star break
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:37 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Well, we've all got different tastes in how we play the game. I can see the appeal in wanting to get a perfect season, even though that isn't something that matters to me personally. I think the best I did was 158-4 (all 4 losses were simmed games) in the latter years of one of my season mode teams. But if you're a decent player and you practice your players' skills up throughout the 10 years, you're going to have a very lopsided W-L record the last few years.

But it's all good, people should play however makes them happy. Personally I like the season mode games to be both challenging and to generally have realistic MLB game results (some games with double digit scoring, some 1-0 or 2-1 types of games, and a majority of games having each side score 4-8 runs). Keep in mind I mean played games, I don't think there is any hope of realistic season stats simming a majority of games. But I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys playing on easier settings and crushing the opposition. It's no different than Success Mode, we don't all have the same playing style. Some people will plot out their players and take days or weeks of save/reload to produce maxed out players, some people just play straight through without saving, and others are somewhere in the middle. There's no right or wrong way to play :)