Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: San Jose Riptide - The Franchise
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:18 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
April transactions
Benny Rodriguez was named rookie of the month for April with a .286 average, 7HR and 24RBI. 4/30/2007

Edward James was sent to AAA Port Orford and Felix Tanner was called up. 5/1/2007
Garrett Ponder was sent to AAA Port Orford and Dwayne Wayne was called up. 5/1/2007

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:22 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Angles VS. Riptide 5/2

Hinson, Riptide best Matthew Jr, Angels

San Jose- The Riptide and Angels have played each other so much to start the season that, despite the separation of the two teams in the standings, there is a genuine dislike that is starting to fester between these two teams; and today some of that dislike came right to the surface.
Right out of the gate, in the first inning, Angels starter Jared Weaver plucked Chad Williams and then, two pitches later, hit Mario Cirelli. Cirelli walked down to first base but was jawing with Weaver the whole way down the line to first. The two started walking towards each other, which caused the benches to clear. Once things calmed down and the teams were separated, home plate umpire Marty Foster warned both benches. The warning didn't not sit well with Tide manager Jimmy Dugan, who came out and argued with Foster, and somehow managed not to get himself ejected.
"I felt the warning was unfair." said Dugan after the game. " (Ryan) Dunne hadn't even taken the mound yet and he was already going to have to be extra careful pitching inside."
Despite Dugan's objections, the Tide would make Weaver and the Angels pay. Once play resumed, DH Zach Goodwin boomed an opposite field RBI double to score Williams and, two pitches later, Dottie Hinson followed with a long 3-run homerun to straight away center field to put the Tide up 4-0.
"Dottie's been on a roll lately and she is swinging the bat well," Said center fielder Willie Hays. "Jared is a tough pitcher and being able to jump on him like that was big."
While Weaver eventually settled down, Riptide starter Ryan Dunne was rolling along, allowing just a solo homerun to Juan Rivera, before Dunne ran into trouble in the seventh. Mike Nappoli and Howie Kedrick opened the seventh with back to back singles. Dunne bared down and got pinch hitter Garrett Anderson to strikeout and Jose Molina to pop-out. But Gary Matthews Jr, who has turned into a Riptide killer, touched Dunne for a 3-run homerun to tie the game.
"Ryan pitched a great game, but Matthews is just off to a great start." said Hinson "It wasn't even a very hittable pitch he hit out either, Ryan hit his spot and he just put a good swing on the ball."
"I remember saying a few weeks ago that we shouldn't be pitching to this guys," said manager Jimmy Dugan sarcastically. "Maybe if I tattooed 'Don't pitch to Matthews' to Hinson's head my pitchers would see that message before they threw him something he could hit."
The Riptide would retake the lead in the bottom of the seventh, getting an RBI double from Cirelli and an RBI single by Benny Rodriguez.
The Angels would get one back in the eighth as Juan Rivera hit his second solo homerun of the game.
But that was all the Angels would get as Rick Vaughn shut them down in the ninth, getting the dangerous Vladimir Guerrero to ground out to short to end the game.

Box Score
ANA:5
SJR:6
-----------------------------
WP: Dunne (2-0)
LP: Carrasco (7-1)
SV: Vaughn (7)
HR: Mathews Jr(11), J. Rivera 2(6), Hinson(4)
Angles: Matthews Jr 2-4, HR, 3RBI; J. Rivera 2-4, 2HR, 2RBI
Riptide: Hinson 1-4 HR, 3RBI; Rodriguez 2-4 GW RBI

Angles (21-9) Riptide (13-17)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide @ Brewers 5/6/2007

