Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: San Jose Riptide - The Franchise
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Minnesota VS. Riptide 6/1

Riptide contine winning was with 4-1 win against Twins

San Jose- The San Jose Riptide kept their recent hot streak in tack last night as they bested the Minnesota Twins 4-1. With the win, San Jose has now won 10 of their last 13 and have climbed into third place in the American League west behind Seattle and Anaheim.
"We are getting good pitching, good defense and the offense has managed to stay on a roll. This has been a fantastic stretch." Said manager Jimmy Dugan after the game last night.
The Riptide would do all their damage in the third in fourth innings. In the third, Benny Rodriguez led off with a single, stole second base and would move to third on a Zach Goodwin single. Rodriguez would score when Dotti Hinson hit a sacrafice fly to center. Lou Newman singled and AJ Wright caped off the third with an RBI single.
The Tide would get a scare in the third; with Willie Hays aboard at second base, leftfielder Chad Williams was hit on the right elbow by Twins starter Sidney Ponson. Williams would leave the game and be replaced by Jose Rijos. After Mario Cirelli grounded into a double play Rodriguez belted a 2 run homerun to left center to put the Tide up 4-0.
Asked about the injury, manager Jimmy Dugan had some good news, "It's just a bruise, no break. He is going to miss about 4-5 days, so he won't have to go on the DL."
Minnesota would get their only run in the ninth off closer Rick Vaughn. Joe Mauer tripled and was driven in by Torri Hunter. Hunter was then thrown out trying to steal second before Justin Morneau flied out to center to end the game.

Box Score
MIN:1
SJR:4
-----------------------------
WP: Dunne (6-1)
LP: Ponson (3-3)
HR: Rodriguez (15)
Twins: Mauer 2-4, 2B, 3B, R; Hunter 3-4 2B, RBI
Riptide: Dunne 8IP, 4H, 0R, 7K; Rodriguez 2-4, HR(15), 2RBI, 2R

Twins (35-21) Riptide (28-28)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:01 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Good Win 8)

Best JPPY '11 Player
First JPPY '12 Player

Checkout my Honolulu Greats log also

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Cincinnati VS. San Jose 6/4

Hinson, Cirelli help Riptide get by Reds

San Jose- The Riptide used a solid pitching performance by starter Bill Berg and a big first inning to narrowly squeak by Ken Griffey Jr and the Cincinnati Reds 5-4 in the opening game of interleague play.
"Bill pitched a good ball game against a good offensive team," said manager Jimmy Dugan of his starting pitcher. Berg, pitched 7 innings and gave up just 3 runs and struck out 5, and got just enough help from his offence to nail down the win.
The Riptide did most of their damage in the first inning where they scored four of their five runs. With Willie Hays and AJ Wright on base Mario Cirelli delivered an RBI single, and was followed by a single from Zach Goodwin. Dotti Hinson then cleared the bases with a 3RBI double to right center.
The Reds would get one back in the second when Edwin Encanacione doubled in Scott Hattaberg and two more would score in the Red half of the third When Adam Dunn hit a two RBI double.
The Riptide would score one more in the sixth. After Mario a Cirelli double and a Benny Rodriguez infield single, Aaron Harang uncorked a wild pitch that allowed Cirelli to score from third.
Dwayne Wane would come in to replace Berg in the eighth and gave up an RBI double to Griffey Jr that closed the gap to one run
But that was as close as the Reds would get as Rick Vaughn came in and closed out the game for his twelfth save of the year.

Box Score
CIN:4
SJR:5
WP: Berg (4-3)
LP: Harang (4-5)
SV: Vaughn (12)
Reds: Griffey Jr. 2-4, 2 2B, RBI, R; Encarnacione 2-4, 2B, RBI
Riptide: Hinson 2-4, 2B, 3RBI; Cirelli 3-4, 2B, RBI, 2R

Reds (28-31) Riptide (29-30)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide, Mets complete trade in swap of pitchers

San Jose- The San Jose Riptide and New York Mets have completed a trade, sending pitching prospect Spencer Gil to the Mets in exchange for Mike Pelfrey.
"We have been looking for ways to strengthen our pitching staff for most of the year and Mike gives us a good middle of the rotation presence." said general manager Al Percolo. "We are going to miss Spencer, who is a heck of a prospect, but we are very happy to have Mike on board."
"The starting pitching has been better lately and getting a guy of Pelfrey's ability will only help us improve," said manager Jimmy Dugan speaking of his new pitcher. Asked when Tide fans can expect to see thier new pitcher, Dugan said it will be next week. "We just turned the rotation over and Mike will slide into the four spot, projecting out, he should pitch the last game of the San Francisco series."

