Post subject: Return to the Oriole: Baltimore Orioles season log
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:35 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
So I tried one of these season logs before and it didn't quite work out, I wasn't thrilled with building an expansion team and didn't stick with it at all. This season log will follow the hopeful rebirth of the Baltimore Orioles organization (I'm a Yankees fan so this stings a bit). This log will include; a complete redraft of all major league rosters, division realignment and a suprize choice for new Orioles manager.
I promise to keep this log going, even though I maybe a few days in between logs or stories; life won't let me do this everyday. I don't plor 4an on playing all games in the season, maybe 1 of 3 or 4.
I will be useing two players I made in success mode, a starting pitcher and a power hitting 1B; These guys are good.

Life has allowed me sometime today so I should be able to post my intro story. Don't know if I will have time to post my dratfted roster or not today, I'm yet to draft as of yet.

Sit back, enjoy. Let's go O's! (Yeah, that hurts)

Post subject: Re: Return to the Oriole: Baltimore Orioles season log
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
I used these guys in 2008 (I see you're using 2007) and they really kinda suck. I tried trading for young quality players, but I could never get too far over .500, let alone get in the playoffs. So good luck, and hope you stick with it! :D

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Return to the Oriole wayThe new GM of the Orioles and their chief scout are meeting to discuss the upcoming season and rule changes made by the new commissioner of baseball. Among the topics of discussion are the upcoming redraft of the league, realignment, and keeping a meddlesome owner as out of the loop as possible to try and bring the franchise back to prominence.

The GM and scout are pouring over scouting reports to try and come up with a draft strategy for the upcoming redraft.
“I keep telling you I like Crawford 1. There aren’t many players out there with the combination of offensive and defensive skills he has.” Said the Orioles scout, looking at a scouting report.
“Pujols, Mauer; I like those guys better. And they have good defensive and offensive skills as well.” Said the new GM, counting the names off on his fingers.
“Trust me, Aaron, we can still get good power hitters late,” The scout answered, determined to get the GM to finally see his point of view” leadoff guys and quality center fielders are going to be really hard to come by. If we don’t get him 1, someone else will.”
The GM took another look at the scouting reports in his hand, “This unknown first baseman of you found better be the real deal, Stu, or else I’m going to look dumb passing on Pujols. Same goes for this pitcher you found.”
“Don’t worry; these guys are the real deal. Colton will hit 45 home runs and Jimmy will be a Cy Young candidate.
“OK, I’m still a little skeptical. We’ll see about that number 1 pick after I get a chance to see these guys play.
“Fair enough, I can live with that, you won’t be disappointed, now this business with a manager, have you and Peter found one yet?”
Aaron’s face contorted a bit “I’m trying to keep Peter out of the loop, you know how interfering he can be with this stuff. I have a manager, he just doesn’t know yet.”
Stu frowned “He still has to know who you are signing, keeping that from him is one thing, how you plan on keeping him out of the drafts another.”
“Oh, I have my ideas. Nothing illegal, don’t worry.” Added the GM at the look on Stu’s face. “I’ll make sure you and I have control over this draft.”
“Ok, I won’t what the plan is, sounds like I don’t want to know. I will ask who you have lined up as a manager.”
As Aaron went to answer, the intercom on his phone rang. He pushed a button and answered. A tiny voice answered, “Sir, Mr. Taylor just got here and is waiting to see you.”
“Excellent! Please send him in.” His secretary answered an affirmative and Aaron hung up “The man of our discussion is here.”
The doors to the GM’s office opened and a won appeared first opening the door, a man thanked her and walked in the room.
Before the GM could say hello and introduce his new manager to Stu, Stu stood up in surprise “Is that Jake Taylor!? Holy cow! I haven’t seen you in forever. How have you been?”
The ex-Indians catcher shook hands with Stu, “Doing OK. In fact, the main reason I took this job was because I heard you were the head scout.”
“Fantastic, you two already know each other.”
“Oh, yeah,” Replied Jake as he took a seat indicated by Aaron, “He scouted me when I was in high school, wouldn’t have been drafted if it wasn’t for him.”
Stu rolled his eyes “Someone would have found you.”
The GM interrupted, “I’m sure we can all catch up over a beer some other time. Jake, I want to thank you for agreeing to take this job. I know it isn’t going to be easy getting into a situation when you don’t even know what your roster is going to look like.”
“I’m just glad for the chance. After coaching in the Mexican league it’s a pleasure to just get back to the bigs. How did Peter take it when he found out I was coming in?”
Aaron winced “He doesn’t know yet. Like we discussed, I’m trying to keep Peter out of these decisions, you know how… involved he can be.”
Jake smiled, “Glad that part isn’t my job.”
“Yes, well, that is just a perk of my job I guess,” joked the GM “I’m still working on him to let the three of us control the draft.”
“I trust you and Stu have been working on a draft strategy that would make him comfortable?”
Aaron indicated Stu who handed a folder to Jake who took a look at the reports. He looked over the reports and nodded his head, the found two scouting reports and did a double take, “Who are these two guys and how come no one else knows about them?”
Stu smiled “Trade secrets. I actually found Jimmy in a little known Italian league, yes they exist and I was as surprised as you when I came across him. Colton’s parents are military so he never played in the states, and no one thinks to scout Europe.”
“We could do damage with these two. How do they not fall under the new draft structure? Are you sure we can sign them?”
Aaron answered for Stu, “This draft only applies to players currently under contract. Since these two are not under contract the rule doesn’t apply. We wait till the draft is over and sign them.”
“I like it. When do we get started?”
“Officially you aren’t under contract, Jake. But if you and Stu here want to get started on scouting reports, I have no objections. Since we have an agreement already I’ll call Peter and finalize the contract, you’ll be signed by tonight.”
“The only other question I hear is that this new commissioner is going to realign the divisions; what’s the story with that?”
The GM sighed “Not really sure. The divisions are going to realign, the commissioner’s office isn’t telling anyone what they will be yet.”
Jake nodded his head and then turned to Stu, “We have some work to do to get our draft charts together. Diners on me first, I think a saw a Blarney Stone on my way in.” After Stu agreed Jake turned to Aaron, “Are we all set for now?”
“For now,” Aaron stood and shook Jake and Stu’s hands, “I’m going to call Pete now and get you under contract. Hopefully I will have it ready for you after diner.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
This is written well, I'll follow!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Me too!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:16 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Powerprosfan31 wrote:

