Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Hall of Famers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:54 am 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I wanted to start this thread for people to talk about the Hall of Famers they've made or are planning to make. I know for myself, I'd just assume not overlap and do the same one someone else has done. I've spent a couple of hours on Cy Young, but I'm probably going to scrap him since someone else completed him already.

On the "planning to do" list, if you want one of those guys grab him and I'll just take him off my list. I've got plenty and can come up with plenty more :)

Have done:
Ozzie Smith
Nolan Ryan
Babe Ruth
Cy Young
Shoeless Joe Jackson
Bruce Sutter
Willie Mays
Jackie Robinson
Stan Musial
Wade Boggs
Johnny Bench

Actively working on:
(none)

Planning to do if someone else doesn't do them first:
Lou Brock (LF)
Bob Gibson (SP)
Sandy Koufax (SP)
Ty Cobb (CF)
Ted Williams (LF)
Rogers Hornsby (2B)
Jimmy Foxx (1B)

Last edited by Wyl on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:27 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Dennis Eckersley has been done already, how about Lou Gehrig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:24 am 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Let's be mindful that until we crack passwords, Wii and PS2 passwords are still incompatible.

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:53 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

MaxDSterling wrote:
Let's be mindful that until we crack passwords, Wii and PS2 passwords are still incompatible.

You say that as if somebody is seriously working towards cracking them.... not that it wouldn't be great. A conversion program that changes a Wii password to a PS2 one and vice versa would be amazing but I don't see this happening in the near future. (if ever)

Why would they change the password formula though between the systems.... that's so damn annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:19 pm 
Head Coach
Head Coach

I was actually working on it... until the wii broke.

I was going to attempt to pass through a loser (basic B/C stats in everything) and see if I adjusted the saved name by 1 letter, if too much changed.

The other thing to do, is using the exploit, save the character, DON'T save the profile, save the points (just because), and view the password, and delete. Then go back, change one thing, and do it again...

The key issue is that saved names probably can't be identical, which requires deletion after each test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:17 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

I'm thinking of working on Nelly Fox ( old White Sox hall of fame 2nd Baseman with the 3rd best hit to strike out ratio in MLB history. Only 216 strike outs in over 9200 at bats) He won a bunch of gold gloves and was an all star quite a bit too. He had absolutely no power though. Not going to increase that at all.

"Nellie was the toughest out for me. In 12 years I struck him out once, and I think the umpire blew the call. - New York Yankees Hall of Fame pitcher Whitey Ford"

Was planning on making him a pure contact hitter with great fielding and above average speed.

Next was Carlton Fisk. I need to make a cather and well even though he went into the hall as a red sox, he played on the white sox for some time too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:34 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I think the password thing may be a little harder than I originally thought. If you go into the password screen on a character, write it down, exit out of the viewer and then go back in and look at the same characters' password, there are changes to it but the password is largely the same. Almost like a randomizer effect.

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:00 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
DarkShade wrote:
I think the password thing may be a little harder than I originally thought. If you go into the password screen on a character, write it down, exit out of the viewer and then go back in and look at the same characters' password, there are changes to it but the password is largely the same. Almost like a randomizer effect.

Yeah, I noticed that after I made my first player and was confused by it. I'm not sure why it would randomize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:30 pm 
Head Coach
Head Coach

I'd assume is a hashing formula based on time... go look it up on wikipedia if you really wanna know.

If that is the case, the only way to break it is to break the programming code... not gonna happen until the wii hacker people can figure it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
awww. That stinks. I was looking forward to getting Odawali's dudes onto my system. They're just ... there.

But I think the time formula might work to our advantage. That means multiple combinations will all produce the same result, thereby eliminating tens, maybe hundreds or thousands of possibilities. Maybe someone can study the changes and work something out.

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:45 am 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

No idea on the password compatibility issue. I'd assume they're using completely different algorithms between platforms.

I updated my first post, I went ahead and finished Cy Young anyway and then did Shoeless Joe Jackson today (even if he technically isn't a HoF'er)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:48 pm 
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Sony PS2
I know a thing or two about how passwords worked for previous games in the series but this is the first time I heard of the randomizer effect.

Anyway since password cracking is sort of off-topic to this thread about HOFers I'll post what I know someplace else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:22 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

can someone make ...

Pete Rose
Jackie Robinson
Johnny Bench
Hank Aaron
Sandy Koufax
Tony Gywnn
Cal Ripkin Jr.
Joe Morgan
Ryan Sandberg
Wadw Boggs
George Brett
Eddie Matthews
Lou Brock
Ted Williams
Phil Niekro
Warren Spahn
Jimmy Foxx
Willie Mays
Bo Jackson

Thank You

Post subject: mike schmidt and other h.o.f. phillies
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:24 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Phillies
i made a mike schmidt with A power (192), D contact, 3 trj, F running speed, A fielding, A arm strength, and A error resistance. his blue abilities are power hitter, 4 throwing, pivot man, gold glover, barehand catch, and firstball hitter. i usually don't do the gambling ring / save-reload in success mode (too time consuming for me), but schmidt is my all-time favorite player, and i wanted to accurately represent his playing abilities, so i made sure to gamble his abilities up to where i wanted them. i also had to resist the temptation to just gamble him up to As in every category, but schmidt had bad knees and often struggled with strikeouts, so i wanted to back off on the contact and running speed.

his fielding is amazing (nothing gets past him at third and his throws to first are like laser beams), and he's homering consistently.

i gave him shaggy 70's hair and a sweet moustache on the appearance customization screen: he looks awesome! best of all, his first-year salary is less than 1000 pts (although i added him during the "begin new season" menu, so if you add him to an existing season as a free agent the salary might be higher).

when i get a digital camera i'll post the password (it's for ps2).

i've also made a richie ashburn (singles hitter / base stealer extraordinaire), a steve carlton (brutal slider and 4-seamer), a robin roberts, a jim bunning, a grover cleveland alexander, and a chuck klein (massive power to all fields), but none of them are as accurate as my mike schmidt. again, i'll share passwords if / when i get a digital cam. i haven't made any non-phillies players; my loyalty to my team is strong, to say the least.

sd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:15 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

I'm not a Phillies fan, but I did root for them in the 1980 WS (the 1979 season was the first I really paid a lot of attention to baseball) - Tug McGraw was an early favorite of mine :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next