Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Ultimate has Gd Morale but I haven't noticed it affect anything. Has anyone else that's been using him (or some other player with gd morale) noticed anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:32 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

This is brutally annoying as I have a team where 2/3 of the players are blue after a random mix at the start of the season.
I think the probability of good mood is based on the fatigue level. Fatigue increases by practice and of course playing in games. The problem is that when I select rest in practice for a player and sit him out a couple games, the bar only drops a tiny bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:27 am 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
So has anyone figured out how to really get people out of bad moods? My DH has been in the purple the entire time and it's killing his stats (as well as potential HR's). The only time I've seen a mood go up or down is when I played in the Wiimote game and getting hit after hit after hit will make you feel better.

Perhaps I should try putting my other catcher in, who has the Sparkplug ability. Maybe if he does good, everyone else will feel better, or just hit better?

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:50 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I think I've noticed how well a player is doing affects his mood so sparkplug can potentially, yet indirectly, help moods. Sitting him might help; I guess he can't really get any lower, right?

I just wish I could figure gd morale out. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

It seems like performing well in games can help but it doesn't always.

I've tried changing:

What they practice (ie batting instead of fielding)
Grouping/Ungrouping in practice
Changing Batting order
Sitting Players
Resting Players (in practice)

I still haven't found anything that is fool proof. Maybe its just random?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:22 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Wulftown wrote:
It seems like performing well in games can help but it doesn't always.

I've tried changing:

What they practice (ie batting instead of fielding)
Grouping/Ungrouping in practice
Changing Batting order
Sitting Players
Resting Players (in practice)

I still haven't found anything that is fool proof. Maybe its just random?

Well I am assuming it's random-esque. I started the year with my DH in the Blue, then he went Purple, then Blue, and now in the Yellow within a matter of about a week. I wonder if he is really a woman in disguise.

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:23 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

DarkShade wrote:
I started the year with my DH in the Blue, then he went Purple, then Blue, and now in the Yellow within a matter of about a week. I wonder if he is really a woman in disguise.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
When pitchers have low motivation, their breaking pitches are more slowed and have less break. Their fastballs also are slower. I noticed this when I played F. Hernandez on purple motivation...his 5 change up became a lvl 1 >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Did the level actually reduce to a 1, or did it just seem like a level 1?

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
It seemed like a one. A pitch can't change that much if you under 35...

Post subject: Emotions and Rest
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Emotion Levels in the game represent many things. A player can get on a hot streak in real life then have 2 bad games and get ripped by the media. Think of the emotes as the player's life and times. Maybe a bad interview in the papers, maybe a fight with the wife, etc. Try rotating players when they are flat. Give a day off or two till they get cold (blue). I play every game live, so a few days of 2 for 4 or a good outing and my players come back to yellow (normal).
It is related to fatigue levels as well. I practice my players everyday and monitor the fatigue levels before the next game starts. When a player gets to half to 3/4 full fatigue I sit him in rest/fitness. You can check fatigue in practice then hit the - button (on the Wii). You can purchase a hot dog for 30,000 that will cut your fatigue level down in a few days. You can still play them if they are at half as long as they are resting in practice. The more you hit the speed buttons the more the fatigue. Also every player has a recovery level for fatigue. Older players recover slower than younger players. This is represented with their durability and recovery. If you play someone who is not at their best and has fatigue or low durability they can get hurt by overdoing it. If you need to, send someone down to the minors, get a hot replacement for a few days in AAA, and give someone a day off.
Currently I play the Mets. I am 75-1 no big deal on the record when you play each game...however....I only have one player who is purple(flat). And that is because he had a bad start and I skipped his next start to play Santana. I guess he was upset about that!! Point is that if you micromanage the team and use a little imagination you can keep your team in the pink.
Gomez and Endy Chavez for J. Santana and Torii Hunter and 6000 owner points....best....trade...ever!! Can't believe the program let me steal them for that!

PS: I have noticed that if you put a player in a trade deal and it is not accepted your players morale can drop a bit. I guess he read the newspapers!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:29 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Now that is quite an interesting analysis. :lol:

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

meh. I'm too lazy to micromanage.

3rd year in season mode Roger Clemens.

.03 ERA. 286.1 IP 32-0 27 Shutouts 28 CG.
664 K, 2.32 K/IP, .04 OPP BA, .06 OPP SLG, .092 OPP OBP, 16.2 K/BB

Highest K/IP ever F. Hernandez 2.37!!

6th Year Posada-.534/.591/.762 405 H, 70 2B, 14 3B, 25 HR, 393 RBI, 2.39 BB/K, 91 SB, 1.353 OPS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:13 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
have run through three seasons now and my power DH is always in a bad mood. His HR total suffers, and he gets out performed every year in both power and RBI by a guy very much his inferior. Does the way a player is being used affect his mood, kinda like contract negotiations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:49 am 
Rookie
Rookie

If I had that problem with the 'Power DH' here is how I would analyze it: first check his age. If he is older he may be losing some of his ability and his mood could fluctuate. Is he getting hits? Try moving him up in the lineup to get more at bats. Is he tired and can't hit? Try moving him down in the lineup to get less at bats and more fastballs. A player can lose mood if the team is in a slump, if he is in a slump, if he is used in trades that fail, no days off, etc. I would try him in a different spot after about 2 days off. Also since I play each game I have noticed that when a player goes cold to flat, especially with power hitters, you need to hit regular. That is no power swing. Let them get a few hits and regain their feel. Also some players are not so good against leftys/rightys. Check their stats and see. Maybe you face certain pitchers that he cant hit. Also weather. Some dont play well in rain=Also in your stats. Is he a natural DH? or have you taken an every day player like an ARod and made him a DH. Not playing can effect mood.
If all else fails, maybe its time for a change. Package him up and ship him out! I have gotten over 40 homers out of Marcus Thames from Detroit who I traded a backup player for. He is a defensive backup for them I think and his power is a B to start. Sometimes its easier to make a trade, I was hitting over .300 with Sean Green but he wasnt happy playing part time so I traded him. His mood went up and down as I rotated him in and out of the lineup. Also good pitching beats good hitting. Are you losing games late? That could bring a team down. Look for a good reliever. Try Ohman from the cubs. May be the only lefty reliever that is a 4 against leftys, a 4 fastball life, and a 4 recovery. Golden in the bullpen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next