Riptide edge Brewers behind strong start from Bill Berg

Milwaukee- Riptide ended a their three game losing streak behind a strong pitching performance by Bill Berg. Berg, who has struggled milady this season, picked up his first big league win behind six strong innings.
"Considering the start he was off to, Berg was bound to run into a good start at some point," said manager Jimmy Dugan. "He was able to mix his pitches, locate well and keep the hitters mostly off balance."
The only run Berg would surrender would be an RBI double to Craig Council in the second inning.
The Riptide would get even in the fourth when Zach Goodwin hit a solo homerun and then pulled ahead in the fifth on a Mario Cirelli RBI single.
The Tide would tack two more on in the sixth. With the bases loaded and one out, Joe Martino drove in a run with an RBI single and Willie Hays followed with an RBI single.
Felix Tanner pitched a perfect seventh in relief of Berg, but the Brewers got to him in the eighth. Pinch hitter Gabe Gross came on with runners on first and third and delivered an RBI single. Gross was followed by an RBI single by Geoff Jenkins, who tried to stretch a single into and was thrown out by on a great relay throw by Joe Martino.
Rick Vaughn came on in the ninth and closed to door on the game by getting JJ Hardy to ground out to earn his eighth save of the year.

Box Score
SJR:4
MIL:3
-------------------------------
WP: Berg (1-3)
LP: Capuano (3-3-1)
SV: Vaughn (8)
HR: Goodwin(5)
Riptide: Berg 6IP, 9H, 1ER, 4K; Goodwin 3-4, HR, RBI
Brewers: Hardy 3-5, 2B; Gross 1-1, RBI

Riptide (14-20) Brewers (19-15)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

DeNunez, Hinson help Riptide crown Royals in blowout win

San Jose- It has been difficult this season getting much length out of starting pitchers this year for the Riptide. But today, not only did the Riptide get some length, they got the first complete game in franchise history courtesy of the right shoulder of Kenny DeNunez.
"I felt good today. I was able to throw strikes, mix in my pitches and my defense played great behind me." Said DeNunez who had 11 strikeouts on the day, 7 in the first three innings.
DeNunez would get more than enough run support on the day in the bottom of the third when San Jose exploded for a big five run inning. Benny Rodriguez and Zach Goodwin would get back to back RBI singles before Dotti Hinson delivered the big blow of the inning; a three run homerun to left.

The Riptide would add more in the fourth when Mario Cirelli hit an RBI double and Benny Rodriguez followed with and RBI double.
The Royals would get their only run of the game in the fifth . With runners on the corners and one out, Mark Grudzielanek hit a slow roller to short. The Riptide tried to turn the double play, but Grudzielanek beat out Joe Martino's relay throw allowing the run to score from third; the only blemish on the day for DeNunez.
"DeNunez pitched a great game, he kept hitters off balance and the complete game allows the guys in the pen to rest. And with the off day tomorrow, essential those guys will get two days off, which we really need." said Dugan
The Tide would finish off the scoring in the sixth when Chad Williams scored on a SAC fly RBI from Willie Hays.

Box Score
KC:1
SJR:9
WP: DeNunez (3-2)
LP: O. Perez (0-3)
HR: Hinson(5)
Royals: DeJesus 2-4, 2B; Grudzielanek 1-4, RBI
Riptide: DeNunez CG, 0ER, 11K, 7H; Hinson 1-4 HR, 3RBI

Royals (10-27) Riptide (16-21)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:28 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Riptide @ White Sox: 5-15

Riptide, big bats sock Sox

Chicago- The Jose Riptide beat the Chicago White Sox last night at US Cellular field on the strength of a major offensive explosion.
"As a hitting coach, you hope to see your guys put up these types of numbers every night," said hitting coach Roy Hobbs.
The Riptide got the ball rolling early by scoring six runs and sending thirteen men to the plate in the first knocking White Sox starter Javier Vazquez out of the game after pitching just 1/3 of an inning. Mario Cirelli, Zach Goodwin, Dotti Hinson and Joe Martino all had RBI's in the inning and Lou Newman added a 2RBI double.
Iguchi got the White Sox on the board with a solo homerun in the third, at that point of the game, only the second hit allowed by starter Ryan Dunne.
The Riptide would add 4 more runs between the fourth and fifth innings getting a 2RBI single from Zach Goodwin and an RBI single from Lou Newman. Then Mario Cirelli and Benny Rodriguez would hit back to back home runs in the fifth, Cirelli and 2run homerun and Rodriguez a solo homerun in the fith which was answered when Jermaine Dye went yard in the bottom of the inning with a solo homerun.
Starter Ryan Dunne cruised into the ninth giving up just to runs over eight and manager Jimmy Dugan decided to leave Dunne in to finish the game; a decision that would come back to haunt him.
After giving up just two runs all game, Dunne surrendered a three run homerun to Joe Creded; which then forced Dugan to finally pull Dunne.
"Left him in a couple batters to many. He deserved a better end to the game." said Dugan With Rick Vaughn unavailable with soreness, Danny Tanner came into the game to get the last two outs, but not before surrendering s solo home run to AJ Pierzynski