To make room on the roster, strugling pitcher John Kessel was sent down to AAA Port Orford.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide @ San Francisco 6/10

Pelfrey has solid debut as Tide down Giants

San Francisco- The Riptide continue to roll through the first weeks of June picking up another win last night in the final game of a three game set against the San Francisco Giants 6-2.
"It's been great being able to play as well as we have over the last three or four weeks," said Benny Rodriguez who had a big game, falling just a homerun of a cycle. "We have been able to get over .500 and we hope to be able to keep getting better."
The Riptide were able to jump on San Francisco starter Matt Cain right away in the first inning, putting up a three spot. Benny Rodriguez would drive in two runs with an RBI triple and would score one batter latter when Dottie Hinson hit a SAC fly to center.
Rodriguez would drive in another run with an RBI double in the third and would drive in his fourth run of the game in the fifth with an opposite field base hit. Hinson would follow with an RBI single of her own a batter later.
The Giants would finally get on the board in the bottom of the seventh. After putting runners on the corners with no outs, Dave Roberts would drive in a run with a base hit to right, which would end Pelfry's night.
"Mike did a heck of a job tonight," said manager Jimmy Dugan. "I would have liked to have left him in to finish the inning and get out of trouble on his own, but he was just out of gas by that point."
Larry Perkins would come in to pitch the ninth for the Tide. After giving up an RBI single to Omar Vizquel, Perkins was able to get Rich Arullia to fly out to center to end the game.

Box Score
SJR:6
SF:2
-------------------------------
WP: Pelfrey (1-0)
LP: Cain (5-4)
Riptide: Pelfrey 6 1/3, 8H, 5K, 1ER; Rodriguez 3-4, 2B, 3B, 4RBI, R
Giants: Vizquel 3-5, 3B, RBI; Roberts 2-5 RBI

Riptide (33-31) Giants (27-37)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Yay! Another game update!

Benny had a great game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide draft two pitchers in inaugural team draft

New York- The San Jose Riptide participated in their first MLB entry draft today in New York City and, as was a need all year, pitching was the order of the day. San Jose grabbed pitchers with both their picks today, left hander Evan Andrews with their #1 pick and #1 overall and right hander Brad Lawson in the second round; both pitchers are under the age of 23.
"We really feel like we scored here today, big time." Said GM Al Percolo. "Both of these guys have plus fastballs, can throw multiple breaking pitches and are very competitive."
Percolo was asked if, and when, either of their new prized picks would be on the roster at any point this year. "I spoke to (manager)Jimmy (Dugan) and we both 100% confidant that they will be, and possibly before September."
Below is a quick bio of how the draft picks graded out.

Round 1
Player: Evan Andrews - P/L
MPH: 92
Control: E-116
Stamina: B-115
Slider: 3
Change: 3
Sparkplug

Round 2
Player: Brad Lawson - P/R
MPH:93
Control: D-124
Stamina: C-107
Slider:3
Curveball:3
Splitter: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Those are two gooooooood pitchers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Lawson is pretty good :)

Best JPPY '11 Player
First JPPY '12 Player

Checkout my Honolulu Greats log also

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Post draft transactions

Riptide waive pitchers Oscar Emerson and Larry Perkins
Riptide release AAA pitcher Spencer Morgan and sign rookie free agent pitcher Darien Stults
Riptide send P Grahme Hill to AAA Port Orford and call up rookie P Evan Andrews
Riptide call up rookie P Brad Lawson to fill 25 man roster
Riptide send P Owen Ruan to AAA Port Orford and call up rookie P Darien Stults

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:07 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

ZeroGibson13 wrote:
Those are two gooooooood pitchers.

MrLiamcar wrote:
Lawson is pretty good :)

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw thier stats, I just about fell off my chair. Then I ran across a pretty good rookie free agent reliever as well; my pitching staff is really starting to look good.

All three have been called up already, they were already better than pitchers I had on my roster. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Rockies VS. Riptide 6/13/07

Riptide edge Rockies in series finale

San Jose- The San Jose Riptide slipped by the Colorado Rockies last night 6-4. In a game the Tide trailed early, they were able to fight back and win the rubber game of the three game series.
"It was a good win, Colorado has a good team and a great lineup. But this team is tenacious and we never quit no matter what." said Benny Rodriguez after the game.
The Rockies got on the board early against starter Kenny DeNunez who, didn't quite have his best stuff tonight. In the top of the first, Matt Holliday doubled and scored two batters later when Brad Hawpe doubled him in.
Matt Holliday would add to the Rockie lead in the top of the third. With runners on second and third Matt Holliday hit a bouncer to short, which scored Jamie Carroll from third.
"I just didn't have my best stuff tonight." Said DeNunez "It was a battle all game long to just throw strikes consistently."
DeNunez started getting some help in the Tide half of the third. AJ Wright singled and stole second and then later scored on a Chad Williams RBI single.
The Riptide pulled even with the Rockies in the fourth When Benny Rodriguez singled, stole second and advanced to third when Chris Ianetta threw the ball over Kaz Matsui's head and into center field. Rodriguez scored on a Zach Williams SAC fly and Dotti Hinson capped the scoring in the inning with a solo homerun.
The Riptide would take the lead in the fifth. With one out Mario Cirelli singled and Rodriguez hit a 2 run homerun. Zach Goodwin and Hinson followed with singles and AJ Wright delivered an RBI single.
Newly drafted prospect Brad Lawson came in to pitch the 7th, and looked a little like a rookie, giving up a double to Chris Ianetta and, two batters later, an RBI double to Jamie Carroll. But manager Jimmy Dugan didn't pull the plug on the youngster and left him out there for the eighth; and Lawson delivered a perfect 1-2-3 inning.
"The young man did a good job bouncing back from giving up the run in the seventh to pitching a perfect eighth. It's only two innings, but it shows he has some poise." Said Jimmy Dugan
Rick Vaughn came in to close the door in the ninth to earn his thirteenth save of the year.

Box Score
COL:4
SJR:6
WP: DeNunez (5-4)
LP: Kim (3-6)
SV: Vaughn (13)
HR: Rodriguez (17), Hinson (6)
Colorado: Holliday 1-4, 2B, 2RBI; Carroll 2-4, RBI
Riptide: Rodriguez 2-4, HR, 2RBI, 2R; Hinson 4-4, 2B, HR, RBI, R

Rockies (39-28) Riptide (35-32)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide @ Padres 6/17

Pitchers duel ends in low scoring loss for Tide

San Diego- With both starting pitchers for last nights game coming into the night with ERA's over 4, you would have expected both teams to have no problems scoring some runs. But, Clay Hensley and Bill Berg had other ideas, both pitching gems and only giving up an earned run each.
"Bill pitched a heck of a game," said manager Jimmy Dugan "It's just a shame our offence had such a lousy night. We got enough hits but it seemed like we could just couldn't get a big hit in a key spot."
The only blemish on the night for Berg came in the first inning when Mike Cameron, the second batter of the game, hit a solo home run to put the Padres up 1-0 early.
The only run of the game for the Riptide came in the second when Lou Newman drove in Mario Cirelli with an RBI 2B. Although the Riptide had chances in both the 8th and 9th innings to score runs, putting two on with less than two out, they failed to come through with the big hit.
"Offensively we have been really consistent all year so it is tough to not come out of a game like this with a win." Said Benny Rodriguez.
The Padres would get the winning run on a Brian Giles base hit to drive in Mike Cameron.

Box Score
SJR:1
SD:2
-------------------------------
WP: Vaughn (0-3)
LP: Brocail(3-3)
HR: Cameron (9)
Riptide: Berg 6IP, 3H, 1ER, 11K; Newman 1-4, 2B, RBI
Padres: Hensley 7.2 IP, 8H, 1ER, 1K; Cameron 2-4, 3B, HR, RBI, 2R

Riptide (36-34) Padres (33-37)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Three Riptide players are currently in the running to be All-Stars

Catcher Dotti Hinson (.298/7/39) is second to the Twins Joe Mauer (.342/3/64) and the Mariners Kenji Johjima is third (.266/7/36)
Third baseman Mario Cirelli is also second (.349/7/40) behind the Angles Chone Figgans (.311/5/53), and the Blue Jays Troy Glaus (.199/19/69) is third
Shortstop Benny Rodriguez (.330/17/66) is third, trailing the Yankees Derek Jeter (.346/2/56) and the Orioles Miguel Tejada (.366/6/44) is first

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Benny is doing better than both of those shortstops!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next