Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hall of Famers
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:54 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
calislim wrote:
I prefer Brad over Rex. Rex is useless IMO. If you still have Alvin, he can go yard too. He hit 3 for me against the Superstars (granted with lock on and purple mood)

Purple as in Worst form?
unless you mean Pink-Best Form
because your making it sound like he was at his best

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:16 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
SUPACLIPA wrote:
calislim wrote:
I prefer Brad over Rex. Rex is useless IMO. If you still have Alvin, he can go yard too. He hit 3 for me against the Superstars (granted with lock on and purple mood)

Purple as in Worst form?
unless you mean Pink-Best Form
because your making it sound like he was at his best

Good catch. Pink is what I meant. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:38 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Yankees
i got there and we lost 5-1 :( it was never even close but i thought it was clever that they had albert pujols talk to you and marvin wanting jake peavy's autograph
i don't have a camera so ill try to post a dh's code that i just made
winning in year three definetly get's you a contract.
i went 2 for 4 with my guy with 2 homers and 4 rbi in a loss and i didn't get signed by the scout (who by the way is kind of weird)

p.s. imo?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:47 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
calislim wrote:

Rex is an enigma with me, he seems to be one extreme or the other - a high average hitting machine or an out making machine -lol- The puzzling part is that whichever way he goes it tends to be consistent across all of the games in both years. I mean, he's consistently good or consistently bad. I had Rex on my my last run through Success Mode last week and every game in both years I'd get to the 8th (I was captain both years) and when he came up he'd be 2-2, 2-3, or 3-4 already, and I don't think he made an out the entire with me controlling him. But I've also had runs with Rex that were the complete opposite.

I like Rex better for position players because his glove is more useful (with pitchers you're going to buy a pitcher specific glove anyway). And Rex's story arc events get you good necklaces for much cheaper than you'd pay in the shop. But Brad is definitely the better power hitter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:55 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Schwammy1121 wrote:
i got there and we lost 5-1 :( it was never even close but i thought it was clever that they had albert pujols talk to you and marvin wanting jake peavy's autograph

Don't feel bad about not winning the Superstars game. I didn't win won of those until maybe my 20th Success Mode player? The first several players I even reloaded multiple times trying to win that game to see what happened, but couldn't. I got mercy ruled a handful of times. Funny thing is, once I actually did manage to win one, I went on a streak and won the Superstars game the next 4-5 consecutive times (different players). Now I've settled in to where I win some and I lose some.

If you want you can try practicing by playing some exhibition games (or season mode games) with the CPU's pitching, fielding, and hitting set to "Powerful," which is what it is in the Superstars game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:16 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
My strategy against the All-Stars is simple. Get the game over with and make one important gamble.

It's much easier to make a 40% gamble for something good than to beat the All-Stars. Therefore giving you even more points than you would have had, had you beaten them. To tell you the truth, I don't think it gives you that much more anyway.

Remember to save one good ability to gamble for at the end. Usually one that requires points in all categories, because the gamble percentage is higher and you will have points in every category after the game. Drain your points first of course in power and stamina, but leave enough to gamble with.

Also remember to sell your ring first and then buy a ticket.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:29 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '08: Don't Own
hey bro, are these players you posted on for the first post for the wii?

Ride him like a rented mule!

They were on you like a bunch of spider monkeys

Wear um like a cheap suit

When life gives you a crap sandwich you gotta say pass the mayonaise i'm takin it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:37 pm 
Ace
Ace

MrWelz wrote:
My strategy against the All-Stars is simple. Get the game over with and make one important gamble.

It's much easier to make a 40% gamble for something good than to beat the All-Stars. Therefore giving you even more points than you would have had, had you beaten them. To tell you the truth, I don't think it gives you that much more anyway.

Agreed. I haven't noticed any major Exp differential between winning or losing.

That said, If I'm trying to get one last ability from my bat or glove, I'm going to try to win or at least do well with my player as long as I can. When my pitcher tires, I switch him out and just start throwing meat so They run rule me and end the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:00 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Yeah, once I actually won one I stopped caring whether I win or lose the Superstars game. But you guys have to admit, you wanted to beat them at least once just to see what happened at the end :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:41 pm 
Ace
Ace

Yeah.

I spent several hours trying to beat them for the first time. I was a fielder, and pitched with lousy Alvin and Robin.

After making several pitchers, I realize that it's much easier to win if you're a pitcher. Forget Alvin! If you are captain the whole time, your other pitchers power up, and you'll have at least one of them with BETTER stats than Alvin.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:49 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Yea Alvin isn't all that necessary if youre a pitcher because you can do it yourself and if your a hitter, well be captain

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:12 am 
Ace
Ace

I always avoid being captain when I am a fielder because I want all the hitting zones. (much easier to do)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:04 pm 
Ace
Ace

Same here. It's also much easier to get abilities if you're controlling your hitter. You just can't trust the computer to get the job done.

I like to keep Alvin on for his bat and defense. I usually throw him in at short when I'm playing the superstars because he can actually throw people out from there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:24 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

i finally beat the champion rings in year 3! i lost to the all stars though it was definitly fun anyway i will try to get the time in to make an account this weekend on photobucket i will post the first baseman i made he has B contact B Power 3 Trajectory E Run Speed and decent to bad feilding stats

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

j-gao since u made this site how many posts do i need to go up ranks respectively

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next