Box Score
SJR: 12
CHW: 6
-------------------------------
WP: Dunne (3-1)
LP: Vazquez (2-3)
HR: Dye(8), Crede(5), Pierzynski(2), Cirelli(4), Rodriguez(10)
Riptide: Cirelli 2-5, HR, 3RBI; Rodriguez 5-5, 3 2B, HR, RBI, 3R
White Sox: Crede 2-4, HR, 3RBI; Dye 2-4, HR, RBI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

White Sox VS. Riptide 5/21

Dunn goes distance, blanks Sox

San Jose- Ryan Dunne put together an outing the San Jose Riptide have been waiting for from their #1 starter all year last night, when the team needed it most, Dunne pitched a complete game shutout against the Chicago White Sox.
"Huge. Gigantic. Just a great performance." said manager Jimmy Dugan after the game, "We certainly didn't hit well tonight so Ryan picked a perfect time to pitch a great game."
Dunne surrendered just six hits on the night while striking out 7 and induced the Sox to ground into four double plays.
"It was a night were I was able to locate, keep my pitches down and get a lot of ground balls." Said Dunne, on a night were Chicago olny had two men reach second base and not one runner made it to third.
The only run of the game was scored in the bottom of the third when Chad Williams singled home Lou Newman after AJ Wright was hit by a pitch.
The goat of the game for the Sox was Podesednik. Podsednik, normally a very good base runner, was picked off in the sixth inning by Dunne and was thrown out by Dottie Hinson while trying to steal second in the top of the ninth. Dunn finished his night and the shutout by getting Brian Anderson to strikeout looking.

Box Score
CLE:0
SJR:1
WP: Dunne (4-1)
LP: MacDougal (4-2)
Indians: Erstad 2-3; Podsednik 2-4
Riptide: Dunne CGSHO, 6H, 7K; Newman 2-3, R

Indians (26-21) Riptide (21-26)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Hey, it's back! I was just thinking about this log :D

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
And we're back! Nice to see you continue this, Scott!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Yes very nice indeed

Best JPPY '11 Player
First JPPY '12 Player

Checkout my Honolulu Greats log also

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Whaaa? A Riptide update? :P Glad to see it back

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Thanks guys.
Sorry for the delay, I had a busy summer and a busy start to the fall. Things are starting to caml down now so I'm hoping to get two games up a week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Yes very good. You probably haven't met me, but I have read your log

not right now if you were wondering... :P

Best JPPY '11 Player
First JPPY '12 Player

Checkout my Honolulu Greats log also

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Indians VS. Riptide 5/25

Berg, Tide romp Indians

San Jose- Good pitching has been hard to find so far this season for the Riptide but, over the last few days, the starting rotation has found a groove and Bill Berg continued that trend last night as he pitched 8 innings of one hit ball as the Riptide bested the Indians.
"This is a trend I hope we can hold on to here." said manager Jimmy Dugan. "You like to see your starters throw strikes, work deep into games and be efficient with their pitch counts."
"Bill did a good job of mixing his pitches, more importantly keeping them down, and we were able to get a lot of easy ground balls that led to some quick innings, which is always a big plus." said catcher Dottie Hinson
After the Riptide took a 1-0 lead in the first on a Benny Rodriguez RBI single, the Tribe got their only run of the game in the third inning when Grady Sizemore grounded into a fielders choice that allowed Josh Bartfield to score from third. The Tide would retake the lead in the bottom of the inning when, after Willie Hays tripled, Mario Cirelli hit a two run homerun.
They tide would get one more run in the bottom of the fifth. After Hays led off with a single and a stolen base, his third of the game, Mario Cirelli reached on a fielders choice and Rodriguez drove Hays home with an RBI single.
The Riptide would finish the scoring off in the sixth, getting RBI singles from Joe Martino , Chad Williams, Cirelli and an RBI double from Rodriguez.

Box Score
CLE: 1
SJR: 7
WP: Berg (3-3)
LP: Sowers (1-5)
HR: Cirelli (5)
Indians: Sizemore 1-4, 2B, RBI; Bartfield 1-3, R
Riptide: Berg 8IP, 6H, 4K, 1ER; Cirelli 2-5, HR 3RBI

Indians (28-22) Riptide (23-27)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

May Transactions
Benny Rodriguez was named rookie of the month for May with a .353 average, 7HR and 29RBI. Rodriguez has won this award two months in a row.6/1/2007

P Felix Tanner was send to AAA Port Orford and P Alex Keaton was called up. 6/1

Team Stats
Record: 27-28 (DIV:3rd)(MLB:17th)
Average: .278 (DIV:3rd)
Runs: 304 (DIV:2nd)
HR: 41 (DIV:3rd)
ERA: 5.51 (DIV:4th)
Strikeout: 271 (DIV:5th)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:55 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

May Offensive Stats
W.Hays: H-66/AVR-.286/R-39/RBI-25/2B-13/3B-1/HR-0/SB-34
C.Williams: H-57/AVR-.250/R-32/RBI-23/2B-4/3B-0/HR-1/SB-13
M.Cirelli: H-58/AVR-.349/R-33/RBI-37/2B-11/3B-0/HR-/SB-
B.Rodriguez: H-66/AVR-.319/R-41/RBI-53/2B-16/3B-1/HR-14/SB-12
D.Hinson: H-54/AVR-.293/R-28/RBI-28/2B-14/3B-0/HR-5/SB-1
L.Newman- H-57/AVR-.281/R-28/RBI-28/2B-8/3B-0/HR-4/SB-3
Z.Goodwin: H-61/AVR-.308/R-34/RBI-38/2B-4/3B-0/HR-8/SB-4
A.Wright: H-50/AVR-.258/R-27/RBI-27/2B-4/3B-2/HR-0/SB-15
J.Martino: H-39/AVR-.211/R-24/RBI-29/2B-8/3B-0/HR-2/SB-9
A.Collins: H-5/AVR-.333/R-5/RBI-2/2B-0/3B-1/HR-0/SB-0
J.Seaver: H-16/AVR-.229/R-7/RBI-8/2B-3/3B-0/HR-0/SB-0
H.Porter: H-7/AVR-.206/R-2/RBI-2/2B-0/3B-0/HR-0/SB-0
J.Rijos: H-1/AVR-.100/R-4/RBI-4/2B-0/3B-0/HR-1/SB-0

May Pitching Stats
R.Dunne: IP-66.2/ER-33/ERA-4.46/SO-62/BB-10/W-5/L-1/SV-0
K.Denunez: IP-60.0/ER-36/ERA-5.40/SO-59/BB-24/W-4/L-3/SV-0
S.Wells: IP-51.0/ER-22/ERA-3.88/SO-43/BB-25/W-1/L-2/SV-0
B.Berg: IP-50.2/ER-29/ERA-5.15/SO-24/BB-13/W-3/L-3/SV-0
J.Kessell: IP-41.2/ER-40/ERA-8.42/SO-16/BB-25/W-2/L-4/SV-0
G.Hill: IP-26.2/ER-22/ERA-7.43/SO-14/BB-11/W-0/L-4/SV-0
L.Perkins: IP-32.2/ER-27/ERA-7.44/SO-14/BB-27/W-2/L-0/SV-0
F.Tanner: IP-15.2/ER-9/ERA-5.17/SO-4/BB-9/W-0/L-0/SV-0
D.Wane: IP-7.1/ER-1/ERA-1.23/SO-1/BB-2/W-1/L-1/SV-0
O.Ruan: IP-38.2/ER-25/ERA-5.82/SO-13/BB-24/W-3/L-4/SV-1
S.Lewis: IP-44.1/ER-21/ERA-4.26/SO-11/BB-22/W-5/L-2/SV-0
R.Vaughn: IP-17.2/ER-5/ERA-2.55/SO-3/BB-8/W-0/L-1/SV-11

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next