PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
Why isn't there one for pitchers?

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

Post subject: Re: infoboxes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
MaxDSterling wrote:
I've been working on image sets for the pitcher's diagram... but they've been a bit difficult to make clean and with minimal images/code.

I was wondering the same thing, but I found this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 am 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Heh, I've been super busy lately with grad school, girlfriend, work... (something's gotta pay for the first two right?) and I've had very little (read: zero) time to finish the infoboxes, let alone play wii (it's been off for about a week now :( ). Midterms are approaching so I'm going to have even less time.

However, as all the source code is there (I hide nothing), anyone who wants to model a pitcher's setup off the hitter's one can do so. I admit I haven't documented much on the code, but it uses basic wiki formatting and a few addons. Poke around and use the sandbox.

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:43 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
Okay, I can try. We don't have to shove all the work to you (it just makes life so much easier for us.) We could basically use the tree that shows the breaking ball pitches in the character pages (you guys know what I mean, right?) to display the different pitches. How does this sound?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

good!
gotta add colorful pix though, like the hitter's infobox.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I don't know if this is a good suggestion, but maybe for stamina, we could have like a fuel gauge, with the different levels on it at different places. I know it sounds kinda hard, but it's a suggestion.

By the way, how do you make a sandbox?

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:50 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

dunno about the sandbox thing.
the stamina gauge is a good idea!

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 am 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sandbox: wiki/index.php?title=Sandbox

You can make your own personal sandbox by attaching a new page to your profile page, example... wiki/index.php?title=User:Maxdsterling (just add "/Sandbox" to the end of your profile page and create a link to it).

Gauges seem useful only for 255 scale values (as it means a lot between a low A and a high A). Use an "Empty" gauge outline (meaning use .gif format with the "invisible pixel") and fill it with a block of color of the % of 255.

Because of "awesome" created players, it is possible that a pitcher can have killer batting stats, so you'll want to be able to attach the batter's skills to the infobox if desired.

The Generic Player infobox shoud be used by "users" regardless of position, the options inside the infobox will denote whether the pitcher/fielder/both types of boxes are used.

Start here for how they all come together: wiki/index.php?title=Template:Infobox_player

I was working on a pitchers rose (the tree you're referring to) before all hell broke loose with life, and the most irritating is that there are sooo many combinations of pitches possible (including having 2 pitches in any/all directions). I would gauges of both 1 and 2 pitch types in each direction and positioned them over a static picture like the fielding grades. Then filled the "empty gauges" with the necessary colors and adding text to denote pitch types).

The cheap way? Use a table and forget the rose until later (just make the options in the infobox template available so it can be easily plugged in later.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

i don't really get it...
do we go to the sandbox and just randomly edit?

if so, then how could i change this:
CON = Expression error:
Unexpected >=
operator

into this:
CTRL: 155

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:05 am 
Head Coach
Head Coach

yes, but since the "official" sandbox can be wiped at any time by any user, it's best to keep your own "experiments" to your own private page (your personal sandbox).

It also keeps the 'production pages' (pages that the normal user would look at) clean and error free while you are mucking with it.

I don't know what you are messing w/ SJ39, you'll have to give me a link to the page you are working on so I can see the code you are working with.

Guessing though, Control (I thought I labeled it CTRL, not CON because CON looks like CONTACT :S i don't remember) should be modeled off the POWER template.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:37 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ok, i'll try that.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:28 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
What does this have to do with infoboxes?

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:43 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
qweff110 wrote:
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police have arrested twin brothers on suspicion of robbery after their alleged victim spotted a picture of them following him on Google's Street View map application, a spokesman said Friday.
world of warcraft gold
Paul Heidanus, a police spokesman in the town of Groningen, said he believed it was the first time Street View images had been used in a Dutch criminal investigation.

"For us, it is unique," he said.

A 14-year-old boy told police last September he had been robbed of euro165 ($230) and his cell phone after two men dragged him off his bicycle in Groningen,110 miles northeast of the capital, Amsterdam.
cheap wow gold
The victim called again in March after seeing an image of himself and two men he believed were his attackers on Street View, police said in a statement.

Health Top Tips Nutrition Love Lifestyle Happiness Weight Loss

Heidanus said prosecutors sent a formal request to Google for the original photo because people's faces are blurred on Street View.
buy wow gold
"You must tell Google clearly why you want them," Heidanus said of the photo request. In this case, "the photo could provide an important contribution to solving a crime."

The company complied, and a robbery squad detective immediately recognized one of the twins.

Prosecutors will now decide whether to charge the suspects, whose identities were not released.
World of warcraft gold
Since it was launched in 2007, Street View has expanded to more than 100 cities worldwide. But it has drawn complaints from individuals and institutions that have been photographed, including the Pentagon, which barred Google from photographing U.S. military bases for the application.

A spokesman for Google in the Netherlands did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

If all you are going to do is spam, please leave.

Add me on things:
Steam: PacmanAteMe
League of Legends: PacmanAteMe
PSN: hawkey12347

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
qweff110 wrote:
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police have arrested twin brothers on suspicion of robbery after their alleged victim spotted a picture of them following him on Google's Street View map application, a spokesman said Friday.
world of warcraft gold
Paul Heidanus, a police spokesman in the town of Groningen, said he believed it was the first time Street View images had been used in a Dutch criminal investigation.

"For us, it is unique," he said.

A 14-year-old boy told police last September he had been robbed of euro165 ($230) and his cell phone after two men dragged him off his bicycle in Groningen,110 miles northeast of the capital, Amsterdam.
cheap wow gold
The victim called again in March after seeing an image of himself and two men he believed were his attackers on Street View, police said in a statement.

Health Top Tips Nutrition Love Lifestyle Happiness Weight Loss

Heidanus said prosecutors sent a formal request to Google for the original photo because people's faces are blurred on Street View.
buy wow gold
"You must tell Google clearly why you want them," Heidanus said of the photo request. In this case, "the photo could provide an important contribution to solving a crime."

The company complied, and a robbery squad detective immediately recognized one of the twins.

Prosecutors will now decide whether to charge the suspects, whose identities were not released.
World of warcraft gold
Since it was launched in 2007, Street View has expanded to more than 100 cities worldwide. But it has drawn complaints from individuals and institutions that have been photographed, including the Pentagon, which barred Google from photographing U.S. military bases for the application.

A spokesman for Google in the Netherlands did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

who was that guy,all he did was post random junk like that