Ditto.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:22 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

philliesfan134 wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:

Ditto.

Image ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
maccrash21 wrote:
philliesfan134 wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:

Ditto.

Image ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

:)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:54 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Thanks for the follows, guys. Hoping to have the draft up by this weekend. I was going to do it last night, but my new born son had other plans for my time.
By the way, not sure if anyon caught where I got my manager from.

[to Rexman] Hey, Rexman! He** of a situation we got here. Two on, two out, your team down a run and you've got the chance to be the hero on national television... if you don't blow it. Saw your wife at the Capri Lounge last night. Hell of a dancer. You should be very very proud. Oh, and that guy she was with? I'm sure he's a close personal friend and all, but tell me, what was he doing wearing her panties on his head? [Rexman pops the ball straight up] Uh-oh, Rexie, I don't think this one's got the distance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:23 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

What?

I'll follow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:55 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I'm following, seems quite well written so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:11 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Baltimore Orioles @ Minnesota Twins - Opening DayThe Baltimore Orioles got off to a good start yesterday under new manager Jake Taylor defeating the Minnesota Twins 5-2. The hitting star of the game and the offensive catalyst for the O's was Nick Markakis. Markakis, hit a monster 3R HR off of Twins starter Sidney Ponson in the top of the first and then added an RBI single in the 5th. Starting pitcher Kris Benson also had a stellar game and was named game MVP going 8 innings, striking out 5 and giving up just two runs.
The Twins damaged was done by none other that the Twins dynamic duo of Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau. Mauer, had a two out RBI single in the 3rd and Morneau added a solo blast over the baggie in the 7th to pull the Twins within 5-2.
The Twins threatened to tie the game in the bottom of the ninth against closer Chris Ray putting runners on the corners before closer Chris Ray struck out Morneau swinging to end the game.
"This was a good win, we had it all working." said new manager Jake Taylor. "We just have to continue to work hard and play good baseball"
"Kris pitched a heck of a game," said hitting start Nick Markakis. "Glad we were able to play well enough to win."

Box Score
WP: Benson (1-0)
LP: Ponson (0-1)
SV: Ray (1)
BAL: Markakis 2-4, HR (1), 4RBI, R
MINN: Mauer 3-4, 2 2B, RBI

Baltimore (1-0) MINN (0-1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:13 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Orioles pull off trade
In a big surprise trade the Baltimore Orioles have acquired two starting pitchers from the Florida Marlins; Scott Olsen and Josh Johnson, in exchange for SS Miguel Tejada.
"This is a big score for us." Said Oriole General Manager Aaron Logan from his office at Camden Yards yesterday. " We are gong to miss Miguel's bat, but we are excited to get a couple of pitchers with such big upside."
Olsen and Johnson are expected to join the team while they are in New York playing the Yankees. According to manager Jake Taylor, Olsen will start the middle game of the series on New York while Johnson will likely start during the teams next home stand.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:14 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

I decided not to go with the dream draft and I'm starting with the Orioles roster.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Cool. A few trades are always nice to spice up the action.

I remember Nick Markakis doing really well for me in my season with these guys, and I started to call him Nick Mar-Kick-A$$. :lol: